Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the paypal digital gifts website, and their contact info. Planning to call them before the next ebay promotion.
https://www.paypal-gifts.com/us/contact-us/

Thanks for the link. I'm keeping that info handy. I did find one of the FAQ's interesting:

"Can I buy multiple gift cards in one transaction?
No, you can buy only one gift card per transaction. You may make repeat purchases but limits may apply to the amount and number of gift cards you can buy."

I wonder why they let us add more than one GC to our carts.

Not sure if anyone would be interested but disneystore.com has a deal right now where you can get a disney princess castle playset for free when you spend $135 with the code CASTLE. I've heard of others buying a gift card then getting the castle free.

Worked for me! $125 GC + some other sale items and a pixar item for free shipping (FREESHIP), just in time for the kids birthdays! Thanks for posting :thumbsup2

Thanks for the Castle code, that will make a great Christmas present for my 4 year old grand daughter!!
You're welcome! That's what I'm planning on doing. I was thinking about getting some gift cards anyway since they have more picture options than what I find in stores for our spending money. I know DS would love the Miles one. Plus the multiple cards would make it easier to tell who's card is who's since I know I'm going to end up carry everything anyway. :p

I wonder...has anyone tried sending a gift card from PPDG as a gift? I'm wondering if I could try sending it to my other (non-PayPal) e-mail address. I don't want them to think there is anything wonky going on on my end...all the wonkiness is DEFINITELY on their end:rotfl2:.

I wonder...has anyone tried sending a gift card from PPDG as a gift? I'm wondering if I could try sending it to my other (non-PayPal) e-mail address. I don't want them to think there is anything wonky going on on my end...all the wonkiness is DEFINITELY on their end:rotfl2:.
I have sent PPDG GCs as a gift, but I haven't noticed that doing so frees me from the verification issues.

Also, the GC you send isn't tied to the email you "gift" it to - you can use it on the account you sent the gift from.

Last edited:

I just realized the Kmart was going use is closed and the other isn't in a good part of town. I forget what others said about Sears stores, do not allow gc for gc or they just don't have good options?

Not sure if anyone would be interested but disneystore.com has a deal right now where you can get a disney princess castle playset for free when you spend $135 with the code CASTLE. I've heard of others buying a gift card then getting the castle free.

Yay! Thanks! I was able to get a $150 Gift Card and the castle. My girls will love this and I also like I got to pick a gift card design since all the gift cards in the stores are Mickey! Now I have a Nightmare Before Christmas gift card to add my funds too :).

I need to figure out Sears Marketplace better. I finally discovered why I got $53 in points for buying a bookcase sold by Wayfair. They gave me $50 in points for a $200+ marketplace order plus the regular points. I still have the same offer available through Sunday and it seems like the Marketplace includes Lands End. I wish I understood shop your way and the Marketplace better because combined with using discounted gift cards and ebates, this seems like a good way to score some major deals.

PSA!!

For those of you that churn at Gamestop, there is a lot going on right now if you look at the r/Gamestop subreddit. Looks like corporate took away a system that trains employees and helps run the store etc. because their pre-owned sales are down. Now all the employees are really upset and leaving or already putting in their two weeks. Not sure if it affects gift card sales. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see your regular employees who let you purchase GC > GC, though.

EDIT: Reddit user asked about trade in credit > GC purchases and the employee said that with the system down, they have no way of cross referencing the policies! haha. This could actually be beneficial to us. Lots of employees that have been there 8+ years quitting because they are feeling more like used car salesman than retail employees as the company has been changing.

Last edited:
PSA

For those of you that churn at Gamestop, there is a lot going on right now if you look at the r/Gamestop subreddit. Looks like corporate took away a system that trains employees and helps run the store etc. because their pre-owned sales are down. Now all the employees are really upset and leaving or already putting in their two weeks. Not sure if it affects gift card sales. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see your regular employees who let you purchase GC > GC, though.

Oh boy, okay so hopefully I can take the ones I just received yesterday ($450) and get them converted to Ebay this evening. At least if I end up with any leftover, I know my fiance will use them.

Thanks for code.
I just bought a Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion Messenger Bag. I have the smaller version but it's so small. I'm pretty sure this one will be too big and I'll once again have to do a hack job on the strap to make it not as long but I can't resist a deal. Partially paid with $125 gc. Not sure what I'm going to do with a Castle Play set.

PSA!!

EDIT: Reddit user asked about trade in credit > GC purchases and the employee said that with the system down, they have no way of cross referencing the policies! haha. This could actually be beneficial to us. Lots of employees that have been there 8+ years quitting because they are feeling more like used car salesman than retail employees as the company has been changing.

That really stinks. All of the employees I've run into have been so helpful and friendly.

I just realized the Kmart was going use is closed and the other isn't in a good part of town. I forget what others said about Sears stores, do not allow gc for gc or they just don't have good options?

I find those are actually the best ones to go to:)

PSA!!

I had a pretty terrible experience today. Last month I bought digital GS gift cards and had a very hard time converting them back. All of the local stores told me they didn't allow digital gc to gc transactions. So I swore off GS. But then they stopped selling Target cards on eBay, so I thought I would give physical cards a try.

In the first store I went to, the employee was instantly rude. He remembered me from last month and while I was still waiting in line behind other customers, he yelled at me, "We don't allow that. I remember you." And I said, "You told me no digital gift cards, this time I have physical cards." Then he said, well I want to call my manager. So he called another store, but he wasn't there. Then he just said, "Nope, I won't do it, period." He then claimed here is a policy they received via email this week that prevents GC to GC transactions.

So I drove to another store where I was actually able to get the gift cards converted last month, but they didn't have any eBay gift cards. So then I decided to drive what I would consider a different metro area. I got the cards, the clerk seemed happy to ring them up, but then at the last minute decided to ask her manager. The manager came out and said that they weren't allowed to sell eBay and Amazon gcs if paid with giftcards, but they could sell other types of gift cards. I said, well that seems odd and he totally agreed. Then he said, well let me see if I can come up with a way to run this that doesn't seem "obvious." So he sold me some other items that totaled what I wanted to get in eBay cards, then returned and purchased the eBay cards all in the same transaction. It seemed really convoluted, but at least I have everything converted over now.

So yeah, 100% done with GS.

Have been in CA last couple weeks and decided to pop into the Best Buy here in the Bay Area to convert the GC I got on promo this week and was denied by cashier saying "we don't allow gc to gc sales" and I said my Best Buy back home does and he asked where and I just said "south" and he said it should be reported if they allow that because that's how ppl commit fraud.
I'm still not sure what they mean by fraud - I'm not stealing or breaking public store policies. And I sure didn't like being made to feel like a felon. My eBay days may be over. That was just awful.
I may just do Kroger-eBay-usable GCs like restaurants etc - during promos.

Guys help me out on this. I just noticed my local grocery store Pick n Save has a deal, get a $10 coupon when you buy a $50 Gamestop gift card. So if I buy the Game Stop gift cards I can turn them into Disney Gift Cards and get a $10 grocery coupon for each $50 bought?

Guys help me out on this. I just noticed my local grocery store Pick n Save has a deal, get a $10 coupon when you buy a $50 Gamestop gift card. So if I buy the Game Stop gift cards I can turn them into Disney Gift Cards and get a $10 grocery coupon for each $50 bought?
Gamestop does not have Disney Gift cards, only Ebay... And that's if you get past the employees in your area to allow GC > GC transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter