Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up for the Disney Chase Visa for the $200 gc reward, I've now spent the required $500, do I need to do anything to get the gift card or do they just automatically mail it to me?

I signed up for the Disney Chase Visa for the $200 gc reward, I've now spent the required $500, do I need to do anything to get the gift card or do they just automatically mail it to me?
I had a $200 statement credit and it came back all by itself, I'm sure your gift card will too :)

I found an article that lists which stores allow you to buy gift cards with gifts cards. I think the chart may need some updating, but it at least can give you some ideas about which cards to buy if you have to. They also list which cards will NOT let you buy gc's with theirs, and which discount websites sell which gc's.
http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/best-gift-cards/
They listed Kroger, and Cardcash had some Krogers cards at 2% off. I bought $100 worth, and will try them out next time they offer 4-5X points for gift cards.

I got my gift cards last year 6-8 weeks after I completed the required purchase. I had called to ask and they said they will either start the process as soon as the first statement you reach the required spending . Hope yours comes sooner than mine took.

So I finally got rid of my eBay cards. Just had a couple hundred, so I bought this for $299.

It is a large format photo printer that my wife wants. The great thing is that it comes with a $250 mail in rebate here.

So for $50 I got the wife a large format photo printer, used up all my eBay cards, got $6.00 worth of eBay Bucks, and a $250 Prepaid Amex.

Converting eBay Cards into a Prepaid Amex Card.
I just received the printer. I did the pre-submit and realized I needed the printer paper UPC too. The regular rebate form doesn't say that. Also, make sure when cutting printer UPC, that you cut through the heavy cardboard and mail intact.
Still not sure about Sales receipt because I didn't get anything in the box. Waiting for response from seller. I have Paypal receipt ready if that's the actual receipt that they need.
This printer is too big. Someone's getting a printer for Christmas.
Thanks.

I found an article that lists which stores allow you to buy gift cards with gifts cards. I think the chart may need some updating, but it at least can give you some ideas about which cards to buy if you have to. They also list which cards will NOT let you buy gc's with theirs, and which discount websites sell which gc's.
http://www.hustlermoneyblog.com/best-gift-cards/
They listed Kroger, and Cardcash had some Krogers cards at 2% off. I bought $100 worth, and will try them out next time they offer 4-5X points for gift cards.

I tried this and my Kroger wasn't having it.

Yes to both.
Ok, that might be an option. I don't have a SAMS membership, we do Costco, so I would have to find someone with one that would let me use their account online. If I went and purchased a membership that would negate my savings right there.

I would like to thank CMNJ for his post alerting us to all to what is going on at Paypal. At least I was able to salvage $850 of my $1050 of Best Buy gift cards. I still can't believe that paypal refuses to admit they were hacked. It is almost as if they are hoping that most people won't use their gift cards until holiday shopping in November (that was what I was going to do) and by then it will be too late to do anything.

I have tried contacting a few security sites but I am getting responses that seem like they think I'm some conspiracy nut. Like the following response I got from one security expert:
"I'll look into thepaypalthing, but I have to tell you that usually these things are the result of a hack of the user (password re-use, easily guessed passwords for managing the GC account online, etc.) than any sort of breach at the merchant. Will let you know if I get anything interesting that suggests otherwise."

I honestly feel like I am in one of these movies where you know who the bad guy is but no one is willing to believe you.

Are Paypal DGC still being drained for new orders or is it safe to buy now?

No one knows the answer to that. All that we can tell you is that numerous people who have bought gift cards from paypal in the last 2 months have had the balances on their cards stolen. I would not buy any digital gift cards from paypal until we know what is really going on there.

No one knows the answer to that. All that we can tell you is that numerous people who have bought gift cards from paypal in the last 2 months have had the balances on their cards stolen. I would not buy any digital gift cards from paypal until we know what is really going on there.
Yea, I don't understand why anyone would take the risk for such a small reward.

Well Sams online chares a
Ok, that might be an option. I don't have a SAMS membership, we do Costco, so I would have to find someone with one that would let me use their account online. If I went and purchased a membership that would negate my savings right there.
Well purchasing online is a no go as they charge a few dollars for shipping.

Nashville.
I bet you could call different Krogers and see if they have them. I would say most in Middle TN would have them as a region.
You can't go down the street without tripping over a Kroger here. Both the ones in my neighborhood have the USO. Although I suspect a Diser has been buying the USO ones up at one of them, lol.

hmm....I've checked the 3 closest to me and don't see them. maybe I need to go to a fancier kroger LOL

So MyPoints has an in-store Best Buy promotion where they'll credit you on a sliding scale depending on how much you purchase. I don't recall anything in the promotion specifically excluding gift cards, but that doesn't mean I didn't overlook something. I had one $100 Best Buy GC left (that hadn't been hacked), so I gave it a try tonight. I managed to hit the Best Buy at a time where the previous (clueless) cashiers weren't around, so I was able to convert to Disney.

I'll keep y'all posted if I get credited. If it does, it should work out to around $5 back on a $100 purchase. There is a limit of only using this once during the promotion period, but they ran a similar (identical?) promotion a couple weeks ago.

So MyPoints has an in-store Best Buy promotion where they'll credit you on a sliding scale depending on how much you purchase. I don't recall anything in the promotion specifically excluding gift cards, but that doesn't mean I didn't overlook something. I had one $100 Best Buy GC left (that hadn't been hacked), so I gave it a try tonight. I managed to hit the Best Buy at a time where the previous (clueless) cashiers weren't around, so I was able to convert to Disney.

I'll keep y'all posted if I get credited. If it does, it should work out to around $5 back on a $100 purchase. There is a limit of only using this once during the promotion period, but they ran a similar (identical?) promotion a couple weeks ago.
Is this the one with the QR code for them to scan when you shop?

I want to thank everyone for their responses to my problem! Just in case anyone else has this problem, I'll let you guys know what I found out. I took it to a different target tonight and discovered he was scanning the wrong barcode. He was scanning the one on the box and it was coming up item not on file, so he was insistent they must not sell it at his target and I needed to go to another one. In reality, he just needed to enter the upc that was on the return form.

@JohnDaleswife- I think Sams Club offers free shipping from time to time. I bought my first cards that way and then went to order more and they were going to charge for shipping, so I justwent into the store.

I have been sitting on $300 in BB and $500 in eBay waiting to figure out what to do with them. I bought a $300 Disney gift card at Best Buy yesterday, my cards had been purchased through PPDG a month or so ago so I wanted to make sure I spent them before someone else did. For eBay, I will likely just use the cards to buy what I would normally buy on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter