Disney Magic 12-9-2015

So on the issue of split or don't split the list (Please let me know if I have this goofed so I can fix it!!) I want to make sure I have everyone's opinions taken into account so we make the best decision for the whole group. :rainbow: pirate::sail:

I have Jacq0423 and Maria Cabeza in favor of splitting
irfyr, TwilightThunder, Tresmama and LiamandFitzmom in favor of not splitting
Wendylady30 and Yaylem Mir who are Ok either way
And 16 cabins that we are waiting on opinions

Latest opinions
2 for splitting the list (Jacq0423 and Maria Cabeza)
3 for not splitting (irfyr, TwilightThunder and Tresmama)
4 who ar OK with either way (Wendylady30, Yaylem Mir, LiamandFitzmom and Amanda Rice)
15 cabins that we haven't heard from on this opinion.

I've been doing the gifts as the list has been going. I was planning on a gift for each person. (I blame pinterest) :tink:It's all just supposed to be fun anyway right? Hakuna Matata!!

I've been doing the gifts as the list has been going. I was planning on a gift for each person.

Ditto, me too. I don't think of myself as crafty (but friends and family might say otherwise) but I've really been enjoying thinking of things for the adults vs. different kids ages. I was telling DH last night this has been a really fun bit of Disney Planning Magic for me.

So whose kids know about the cruise and whose kids don't? My daughter doesn't know. She started counting down to her 10th birthday 125 days in advance so I wonder if I'm withholding some of the fun planning by not telling her. (with all her help on the FE gifts I'll never get away with not telling her again!) Yet picture it, she comes home from school on Monday the 7th and all of our things are packed and there's a sail away call from Disney, Surprise! Just one bit of magic after another as it snowballs. I was even reading about people who create little personalized notes e.g. "Mickey here, please accept this invitation to the Pirate party tomorrow, thought you might enjoy this pirate pin to commemorate the day."

Hi All!
I had always heard it was 1 gift per person so I thought splitting the list was more practical BUT.. Now that I see that some people do a gift per cabin I don't mind keeping it 1 list. Also, even before I was always ok either way, just chimed in with some thoughts because some people had chosen not to join the group in the very beginning, because of budgets. All and all, I'm loving this group, our group leader is so organized and I'm so thankful because lord knows that helps. We can't wait!

I'll be doing a gift per cabin on 1 day and a special gift just for the kids on another day. So we will be gifting twice in that way.
My daughter knows about the gifts but thinks it's the Disney characters leaving gifts, I'm still explaining its all our fellow guest friends! Lol

I am a bit hung up on the 2 and under crowd. What are appropriate choices for them. Sippy cups and baby wipes don't seem like much fun for a kid to get. I'd imagine it be like when my kids get socks and underwear for Christmas. :confused3

I am a bit hung up on the 2 and under crowd. What are appropriate choices for them. Sippy cups and baby wipes don't seem like much fun for a kid to get. I'd imagine it be like when my kids get socks and underwear for Christmas. :confused3
How about something for pirate night? I made pirate bandanas for my Husband and myself. Or tee shirts....surrender your booty!! LOL

Ditto, me too. I don't think of myself as crafty (but friends and family might say otherwise) but I've really been enjoying thinking of things for the adults vs. different kids ages. I was telling DH last night this has been a really fun bit of Disney Planning Magic for me.

So whose kids know about the cruise and whose kids don't? My daughter doesn't know. She started counting down to her 10th birthday 125 days in advance so I wonder if I'm withholding some of the fun planning by not telling her. (with all her help on the FE gifts I'll never get away with not telling her again!) Yet picture it, she comes home from school on Monday the 7th and all of our things are packed and there's a sail away call from Disney, Surprise! Just one bit of magic after another as it snowballs. I was even reading about people who create little personalized notes e.g. "Mickey here, please accept this invitation to the Pirate party tomorrow, thought you might enjoy this pirate pin to commemorate the day."

I admire the fact that you have managed to not slip up and clue your daughter in. Three years ago we "borrowed" my then aged 11 and 13 nieces and took them on a Disney cruise and then the parks afterward. We were in the parks on Christmas eve and Christmas day. I was going to hold off teling them for a long while, but I caved and told them in March.

Hi All!
I had always heard it was 1 gift per person so I thought splitting the list was more practical BUT.. Now that I see that some people do a gift per cabin I don't mind keeping it 1 list. Also, even before I was always ok either way, just chimed in with some thoughts because some people had chosen not to join the group in the very beginning, because of budgets. All and all, I'm loving this group, our group leader is so organized and I'm so thankful because lord knows that helps. We can't wait!

I'll be doing a gift per cabin on 1 day and a special gift just for the kids on another day. So we will be gifting twice in that way.
My daughter knows about the gifts but thinks it's the Disney characters leaving gifts, I'm still explaining its all our fellow guest friends! Lol

You could get her a Mickey Santa hat and a bag and she could play "secret santa"!

Wendylady - I started with having toy store websites sort what they have by age to get some ideas. Things that came to mind that we didn't go with beach toys (shovel, trowel, squirt-ers) bathtub toys, sassy toys (like teethers, keys), my first crayons, etc. I found I had good luck looking for items that come as a set but would be just as good split up. For instance look at baby links - they are great for clipping toys to a stroller (DD loved to chew on hers) and a set of 10-20 split 3-4 ways, not a bad deal. Oh and I didn't even think about it until just now but DD loved activity balls, they are about 2"-3" and have "stuff" going on inside. She had lots of those and they are just as much fun with one as they are with 5 or 10.

Latest opinions
2 for splitting the list (Jacq0423 and Maria Cabeza)
3 for not splitting (irfyr, TwilightThunder and Tresmama)
4 who ar OK with either way (Wendylady30, Yaylem Mir, LiamandFitzmom and Amanda Rice)
15 cabins that we haven't heard from on this opinion.

I'm Ok with either way if it's 1 gift per cabin. If not then I think splitting would be best to able to gift everyone. I thought it was 1 per person since each individual has a pocket on the extender.

So we have 1 for split the list, 3 for don't split the list and 7 who are fine either way. Since this is half the group weighing in with an opinion, I am guessing that the list will stay as is. If a decision is made to split later, I can still get it done. I still need 4 cabin numbers. Thanks everyone!!

I'm still so bummed about the alcohol policy changing!!! Was really looking forward to gifting (and possibly receiving) some little bottles of adultness!

Bought my cruise photos today. If you buy them in advance it is supposed to be a bit cheaper. Counting down the days. . . .:clown:

So on the issue of split or don't split the list (Please let me know if I have this goofed so I can fix it!!) I want to make sure I have everyone's opinions taken into account so we make the best decision for the whole group. :rainbow: pirate::sail:

I have Jacq0423 and Maria Cabeza in favor of splitting
irfyr, TwilightThunder, Tresmama and LiamandFitzmom in favor of not splitting
Wendylady30 and Yaylem Mir who are Ok either way
And 16 cabins that we are waiting on opinions
All three of my cabins are ok on splitting the list. I did have one question, what day is it that we pass out the gifts?

OK, I split the list. If you want to do a split list, exchange with the other people on your list. If you want to do the entire list, let me know ASAP and I will get your name on both lists since you will be delivering to both lists. The split list is tenative. It may change if others decide to do both lists. TwilightThunder and myself (irfyr) are on both lists since we both are definitely delivering to both lists. Let me know if I goofed any info when I redid this so I can get it fixed. The list will close to new members as of November 1. At that point, the only possible changes will be putting in cabin numbers for our 4 TBA's. Hope this makes things easier for all!!! :surfweb::earboy2::tinker::mickeyjum

Attachments

• Split Fish Extender Lists.pdf
    254.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Fish Extender List by Location.pdf
    243.3 KB · Views: 1
OK, I split the list. If you want to do a split list, exchange with the other people on your list. If you want to do the entire list, let me know ASAP and I will get your name on both lists since you will be delivering to both lists. The split list is tenative. It may change if others decide to do both lists. TwilightThunder and myself (irfyr) are on both lists since we both are definitely delivering to both lists. Let me know if I goofed any info when I redid this so I can get it fixed. The list will close to new members as of November 1. At that point, the only possible changes will be putting in cabin numbers for our 4 TBA's. Hope this makes things easier for all!!! :surfweb::earboy2::tinker::mickeyjum

So after a lot of thinking and then more thinking because I found out that my original idea wouldn't really work out I have come up with a final idea for our FE gifts and just ordered supplies for the main part. The rest will come as we get closer to vacation - I just started putting together a list of what else I need!
I would like to switch my vote and be included in both lists if it is still possible please.

I'm Ok with either way if it's 1 gift per cabin. If not then I think splitting would be best to able to gift everyone. I thought it was 1 per person since each individual has a pocket on the extender.

From my understanding you can do a cabin gift, or individual gifts - the choice is up to you.
I plan to do one main gift per cabin, but change up the components of gift based on the occupants of the cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter