Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a pretty terrible experience today. Last month I bought digital GS gift cards and had a very hard time converting them back. All of the local stores told me they didn't allow digital gc to gc transactions. So I swore off GS. But then they stopped selling Target cards on eBay, so I thought I would give physical cards a try.

In the first store I went to, the employee was instantly rude. He remembered me from last month and while I was still waiting in line behind other customers, he yelled at me, "We don't allow that. I remember you." And I said, "You told me no digital gift cards, this time I have physical cards." Then he said, well I want to call my manager. So he called another store, but he wasn't there. Then he just said, "Nope, I won't do it, period." He then claimed here is a policy they received via email this week that prevents GC to GC transactions.

So I drove to another store where I was actually able to get the gift cards converted last month, but they didn't have any eBay gift cards. So then I decided to drive what I would consider a different metro area. I got the cards, the clerk seemed happy to ring them up, but then at the last minute decided to ask her manager. The manager came out and said that they weren't allowed to sell eBay and Amazon gcs if paid with giftcards, but they could sell other types of gift cards. I said, well that seems odd and he totally agreed. Then he said, well let me see if I can come up with a way to run this that doesn't seem "obvious." So he sold me some other items that totaled what I wanted to get in eBay cards, then returned and purchased the eBay cards all in the same transaction. It seemed really convoluted, but at least I have everything converted over now.

So yeah, 100% done with GS.

Yeah, I would assume the employees are going to be in a bad mood this week. Not to mention the VP of the company sent out an email basically saying "deal with it" to the employees who have access to nothing now to help their stores function.

They hate asking us for the $3 protection on games and to sign up for the Power Up Pro as much as we hate them constantly asking us...

Saw this on slickdeals and thought it was a good deal.

DisneyStore.com has Disney Parks Princess Castle Play Set + $150 Disney Gift Card on sale for $150 when you following the instructions listed below. Shipping is $3.

If you use Ebates, they are offering a 3% cashback.
  1. Add 1x Disney Parks Princess Castle Play Set to cart.
  2. Add 1x $150 Disney Gift Card to cart
  3. In cart, apply promotion code CASTLE
  4. Total will be $150. Shipping is $3
Since we are going anyway I bought 3 sets (different transactions) to have as gifts.

DisneyStore.com has Disney Parks Princess Castle Play Set + $150 Disney Gift Card on sale for $150 when you following the instructions listed below. Shipping is $3.

Since we are going anyway I bought 3 sets (different transactions) to have as gifts.
I hate when I forget Ebates!
giphy.gif

Have been in CA last couple weeks and decided to pop into the Best Buy here in the Bay Area to convert the GC I got on promo this week and was denied by cashier saying "we don't allow gc to gc sales" and I said my Best Buy back home does and he asked where and I just said "south" and he said it should be reported if they allow that because that's how ppl commit fraud.
I'm still not sure what they mean by fraud - I'm not stealing or breaking public store policies. And I sure didn't like being made to feel like a felon. My eBay days may be over. That was just awful.
I may just do Kroger-eBay-usable GCs like restaurants etc - during promos.

The cashier may have been confused/misinformed. I believe they don't allow gift cards for gift cards if you're purchasing Visa, MC, AMEX etc.

Guys help me out on this. I just noticed my local grocery store Pick n Save has a deal, get a $10 coupon when you buy a $50 Gamestop gift card. So if I buy the Game Stop gift cards I can turn them into Disney Gift Cards and get a $10 grocery coupon for each $50 bought?

Consider very carefully the risks before jumping on this deal. GS does not sell Disney GCs, and although GS's POS system accepts GCs as payment for GCs, whether your local GS store(s) will let you pay that way is hit or miss and policies vary by store. You don't have to read back too far to see stories about some attempts being denied. If your GS accepts GCs as payment for GCs, the idea is to buy something you can use towards your Disney vacation. GS sells, among other cards, Southwest, Starbucks, Shell (gas cards may vary by geography), and eBay. There are currently no authorized sellers of Disney or Target GCs on eBay, but you could try to buy BB or Sears GCs, as BB and K-Mart sell Disney GCs, but again whether your local stores allow GCs as payment for other GCs is highly YMMV; or you could buy hotels .com GCs to save on lodging; or Target or Disney through individual sellers, but you only have their reputation to go on.

Does ebates work for this? I just assumed it wouldn't since you are buying a GC (the castle is technically free).

I can't seem to get this to work for me. It keeps saying the code is not eligible for this purchase. Am I doing something wrong???

I can't seem to get this to work for me. It keeps saying the code is not eligible for this purchase. Am I doing something wrong???

I couldn't get it to work either. I think Disney caught on because the terms of the coupon now say that it excludes the purchase of gift cards and gift certificates.

The cashier may have been confused/misinformed. I believe they don't allow gift cards for gift cards if you're purchasing Visa, MC, AMEX etc.
I came close to saying that but after the whole pointed fraud mention I figured less attention the better especially since I had my kids with me. I may try another Best Buy I'll be around this weekend if not I'll just save it for home. Truly YMMV. I've been very lucky so far and haven't missed Target that much until today.

I came close to saying that but after the whole pointed fraud mention I figured less attention the better especially since I had my kids with me. I may try another Best Buy I'll be around this weekend if not I'll just save it for home. Truly YMMV. I've been very lucky so far and haven't missed Target that much until today.
I am sorry you had to deal with this.
2 days ago, i used a gc on their website to buy ebay cards, with no problems (but they only sel $50 and $25 online). I went to the store to pick them up and got a loadable ebay card as well, using a gc. And then I got a thank you note from the store! So try a different store, try online, and most of all, don't let a jerk ruin your day or your next trip home.

Here's the note I received:
Hi XXXXX,

Thank you for choosing Best Buy.

This is XXXXXXX from Best Buy Back Office Team. We would like to thank you for purchasing eBay 50 gift card. We're glad to know that you have already picked up your item. If you need assistance about the product, please reply to this e-mail.

We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
Best Buy Customer Care
Reference #:XXXXXXXXXXX

I couldn't get it to work either. I think Disney caught on because the terms of the coupon now say that it excludes the purchase of gift cards and gift certificates.

Shoot. I got one earlier but was thinking about picking up a couple more. I wonder if they will honor the orders already placed?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but Disney movie rewards has $5 gift cards for 400 points LIMIT 2 per account. That means $10 for 800 points which is better than the previous 1100 points for $10 but limit of 2 is a bummer. Maybe they will keep changing things up. I'm glad because I had already purchased my limit of the $10 so now I'm open for these.

Does anyone know if I can sell my eBay gift cards on eBay?

I have the $50 promo from eBay where I am capped out at $50 of selling fees for the whole month of June, so if I can I would convert my money out of Ebay gift cards for now, and put that in my paypal, that might be a good plan for me.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if I can sell my eBay gift cards on eBay?

I have the $50 promo from eBay where I am capped out at $50 of selling fees for the whole month of June, so if I can I would convert my money out of Ebay gift cards for now, and put that in my paypal, that might be a good plan for me.

Thank you for any thoughts.

I don't know of any policy against it. But I assume most people would not be willing to pay face value.

I don't know of any policy against it. But I assume most people would not be willing to pay face value.
I don't know, they might. If they could earn ebucks from it, it wouldn't really be paying face value and would eliminate one step from the churning process.

I have sold a few target gift cards this month, because I got an offer of selling with only $50 of fees for the month of June. I need to find someone else with this offer and work with them. Lol
I got an offer for $20 fees for June..... I don't really understand what that means for me tho...care to share why that's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter