Disney Fantasy August 13, 2016 Eastern

hello everyone.
We are the Dillman family from Pittsburgh. Me and Dh (37) DS(15) DS(11) DS(7) these will be are ages at time of sailing. We are super excited and cant wait for this cruise. It will be our 6th. So sad no 2015 trip is planned but there is still time. We would love to participate in the fe? they are always fun. This will be our second time on the fantasy. We like the dream and fantasy better than the magic never been on wonder. THat is our personal opinion. We usually cruise in Sept but DS doesn't want to miss highschool so we booked a late summer cruise. Hoping crowds in florida will be low so we can stop by the parks before coming home.
Have you been on the Magic since it was renovated? It is really nice. It is my favorite ship and the AquaDunk is really neat. You stand in a tube and the floor drops out and down you go! I like the fact that they can do more entertainment in the restaurants because of the way they are set up. Once the Wonder is renovated it will be nice too.

Hi everyone! So while we have been to Disney umpteen times, this is our 1st Disney cruise. There are 11 of us ranging from 5 to 70! Feeling clueless as there is SO much info out there! Know no matter what it will be magical!

Hi! We are very excited for our first family cruise! And first Disney cruise for all four of us - myself, my husband and our son (10) and daughter (5)! We have been to St. John, USVI twice before, so we're also excited about the Caribbean excursions. It's just so beautiful! Can't wait!

Hello,
This is our 3rd Disney Cruise & the first time on the Fantasy & we are very excited! My husband (Matt) and I (Kristen) will be traveling with our 9 yr old daughter (Kaedence). My mom, sister & nephew will also be on this trip on the floor below ours. :)

Interested in FE group if one gets organized.

We are very interested for FE.

It appears there is no Fish Extender group set up here on DISboards for your cruise. If anyone is interested in setting one up - here's a little info:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

I don't mind doing it. Any suggestions on what to name the group on DISboards?

Hello! This will be our family's first Disney cruise and we are thoroughly excited. We are lifelong disney fanatics, and visit Disney World every couple years. Myself and my husband, my 18 yo daughter and my 11 yo son will be in a Veranda room which I'm totally excited about. I've stumbled upon the fish extender thing and am interested in participating, so any info is appreciated. Also any tips or tricks anyone wants to share will be appreciated as well. Since my daughter is older, I'm wondering if there will be a significant amount of "kids" her age, since she is outside of the teenager groups. Do these groups actually meet up on board? That would be great to meet up with people! Thanks!

Hi Everyone. This will be our 5th cruise with DCL, our second on the Fantasy. I'm a single dad, with two daughters 13 and 11. Even though the cruise is 5 months away, we're getting more excited as the weeks go by! Booked a year ago when we were on the Dream. Looking forward to Tortola although haven't decided on what Port Adventure to take. We had a blast doing the Zip Line adventure on St. Thomas last year. Maybe zip line or the Bath's on Tortola. We love the Fantasy and all there is to do on board - Aqua Duck, Edge and Lab, movies, and just relaxing in the sun (Dad).

Hello! This will be our family's first Disney cruise and we are thoroughly excited. We are lifelong disney fanatics, and visit Disney World every couple years. Myself and my husband, my 18 yo daughter and my 11 yo son will be in a Veranda room which I'm totally excited about. I've stumbled upon the fish extender thing and am interested in participating, so any info is appreciated. Also any tips or tricks anyone wants to share will be appreciated as well. Since my daughter is older, I'm wondering if there will be a significant amount of "kids" her age, since she is outside of the teenager groups. Do these groups actually meet up on board? That would be great to meet up with people! Thanks!
Hello there, My family and I will be on the same cruise and I have an 18 year old daughter as well. Maybe we can meet up somewhere and introduce them.

Hello there, My family and I will be on the same cruise and I have an 18 year old daughter as well. Maybe we can meet up somewhere and introduce them.

Hi there! Yes, that would be great! I posted regarding "what is there to do for 18 year olds". Apparently there is something called the 1820 society thats targeted at the 18-20 year olds. It sounds like its a pretty informal group and that its only announced once we check in (on the navigator). I told my daughter about it, so I'm sure she will check it out.

Hi! My daughter (will be 17) and I will be on this cruise - both first time cruisers on Disney or any other cruise line, altho we love Disney World! I've been reading about FEs and would be interested in joining.

I am in the process of booking this cruise. This will be our 15th so I can answer any questions you have. I am curious about the FE as there is nothing formally arranged. I can help if needed. We are 2 adults and a 16 year old boy. Not sure if my 19 year old and his girlfriend will be joining us.

I am in the process of booking this cruise. This will be our 15th so I can answer any questions you have. I am curious about the FE as there is nothing formally arranged. I can help if needed. We are 2 adults and a 16 year old boy. Not sure if my 19 year old and his girlfriend will be joining us.
Post #26 has info about setting up a Fish Extender group, if you're interested.

It appears there is no Fish Extender group set up here on DISboards for your cruise. If anyone is interested in setting one up - here's a little info:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

Thanks for all the good info! This being my first cruise, I don't feel qualified to lead the FE group. Hoping someone else is feeling brave??

Hey Everyone!

My name is Melissa this will be my 6th Disney cruise and I will be going with my best friend this is her first Disney Cruise! :yay: I am so excited to be back on the Fantasy I was married in the atrium last May! I would love to join the FE exchange I don't think a list has formally been done??? My last few times participating we just created a google doc so everyone could add their information and then we made groups of either 10 or 20 that worked really well and was easy to update for room changes, etc. and then print out to keep track.

Only 130 days to go! :sail:

Melissa

Hey Everyone!

My name is Melissa this will be my 6th Disney cruise and I will be going with my best friend this is her first Disney Cruise! :yay: I am so excited to be back on the Fantasy I was married in the atrium last May! I would love to join the FE exchange I don't think a list has formally been done??? My last few times participating we just created a google doc so everyone could add their information and then we made groups of either 10 or 20 that worked really well and was easy to update for room changes, etc. and then print out to keep track.

Only 130 days to go! :sail:

Melissa
Unfortunately, that particular site is also on the "do not post links to" list. Here's the full policy:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Now, if someone wants to maintain the list (however/where ever they want), they can just post a PDF, or photo of the list from there. Just not a direct link.

Unfortunately, that particular site is also on the "do not post links to" list. Here's the full policy:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Now, if someone wants to maintain the list (however/where ever they want), they can just post a PDF, or photo of the list from there. Just not a direct link.

Okay thank you for letting me know :goodvibes

I can start a document if people want to do the FE and I will keep it updated and post screen shoots in here periodically if anyone is interested in that??

Hi Everyone,

Excited to be joining everyone on the August 13th Fantasy cruise...this will be our 4th Disney cruise....2nd on the Fantasy......it will be me, DH and DD(13) and DS(11)...and they are very excited to be sailing once again!

Not sure yet if we'll do the FE...we did it last time and had a lot of fun....just don't know if I'll have time this year....

Hi Everyone,

Excited to be joining everyone on the August 13th Fantasy cruise...this will be our 4th Disney cruise....2nd on the Fantasy......it will be me, DH and DD(13) and DS(11)...and they are very excited to be sailing once again!

Not sure yet if we'll do the FE...we did it last time and had a lot of fun....just don't know if I'll have time this year....

Welcome Aboard !!!! I can't wait for the cruise either its getting close now!

Melissa :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter