Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Good-to-Go Days, Other Ways Walt Disney World Visits Get Easier, More Fun in 2024

2024 is looking bright at Walt Disney World Resort! Throughout the year we’ve been sharing updates that will make planning your vacation simpler, and I’m here to ring in the new year by sharing what I’m most looking forward to and a few tips that will help you make the most out of your visit.

Good-To-Go Days Calendar Coming Jan. 11

In 2024, resolve to be more spontaneous with “good-to-go” days for Annual Passholders! As Passholders prepare for their visits next year, we wanted to share more about how good-to-go days will work:

• On good-to-go days, Annual Passholders may enter the theme parks without needing a reservation (blockout dates will continue to apply like they do today).
  • The theme park reservation calendar, Annual Passholder admissions calendar and My Disney Experience app will show days that are good-to-go. The first good-to-go days will be added to the calendars starting Jan. 11, 2024.
  • Good-to-go days will be added periodically and may be released days or weeks in advance.
With the return of all-day Park Hopper access, Passholders can enter another Walt Disney World theme park any time during park hours.* Annual Passholders may also continue to visit without a park reservation after 2 p.m. unless visiting Magic Kingdom Park on a Saturday or Sunday (blockout dates continue to apply).
I still don’t understand why APs with hotel reservations aren’t being included with other “date based” tickets. Presumably they know as much about what days you might go to the parks with a hotel reservation as they would a 5 day park hopper.

BREAKING: Marvel fires Jonathan Majors following guilty verdict.

Scott Gustin

So do they go with another Kang variant ... as they already had the Kang Dynasty film planned leading to Secret Wars? I would think that's the easiest way to go. But, there were still rumors that if Disney dropped Majors they would go with 'Doom' or 'The Maker' as the new big villain linking to the F4.

I still don’t understand why APs with hotel reservations aren’t being included with other “date based” tickets. Presumably they know as much about what days you might go to the parks with a hotel reservation as they would a 5 day park hopper.
This!!!!
Like I know for springtime surprise weekend we want Epcot for Saturday (dapper day) but don’t know what other parks we want to do yet so we just make reservations now and hope they gel with weather/mood

So do they go with another Kang variant ... as they already had the Kang Dynasty film planned leading to Secret Wars? I would think that's the easiest way to go. But, there were still rumors that if Disney dropped Majors they would go with 'Doom' or 'The Maker' as the new big villain linking to the F4.
One to consider would be making the claim in the MCU that the High Evolutionary was a variant of Kang and give the role to Chukwudi Iwuji.

Couldn't they also just recast Majors?

I hope for a recast, though they really should have brought in Doom sooner. Please not The Maker - just an awful, awful idea.

I wonder if there is any sort of comprehensive list of unused real estate in parks? For as much as they want to develop new stuff, I'm surprised they haven't filled spots like the stitch attraction in tomorrowland, Mermaid spot in HS. A couple of building in the "future world" section of epcot, and of course dinoland. Of course dinoland seems like it's coming. Seems like a like of prime real estate to keep unused for the general public.

Also, did any real reason emerge for them cancelling the theatre behind Main street, on the back alley cut through? I'd think a good stage show would be perfect for the magic kingdom.
Wasn't this cancelled because management/executives used the parking lot where the theater was going to be built? Am I making this up?

I keep saying this, but my guess is that they want to give more to the non-AP guests since they (likely) don't get to go as often. But still...let the normal ticket holders book a Virtual Queue, just give us APs with an onsite hotel booked the ability to go to the parks without a reservation. That would make me so happy!

Rumor: Disney plans to reboot Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show at Disney's Hollywood Studios

The original Voyage of the Little Mermaid stage show, which debuted on January 7, 1992, had its final performance in 2020 and did not reopen from the pandemic shutdown of Walt Disney World.

Disney has not yet confirmed the show's return, but we expect an official announcement of Voyage of the Little Mermaid's comeback very soon.

That's what I want to hear! I don't mind if they tweak it or plus it up some, but something similar will be very welcome.

New ‘The Little Mermaid’ Show Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

How many wonders can one cavern hold? What’s a fire and why does it burn? When will a stage show return to the Animation Courtyard theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? All valid questions – one of which I can’t wait to dive into!

“The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure,” a fully reimagined theatrical production inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Little Mermaid,” will debut in the newly refreshed Animation Courtyard theater in fall 2024.

As part of our continued investment in the Parks experience, Disney Live Entertainment has been dreaming up innovative ways to bring new life to the beloved story of Ariel’s journey to be part of the human world. When it opens, the show will feature stunning new set pieces, cutting-edge effects, and a bold new design that captures Ariel’s imagination and emotions through her unique view of the world around her.

Rendering of the new The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in 2024

“The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” will have guests flipping their fins to musical numbers inspired by the film including “Part of Your World,” “Poor Unfortunate Souls,” and more. Check out this beautiful concept artwork of the show’s “Kiss the Girl” scene – an all-new addition that captures the magic of this fresh production.

With construction inside the theater well underway, we can’t wait to share more in the coming months as the show comes together. Be sure to swim back to the Disney Parks Blog for updates.

How many wonders can one cavern hold? What’s a fire and why does it burn? When will a stage show return to the Animation Courtyard theater at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? All valid questions – one of which I can’t wait to dive into!

“The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure,” a fully reimagined theatrical production inspired by the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Little Mermaid,” will debut in the newly refreshed Animation Courtyard theater in fall 2024.

As part of our continued investment in the Parks experience, Disney Live Entertainment has been dreaming up innovative ways to bring new life to the beloved story of Ariel’s journey to be part of the human world. When it opens, the show will feature stunning new set pieces, cutting-edge effects, and a bold new design that captures Ariel’s imagination and emotions through her unique view of the world around her.

Rendering of the new The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in 2024's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in 2024

“The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” will have guests flipping their fins to musical numbers inspired by the film including “Part of Your World,” “Poor Unfortunate Souls,” and more. Check out this beautiful concept artwork of the show’s “Kiss the Girl” scene – an all-new addition that captures the magic of this fresh production.

With construction inside the theater well underway, we can’t wait to share more in the coming months as the show comes together. Be sure to swim back to the Disney Parks Blog for updates.

Perfect! An upgraded show keeping the same lovely theater - I am excited!

Rendering of the new The Little Mermaid – A Musical Adventure” show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in 2024's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World in 2024

A refresh of the show sounds good and I'm looking forward to it but I love and hate Disney's obsession with using the word 'adventure' for all of their attractions lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter