Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon will reopen this spring and will see the return of Disney H2O Glow After Hours

Disney H2O Glow After Hours 2023

Dates

• May 20 and 27
  • June 3, 10, 17 and 24
  • July 1, 3, 8, 15, 22, 29 and 31
  • August 5, 12, 19 and 26
  • September 2

Prices​

Explore ticket prices:

• Adult (ages 10 and up): $75 plus tax
  • Child (ages 3 to 9): $70 plus tax

Discounts​

Passholders and eligible Disney Vacation Club Members can purchase specially priced tickets:

• Passholder or Member – Adult (ages 10 and up): $59 plus tax
  • Passholder or Member – Child (ages 3 to 9): $54 plus tax

NEW Dates Added for After Hours Events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

After Hours events are a separately ticketed event — tickets for these additional dates will go on sale on March 3rd, 2023. Here are the additional dates and prices that will be available:

• Wednesday, May 3rd — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, May 17th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, May 24th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, May 31st — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, June 7th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, June 14th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, June 21st — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday June 28th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids

I wish they’d extend magic kingdom too - this feels pretty clear that they won’t (at least for the summer)

NEW: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland will use a regular standby queue starting tomorrow (Feb. 22). A virtual queue will not be used.

Individual Lightning Lane will continue to be offered.

A quick note: Disneyland may resume using the virtual queue in the future if needed (based on crowds, demand, etc.). Disneyland used similar language when virtual queue was paused/ended for WEB SLINGERS.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Generic Marketplace Co-Op Shop Replaces National Geographic Store in Disney Springs

Following the closure of the National Geographic store in the Disney Springs Marketplace Co-Op, Disney has opened a new offering in that space. At first, we were told that there might be a chance that The Dress Shop takes over the space, but it looks like Disney decided to go with a more generic offering.

marketplace-co-op-generic-shop-disney-springs-1.jpg
Not at all surprised that the National Geo store is gone. All they seemed to have was heavy duty clothing. Sure, suitable for those visiting from northern climates. But how many of them need new winter clothing when they visit? And those of us nearby certainly don't need it.

NEW: Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland will use a regular standby queue starting tomorrow (Feb. 22). A virtual queue will not be used.

A quick note: Disneyland may resume using the virtual queue in the future if needed (based on crowds, demand, etc.). Disneyland used similar language when virtual queue was paused/ended for WEB SLINGERS.

Scott Gustin Twitter
Good, this means I can go over there just to look. I was there on 2/11 and they wouldn't let anyone into Toontown if they didn't have VQ for the ride.

Scott Gustin Twitter
Is this the fastest a VQ has gone bye-bye so far? 🤔

I wish they’d extend magic kingdom too - this feels pretty clear that they won’t (at least for the summer)
On the other hand, it doesn't put pressure on the closing time of MK. From what I remember, MK always closes no later than 10P on After Hours nights, even though nights around it might be 11PM. This is happening during Orange County spring break, for example.

NEW Dates Added for After Hours Events at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

After Hours events are a separately ticketed event — tickets for these additional dates will go on sale on March 3rd, 2023. Here are the additional dates and prices that will be available:

• Wednesday, May 3rd — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, May 17th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, May 24th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, May 31st — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, June 7th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, June 14th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday, June 21st — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
  • Wednesday June 28th — $149 for adults, $119 for kids
I just saw that Disney resort hotel guests can get tix beginning on Feb 28th. Also saw that EPCOT will also have an After Hours event.

I just saw that Disney resort hotel guests can get tix beginning on Feb 28th. Also saw that EPCOT will also have an After Hours event.
Info on the EPCOT event is posted on the previous page in this thread. The February 28th date based upon what was presented seemed to only apply to EPCOT and Typhoon Lagoon. No additional indication for DHS After Hours other than being available March 3.

They didn’t tend to do these during summer before anyway. I think they try to do it when the parks may not stay open as long. However, they haven’t been staying open as long at anytime since Covid.

They didn’t tend to do these during summer before anyway. I think they try to do it when the parks may not stay open as long. However, they haven’t been staying open as long at anytime since Covid.

I did villians ah in Aug 2019 so it has happened in summer before. It was before mnsshp had started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter