• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Magic 12-9-2015

Ditto, me too. I don't think of myself as crafty (but friends and family might say otherwise) but I've really been enjoying thinking of things for the adults vs. different kids ages. I was telling DH last night this has been a really fun bit of Disney Planning Magic for me.

So whose kids know about the cruise and whose kids don't? My daughter doesn't know. She started counting down to her 10th birthday 125 days in advance so I wonder if I'm withholding some of the fun planning by not telling her. (with all her help on the FE gifts I'll never get away with not telling her again!) Yet picture it, she comes home from school on Monday the 7th and all of our things are packed and there's a sail away call from Disney, Surprise! Just one bit of magic after another as it snowballs. I was even reading about people who create little personalized notes e.g. "Mickey here, please accept this invitation to the Pirate party tomorrow, thought you might enjoy this pirate pin to commemorate the day."

After purchasing our plane tickets to visit my sister in Hawaii for spring break this past year I told my daughter she could pick the next spring break vacation. Said it could be anywhere she wanted within a certain price point and as long as it was somewhere warm (from Wisconsin here). Also, informed her that meant we had to stick to a budget and no more frivolous toys/junk for the rest of the year (we did okay).
She picked a Disney Cruise - I thought she'd go for Atlantis. Thanks Disney Channel and your advertising of cruises between shows.
After researching the itineraries and prices it came down to this one and a 5-night Carribean cruise - in December, not April (much cheaper). We ended up agreeing on this one - slightly more affordable and we have stops in Key West and Nassau.
So my daughter knows about it and we've been counting down since February. I'm glad she chose this as her vacation and cannot wait to hop on the plane to Miami in less than 8 weeks!

Bought my cruise photos today. If you buy them in advance it is supposed to be a bit cheaper. Counting down the days. . . .:clown:

Plan on ordering mine tomorrow.
I was just planning on doing the digital images and printing off the ones I really liked, but I have a feeling I'll like all of them... :D
Any idea if it is worth it to get the prints as well? Do you know what size the prints come in - 4x6?

For those participating in the Fish Extender - how many have kids or adults with birthday celebrations while on board?

Thanks!

So after a lot of thinking and then more thinking because I found out that my original idea wouldn't really work out I have come up with a final idea for our FE gifts and just ordered supplies for the main part. The rest will come as we get closer to vacation - I just started putting together a list of what else I need!
I would like to switch my vote and be included in both lists if it is still possible please.
I will get you put on both lists. Probably get to it sometime tonight.

Plan on ordering mine tomorrow.
I was just planning on doing the digital images and printing off the ones I really liked, but I have a feeling I'll like all of them... :D
Any idea if it is worth it to get the prints as well? Do you know what size the prints come in - 4x6?
Most of the prints are 8X10. There are some 5X7's. The prints have the borders with the restaurants, pirates of the caribbean night, Welcome aboard, and others. The digital CD has all the pics but they don't have the cute borders. I love to scrapbook, so I get both. I can use the ones with the great borders if I want a bigger picture and the cd gives me the flexibility to change up sizes (without borders) for other pages.

Hi! I haven't been on here in quite some time and I just caught up on the threads. I don't mind whether the cabins are split up or not. This is only my second exchange on a Disney cruise so I'm still an amateur. :) The first one I participated in had about 30 cabins and there was only one list. As far as I'm aware, the exchanges are subjective and can be organized according to each group's preference. I don't mind either way. I still haven't received my cabin number, but will update as soon as I do. I'm excited and can not wait to set sail!

QUOTE="Jacq0423, post: 54619910, member: 548748"]For those participating in the Fish Extender - how many have kids or adults with birthday celebrations while on board?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am celebrating my son's birthday which is at the end of December and my birthday which is the day we set sail!:bday::cake::tinker::donald::mickeyjum

For those participating in the Fish Extender - how many have kids or adults with birthday celebrations while on board?

Thanks!

We are celebrating my son's birthday which is at the end of December and my birthday which is the day we set sail!:bday::cake::tinker::donald::mickeyjum

OK here is the split lists again with Jacq0423 on both lists. The list is uneven by 1 cabin as of now but that can change if others want to be on both lists. Right now, I would say that the best bet is don't consider the split list to be final till November 1 when we close it to new members.

Attachments

• Split Fish Extender Lists.pdf
    254.7 KB · Views: 10
Wow a lot of dialogue since I last log in. I was able to gather materials to make fe gift for the whole group. Would it be possible to change my vote to be on both list? This would also even out the list...:)

Also we are celebrating my DH birthday.:bday:

Thanks irfyr for organizing the list!!:yay:

Wow a lot of dialogue since I last log in. I was able to gather materials to make fe gift for the whole group. Would it be possible to change my vote to be on both list? This would also even out the list...:)

Also we are celebrating my DH birthday.:bday:

Thanks irfyr for organizing the list!!:yay:
Have you on both lists! Thanks!:earboy2:

Here is the updated split list. We are even as far as number of people on each list. Let me know if anyone else wants to be on both lists!!

Attachments

257.4 KB · Views: 2
OK latest numbers. 83 people (50 adults and 33 kids) , 25 cabins, 4 cabins that I still need numbers for. AND only 46 days till we set sail.

Attachments

262.4 KB · Views: 4
Fish extender just came in the mail, it is super cute! Can't wait for my grandson to see it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter