Disney had A LOT of those bubble guns.

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Disney must have had a lot of those bubble guns cause I was just at my local Ollies Outlet (Cherry Hill, NJ) and they had plenty of the Disney Parks Buzz Lightyear bubble guns there. They even had Disney price of Orange on it still. They are also doing an extra 15% off the whole store until July 1st.

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

Last edited:
Hold on, brb, going to check my local Ollies.

How much are they if you don't mind me asking?

ETA nevermind, I saw the price sticker.

That's a great price for those! We were at Disney a few weeks ago and there were lots of kids using them

That's a great price for those! We were at Disney a few weeks ago and there were lots of kids using them

Really?!? I'm really surprised! When planning our Feb/March 2017 trip, I learned the toy guns, including bubble guns, were no longer allowed in WDW. I had some saved from our last trip but didn't bring them along, and we bought our youngest the Little Mermaid bubble wand instead on the trip. The wands were very popular but I didn't see any bubble guns.

I hope they shipped the lot of them out of the parks before my next trip - they get in your mouth, skin, and will for sure wrinkle your clothes. Annoying.

Ugh... So many.

I did have to giggle to myself one day though... I was going outside to meet a pizza delivery man at our hotel around 10:30pm one night. I heard those hushed tones of a parent trying to control their child without raising their voices. As I turned the corner, and into the main walkway of the hotel lobby this wild little girl(probably 3 years old, crazy curls)run past bubble gun just blasting away. She was so HAPPY. She was being very naughty, she was squealing, and she was probably jacked up on 10lbs of sugar, but man I have never seen joy like that. Hilarious.

...because it wasn't my kid of course. :rolleyes1

It's not harmless if it blasts someone in the face. I will believe these parents are okay with it when they let their kids blast the bubbles in their car on their way home.

How dare those kids have harmless fun, and at Disney World of all places!! (P.S. They still sell bubble wands and other types of bubble blowers)

And.... cue the folks with life-threatening bubble allergies! :laughing:

Bubble threads are some of the most controversial I've ever read on the Dis. Right up there with taking kids out of school, how old is too old to accompany mom into the ladies' room, and how big is too big for the stroller!

It's not harmless if it blasts someone in the face. I will believe these parents are okay with it when they let their kids blast the bubbles in their car on their way home.

For most folks (excepting those with rare medical sensitivities), even getting bubbles blown directly in your face is still harmless, albeit annoying and possibly even mildly painful if you happen to have a bubble land directly on your eyeball.

Also, bubbles in the car could potentially cause an accident by distracting the driver. It's perfectly possible parents could be okay with bubbles, while still having enough common sense not to want them used in the car.

I'm always amazed at how many bubbles there are at Disney World. Not just in the hands of children, but in many of the rides and shows as well! The Little Mermaid show, The Muppet show, Philharmagic... Also, I've often seen cast members using bubble blowers and aiming them into the crowd. Every time I see this, I find myself thinking of some of the more heated DIS board threads on the topic. :faint:

And.... cue the folks with life-threatening bubble allergies! :laughing:

Bubble threads are some of the most controversial I've ever read on the Dis. Right up there with taking kids out of school, how old is too old to accompany mom into the ladies' room, and how big is too big for the stroller!

Just think of the outrage if someone saw a 13 year old boy sitting in a stroller in a women's bathroom, blowing bubbles, on a Monday in September! The horror!!!

Just think of the outrage if someone saw a 13 year old boy sitting in a stroller in a women's bathroom, blowing bubbles, on a Monday in September! The horror!!!

Too bad they put chips in the mugs, or he could be using an expired refillable mug, too! I guess we'll just have to give him a fake-jacket-wearing, untrained, incontinent, emotional support chihuahua instead. :rotfl:

I do have one incident with the bubble wand that spit out 47 million bubbles per min. Last trip, DH in wheelchair, 1 yr in stroller , rest of crew on rides. We are under a tree for some shade. Baby is getting grumpy.....I see a spot for me to sit down with baby under some shade. I leave DH where he is. A few mins later a family stops right next to DH. Looking at phone or map or something. Bubble wand is going at full blast, wind is blowing TOWARD DH. I expected DH to turn into Lawrence Welk any moment. Parent were beyond the bubble storm, probably didn't see one.

Walking around bubbling floating and there that's fine, wall of bubbles for 10 mins....that's another story.

But I will be checking out ollies. Grandma's arms get tired with the bubble blowing in the backyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter