Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is it taking to get the bonus BB Gift Card? I got the initial $150 card and am waiting on the free $15 card. I'm anxious to get these to BB. LOL

Does anyone know the limit to how many Disney GC's you can buy in Target, and if you can just buy say, double that, in two separate transactions?

I am still not able to buy GC's with a GC on eBay?!?! Anyone else getting an error? Say something like 'this code cannot be applied to items in your cart'. Not trying to use any coupon code.

Do you still get 5% off eBay GC at Target when you purchase in-store using RedCard? Thanks.

I haven't tried but you should still be able to. I have not read any reports of the 5% Redcard discount not working on 3rd party GC's in the store.

I made 2 PPDG $100 (plus bonus) BB gc purchases with no problems. The third transaction took several attempts to verify. I think I'll buy eBay gift cards at BB then buy Walgreens gc to turn into Disney. I don't want to risk my Paypal account since I have several eBay transactions ending shortly and can't be locked out of my account for any reason.

I'm hoping we can use the ebucks to purchase more gift cards at the end of the quarter.

I am still not able to buy GC's with a GC on eBay?!?! Anyone else getting an error? Say something like 'this code cannot be applied to items in your cart'. Not trying to use any coupon code.

I saw that error too after I entered my $100 eBay gift card. However, it still seemed to take it. I could see it listed in the gift cards and coupons area and my balance due was zero. After submitting the order I doubled checked my PayPal account and it was paid 100% with the gift card.

I saw that error too after I entered my $100 eBay gift card. However, it still seemed to take it. I could see it listed in the gift cards and coupons area and my balance due was zero. After submitting the order I doubled checked my PayPal account and it was paid 100% with the gift card.

Interesting, I don't think I looked to see if it actually accepted the GC. I am no where near the 2k/60 days limit. I just went into my dh's account and bought from there. I have some GC's tied to my account so I am going to go try again.

ETA: It worked that time with no error code at all :) I am such a glutton for punishment doing this. I still don't have all my money back from the drained cards...

Last edited:
I can't seem to make any purchases with PPDG, even though I can use paypal for other purchases on eBay.....hmmm.....

Regarding continuing to buy from PPDGC despite the stolen codes: like every aspect of this process, it's matter of weighing risk vs. benefit. Of course I believe that people's codes were stolen; on the other hand, I believe that there are ways to manage that risk, primarily using the codes as soon as possible.

Also, I am wondering, have those of you who have been following this on other sites come across any info regarding whether PPDGC purchased recently have been stolen? It seems that many/most/all (?) of the codes that I have read about being stolen were purchased during or before the first week of September. Just wondering if perhaps PayPal has fixed this particular problem. (And for the record, I despise PayPal, but again, it's a matter of cost vs. benefit.)

I didn't get the promotion, and I am SO jealous!
Buying cards at SVM is not worth it unless you have at least a 4% promotion - so you can break even.
Trying to figure out what to do: wait and hope for a promotion before the end of the month? Take advantage of the grace period in case they cut it short? Truly not a 3rd world problem, but "tis a puzzlement"!

I think you mean Sam's Club and not Walmart and unless people get away with it, their restrictions are as follows for Plus Membership:

Cash Rewards are not earned for purchases of the following:

• Purchases made at the Sam’s Club Wholesale Trading Center #7191 located at 11700 Miramar Pkwy., Miramar, FL 33025
  • Alcoholic Beverages
  • Tobacco
  • eCigarettes
  • Fuel
  • Milk
  • External Websites- merchandise or services sold or provided on websites not hosted by Sam’s Club - even if accessed originally through SamsClub.com.
  • Auctions
  • Gift Cards, including third party Gift Cards
  • Inventory belonging to third parties
  • Lottery tickets
  • Membership
  • Service contracts (example - mobile phone contracts)
  • Pharmacy - prescriptions
  • Photo Center
  • Postage stamps
  • Limited duration third party merchandise sales within clubs
  • Offers and Services provided by third parties (examples - auto buying program, insurance, travel services, legal services, merchant credit card payment processing services, etc.)
  • Services and Labor (examples - delivery, tire installation, etc.)
  • Taxes and fees (including sales tax, deposits, miscellaneous fees etc.)
  • Service Plans

:) yes, i did mean sam's club! thanks for pointing that out. i'll have to check my account. i didn't even know until the person told me, 'oh, and you get 2% back because you're a plus member' ... but, she wouldn't be the first employee to be wrong ;) either way, something is something.

I swore that I was done with eBay and PPDG but I just had to bite on the BB $150 GC with a $15 bonus GC. I bought two. The bonus eBucks was just too tempting and I was heading to Lowe's anyway today (it's in the same area as BB). It took six -yes. SIX- attempts to verify my PP account, using the very same computer and browser that I have always used for eBay purchases. The codes for the $150 GCs came within 10 minutes. Still waiting on the bonus codes.

ETA: I got my first bonus code and it has a very short window for use - it expires 10/12/16.
Back from running my errands.

The BB GCs and bonuses worked fine. I loaded a Disney GC with $330 and paid completely with GCs. I thought about getting eBay GCs and doing another churn but decided that the 10% bonus GCs, the eBucks, the Shopkick points and my CC points were enough. I'm happy with that.

Went to Lowe's and bought a $150 Disney GC. Paid with my AmEx. Had to provide ID, so I couldn't use my husband's card. My card got declined. Called AmEx, and AmEx said there had not been any attempts to authorize a payment with the card. Back in to Lowe's. Different register. Same AmEx card. Authorization went thru without a problem. Got the "Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" email even before I got home. $150 GC for $120 OOP. Again, I contemplated buying an eBay GC instead and then rolling it into another $150 BB GC w/$15 bonus, which would have netted me another $15 eBucks and $165 on a Disney GC for a total of $120 OOP, but once again I decided to be happy with the 20% discount instead.

Last edited:
Here is my experience today, if anyone is interested....

Both DH and I got the eBucks deal. I purchased 3 $150 BB under my account and 3 under DH account. Had a small verification loop to go through on each account, but they finally went through with no problems. We each got 3 of the $15 bonus cards netting us $90 in eBucks and $90 in extra BB cards.

I immediately went to 2 local BBs to avoid the potential of the cards being drained. The first BB didn't have eBay, so I got $500 Disney. No issues. The second store had eBay so I got $500 in eBay. No issues, though the cashier was very hesitant even after her manager told her it was fine to buy eBay card w/ BB card.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to try and buy more BB tomorrow with my $500 eBay card or buy Sears or Walgreens and stay away from PPDG. I guess it will depend on if the promotion of bonus GSs at BB is still running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter