Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Duffy Santa had me checking to see if there were any dates I could fly down for 2 nights and go to Jollywood nights. Unfortunately , the only date that worked is sold out:( I hope he is popular so he sticks around in the future. He is so adorable and DD6 loves him. I guess we’ll have to settle for Aulani Duffy in whatever he is wearing next week.

Anyone know if the gingerbread houses in CR & GF will still be up the weekend of 1/6? I assume the Christmas trees in the parks will still be there?
Generally speaking, gingerbread houses come down first, then hotel decorations, and then park decorations.

We were at WDW the first week of January this year, and the GF gingerbread house was selling everything BOGO on January 1st, in anticipation of dismantling the house over the next couple of days.

Some park decorations will usually remain for marathon weekend, which is January 3-7, 2024, so you might have a chance to see something!

I’m really excited for Wish, but I just got tickets for this weekend to a movie for me and my kids and we went with Trolls. We will still see wish, but the known entity of Trolls is easier for me, the chance of my 5 year old being engaged is higher. I think trolls only opening a week before Wish makes it a bit difficult for Wish.

We will most likely see Wish in a week or 2

I’m really excited for Wish, but I just got tickets for this weekend to a movie for me and my kids and we went with Trolls. We will still see wish, but the known entity of Trolls is easier for me, the chance of my 5 year old being engaged is higher. I think trolls only opening a week before Wish makes it a bit difficult for Wish.

We will most likely see Wish in a week or 2
For me I think this month has been the most theater going I’ve done in such a short window of time since pre 2020
11th marvels
16th trolls 3
18th ballad of songbirds and snakes
25th have tickets for wish

I don't know if anyone posted this yet but I saw that an Imagineer basically admitted that the screen faces on Epcot's version of Frozen Ever After were a mistake (aesthetically and financially). I mean, he's right but I wasn't expecting Disney to say that publicly.

Great, now shut it down for a few months and fix it. Thanks! 🙂

Great, now shut it down for a few months and fix it. Thanks! 🙂
Dulk states that the Frozen Ever After Imagineers didn't expect that the cost of upkeep for the screen faces to be as expensive as it is so I wonder what would be cheaper in the long run: continue to have the worst version of these animatronics in the world or create new figures with the non screen faces?

I really don’t understand what he’s doing here. I expect this to eventually move forward but I’d rather him announce it when it’s confirmed and they’re ready to go to work than this wishywashy stuff.
Agreed. There's been a whole lot of talk over the past several years about what they're "gonna do," and not much real work. As I've said before, the Transcontinental Railroad that was built after the Civil War was completed almost as quickly as it took to finish Tron Lightcycle Run.

Disney Genie+ Sells Out at Highest-Ever Price for Magic Kingdom as Thanksgiving Week Begins

Earlier this afternoon, Disney Genie+ sold out for Magic Kingdom, which disabled the “multiple parks” option as well. Here’s a look at the latest pricing and availability:

Disney Genie+ Pricing

• Park Hopper: $35 (sold out)
  • Magic Kingdom: $35 (sold out)
  • EPCOT: $28
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: $32
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom: $25
Wow!

We are debating a thanksgiving trip next year but going this past weekend and seeing how the crowds grew each day, and now this, I’m just not sure it makes sense for us….

Agreed. There's been a whole lot of talk over the past several years about what they're "gonna do," and not much real work. As I've said before, the Transcontinental Railroad that was built after the Civil War was completed almost as quickly as it took to finish Tron Lightcycle Run.
This is not a useful comparison. The Transcontinental Railroad was built under appalling labor practices and with near-slave labor. Tron Lightcycle Run's construction wasn't, and was also purposely spread out because that worked for Disney financially.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter