• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream October 7, 2016

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
capture-20150916-215015_zpsc3utpafe.png

Anyone else??? We are so excited and counting down already!
Cast of Characters:
::MinnieMo ME: Michelle, SAHM, Homeschooler, Disney Nut & Avid Reader along with Overplanner!
::MickeyMo DH: Sal, Work too hard dad, homeschooling helper, Disney Nut & Master of Fun!
princess: DD11: Smart Girl with a Big Heart & Reader of Books Bigger than her!
:earsboy:DS10: Serious and Studious Boy with a heart of gold! Creator, Inventor & Builder!
:earboy2:DS8: Class clown that would do anything to make you smile!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread is for BOTH Chatter & FE! The FE list is closed for now, but please join us to talk about the cruise if you would like!!
THIS IS THE FINAL LIST!
This list is NOW CLOSED to any additional people wanting to join a FE.
****************************************************************************************
Rules:
There are no rules. Seriously. I don't like to micromanage these lists and just want everyone to have fun. There is no minimum or maximum to spend, there is no requirement that it be handmade or store bought. These are gifts you only have to deliver once and can either be one for each person in the cabin or a cabin gift. You can deliver on any day you wish to deliver, but I would not wait for the day we get off the ship, because we all get off super early and some may abandon their rooms before you even begin delivery.
Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. @[U][COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]DisneyMommyMichelle[/COLOR][/U] 2A,3K(11G,10B,9B) STATEROOM 6106 (2)
2. @[U][COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]DisneyLovin'VillainMommy[/COLOR][/U] -
2A,1K(8B) STATEROOM 7504 (1)
3. @[U][COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]Hillfamily4[/COLOR][/U]
2 adults, 2 kids(12B&10B)STATEROOM 2042 (2)
@[U][COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]Tfiore[/COLOR][/U] 3A, 2K(13B&9G) STATEROOM 11006 (2)
5. @hillfam 2A, 2K (14B & 10B) STATEROOM 6544 (2)
6. @Millers800 - 2A,2K (22G&12G) STATEROOM 7034 (2)
7. @[U][COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]yasminern[/COLOR][/U] - 2A, 2K (9B&7B) STATEROOM 8070 (1)
8. @[COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]chelleybug08[/COLOR] -2A, 1K (9B) STATEROOM 9548 (2)
9. @[U][COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]viajoycomo[/COLOR][/U] - 2 adults STATEROOM 7190 (2)
10. @[COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]TamAnnKeen[/COLOR] 2A,2K(10G,4B)STATEROOM 7150 (1)
11. @[COLOR=rgb(128, 255, 0)]amysmith282[/COLOR] 2A, 2K (10G, 5B)STATEROOM 9660 (1)

G= Girl
B= Boy
(1) = 1st dinner seating
(2) = 2nd dinner seating

Last edited:
I am going as well taking 6 kids. Three 15 year olds and 6,8,and 11. 4 boys 2 girls. It will be 4 adults so 10 in all. I cant wait I was hoping to get the Schedule of the halloween on the high seas its looks so fun. Do any of you guys know what seating you are wanting yet?

Last edited:

Awesome to see people joining us!!! We just got back from a 2.5 week road trip to the East Coast and Canada! We are doing the evening seating, it's our preferred one on cruises :)

Hi everyone! We just booked a few days ago! It will be me, my husband, and our 4 kids; DS 11, DD10, DS 6 , and DD 4. We were originally going to go to WDW, but decided to try Halloween on the High Seas instead since we have been to MNSSHP several times. This will be our second Disney cruise but we have not been on our first Disney cruise yet, lol. Our first is scheduled for Spring Break 2016.

Right now we have main dining, we are going to see how that works out in April. If it is too early, we will change to late. I have a feeling it will be too early. But it will be easier to change from main to late than the other way around, right?

Yes, I going to be easier to switch to later than to switch to earlier. The earlier is full of families with young children and tends to be more boisterous in our opinion, it is also the more popular of the 2.

Just booked for this sailing. Will be my husband and 2 kids (5yr and 10yr). This will be our second time on the dream but my son's first time since I was pregnant with him on the last one. We are very excited!

Booked for a family vacation to celebrate niece's 7th birthday (she turns 7 on October 7!)! Our room will be me, boyfriend, and his daughter (10). Also going with our group is bf's brother, sister-in-law, and their three girls (including the birthday girl), plus grandmas. Can't wait! This is my first Disney cruise and I can't wait for some magic! :tink:

Hi everyone! I just booked this a week ago. It was a spur of the moment thing since my aunt told me that she was going with her husband and their children. My grandmother(her mother) and my grandmothers husband are also going. So I decided to get my boyfriend on board. We will also be taking my 9 year old niece. This will be everyones first Disney Cruise and we are very excited. I'm also making this cruise a late birthday celebration for me. I turn 31 on September 23rd!

I just booked this sailing! :) It will be myself and my sister - no children or husband! No special celebrations other than it's a girls trip. This will be my sister's first Disney cruise. :) I've been on the Wonder and Magic and am excited about sailing on the Dream! Can't wait!

Hi all!!! I am just back from 3 months in Mexico and ready to focus on this trip as our next big trip! I cannot wait and I must say my kids are very excited as well! Starting next month I will begin our Mickey Mail countdown in which something cruise related arrives once to twice a month in the mail until we are down to 1 month and then something arrives every week and then on our last week something arrives daily. It can be anything from paperwork to luggage tags, to door décor or new shirts...etc...

How do you countdown? Is anyone else tacking on a trip to their cruise? We are doing skipping WDW (GASP) this year as we just went last year and the whole Mexico thing of course! Instead we are doing 4 days a Universal and then 1 at the Space Center and on the way home we are doing 2 days in St. Augustiine, which is our wind down stop every trip :)

We just had our cruise booked for Oct. 7, 2016 and we are so excited!!! It will be nice to get away and enjoy some of our fav Disney adventures! I have head so much about the Fish Extenders. (My first Disney cruise we didn't know about :sad1: so trying this time!) So we are all new to the Fish Extenders and 2 new Disney Cruise Adventures are going with me, my husband and son (7)have never been on a cruise so I'm excited that we can make their first ones on the Disney Cruise.
SL: (myself) Disney Addict, passholder, Lover of the villains, Star Wars, Sleeping Beauty, Chip & Dale and actually everything Disney:maleficen
AL: (Husband) Very much in to Star Wars (all his life actually), Kid at heart, fav Disney movie The Lion King, Fav Disney Costume was when he dresses as Hades :chewy:
JL: (8 when we sail) Very active little boy, loves Dinosaurs, Legos, Star Wars, Octonauts, & Mickey & the Fab 5. Grew up watching Disney Channel/Junior.:stitch2:

So excited I cant wait to learn more about Fish Extenders and for our trip!
:thanks:

Does anyone have info on fish extender group?

cant wait to learn more about Fish Extenders
It appears that there is no Fish Extender group set up here on DISboards for your cruise. In case someone's interested in setting one up:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISBoards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibility, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

YAY! How exciting! It seems that all 3 of my kids will most likely be in the kids club with your son! My daughter is old enough for THE EDGE tween club, but really wants her brother with her, who will be 1 month shy of turning 11...so he cannot join her, so they will be in the lab together with the youngest who is 8!

I am hoping to do a FE this trip as well! We've always had one, but just for travelling with friends and we exchanged notes and gifts with them, we've never done it officially with the DIS or anything like that before, so this should be fun!

Thanks for the info PrincessSchmoo! If no one else wants to step up and lead it all, I can definitely offer to do it. I have zero experience doing it though, so we will all learn together! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter