Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not heard of anyone not able to convert a Best Buy gift card to a Disney gift card in store and I've done so myself. If you run into a cashier who won't do it (again I've not heard this is an issue), try again later. I would have no concern about being stuck with BB gift cards unless corporate made a sudden policy change.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I've not heard of anyone not able to convert a Best Buy gift card to a Disney gift card in store and I've done so myself." If you have been following this thread here, there have been a few times that people have said they were told at their local Best Buy that they couldn't purchase Disney GC with a GC. (and no, I'm not going to dig through the 1170 pages to find the comments.)

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I've not heard of anyone not able to convert a Best Buy gift card to a Disney gift card in store and I've done so myself." If you have been following this thread here, there have been a few times that people have said they were told at their local Best Buy that they couldn't purchase Disney GC with a GC. (and no, I'm not going to dig through the 1170 pages to find the comments.)

I'm not sure what you mean that you're not sure what I mean:)

I would be much more worried about a change in corporate policy like Target than an employee prohibiting it.

I've not heard of anyone not able to convert a Best Buy gift card to a Disney gift card in store and I've done so myself. If you run into a cashier who won't do it (again I've not heard this is an issue), try again later. I would have no concern about being stuck with BB gift cards unless corporate made a sudden policy change.

I was one of the ones who posted about not being able to do GC to GC at the closest BB to our home (about 20 minutes away). My hubs went in to get ebay and was told by the cashier they cannot accept a GC to pay for any GC. Of course, I had seen the actual policy posted here already, but hubs didn't push the issue. He just told her he didn't want it and left. We probably could have fought the issue, but it wasn't worth it to me.

From that point, I just decided to order them online from BB and have the shipped. My first order for just a GC was cancelled, so I just added an item to my order that I would have bought anyway (like printer ink) and used my CC to pay for the extra item. I did this about 3 times without any issues and received by ebay cards in the mail in two days, which was fine for me. That did hinder any possibility of multiple churns during a ebucks promotion though. I stopped going that route when things got crazy with all the PPDG verification. I never had any of those troubles, but I wasn't willing to risk getting banned from PP.

I've had issues at my local BBYs, too. From staff who were absolutely convinced that BBY gift cards cannot and never could be used to purchase any other GCs to stores being out of stock, my BBY churns are often anything but smooth.

My local Walgreens churns, however, have been smooth as silk. Others have posted where their local Walgreens are not so easy. As is oft repeated, Your Mileage May Vary.

So now you understand what I meant when I said I'm not sure what you mean when you say "I've not heard of anyone not able to convert a Best Buy gift card to a Disney gift card in store and I've done so myself." Because it is very clear in these forums that people have said that they have encountered these problems.

FYI for anyone still going the Target gift ---> Disney in store route, Raise has an extra 4% off this weekend with code fall4you. I was just able to get over $250 worth at 9.3% off total. But that's because I was stalking and refreshing the page until ones came up greater than 5% off. Most of the GCs on there right now are around 3% off. But with the extra 4% off, that's still better than just a RedCard 5% discount.

Code is one time use per account only. But the limit seems to be related to the address used as well, because I couldn't use the code on an account with my husband's email.

FYI for anyone still going the Target gift ---> Disney in store route, Raise has an extra 4% off this weekend with code fall4you. I was just able to get over $250 worth at 9.3% off total. But that's because I was stalking and refreshing the page until ones came up greater than 5% off. Most of the GCs on there right now are around 3% off. But with the extra 4% off, that's still better than just a RedCard 5% discount.

Code is one time use per account only. But the limit seems to be related to the address used as well, because I couldn't use the code on an account with my husband's email.

Great news as I'm starting to save today for our cruise next year. Can we still buy Disney with Target GC online and stack the 5% RC discount?

Great news as I'm starting to save today for our cruise next year. Can we still buy Disney with Target GC online and stack the 5% RC discount?

No, members here have reported that orders on Target.com to purchase gift cards with Target gift cards now get cancelled quickly. The only option is to buy in store and then you cannot stack the RedCard discount if paying with a Target gift card.

No, members here have reported that orders on Target.com to purchase gift cards with Target gift cards now get cancelled quickly. The only option is to buy in store and then you cannot stack the RedCard discount if paying with a Target gift card.

Good to know, thanks. When did this start?

Good to know, thanks. When did this start?

Someone else may know more specifically, but from my activity I can tell that my last successful online purchase of a Disney gift card with a Target gift card was 7/23/16. So sometime after that the online method stopped.

Someone else may know more specifically, but from my activity I can tell that my last successful online purchase of a Disney gift card with a Target gift card was 7/23/16. So sometime after that the online method stopped.

They started cancelling orders in the middle of August.

For those who have used Walgreen GC to buy Disney GC is it possible to use multiple Walgreens GC for one order? I see a bunch of Walgreens cards at 12% on CardCash but I would need to buy multiplies to get the $150 I need. I know each store is different with allowing the purchase to begin with, but do you think I'm risking it further by needing to swipe 2 GC at checkout?

For those who have used Walgreen GC to buy Disney GC is it possible to use multiple Walgreens GC for one order? I see a bunch of Walgreens cards at 12% on CardCash but I would need to buy multiplies to get the $150 I need. I know each store is different with allowing the purchase to begin with, but do you think I'm risking it further by needing to swipe 2 GC at checkout?

Be very careful buying Walgreens cards on GC reseller sites like CardCash and Raise. Often what you get aren't technically gift cards, but rather 'store credit' cards. And store credit cannot be used to purchase gift cards.

I have used 2 Walgreen cards to buy 2 ebay cards in the past, so I think that part should be safe. But as the Perfessor said, buying Walgreens cards from reseller sites is like playing Russian roulette, with worse odds.

THIS:

Be very careful buying Walgreens cards on GC reseller sites like CardCash and Raise. Often what you get aren't technically gift cards, but rather 'store credit' cards. And store credit cannot be used to purchase gift cards.

You'll want to be sure you're getting actual WG GCs, which their system does accept for third-party GCs; not store or merchandise 'credit' cards, which cannot be used to pay for other GCs. GCs will likely come in round numbers, even though WG does sell variable load cards in stores. But @PerfessorZ is right, you're taking a risk buying from GC reseller sites without knowing for sure what you're buying. I don't even know if those sites are selling physical GCs or eGCs...

To answer your question, yes, you can use more than one WG GC in a single transaction. I just bought a $200 eBay GC using 2x $100 WG GCs during lunch today. Because my WG GCs were physical cards, I swiped them through the card machine myself. Just let the cashier load/activate the card you want to purchase, wait for the card machine screen to say processing and the lights to start blinking green, then swipe. You'll see the balance of your first card deducted from the purchase total. When the lights blink green again, swipe another card to pay the remaining balance. I've noticed that all the WGs I've been to have their card machines in front of or next to their registers, and GCs are swiped standing up (rather than flat), with the magnetic stripe pointed down and left, so cashiers can't really see the face of the card is a WG GC. It's very inconspicuous with just one card, but you might raise some eyebrows when you start swiping multiple cards.

All this might be moot in about a week since eBay will stop awarding eBucks for GC purchases and it won't make sense (outside some $ off deal) to buy WG GCs from SVM at full price plus shipping per card, to have to drive to a WG to exchange it for eBay GCs that we'll soon no longer be able to use to buy third-party GCs, or for Disney GCs when there are easier and better deals out there.

Last edited:

This happened to me and I was told by Raise that you should expect WG GCs purchased from them to be store credit, not actual GCs. I bought two and both ended up being store credit. I knew it was a risk but bought anyway because I can always use them for other things. If you cannot use them for other things, I wouldn't chance it.

OK, it's time for me to ask for advice.

I had several BB cards that I did not convert, because I was until I got an ebay promotion. I haven't so far, so I figured if I got a promotion, convert to ebay, and do one last gc to gc on ebay.
If not, I would just convert them to Disney. I have had NO problems in either of the BB's near me. Now I am reading that BB's are starting to not accept gcs to buy gcs.

The question is: should I run to a local store and convert my cards right away, or should I wait until next week to see if I get a promotion (I had been getting them until 3 weeks ago.)?

OK, it's time for me to ask for advice.

I had several BB cards that I did not convert, because I was until I got an ebay promotion. I haven't so far, so I figured if I got a promotion, convert to ebay, and do one last gc to gc on ebay.
If not, I would just convert them to Disney. I have had NO problems in either of the BB's near me. Now I am reading that BB's are starting to not accept gcs to buy gcs.

The question is: should I run to a local store and convert my cards right away, or should I wait until next week to see if I get a promotion (I had been getting them until 3 weeks ago.)?

As PPDG is currently out of all BBY gcs, and SVM is out of $100 Walgreens cards, even if there is a promo next week, unless these companies restock in the next few days, it may hardly be worth it.

As PPDG is currently out of all BBY gcs, and SVM is out of $100 Walgreens cards, even if there is a promo next week, unless these companies restock in the next few days, it may hardly be worth it.
Thank you! SInce I didn't get a promotion, I hadn't been checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter