Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Cruisers!

Welcome to the newcomers!

Pixie Dust for Nate!

Have a great day all!

For planning purposes, just wondering which day we will be doing the stateroom tour?

Blessings! Lin

That is awesome! Congrats. Keep us up to date as to how it was. I am on the Maiden and back to back on the 1/30 cruise

For planning purposes, just wondering which day we will be doing the stateroom tour?

Blessings! Lin

How about if we do it at 1 p.m. on our sea day? That would give our stateroom hosts/hostesses to clean our rooms (and we could warn them) and right after lunch before afternoon activities start.

Any thoughts?

Hey Elaine------------

Are you planning an INAUGURAL PJ BREAKFAST ON OUR SEA DAY, SAY LIKE AT 8 A.M.?

You are the queen of the PJ Breakfast, so I thought I'd ask. Daniel is on the Dream so I could give him a heads up before we get on the inaugural cruise and a tentative idea of how many people.

Anyway, give us your thoughts!

Is Remy really going to cost $75 per person? If so,I will definitely eat elsewhere this time. Is Palo still $20? Since this is a new ship, I can try all the new places.

Can't wait.

Peg

Is Remy really going to cost $75 per person? If so,I will definitely eat elsewhere this time. Is Palo still $20? Since this is a new ship, I can try all the new places.

Can't wait.

Peg

As for Remy, apparently so. Palo is $15/pp, not $20.

HTHs!:thumbsup2

Sheila - Platinum will be 12th and 13th Cruise, Anthony - Platinum 11th and 12th Cruise, Brittani - Gold 9th and 10th Cruise
(First Dinner Seating):thumbsup2

Hey - another Dallasite! Welcome!

(OK, I'm really in Irving, but I work in Dallas, so that counts!) :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone... and the COUNTDOWN to our cruise is ON!

Somehow I can no longer call it the Inaugural Cruise, but it will definitely be...

:goodvibes OUR CRUISE! :goodvibes

If DCL is kind... they will be sure the "advertized" Inaugural sailing will receive something which no other sailing receives...

Yesterday was way to stressful with the pandamonium of platinum members booking at once. I am in agreement that DCL is holding back some of the brunch ressies for both Gold and Silver as well as on board booking, and think everyone will be rushing to book this venue once on board. We did snag a dinner at Palos. We wanted to try because it's a free perk. I was unaware that Platinum members are "guaranteed" a slot for a Palos dinner... I never heard that one, only that if you book one it's "free."

We were hoping for brunch, as it is a favorite to go with friends and oooh and aaah over all the great arrangements of foods, laughing, giggling, and smiling the whole time. :thumbsup2

All in all we are very happy just to be able to go.

Somehow I can no longer call it the Inaugural Cruise, but it will definitely be...

If DCL is kind... they will be sure the "advertized" Inaugural sailing will receive something which no other sailing receives...

Yesterday was way to stressful with the pandamonium of platinum members booking at once. I am in agreement that DCL is holding back some of the brunch ressies for both Gold and Silver as well as on board booking, and think everyone will be rushing to book this venue once on board. We did snag a dinner at Palos. We wanted to try because it's a free perk. I was unaware that Platinum members are "guaranteed" a slot for a Palos dinner... I never heard that one, only that if you book one it's "free."

We were hoping for brunch, as it is a favorite to go with friends and oooh and aaah over all the great arrangements of foods, laughing, giggling, and smiling the whole time. :thumbsup2

I heard that nothing was held back yesterday and there would not be reservations available onboard.

I heard that nothing was held back yesterday and there would not be reservations available onboard.

For all specialty dining??? That would stink!!!! :sad2: But you know what, it's going to be cool to be on the new ship. Worse case scenario, I'll have to do Remy and Palo when I go in June!!!:rotfl:

Thanks for the update Tracy. What disappointing news for everyone! :confused: If that is really the case, it would be a first with DCL, and would not be well received by their guests.

They should post that information on their website as well as greying out the Remy button instead of letting you select it only to be told there is nothing available.

Thanks again for sharing what you were told!

You still have to book Palo's and it's free. You are not guaranteed a spot, just because Platinum level. I talked with DCL Management yesterday and they said every last spot was filled and there are no new openings for Gold, Silver or onboard. For what that's worth.:headache:

Peter,

What time? We also got Palo the last night @7.

Bob

Did not book it, just check again minutes ago and they have 3 slots for party of 2 the first night of the cruise! :confused3

BRUNCH NADA
Remy Nada

Seaulater - 1 p.m. on sea day would work for us. Wonder if it will interfere with any lucky enough to get the Palo brunch? (No idea of the times on that meal!)

Lin

You still have to book Palo's and it's free. You are not guaranteed a spot, just because Platinum level. I talked with DCL Management yesterday and they said every last spot was filled and there are no new openings for Gold, Silver or onboard. For what that's worth.:headache:

Thanks... someone had poster earlier that they didn't have to book Palos because they were Platinum... that didn't sound right to me. Glad you confirmed it. You always have to book in order to have a reservation.

Very disappointing about no more openings. I'm positive folks will still be inquiring when they board the ship... I am seeing lines just as they were on the Magic that first day! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter