Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

RUMOR: Mirabel Meet & Greet Coming to Disney World

Disney World is looking to bring a Mirabel meet and greet to Magic Kingdom. As Disney continues to look toward the future of its theme parks, it will continue to infuse new IP to keep guest experiences relevant. One such plan is to bring Mirabel from Encanto to Magic Kingdom. The plan as it exists currently is to bring Mirabel to the Merida meet and greet across from Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe. Disney has been trying to get Mirabel into a meet and greet space for some time, even planning on other locations such as the gazebo in Liberty Square. That plan was reportedly scrapped.

Mirabel has been spotted around Walt Disney World recently, but those meet and greets may be unrelated to the Magic Kingdom meet and greet area, which sources say will require some significant modifications to accommodate expected long queues. Work would take place this summer to transform the space for a Mirabel meet and greet debut later this year.
I don't mind adding Mirabel but I will hate losing Merida!

I hope that's not what this is implying!
Don't mind if they share the space alternating.
that area is heavily themed to Brave at the moment, but I don't think the Bears appear anymore so they could probably convert that half to Mirabel???

Maybe Merida can replace Elena!
ideally I’d love this as the general public probably knows Pixar princess Merida more than Disney TV Animation princess Elena from a series that ended three years ago

I’d also accept Raya or Moana to replace Elena

Even though Elena is a fun meet
In that case have Mirabel replace Elena and leave Merida. :-)
But it’s called Princess Fairytale Hall …

ideally I’d love this as the general public probably knows Pixar princess Merida more than Disney TV Animation princess Elena from a series that ended three years ago

I’d also accept Raya or Moana to replace Elena

Even though Elena is a fun meet

But it’s called Princess Fairytale Hall …

Yeah, only princesses are allowed in The Hall, but Merida qualifies. They can rotate her in there and have Mirabel outside.

Wherever they end up putting Mirabel, if it’s anything like the photo op at the Wine & Dine 5K start/finish area, it’s going to be a line to rival Rise of the Resistance. She talked and talked and talked to everyone! It took me longer to get the picture than it had to run the race!

FYI, per the Disney definition, a heroic act can qualify a character as a princess even if they are not technically royalty. Mulan for example is considered a Disney Princess (Thanks Molly ;))

NEW: Starting on March 20, Walt Disney World guests purchasing Disney Genie+ will also receive digital downloads of their Disney PhotoPass attraction photos, taken in the park on the day of their purchase, at no additional charge.

Scott Gustin
So if I bought a Photopass with my reservations and then buy Genie+ when I get to the park, Disney gets to double dip into my wallet?

FYI, per the Disney definition, a heroic act can qualify a character as a princess even if they are not technically royalty. Mulan for example is considered a Disney Princess (Thanks Molly ;))
Yes but Mirabel hasn’t been added as an official princess. They have an official list for merchandising purposes that they have changed over the years. For example, Jane and Esmeralda used to be on there but they’ve since been removed. Technically even Anna and Elsa are not part of the official Disney princess group. But then neither is Elena of Avalor and she gets to meet in Princess Hall so not sure the rules there are that strict.

So if I bought a Photopass with my reservations and then buy Genie+ when I get to the park, Disney gets to double dip into my wallet?

Keep in mind that Genie+ only includes on-ride photos and not other PhotoPass location photos (Magic Shots, etc.). It is definitely a value-add for G+ though. If you were mainly interested in on-ride photos, I recommend that you talk to guest services about it. I would bet they can help considering the policy change.

Yes but Mirabel hasn’t been added as an official princess. They have an official list for merchandising purposes that they have changed over the years. For example, Jane and Esmeralda used to be on there but they’ve since been removed. Technically even Anna and Elsa are not part of the official Disney princess group. But then neither is Elena of Avalor and she gets to meet in Princess Hall so not sure the rules there are that strict.

Elena was at one time considered in the official group, but I don't think she is anymore.

Who they really need to add is Kida! 🙂

Elena was at one time considered in the official group, but I don't think she is anymore.

Who they really need to add is Kida! 🙂
They should! But I have a feeling they would use the same reasoning as Esmeralda to count her out. Even though she’s definitely from one of the underrated Disney movie favorites among fans. Just not mainstream enough. Though they let Raya in and she’s certainly not as popular as Kida even, so who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter