Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Gideon’s Bakehouse March Offerings

For March, Gideon’s Bakehouse is bringing back to Signore Pipistrello, an aristocratic bat who is excited to celebrate his misunderstood species. The cookie of the month is a Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl.

You can also get the NEW Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Cake! This cake is covered in a layer of peanut butter buttercream AND chocolate buttercream. It’ll be available every Wednesday and Saturday at Disney Springs.

I couldn’t justify $1000 for hotel and flight to preview Tron but I think I could justify it for that peanut butter chocolate swirl cake! 😆

I couldn’t justify $1000 for hotel and flight to preview Tron but I think I could justify it for that peanut butter chocolate swirl cake! 😆

I almost got a hernia dragging somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 pounds of cookies home in my carry on last month!

Their February cookie (which I was delighted to find I could get without the Cayenne spice!) was to die for. March's looks SO good as well, sadly I can't justify a trip just for cookies, LOL!

Hollywood Studios After Hours Availability Update

Wednesday, March 8, 2023 - Sold Out
Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - $145
Sunday, April 2, 2023 - Sold Out
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 - Sold Out
Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - $145
Wednesday, May 3, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - $149

I've never been to WDW during after hours windows, is this something the periodically add throughout the year? So, when this window ends, is there a chance more will pop-up in the fall? My husband is a night owl so I know he'd love doing one or two on our next trip, but I'm not sure if they would even happen in September.

Hollywood Studios After Hours Availability Update

Wednesday, March 8, 2023 - Sold Out
Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 - $145
Sunday, April 2, 2023 - Sold Out
Wednesday, April 5, 2023 - Sold Out
Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - $145
Wednesday, May 3, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, May 17, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 14, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 21, 2023 - $149
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 - $149
Funny how we scoff at $20 Genie+ pricing, but eat up $150 after hours events! 😂

I've never been to WDW during after hours windows, is this something the periodically add throughout the year? So, when this window ends, is there a chance more will pop-up in the fall? My husband is a night owl so I know he'd love doing one or two on our next trip, but I'm not sure if they would even happen in September.
September will have Halloween parties in MK, but could see After Hours events in other parks, like DHS, and maybe Epcot

After Hours used to run through the end of September at MK, not sure about the other parks since we only did MK AH in September. We used to always do both an After Hours party and a MNSSHP on our trip, we loved having the ability to do both. Hope they do the same this year, would love to squeeze them in for out September trip again!

September will have Halloween parties in MK, but could see After Hours events in other parks, like DHS, and maybe Epcot

After Hours used to run through the end of September at MK, not sure about the other parks since we only did MK AH in September. We used to always do both an After Hours party and a MNSSHP on our trip, we loved having the ability to do both. Hope they do the same this year, would love to squeeze them in for out September trip again!
Thank you both so much! I wasn't sure that they would do after hours during that time because of MNSSHP, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. It would be awesome to go to an after hours event at HS! 🤞

Opening Date of The Villas at Disneyland Hotel Announced
Are you ready to create some family memories at a Disney Vacation Club property surrounded by some of your favorite Walt Disney Animation Studios stories? The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will open to guests on September 28, 2023!

Artist Concept for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel

The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will celebrate the magic of creativity and storytelling through a blend of contemporary designs and carefully curated pieces inspired by the stories, characters and worlds of Disney Animation.

This will be the fourth tower at the AAA Four Diamond, landmark Disneyland Hotel, located just steps from the Downtown Disney District, Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park.

The lobby will feature a one-of-a-kind mural created exclusively for The Villas at Disneyland Hotel by Disney Animation artist Lorelay Bové, known for her work on classics from “The Princess and the Frog” to “Encanto.”

The Villas at Disneyland Hotel will have 344 whimsically themed rooms, including duo studios, deluxe studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, and grand villas. Each includes modern just-like-home amenities with touches of Disney magic sprinkled throughout, themed to Walt Disney Animation Studios films like “The Jungle Book,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “The Princess and the Frog,” “Fantasia” and more.

Guests can even soak up some inspiration during their vacation at a vibrantly colored, mid-century modern hangout for the entire family.

You must be excited to book your magical adventure. So here are some dates to keep in mind:

• Wednesday, March 15 – Disney Vacation Club Members can begin to make rental reservations by calling Member Services at (800) 800-9800
  • Thursday, March 16 – Disneyland Resort Magic Key holders can start booking rental reservations by contacting (714) 956-6425
  • Friday, March 17 – All guests can make rental reservations online at Disneyland.com/VillasDisneylandHotel or by contacting (714) 956-6425.
The Villas are limited in availability and are subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog as we continue to share more about the newest Disney Vacation Club property, The Villas at Disneyland Hotel!

And Disney Vacation Club Members – make sure to stay tuned to the blog as well as your Member Insider emails. We have LOTS of news coming your way and you won’t want to miss all the magic!

TRON Lightcycle / Run Introduces Team Green Post-Show Space

Attention TRON Lightcycle / Run Users:

The digital realm is full of fierce competition. As Users prepare to race Lightcycles on the Grid on TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise, opening April 4 at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World, they pass through the Hall of Opponents showcasing the previous victorious race competitors: Team Yellow and Team Red – and of course, the menacing Team Orange. Users then sync to their Lightcycles, joining Team Blue to compete against Team Orange, in a thrilling race across the Grid to capture all eight energy gates.

283hebvet756746gdt7623r1.jpg

After competing in an epic race and returning to Tomorrowland, Team Blue Users are introduced to a bold new race team being welcomed in the post-show space presented by Enterprise: Team Green.

283hebvet756746gdt7623r2.jpg

Accompanying Team Green is the centerpiece of the space: their one-of-a-kind, powerful and state-of-the-art Lightcycle – the latest and most-advanced iteration to join the competition. This formidable vehicle has been exported from the Grid into the real world. As it awaits its turn to race, its engine revs with pulsating green lights – creating an incredible photo opportunity for Users.

TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise

Team Green and their impressive Lightcycle’s programming are showcased throughout the space in dynamic displays that relay the incredible culture, capabilities and values of Enterprise – which make them uniquely qualified to join the competition. A single line of green light connects the displays as if to power up the Team Green stories in unison. Looking ahead, more stories about the twelve Team Green members will rotate through the display, providing returning Users an opportunity to enjoy even more Team Green stories on future visits to TRON Lightcycle / Run.

Welcome to Grid, Team Green.

END OF LINE.

Disneyland Eggstravaganza Returns March 13th
This eggcellent event is set to return to DisneylandNEXT WEEK! The event begins on March 13th and runs through April 9th, 2023.
Disneyland’s Eggstravaganza is a fan-favorite event where guests search the entirety of the park for themed character eggs! This hunt is similar to the scavenger hunts at Disney World’s EPCOT. Guests at Disneyland will be able to pick up a game board and stickers for $9.99 plus tax (at select merchandise locations) and begin their hunt!

The eggs are hidden throughout the park and themed to Disney characters! Once found, guests can place the corresponding stickers on their game board.

When guests are done, they can take their game board to a redemption location and choose one of 6 collectible eggs as a prize (you can get your prize even if you aren’t able to complete the hunt)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter