Disney Genie announcement

Seems like a cash grab to me. Pay for your park ticket, and then to even get access to a service that has been free, it's $15. And then for the best ones, you pay more money. And of course you're already paying for food, drink, etc.

If they knew people wouldn't pay for this, they wouldn't do it. But it makes budgeting for a trip that much harder

I'm still kinda hoping this is only the first iteration of this and they'll at least make the non- individual passes free for resort guests.

I will say my spouse now says, after this change, he never wants to go back. We almost went on our May 2021 trip (we have 1 day nonexpiring tickets), but the entertainment was closed, so we didn't want to "give more for less" (since the payment was done with old Disney reward credit)...now, I'm gonna have to think if I'm gonna save these tickets til cheap-o Chapek is gone...
honestly i can see this issue as being a serious marital issue. one partner wants to do it, one doesn't , argument over disney ensues. one quits disney, one wants to hang on. argument ensues. plus the argument over who is waking up at 7 a.m. if you're interested in participating as a resort guest in this program. are we taking turns? are we getting up together? too many conversations and decisions, it shouldn't be so difficult to enjoy your vacation. people work hard, they want to have fun, not argue with their spouse. what a shame.

Based on you only being able to buy 2 headliners per day I see this as a positive, if there are more than 2 headliners in a park it will make it to where there are less fastpasses in line in front of you than before. Now parks have to have 3 headliners or more for this to happen. If it does though then overall those lines will be shorter for standby people than they have been since fastpasses became a thing.

A miserable morning for mom while everyone else is still sleeping. At least this is how it works in this family. I’m the one that spends months out planning and then I get the bad end of the stick While on vacation not being able to relax but instead being our family’s concierge service.
And don't forget the added misery of failing to get the ride one kid requested because you scheduled the other kid's ride first☹

Based on you only being able to buy 2 headliners per day I see this as a positive, if there are more than 2 headliners in a park it will make it to where there are less fastpasses in line in front of you than before. Now parks have to have 3 headliners or more for this to happen. If it does though then overall those lines will be shorter for standby people than they have been since fastpasses became a thing.
The “3 headliners per park” really only works at MK though. The other parks don’t really have enough rides to make the Genie+ level worthwhile if you take out 3 rides.

Hagrid's is an incredible ride, we absolutely loved it! And Velcoicoaster....one of the worst theme park rides in the last 30 years??? Seriously....no words other than....IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!
People: USP is Universal Studios Park. The one park. UO is the entire resort.

The two most recent rides at USP are Fallon and Fast & Furious, which is what I was calling two of the worst theme park rides in the last thirty years. I wasn't talking about Hagrid's or Velocicoaster, which are both amazing (when Hagrid's is actually working).

I was specifically talking about the fact that one of UO's two main parks has been widely neglected for fifteen-plus years (not unlike how Epcot was neglected for decades).

Is Disney trying to “help” everyone get at least one ride on the headliners? Was this a big complaint from guests? That they couldn’t get a FP and standby was 3 hours for certain rides. With LL you have to pay for the FP which may reduce standby wait time. Instead of a 3 hour wait for FOP it may be an 1.5 hours and those folks who couldn’t ride before may wait in that line instead.

Disney has to think this will improve guest experience for a large portion of guests. They wouldn’t roll something out knowing it don’t work and that it’ll crash and burn.
Not so sure about that anymore regarding crash and burn....think NBA Experience at Disney Springs.

honestly i can see this issue as being a serious marital issue. one partner wants to do it, one doesn't , argument over disney ensues. one quits disney, one wants to hang on. argument ensues. plus the argument over who is waking up at 7 a.m. if you're interested in participating as a resort guest in this program. are we taking turns? are we getting up together? too many conversations and decisions, it shouldn't be so difficult to enjoy your vacation. people work hard, they want to have fun, not argue with their spouse. what a shame.

Idk, I wonder if those situations will be balanced out by how many couples are like us, where one person is the crazy type A planner type and the other one is cool with whatever, the “just tell me when to show up” type. My gf is so laid back I could tell her we gotta get up 4am and do the ice bucket challenge to get into a park and she’d be fine as long as she got her dole whip on time

People: USP is Universal Studios Park. The one park. UO is the entire resort.

The two most recent rides at USP are Fallon and Fast & Furious, which is what I was calling two of the worst theme park rides in the last thirty years. I wasn't talking about Hagrid's or Velocicoaster, which are both amazing (when Hagrid's is actually working).

I was specifically talking about the fact that one of UO's two main parks has been widely neglected for fifteen-plus years (not unlike how Epcot was neglected for decades).

But Bourne is the most recent attraction at the Studios...and that's amazing...so your post still didn't make any sense...and yeah, I get it...keeping up with Universal and all its openings is getting hard b/c they just like to keep things fresh...

(And while I agree on F&F, Fallon is really fun and the best attraction pre-experience done with the history and set up, so again, not feeling the post:)...

Sorry just waking up to this today and have not read all 33 pages of comments......we are going to Disney for 10 nights in December. Can I buy the $15 option for select days or do I need to buy it for all 10 days?

But Bourne is the most recent attraction at the Studios...and that's amazing...so your post still didn't make any sense...and yeah, I get it...keeping up with Universal and all its openings is getting hard b/c they just like to keep things fresh...
Bourne is a show, not a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter