Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Grand Floridian DVC Villas ON SALE NOW - $207 Per Point

In addition to what's already been reported, the first 500 Members who buy an add-on contract with get some free bags. They're listed as a $350 value.

luggage.jpg

Just to clarify:

The travel set is limited to the first 500 members who buy 125 points or more add-on points at VGF.

From an e-mail from my DVC Guide

**OFFER DETAILS
Estimated retail value of travel set is $350. Limit one (1) per contract. Offer begins March 3, 2022, and is available on first 500 contracts. To be eligible, Members must purchase an ownership interest with at least 125 Vacation Points in The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Must be a current Disney Vacation Club Member and a legal resident of the United States or Canada to be eligible for this offer. Travel set will be shipped within 45 days of purchase and may take up to 30 days from date of shipping to arrive. Offer may be extended, modified, or withdrawn at any time without notice. Void where prohibited. Additional restrictions and terms may apply.

Um, does this count as a hidden Mickey in my wine glass or is that a stretch?

View attachment 651823
I see it!! 😝 Happy to see I’m not the only one who puts ice in my glass of wine! 🥰

View attachment 651826
Always with white if it's not completely chilled!

My dad always used to put an ice cube and a slice of orange in cheap red! 😂

You guys need to upgrade, frozen fruit is where it's at :rotfl2:. I prefer a frozen strawberry.

This group is pretty knowledgeable about all things about Disney so maybe you all will know! Has there been a height requirement for Guardians of the Galaxy rumored at all? Trying to see if I need to get our kids hyped for it or not!

This group is pretty knowledgeable about all things about Disney so maybe you all will know! Has there been a height requirement for Guardians of the Galaxy rumored at all? Trying to see if I need to get our kids hyped for it or not!
It's gonna be one of the most advanced coaster system in the worlds. It's definitely going to have some kind of height requirement, just not sure what it is yet.

I'm expecting it to be between Space Mountain and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. It all depends on the spinning element of the ride, as spinning seems to get a higher height requirement :)

Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Friday!! 🥳

In honor of the Flower and Garden Festival, I thought I’d give you guys a few tips to make sure you make the most out of your time there! Lots to cover, so let’s get right to it!!

There are flowers everywhere in EPCOT, thanks to this beautiful festival, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind…

Picking flowers is highly frowned upon. Picking flowers is also considered dangerous and could result in bodily harm. Pick at your own risk.

DE7FFE4A-C6D2-4FB1-B289-432F3243AB6F.gif

Please also refrain from eating the flowers. They might look good, but I’m pretty sure they don’t taste good. There’s a reason there’s over-priced food booths scattered around everywhere.

CEC67C31-BCAA-4DC9-854F-71E8825A7483.gif

Stay away from larger flowers/plants. I heard a rumor about some guy getting too close to one last year…let’s just say no one has seen him since. I can’t confirm or deny that the plant had anything to do with it, but I have my suspicions.

8AC53538-90F0-454A-BC8C-01B318BB5EEF.gif

Just like with any trip to Disney, dressing up is optional. Just be prepared to sign autographs, if necessary.

BF676C48-BDC7-4898-AEB8-0D08E9EAB19D.gif

Like I mentioned earlier, there are food booths scattered throughout the parks! Definitely hard to pick a favorite, but in my experience, you get what you pay for.

35B59973-E723-4CAF-BAC6-FBEC6F3E9F7F.gif

The Flower & Garden Festival is not only a fun time, but also a very busy time to visit The World. Be careful when trying to eat as you walk. *Pro-Tip - look for a nearby table!

71E5D133-7ED4-4A36-8F75-50AE10D55BF8.gif

I should add a side tip to my Pro-Tip above… Tables are very hard to come by in Disney, but there are plenty of make-shift options to be found! Be creative and keep an open mind and you’ll be sure to find one!

2A870A2E-1CAD-4C7E-9FEA-75364C27C1E2.jpeg

And let’s not forget about the incredible music and live entertainment!!! Lots of great bands playing songs you all know and love!!!

D83E76D4-2E0A-4561-AB9C-432441CB0E6D.gif

Egg Hunts begin promptly at their scheduled start times, so make sure you get your kids there on time! Kid with the most eggs win, so speed is key! Don’t let anyone drag you down on this one!! The prizes are great!!*

2CC8F090-BE70-4F32-AE5C-E2067F30C716.gif

*Please note: Prizes not guaranteed and may only be available on the 3rd Tuesday of every month of the festival. Prizes are subject to delivery, availability and Figment.

Also, the prize was just released for this year’s egg hunt winners!! I’m sure this will be a very sought after prize, so make sure you schedule your egg hunt time early! Good Luck!!

C093AC93-5472-4337-A7E4-948D0264D858.jpeg

We got this guys!!! 😂 I hope you all enjoy the Festival!! 💃🏻

I'm expecting it to be between Space Mountain and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. It all depends on the spinning element of the ride, as spinning seems to get a higher height requirement :)

Disney has described it as 'family-friendly', so it may be closer to Big Thunder and Space Mountain than RnR ... but I agree that the height requirement is anyone's guess at this point due to the ride mechanism

Haven't been to Disney since Magic Shots were introduced. Are these available to anyone? Do you need the Memory Maker package to get this? We are planning a quick trip and was hoping to save by not getting Memory Maker this trip.

Yes, the Magic shots are available to everyone. There are a bunch of different ones throughout the parks. You do not need memory maker to have the photos taken but you would have to purchase them separately.

NEW: Disney+ will introduce an ad-supported subscription in late 2022.

Scott Gustin Twitter

View attachment 651930

While this sounds like a lower priced option ... I've got a feeling this means they will raise the current add free option by $1-2. Many of the streaming services are moving to the ad supported options which just ultimately translates to higher ad revenue for the company along with more profit due to raising prices as well. They'll couple the ad supported launch as an attractive 'lower-priced' option to the increased price of the add-free.

Maybe ... just maybe this will all be tied into Hulu getting rolled into D+ by the end of 2022

EDIT: To add that Disney's new R rated 'Predator' film (just seems strange typing that out) is supposed to premier on D+ globally later this year while on Hulu in the US ... maybe we'll see a D+ premier in the US as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter