Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Look: Scenes from ‘The Little Mermaid’ Stage Show Aboard Disney Wish

. In a new twist exclusive to our show, even though Ariel doesn’t have a voice at this point in the story, her inner voice will play an important and meaningful role in the song.
Not entirely true, they already did it in the Broadway version of the Little Mermaid.
There was a beautiful ballad quartet between Ariel, Eric, Triton and Sebastian where Ariel sings about what she wish she could tell Eric, If Only.

Also... basically every adaptation of the Little Mermaid tale has her inner voice speaking. It is not very new or original ;)

A Look at the Newest Entertainment at Magic Kingdom Park

Be sure to follow #DisneyWorld50 and keep reading Disney Parks Blog for all the news and updates throughout the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration, including the openings of “Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond!” and “Fantasmic!” later this year!

Noting that they aren't even at the point where they mention Hoop Dee Doo returning "later this year"....pretty much resigned ourselves that it's not happening for our May trip.

Not entirely true, they already did it in the Broadway version of the Little Mermaid.
There was a beautiful ballad quartet between Ariel, Eric, Triton and Sebastian where Ariel sings about what she wish she could tell Eric, If Only.

Also... basically every adaptation of the Little Mermaid tale has her inner voice speaking. It is not very new or original ;)

They’re saying it’s new to the “Kiss the Girl” sequence, not that it’s a new concept to the Broadway production.

They’re saying it’s new to the “Kiss the Girl” sequence, not that it’s a new concept to the Broadway production.
I read it as in a general way. And anything to introduce people to one of the best new songs the broadway show had is a good one.

Disney Removes Splash Mountain, Dumbo References from Festival of Fantasy Parade

In a move to further their diversity and inclusion initiative, Disney has removed “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” from the finale section of the Festival of Fantasy Parade. “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” is a song from Splash Mountain – an attraction that Disney has said no longer aligns with company ideals.

Disney also removed lyrics from Dumbo – an attraction that Disney has not yet announced changes for. Here’s the new snippet of the finale with “Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah” removed as well as a snippet that used lyrics from “When I See An Elephant Fly”.

i saw little mermaid on broadway a few weeks after it opened, it was amazing!!! If Only is my favorite song from it. the line ariel sing "if only you could see how i ache behind my smile" resonated with me so much as that was during a real rough patch in my life where i tried to act like i was ok but i really wasn't.

It’s not like performers are distancing themselves as much (see friendship faire, Star cruiser) so it may have to do with staffing especially with two parades a day (and doing the massive adventures & 50th cavalcades multiple times a day on top of it)

that said this is a count of performers cut via a Twitter thread I saw:
Swan court x6
Beast, charming, Naveen, anna
Tangled unit x2
Mermaid unit x2 (seahorse)
Lost boys x2
Brave unit entirely (rumor is just the dance unit of 8 was cut and the float was just mia cause they were lacking friends of Merida today)
Sleeping Beauty unit x3 also dragon only blew fire at start of parade but could of been weather related not pyro being skimped
Finale x11 (dancers, white rabbit, maybe other characters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter