Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope you Platinum Cruisers leave some Palo reservations for us Gold members....

I must say I am a little upset about the January 23 sailing and I sure hope that for the money we are paying for the first "official" saling, DCL makes it special for us. I do think that since word is out about the January 23rd sailing that some people would probably cancel this sailing if the deposits had been refundable.

I'm also a little surprised to read about people recently booking the cruise in lower QTY catergories...when we booked (within the first week) we were told we could not book a QTY, we had to book an available category and cabin. I know we ended up paying more than what we wanted to but we booked the lowest category that was available.

It will be interesting to see how "busy" Remy's will actually be if they are charging $75 per person and there is no platinum perk to go like DLC offers for Palo's.

After the initial voyages on the Dream, alot of the families crusing on the Dream will be first time cruisers because of the 3 and 4 day itineraries. Even on the Wonder Palo's is usually pretty open because new cruisers just don't know about it or don't have the time to experience it.

Don't know if I want to pay $75 for me and Jamie to go to Remy's when we get to go to Palo's for free.

Yeah, I just verified w/ DCL when I made a phone pymt and I really :scared1: when he actually said $75/pp. I verified Palo to see if they were jacking that price up, but luckily it is staying @ $15/pp. I guess we'll be doing Palo for free too, unless we view the menu and decide to go for it @ Remy, which I doubt. ;)

Off to check it all out, as we can make our ressies tomorrow! :cool1:

I sure hope you Platinum Cruisers leave some Palo reservations for us Gold members....

I must say I am a little upset about the January 23 sailing and I sure hope that for the money we are paying for the first "official" saling, DCL makes it special for us. I do think that since word is out about the January 23rd sailing that some people would probably cancel this sailing if the deposits had been refundable.

I'm also a little surprised to read about people recently booking the cruise in lower QTY catergories...when we booked (within the first week) we were told we could not book a QTY, we had to book an available category and cabin. I know we ended up paying more than what we wanted to but we booked the lowest category that was available.

:thumbsup2I am so with you on this whole post!!:thumbsup2

I cannot wait to hear how tonight goes for the Platinum cruisers! Good luck to you all!

No teens but just wanted to say that DD's friend is the voice of Kairi in Kingdom Hearts!!

MJ

Oh, my goodness, that's amazing! DS14 loves everything kingdom hearts... and is almost old enough to see what Sora sees in Kairi :lmao:

Bill's not going in to work tomorrow so we can sleep in. I'm staying up since the Packers and Bears are playing on Monday night football :banana:

I get up each morning at 0330 that will be soon enough!

:goodvibes

I just got word that Remy and Palo won't be available at midnight tonight. They won't be available until noon eastern tomorrow. Spa and excursions will be open at midnight though.

let me know who try's any ways! and get shut out LOL :rotfl: :confused3

I just got word that Remy and Palo won't be available at midnight tonight. They won't be available until noon eastern tomorrow. Spa and excursions will be open at midnight though.

let me know who try's any ways! and get shut out LOL :rotfl: :confused3

Where did you get this info from? & Did they say why this is the case?

Just spoke with Meg at DCL and she checked and said that "Palo and Remy for the Maiden voyage of the Disney Dream will be available for booking at 12:00 pm (noon) tomorrow (9/28/10)."

I personally am going to sleep:cloud9:

Please don't kill me if this turns out to be untrue, kill Meg at DCL:laughing:

Good Night!

Oh, my goodness, that's amazing! DS14 loves everything kingdom hearts... and is almost old enough to see what Sora sees in Kairi :lmao:

I have to admit that I know nothing about the game, just that her friend Hayden is the voice. She is also the voice of one of the wolves in the new movie Alpha and Omega and a slew of other acting gigs.

MJ

Maybe they are waiting til noon so they can post more info on dining to allow folks to make more informed decisions.......I know.......I'm an optimist!!

Maybe they are waiting til noon so they can post more info on dining to allow folks to make more informed decisions.......I know.......I'm an optimist!!

Could be, but ya know, DCL has known this date was on the horizon for forever, so there really is no excuse as to why there is a delay, imho. They should have planned better so when the date arrived, they'd be prepared & their Platinum CC Members could book on-time.

My guess is that they want to be open since this will be the first time that there are two options for alternative dining and Remy is new.

Just spoke with Meg at DCL and she checked and said that "Palo and Remy for the Maiden voyage of the Disney Dream will be available for booking at 12:00 pm (noon) tomorrow (9/28/10)."

I personally am going to sleep:cloud9:

Please don't kill me if this turns out to be untrue, kill Meg at DCL:laughing:

Good Night!

12:00 noon really is much better for everyone on the East Coast... Then Disney can have support staff on call for web problems...

That said... Wouldn't it be nice if the Disney Web site for the cruise line
was "almost" half as informative as the Dis Boards!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the heads up on the 12:00 noon time.

Disney... Please provide current information. Your web pages are beautiful, but accurate is the pixie dust, and the cherry on top! :goodvibes

When I originally booked last year, I had to book a specific category and cabin - but I think the inventory is loosening up as the PIF date draws nearer. When I noticed some lower categories available, my DU travel agent was able to 'downgrade' me to a lower category cabin in the same general style (verandah). It might be worth a call for you to see if a lower category is available now. You may have to go into GTY, but for me, the almost $200 savings was worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter