Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

IMO it's pointless to keep complaining about how fast new attractions appear at WDW. They'll build them when they want and as fast as they want, so why bother. In the meantime, if you need a new attraction to draw you back to the parks, I suggest going to do something else for a while. Lots of other Disney and non-Disney destinations. For those of us that go to WDW frequently, skipping a year can be a good thing anyway... gives you time to "miss it." 😉

It has the greatest name in restaurant history though! I am actually not in favor of this retheme. Sure, Dino-Land needs some help, but I'd rather it actually stay themed to dinosaurs.
I feel the same way. Indian Jones feels like a lazy fit for Animal Kingdom. I get that we already have that ride on the west coast so it will be an easy change, but I’d rather them focus on well…animals. Prehistoric, present, or fantasy.

Wow!

We are debating a thanksgiving trip next year but going this past weekend and seeing how the crowds grew each day, and now this, I’m just not sure it makes sense for us….
When we go for Thanksgiving, we go for 1.5 weeks, starting on Thanksgiving day. We focus on a resort restaurant for actual Thanksgiving and activities outside the park and then focus on parks the following week.

This is not a useful comparison. The Transcontinental Railroad was built under appalling labor practices and with near-slave labor.
Of course it is a useful comparison. Both are merely railroads. And here's another comparison. Walt Disney and Joe Fowler built an ENTIRE park from start to finish in one (1) year.
Tron Lightcycle Run's construction wasn't, and was also purposely spread out because that worked for Disney financially.
Well, yes, I guess so. I mean the money to keep Hollywood propped up had to come from somewhere. What better source than to starve the parks of maintenance/operating/construction cast members, while wringing every possible dime from guests via Genie/Lightning Lane and endless price hikes?

IMO it's pointless to keep complaining about how fast new attractions appear at WDW. They'll build them when they want and as fast as they want, so why bother. In the meantime, if you need a new attraction to draw you back to the parks, I suggest going to do something else for a while. Lots of other Disney and non-Disney destinations. For those of us that go to WDW frequently, skipping a year can be a good thing anyway... gives you time to "miss it." 😉
IMO, it isn't a successful long-term business strategy for a company to tell customers that "here's the product/service we offer to sell you, only when WE want to sell it to you. If you're not happy with our product or our timing, go to some other provider."

If enough customers take that action, pretty soon you don't have a business anymore.

For me I think this month has been the most theater going I’ve done in such a short window of time since pre 2020
11th marvels
16th trolls 3
18th ballad of songbirds and snakes
25th have tickets for wish
I take it back, my kids voted for Wish! So I’ll be seeing that Friday, and trolls at a later date, color me shocked!

Last edited:
Of course it is a useful comparison. Both are merely railroads. And here's another comparison. Walt Disney and Joe Fowler built an ENTIRE park from start to finish in one (1) year.

Well, yes, I guess so. I mean the money to keep Hollywood propped up had to come from somewhere. What better source than to starve the parks of maintenance/operating/construction cast members, while wringing every possible dime from guests via Genie/Lightning Lane and endless price hikes?
I would hope nobody would want a ride to be built in the same conditions as that railroad. But even ignoring that, suggesting that Disney can't build an attraction faster than this or that historical event doesn't help because it's not like they can't build faster--DVC resorts show they can. They just don't want to; that key point is lost in the comparison.
IMO, it isn't a successful long-term business strategy for a company to tell customers that "here's the product/service we offer to sell you, only when WE want to sell it to you. If you're not happy with our product or our timing, go to some other provider."

If enough customers take that action, pretty soon you don't have a business anymore.
Maybe. I'm a historian, not a business analyst. I just don't obsess over it since I have no say in the decision-making in this situation. We'll take trips to Disney parks when we feel like regardless. 🙂

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but I saw that an Imagineer basically admitted that the screen faces on Epcot's version of Frozen Ever After were a mistake (aesthetically and financially). I mean, he's right but I wasn't expecting Disney to say that publicly.

Great, now shut it down for a few months and fix it. Thanks! 🙂

Dulk states that the Frozen Ever After Imagineers didn't expect that the cost of upkeep for the screen faces to be as expensive as it is so I wonder what would be cheaper in the long run: continue to have the worst version of these animatronics in the world or create new figures with the non screen faces?

I would be ALL for this! Maybe FEA will get an extended refurbishment and we can see those new animatronics installed? Disney does like to save money!

The seams on the face/chin look terrible, especially on the final summer scene when you're waiting to unload. Not to mention we would never have to see this display out of a horror movie again!

1700556771644.png

Whilst true, knowing that recent attractions take between 3 and 5 years to be built after their announcement recently and we have nothing officially announced for Disney post 2024, it seems that after Tiana's Bayou Adventure, there won't be a new attraction at WDW until 2027 at the earliest.

The only new attractions to open post 2024 worldwide is:
Frozen Ever After at Walt Disney Studios Park - 2025
Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland - 2027
Avengers Multiverse Attraction at DCA - No Date
Test track Refresh - No Date
Zootopia Show at Animal Kingdom - No Date

Whilst true, knowing that recent attractions take between 3 and 5 years to be built after their announcement recently and we have nothing officially announced for Disney post 2024, it seems that after Tiana's Bayou Adventure, there won't be a new attraction at WDW until 2027 at the earliest.

The only new attractions to open post 2024 worldwide is:
Frozen Ever After at Walt Disney Studios Park - 2025
Space Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland - 2027
Avengers Multiverse Attraction at DCA - No Date
Test track Refresh - No Date
Zootopia Show at Animal Kingdom - No Date
Well as it currently stands until litigation is resolved the most they can do in WDW is modify existing infrastructure. So things like Test Track can happen but any expansion work is on the back burner.

Wow!

We are debating a thanksgiving trip next year but going this past weekend and seeing how the crowds grew each day, and now this, I’m just not sure it makes sense for us….
It shows why they blocked all the APs with the exception of Incredipass. Image how much more crowded it would have been. We have Sorcerers passes and are blocked out so we will be enjoying a relaxing resort only vacation this Thanksgiving weekend at AK Kidani. If we weren’t blocked we would have popped into the parks a bit.

Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT November 27-December 2

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area next week should keep in mind that pyrotechnics and other special effects will be tested nightly at EPCOT from November 27 through December 2, with the exception of Friday, December 1. These tests are scheduled to begin around 10:30 p.m. (later on Thursday due to Extended Evening Hours) and end by 1 a.m.

The expected noise level of this fireworks display is expected to be significant. Affected resorts include:
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort

While not confirmed by the Walt Disney World Resort, it is clear that these tests are related to the park's new fireworks show (Luminous: The Symphony of Us) that's scheduled to debut on December 5, 2023.

I would be ALL for this! Maybe FEA will get an extended refurbishment and we can see those new animatronics installed? Disney does like to save money!

The seams on the face/chin look terrible, especially on the final summer scene when you're waiting to unload. Not to mention we would never have to see this display out of a horror movie again!

View attachment 812322
The cynical side of my brain is wondering if Disney is reluctant to take the ride down for an extended refurb to swap out the animatronics due to less people buying Genie+ during that potential refurb. Frozen Ever After is usually the second ride of the day to "sell out".

Totally agree that the summer scene at the end of the ride has awful looking faces. It baffles me every time that those were approved to be built.

The cynical side of my brain is wondering if Disney is reluctant to take the ride down for an extended refurb to swap out the animatronics due to less people buying Genie+ during that potential refurb. Frozen Ever After is usually the second ride of the day to "sell out".

Totally agree that the summer scene at the end of the ride has awful looking faces. It baffles me every time that those were approved to be built.
Of the same mindset for anything with Rise of the Resistance. That ILL$ flow is hard to shut off. That’s where putting them all together, and sorry to say, charging more for G+ “might” get Disney to shut things down for refurb…

First look at Summer House on the Lake with new details of the Cookie Bar, Rosé Cart, and Weekend Brunch

Construction walls are down at Summer House on the Lake, the latest table service restaurant opening at Walt Disney World in December 2023.

Cookie Bar​

At the entrance of the restaurant, guests will find the Cookie Bar, offering a variety of oversized cookies, bars, and sweet specials. Flavors include Sea Salt Chocolate Chip, Birthday Cake, Oatmeal Scotchie, Apple Oatmeal, Vegan Snickerdoodle, and rotating seasonal flavors.

The bar will offer a selection of coffee, wine, and beer on draft, as well as specialty cocktails such as the Tropical Dreams with vodka, Pamplemousse liqueur, and habanero honey, all available to enjoy at the restaurant or take to-go around Disney Springs. Guests can also purchase a bottle of the restaurant's own private-label wine, Summer House Rosé, to take home with them.

Rosé Cart​

The Rosé Cart will provide more than six rosé varieties by the glass or bottle, including the special Summer House Rosé. This wine is noted for its delicate, floral taste with hints of cherries and watermelon. The beverage menu also includes spritzes, summer cocktails (with non-alcoholic options), fresh juices, and a California-sourced wine list.

Cali-Mex Weekend Brunch​

Summer House on the Lake’s West Coast-inspired menu will feature favorites and signature items exclusive to Disney Springs. Brunch will be served Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 3 pm, including Mexican Hash Browns; Breakfast Pizza with applewood bacon, a sunny side up egg and parmesan cream; and Breakfast Tostadas. Fluffy pancakes and waffles, salads, and sandwiches will also be available, alongside a selection of other items from the lunch and dinner menus. Guests can also expect seasonal salads, artisan pizzas, and entrees like Herbed Chicken Paillard and local Grouper Fish ‘n’ Chips with malt vinegar fries and tartar sauce. An extensive kids' menu will be available all day.

I'm also bothered by large, blank areas you pass through. I don't understand some of the choices made for this ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter