Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Conservation Fund Gives Conservation Legacy Award to Joe Rohde

Retired Walt Disney World Imagineer Joe Rohde was announced this week as the recipient of one of the first ever Conservation Legacy Awards. This distinction was given by the Disney Conservation Fund. Rohde, a former Disney Imagineer who played an integral role in the creation of Disney’s Animal Kingdom was being recognized for going above and beyond to support wildlife and nature conservation in his work.

Maintenance Work to Impact Select Areas of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Starting March 7

Beginning Monday, March 7, a water pipe replacement to install permanent water lines will take place at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. As a result, alternate travel paths with designated signage will be available for Guests around the Hawaii building. This work is currently expected to be completed by mid-April 2022.

Beginning in mid-April, maintenance work will also take place on the beach. While Guests will be able to access the beach during that time, certain areas will be unavailable and will result in alternate travel paths. This project is expected to be complete by late May 2022.

Pretty sure I’m being proposed to on the poly beach during our stay starting 5/22…hope this doesn’t throw a wrench in his plans! Maybe that’s late enough in May to not be an issue.

Pre-COVID Housekeeping Schedule Restored at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts

Guests staying at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts should be aware that housekeeping is now once again cleaning guest rooms more frequently, as the original cleaning schedule (that is, the schedule that was followed before the pandemic began) was officially restored at these resorts on March 4, 2022.
As a reminder, the original cleaning schedule entails the following services daily (at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) OR every other day (at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts):
  1. Making the bed
  2. Full bathroom clean
  3. Wiping down all surfaces
  4. Replacing amenities as needed (such as coffee, shampoo, soap, etc.)
  5. Vacuum
  6. Dust
  7. Fold and organize loose clothing and other special touches
Please, note that the housekeeping schedule of DVC rooms has NOT changed, but the ability to purchase additional cleaning service has been reinstated at the resorts mentioned above.

On Sunday, March 6, the following resorts will also go back to the original cleaning schedule:
  • Disney's BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney's Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Are we to assume The Contemporary includes Bay Lake Tower here?

Bay Lake Tower is a DVC building. Cash guests would get full housekeeping and Guests using points would get housekeeping every four days, or at least that was how it worked before Covid.
Yes, I know how it works.

What I'm saying is that list ONLY specifies The Contemporary, but it includes a number of additional properties that have DVC rooms for cash and point booking. So are we to assume that BLT is included under "The Contemporary" or not, because it's the only one that is part DVC on the list that is not specifically mentioned. That's the question.

Didn't see this posted yet anywhere but there's more bands filled in for the Garden Rocks Concerts series (no more TBAs)! Garden Rocks Concert Series

I don't know why they put some of the most well known/popular bands during the busiest days of the week for F&G, I feel like it will make the park even more mobbed instead of spreading it out. I suppose you could argue for locals sake but then why take away APs and have blackouts?

I don't know why they put some of the most well known/popular bands during the busiest days of the week for F&G, I feel like it will make the park even more mobbed instead of spreading it out. I suppose you could argue for locals sake but then why take away APs and have blackouts?
Does seem odd...part of it is probably dependent on the bands' availability...our dates have the Spinners, M-80's, MercyMe and Finesse...I've heard of the Spinners at least...lol

Disney Sorcerer’s Arena Celebrates Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary

Take the magical experience of Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebrations on the go anywhere with the popular Disney and Pixar mobile game Disney Sorcerer’s Arena! Enter the competitive world of the Sorcerer where every choice you make determines your legacy. Collect a wide range of Disney and Pixar characters to help your teams win in the Arena!

If you didn’t know, Disney Sorcerer’s Arena year-round offers players special magic boosts inspired by Disney Parks attractions in the form of powerful spells like Splash Mountain Soak and Thunder Mountain Boom. Yet this month, Disney Sorcerer’s Arena takes it one step further with a brand new in-game Arena environment featuring Spaceship Earth! Similar to the one found at EPCOT, Spaceship Earth is illuminated with EAR-idescent lights.

119AFABC-33A4-4DCE-A23C-92DE7340C444.jpeg

6E41894D-343C-491F-A32B-DC9FBBCECF5C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter