Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate all the replies about Walgreens GCs! Looks like I'll just stick with the paltry 5% Target RC discount or GCs that are slightly higher in %. Why they gotta make it so hard to save?!:rotfl:

To everyone on here: My family leaves for our very first WDW vacation tomorrow morning! As expected, I'm beyond excited. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on here for all the great information and money savings. It's been a roller coaster of ride with all the changes (I stumbled on to this thread last Oct), but one constant has been the way we all look out for each other. This is a really great community! Again, thanks for all the savings! Talk to everyone next week!

I got an email from PayPal this morning 15% iTunes cards. I bought one and already link it to my account. It is perfect to pay for cloud storage.

I'd add that iTunes credit is not just good for iCloud storage, but for iTunes Store downloads of music, movies and tv shows; Apple App Store purchases; and subscriptions through your iTunes account like Netflix (and I believe Hulu). When Netflix finally got around to raising the price of our grandfathered plan last month, I canceled my subscription through Netflix and restored it as an in-app purchase through Netflix on iTunes. So now my monthly Netflix subscription is debited from my iTunes credit that I always buy at a discount.

A 15% discount on iTunes gift cards is pretty standard and these deals seem to pop up at least once or twice a month. I know Costco frequently sells a $100 pack of iTunes cards for $85. This PP deal lets you in on a discount for lower denominations ($25). 20% off happens often enough, and I see 25% off usually during Black Friday and the holidays. (You can follow http://twitter.com/itunescarddeals, who posts current iTunes deals.)

One more thing -- If you plan to buy iTunes music, movies or tv episodes or Apps, go through Ebates for 7% cash back! I don't think it works on subscriptions,

I'd add that iTunes credit is not just good for iCloud storage, but for iTunes Store downloads of music, movies and tv shows; Apple App Store purchases; and subscriptions through your iTunes account like Netflix (and I believe Hulu). When Netflix finally got around to raising the price of our grandfathered plan last month, I canceled my subscription through Netflix and restored it as an in-app purchase through Netflix on iTunes. So now my monthly Netflix subscription is debited from my iTunes credit that I always buy at a discount.

A 15% discount on iTunes gift cards is pretty standard and these deals seem to pop up at least once or twice a month. I know Costco frequently sells a $100 pack of iTunes cards for $85. This PP deal lets you in on a discount for lower denominations ($25). 20% off happens often enough, and I see 25% off usually during Black Friday and the holidays. (You can follow http://twitter.com/itunescarddeals, who posts current iTunes deals.)

One more thing -- If you plan to buy iTunes music, movies or tv episodes or Apps, go through Ebates for 7% cash back! I don't think it works on subscriptions,

Well if it doesn't get use up by cloud storage it would get use for the HBO subscription when GOT comes back on. Thanks for letting me know. The deal lets you in at $25 that is why it works for us. I don't need that much in iTunes GC as we don't normally use it for movies or music.

Is there a kind soul who can remind me how to convert a Target e gift card so that it can be used in store? Many thanks!

Is there a kind soul who can remind me how to convert a Target e gift card so that it can be used in store? Many thanks!

You don't really need to convert it, you can load it to your account at Target.com. Then when you are in the store, you can access the gift cards through the Target app and there is a barcode to scan on your phone. It's really easy when you go through self checkout too. One Target employee near the self checkout advised using the hand scanner for scanning your phone. She even knew I was paying for GCs with GCs and that was all she said was to give that advice.

Just saw this on Slickdeals. I just bought a $25 Target egift card through the SYWR portal. The card was only 3% off, but I'll use that $10 in SYWR points to buy some more work pants for my husband since he needs those.

SYWR $10 back in points on $25 or more select gift card purchase from Raise.com
Member offer of get $10.00 back in points for spending $25.00 on qualifying purchases, valid September 24th – September 30th, 2016.

Deal link:http://www.shopyourway.com/today/...=254224371

Sounds like a good deal to me. More details below:

Members get $10.00 in points; limit one (1) offer per member. Minimum purchase requirement of $25.00 after gift cards and discounts and before taxes and other fees are applied. Offer cannot be combined with other Shop Your Way promotions. Void if purchase is cancelled or returned. Initiate online through ShopYourWay.com, SYWEverywhere.com, or at participating in-store locations. Points may require up to 45 days to be awarded. Not valid for Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End, and the following partners: KitchenAid, Energy Plus, LifeLock, Lingo, MetLife Defender, local restaurants, Sears licensed businesses, Sirva Home Benefits, and Sirva Mortgage. Offer valid for original recipient only. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the offer at any time in the even fraud, abuse, unintended virality, or if technical or other issues arise. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

Just saw this on Slickdeals. I just bought a $25 Target egift card through the SYWR portal. The card was only 3% off, but I'll use that $10 in SYWR points to buy some more work pants for my husband since he needs those.

SYWR $10 back in points on $25 or more select gift card purchase from Raise.com
Member offer of get $10.00 back in points for spending $25.00 on qualifying purchases, valid September 24th – September 30th, 2016.

Deal link:http://www.shopyourway.com/today/...=254224371

Sounds like a good deal to me. More details below:

Members get $10.00 in points; limit one (1) offer per member. Minimum purchase requirement of $25.00 after gift cards and discounts and before taxes and other fees are applied. Offer cannot be combined with other Shop Your Way promotions. Void if purchase is cancelled or returned. Initiate online through ShopYourWay.com, SYWEverywhere.com, or at participating in-store locations. Points may require up to 45 days to be awarded. Not valid for Sears, Kmart, Lands’ End, and the following partners: KitchenAid, Energy Plus, LifeLock, Lingo, MetLife Defender, local restaurants, Sears licensed businesses, Sirva Home Benefits, and Sirva Mortgage. Offer valid for original recipient only. We reserve the right to cancel or modify the offer at any time in the even fraud, abuse, unintended virality, or if technical or other issues arise. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms.

Sigh. Sounds like a good deal, but I know that I'll spend an hour or more trying to figure out how to spend the $10. Curious to know what essentials people are buying with their $10. Toilet paper???

Anyone thinking about getting a Sam's Club membership to get the discounted gift cards, there's a deal for half off the $5 membership.

https://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/clubpickup

Or Zulily has this deal up again.
18-Month Sam's Club Membership + $20 Gift Card + Coupons for $45

I don't know if this has been said, but Discover is doing a 5% cashback bonus on up to $1500 of Sam's purchases starting October first.

I would just print it out and carry it with me. I recently took a Target ecard I got from m+ with several physical cards I got for specials at Target, and got them combined at the Target service desk. Then, armed with only one gift card, I bought my Disney gift card.

So, I think I'm figuring this out, even if it seems like a bit late in the game. Today I went through a portal to Raise and used their 4% extra on top of the typical kmart discount, plus a $5 credit that they offered me to buy a $25 gc for $17 - portal % - cc %. I have never gc2gc, so I wanted to start small. At the store I kept walking in circles looking for the gc. Finally someone asked to help me and they did. Went to pay with my egc/voucher, which was on my phone, and the card load failed. A manager override of some sort was needed, but thankfully it was the person who helped me find the gcs earlier, so we made a joke and he authorized override. Cashier refunded purchase onto physical kmart gc and we tried again. I had an eBay card just in case, but we tried Disney again. He thought the failure was due to it not being a physical gc. Maybe he was right bc with my refunded $ on the physical gc the gc2gc loaded properly. I wanted to try ebay, but didn't want to risk it for the ebucks 25 could have gotten me. Since I bought the Disney one, I was able to load it onto my account before leaving the register and confirmed the funds. Passed cashier the receipts and used Disney and kmart gcs (after snapping pics), and went on my way with my first gc2gc done :) minor bumps, but success.

I bought gamestop too and will try that next week. Fingers crossed because it's much closer than Kmart! At least there's kmart. Thanks for the encouragement and info to try!

Do you all think an unloaded gc (say ebay or Disney) would work at another store, so long as they typically carry that gc but are out? Just curious ... :)

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
So sad about this. Kind of wish I'd hopped on board the churning train sooner. I spent 6 months on the fence not sure if I wanted to risk it. Oh well. Still though, I'm really happy with the $ I've made since March. My Jan/Feb trip is almost paid for. First time staying at the Poly (except as a kid back in the 70's!) and except for this churn, we'd have been at a moderate. Thank you everyone on this thread! You're the best!

Congrats on your trip! I can't help but ask: did you rent points?

Cashier refunded purchase onto physical kmart gc and we tried again. I had an eBay card just in case, but we tried Disney again. He thought the failure was due to it not being a physical gc. Maybe he was right bc with my refunded $ on the physical gc the gc2gc loaded properly.

It absolutely was because it wasn't a physical gift card.

DISMeri posts that when she gets e-GCs, she'll pop in to a Sears store and have them convert to physical GC so she can go use them at Kmart.

I bought gamestop too and will try that next week. Fingers crossed because it's much closer than Kmart! At least there's kmart. Thanks for the encouragement and info to try!

You're brave! Let us know how Gamestop goes, too.

Do you all think an unloaded gc (say ebay or Disney) would work at another store, so long as they typically carry that gc but are out? Just curious ... :)

Probably not. While you could take one GC from one Kmart and would likely get it to scan at another Kmart, taking one from Target probably wouldn't work at Best Buy. I'm not positive they have different SKUs, but I can definitely tell other differences between cards purchased at different vendors.

So, I think I'm figuring this out, even if it seems like a bit late in the game. Today I went through a portal to Raise and used their 4% extra on top of the typical kmart discount, plus a $5 credit that they offered me to buy a $25 gc for $17 - portal % - cc %. I have never gc2gc, so I wanted to start small. At the store I kept walking in circles looking for the gc. Finally someone asked to help me and they did. Went to pay with my egc/voucher, which was on my phone, and the card load failed. A manager override of some sort was needed, but thankfully it was the person who helped me find the gcs earlier, so we made a joke and he authorized override. Cashier refunded purchase onto physical kmart gc and we tried again. I had an eBay card just in case, but we tried Disney again. He thought the failure was due to it not being a physical gc. Maybe he was right bc with my refunded $ on the physical gc the gc2gc loaded properly. I wanted to try ebay, but didn't want to risk it for the ebucks 25 could have gotten me. Since I bought the Disney one, I was able to load it onto my account before leaving the register and confirmed the funds. Passed cashier the receipts and used Disney and kmart gcs (after snapping pics), and went on my way with my first gc2gc done :) minor bumps, but success.

Congrats on your trip! I can't help but ask: did you rent points?

We didn't rent points, but we're getting a pretty good deal through a travel agent.

For those purchasing Disney gift cards at target, if you don't need them right now, I would suggest waiting until November/December. Both of the last 2 years Target ran a promotion selling their gift cards at 10% off. Two years ago it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving and last year it was the Sunday before Christmas. You purchase that with the citi double cash and you get a 12% savings which you can then use to purchase your Disney gift cards.

It absolutely was because it wasn't a physical gift card.

DISMeri posts that when she gets e-GCs, she'll pop in to a Sears store and have them convert to physical GC so she can go use them at Kmart.

You're brave! Let us know how Gamestop goes, too.

Probably not. While you could take one GC from one Kmart and would likely get it to scan at another Kmart, taking one from Target probably wouldn't work at Best Buy. I'm not positive they have different SKUs, but I can definitely tell other differences between cards purchased at different vendors.

How does she convert? Does she just use it to purchase a kmart or sears gc? Do sears gc work at kmart, no question? Why not do it at kmart before grabbing the desired gc and then use it at another register when purchasing the desired gc? I'm trying to understand the need for two trips. If I'm in sears and they take the egc, why not just by the desired gc there after that? I know that was a lot of questions! Thank you for anyone willing to answer lol

We didn't rent points, but we're getting a pretty good deal through a travel agent.

Do you mind sharing (even through pm) the price/ room type/ season? I'm curious about how a travel agent compares.

For those purchasing Disney gift cards at target, if you don't need them right now, I would suggest waiting until November/December. Both of the last 2 years Target ran a promotion selling their gift cards at 10% off. Two years ago it was the Sunday after Thanksgiving and last year it was the Sunday before Christmas. You purchase that with the citi double cash and you get a 12% savings which you can then use to purchase your Disney gift cards.

And then you get another 5% with rc? So 17% in this scenario? How are you informed of this sale? Thanks for sharing!

And then you get another 5% with rc? So 17% in this scenario? How are you informed of this sale? Thanks for sharing!

Target has had a 10% sale on their (Target) gift cards the last two years. You have never been able to get 5% off with the RedCard on Target's own gift cards, so no, it would not be additional 5% off. Lots of blogs and internet sites have these sales listed, including sometimes someone will post it on the DIS.

As someone pointed out you won't get RC discount on target cards, but if you did your math is all wrong. The extra 2% you only get if you have certain cc that give you cash back. So the percentage will vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter