Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I logged on at 12:5 and there were Palo ressies open first day and CC day for dinner (didn't really want those times) but Brunch and High Tea were not available.....nothing available for Remy either....so, for all my efforts last night and rushing back home today, all I got was float and bike rentals at CC that I could have booked on the island when I got there!!! I guess it's one less thing off my list.

I will keep checking back for brunch ressies...would prefer that to dinner (I guess everyone had the same idea!!).

I will also check onboard....which was stated online that changes for dining can be made at the Guest Services desk (did not have a lounge listed like on Magic and Wonder).

Time for lunch! I'll pop back later.

MJ

I'm so sorry all of you are having problems with making your reservations. I just can't believe it's all booked. I tend to believe that once again it is computer problems. I won't be competition for you on the MV cruiseif that makes anyone feel better but I might try and snag a Palo on the following cruise. We turn platinum after the second one. Hang in there.

Haven't been on a Disney Cruise since 2007 Med and I remember staying up to 3-4 am so I could book our excursions to Rome, Florence, etc. Good times, Good times..........:lmao:

I hope our new friends were able to get something booked for their efforts.

I did payoff our cruise last night so I am celebrating inside. DW flew to Warsaw, Poland for work yesterday so I had to dance alone. :banana:

7:50 pm in Nassau. Didn't want to do the dinner at both as our friends will only be on the Maiden and want them to experience all three dining rooms. We'll do Palo dinner (and looks like brunch) on the 1/30 sailing.

Good post - reason not to be disappointed if I do not get Remy or Palo - new cruise ship, new resturants.....:goodvibes And there are 16 clubs or lounges....who needs to eat?

Have basically assumed there will be no brunch for us, even though we are golden. I love it, even more than dinner, but with only one sea day - I not be disappointed but rather will use it to see the ship. Of course "I WANT TO DO IT ALL"....we will see.....

Note to self, make final payment.

Managed to book both Palo (for dinner) and Remy....according to DCL brunch bookings were gone by 12:05....apparently all platinum members went for brunch first as they are guaranteed dinner reservations by being platinum...either way I'm on cloud nine:cloud9:

How do I join the Lanyard list? Sorry to be a dummy!
We are on the Maiden Voyage and Back-to-Back on 1/30 as well.:dance3::dance3:

How do I join the Lanyard list? Sorry to be a dummy!
We are on the Maiden Voyage and Back-to-Back on 1/30 as well.:dance3::dance3:
Post the names of the traveling party and Ken will do the rest!
I will add you to the roster.

Click link in my signature , and provide the info!

Sheila - Platinum will be 12th and 13th Cruise, Anthony - Platinum 11th and 12th Cruise, Brittani - Gold 9th and 10th Cruise
(First Dinner Seating):thumbsup2

I have to admit that I know nothing about the game, just that her friend Hayden is the voice. She is also the voice of one of the wolves in the new movie Alpha and Omega and a slew of other acting gigs.

MJ

Wasn't she also the cheerleader in Heroes!!

any young adults going me and my sister will be 20 !!

My daughter will be 20 on the cruise.

When I originally booked last year, I had to book a specific category and cabin - but I think the inventory is loosening up as the PIF date draws nearer. When I noticed some lower categories available, my DU travel agent was able to 'downgrade' me to a lower category cabin in the same general style (verandah). It might be worth a call for you to see if a lower category is available now. You may have to go into GTY, but for me, the almost $200 savings was worth it!

I booked the cruise at around the 7 day mark and asked what the cheapest room would be at that time. I ended up getting a GTY 11B. I thought this wasn't bad, so I grabbed it. I'm paying more for this four day, than I am for my 6 day LA-Vancouver repo.

Strange online booking as usual for DCL.

Thanks to work meetings didn't get a chance to get on-line until about 12:40. No Remy or brunch showing. Did get Palo on the last night.

Then decided to check brunch once again and, wow, brunch showed available at 11:30 so grabbed that.

Checked Remy again and, wow, now showing slots available on the first night so grabbed that as well.

This all occured between 12:40 and 1 pm.

Don't know if it was just the way they were being loaded or if folks were cancelling reservations they had just made (there seemed to be too many time slots available for that to be the reason).

Never did see any tea slots available.

Bob

Congrats to those of you that were able to get reservations.

Can someone refresh my memory -- Is Palo on the Dream larger? If not, then I can see that this will be a continuing issue......

Good morning everyone! I've been incognito for a while...Busy, busy, busy!

Our only grandbaby, 3 years old, has been going through a lot of medical testing as we're trying find the cause for his mini seizures. We will get the results from the tests a week from this Friday. Please remember Nate in your thoughts and prayers as we're very concerned.

And we're remodeling too! Boy that's a trip! But after 20 years the house needed an update.

I don't know if we're going to try so much for PALO brunch on the 13th or wait and try for it for the second cruise of our B2B. We'll probably come closer to getting it then.

Carol and Doug, pahrumpgirl, are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks and we'll work on our FE gifts then so I guess we're pretty much on track!

I still can't believe we're on the (cough, cough) inaugural! Both our DHs told us there was no way they'd go on the new ships until all the bugs were worked out. Two thoughts here: hopefully there won't be any BUGS and this just sets them up for the inaugural on the Fantasy!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Evening everyone .. we just got back from 9 nights at WDW staying at Saratoga. Ended up being an exceptionally expensive holiday as we bought DVC!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Won't be using the points for DCL as most people tell us it's not a good use of points .. if anyone wants to give more advice, please feel free,the more info the better!

Only 3 months to go then until we're on the Dream .. really need to get sorted with the FE gifts!!

Congratulations and WELCOME HOME!! We use our points for cruising and DVC resorts.

True, a lot of people don't like using their points for cruises but remember, the point per cruise price includes meals. And, it's very nice paying our $95 to book and we're done!

To each his own. In fact, we'll be using 1/2 points, 1/2 cash for the 2011 DVC members' cruise.

Either way you use them, enjoy!

We usually use our points for WDW because the category we book on DCL usually works out to be cheaper if paying cash. We are doing inside cabins for the Member cruise on points (hope this works with the virtual porthole because I am claustrophobic and usually need an outside cabin). I think it all depends on your number of points and how you are happiest spending them. :goodvibes

Good morning everyone! I've been incognito for a while...Busy, busy, busy!

Our only grandbaby, 3 years old, has been going through a lot of medical testing as we're trying find the cause for his mini seizures. We will get the results from the tests a week from this Friday. Please remember Nate in your thoughts and prayers as we're very concerned.

And we're remodeling too! Boy that's a trip! But after 20 years the house needed an update.

I don't know if we're going to try so much for PALO brunch on the 13th or wait and try for it for the second cruise of our B2B. We'll probably come closer to getting it then.

Carol and Doug, pahrumpgirl, are coming for a visit in a couple of weeks and we'll work on our FE gifts then so I guess we're pretty much on track!

I still can't believe we're on the (cough, cough) inaugural! Both our DHs told us there was no way they'd go on the new ships until all the bugs were worked out. Two thoughts here: hopefully there won't be any BUGS and this just sets them up for the inaugural on the Fantasy!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Denise, looking forward to seeing you soon. Looks like we might as well wait for the B2B to worry about Palo's. Don't think I want to do Remy's at $75 pp.

Prayers for Nate.

At WDW now. Going to Epcot today. Have had some nasty weather but luckily not when we have been at parks. Hope our luck holds. Will be on the Wonder on Sunday.

Better go. Grandkids want to go to park. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter