Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

It did make a nice dessert/nighttime show party, and meet and greet space though.... back before Galaxy's Edge was opened.

Yeah, I did the Star Wars dessert party once and it was really great. I think though that with Galaxy's Edge, the Launch Bay isn't needed. I would like to see the building rethemed, even if it's the same type of thing. It is the Animation Courtyard, so going back to an Anaimation theme would be nice. They could put a lot of the newer stuff in there and use the theater for the previews so they can show One Man's Dream all the time.

Yeah, I did the Star Wars dessert party once and it was really great. I think though that with Galaxy's Edge, the Launch Bay isn't needed. I would like to see the building rethemed, even if it's the same type of thing. It is the Animation Courtyard, so going back to an Anaimation theme would be nice. They could put a lot of the newer stuff in there and use the theater for the previews so they can show One Man's Dream all the time.
I'd like to see Launch Bay moved to be in Galaxy Edge - or next to it. We loved the Star Wars dessert party and have always enjoyed the photo ops and displays there.

..but where would they put the Darth Vader Chase Visa meet and greet (which I HIGHLY recommend if you have that card- they use the voice of James Earl Jones saying "I sense a disturbance in the force" and you wait for Vader and he comes around the corner in a cloud of smoke). My 7 year old was genuinely frightened!

..but where would they put the Darth Vader Chase Visa meet and greet (which I HIGHLY recommend if you have that card- they use the voice of James Earl Jones saying "I sense a disturbance in the force" and you wait for Vader and he comes around the corner in a cloud of smoke). My 7 year old was genuinely frightened!
I thought it would come along as well................we have chase visa and love that M&G too.

This is the most intense M&G I've ever had in a theme park! He's the best!

I was just thinking about this but if the Little Mermaid show refresh turns out to be a success, I hope they do Beauty and the Beast next. That show is very old and outdated feeling. I mean, it originally premiered as a way to promote the original movie being in theaters. That's how old it is lol

I was just thinking about this but if the Little Mermaid show refresh turns out to be a success, I hope they do Beauty and the Beast next. That show is very old and outdated feeling. I mean, it originally premiered as a way to promote the original movie being in theaters. That's how old it is lol

Yeah, it could use a plus-up too. It's still pretty good though. I loved VOTLM as it was, dated and all. I hope they keep some of the elements that worked, like the blacklight puppets.

Just a hunch, but I would bet the water and mist effects will be removed as it has been reported that mold has completely ruined that theater.
And this is why I would’ve said it’d have been nice to bring something new to the area… 3-4 years of closure with mold remediation to bring a revamp of the same thing is just kind of, fine?

Also if they update it in any way like the version that’s on the Wish, it’ll be a one and done for me.

And this is why I would’ve said it’d have been nice to bring something new to the area… 3-4 years of closure with mold remediation to bring a revamp of the same thing is just kind of, fine?

Also if they update it in any way like the version that’s on the Wish, it’ll be a one and done for me.
I have an idea.......

bluey.gif

*Yes, I know that Disney doesn't own the theme park rights or merchandising rights but it would be a slam dunk for them regardless.

Frustrating to me that they are bringing back a similar show. The international parks have better shows and change them more often, even DLR, changes what's in Hyperion regularly, yet WDW is stuck with mostly the same shows for over 10 years.

If it's open for my next trip I'll use it for a nap like I've done before but I can't help but think of how good Big Band Beat was at TDL, the only show I got to see because it was the only lottery I won over the 4 days.

Duke Weaselton Animatronic Showcased in Shanghai

IMG_3350.jpeg

Video Link Showing Animatronic

At a media sharing session after the opening ceremony, Duke Weaselton, the smart-mouthed weasel, made a surprise appearance when Josh D’Amaro, Chairman of Disney Experiences shared the vision and mission of the company with media guests from across China and around the world. Duke represents the cutting-edge technology adopted by Walt Disney Imagineering to bring familiar Disney stories and characters to life.

Frustrating to me that they are bringing back a similar show. The international parks have better shows and change them more often, even DLR, changes what's in Hyperion regularly, yet WDW is stuck with mostly the same shows for over 10 years.

If it's open for my next trip I'll use it for a nap like I've done before but I can't help but think of how good Big Band Beat was at TDL, the only show I got to see because it was the only lottery I won over the 4 days.

When it comes to live entertainment, I don’t think WDW has a space that isn’t the American Garden Theatre that isn’t considered “dedicated” to a show. Festival of the Lion King being in Harambe and B&TB’s space being the two I can think of. The Hyperion and the Fantasyland Theater both sort of ~exist~ in a way that none of the other live venues I can think of stateside do. Even then they had Aladdin run for 13 years and Mickey and the Magical Lamp for 7.

I wonder why this is, but I just don’t see current WDW swapping out shows for a long time. People also hate change and there always seems to be this giant group of people who hate every new thing they do… so how does one win?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter