Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going on the Dec 12 trip?

Hi Linda! This one is me and Joe. Due to lots happening (family) we canceled October, not knowing if we we could reschedule. I will give you a call... Right now on the forefront, I'm hoping Joe makes out ok at the Ortho Group tomorrow and doesn't need any treatment for his knee.

Begin online check-in on September 28, 2010.
Start booking onboard fun and Port Adventures on September 28, 2010. Your vacation must be paid in full.

We have received, and successfully processed, your balance payment for your Disney vacation, reservation number:

You can check the status of your reservation, including that this payment has been applied properly, by visiting your Client Services area of our site.

Yipeee

Just an update for those inquiring about Remy...when I was on the phone with DCL concierge for next weeks' cruise, they confirmed that it will be $75 pp. If interested, you will be able to book both Palo and Remy. There is no information on whether the Dream will follow the same dining rotation as the Wonder. Can't wait till the 28th:cool1:

Really $75/pp? That's kind of surprising.

Did anyone see there is a meet and greet for the Jan 23rd sailing of the Dream? Why did I pay so much for the maiden voyage?:sad1:

I just read about that cruise.... I'm not sure if I'm mad or sad....that just doesn't sound fair at all. Of course we all figured that crew & others would be on the voyage across the atlantic, but this sounds like a 3 day cruise & that's upsetting. Does anyone know anything more about this? On the post it states that its travel agents & media, which they should have done a special cruise for them after, not before. Hope this isn't true, because it is ruffling my feathers.

The Jan 23rd cruise includes a lot of travel agents attending the Earmarked convention, it is not for the general public. Ours is the first for the regular joe.

The Jan 23rd cruise includes a lot of travel agents attending the Earmarked convention, it is not for the general public. Ours is the first for the regular joe.

Well, maybe I don't see it quite the same way. It truly isn't the first voyage then, regular joe or not, it's not how they advertised it. Disney feels they can charge higher prices than their other cruises and make the "MV" cruise non-refundable too. Was it non-refundable as a hedge because they figured when customers found out that this wasn't the first cruise... they'd want their money back. Deception at its finest. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney and have spent our vacation money for the past 9 years on Disney vacations.... but I am seriously disappointed now. :sad1:

Well, maybe I don't see it quite the same way. It truly isn't the first voyage then, regular joe or not, it's not how they advertised it. Disney feels they can charge higher prices than their other cruises and make the "MV" cruise non-refundable too. Was it non-refundable as a hedge because they figured when customers found out that this wasn't the first cruise... they'd want their money back. Deception at its finest. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney and have spent our vacation money for the past 9 years on Disney vacations.... but I am seriously disappointed now. :sad1:

I'm feeling the same disappointment! :headache: I hope DCL steps up to make the MV "special" for all of us regular joes.

Good Morning Cruisers!

Georgie - I think there is a separate FE list for this cruise, but we will just use the roster like we usually do. Sorry, we did not get a chance to discuss the BBQ over the weekend, but I will get working on it - I promise!

Have a great day all!

Hi Everyone!

Getting close now. Love the pictures on the board of the Dream!

Anyone else having extra caffeine today to be ready for booking tonight?:rotfl2:

Ready to cruise yet? :goodvibes

Question: Are we having a FE list instead of just using the roster? Thanks! :goodvibes

We're having a separate list this time around. The roaster is the Disboards list, as well as for lanyards. The FE list is for those wanting to participate in the FE..

Hi Everyone!

Anyone else having extra caffeine today to be ready for booking tonight?:rotfl2:

Bill's not going in to work tomorrow so we can sleep in. I'm staying up since the Packers and Bears are playing on Monday night football :banana:

Good Morning Cruisers!

Georgie - I think there is a separate FE list for this cruise, but we will just use the roster like we usually do. Sorry, we did not get a chance to discuss the BBQ over the weekend, but I will get working on it - I promise!

Have a great day all!

I'll add the roster to the mini navigator just like I usually do and then add Nemo next to those who are participating in the FE exchange.

Really $75/pp? That's kind of surprising.

It will be interesting to see how "busy" Remy's will actually be if they are charging $75 per person and there is no platinum perk to go like DLC offers for Palo's.

After the initial voyages on the Dream, alot of the families crusing on the Dream will be first time cruisers because of the 3 and 4 day itineraries. Even on the Wonder Palo's is usually pretty open because new cruisers just don't know about it or don't have the time to experience it.

Don't know if I want to pay $75 for me and Jamie to go to Remy's when we get to go to Palo's for free.

Hi Everyone!

Have not taken enough cruises to be able to book tonight, but EXPECT you will post all the details....:cloud9:

Thank goodness it was mentioned that tonight is the night to book for Platinum.....I knew it was the 28th but kept thinking that it was tomorrow night at 12:01 which would make me a day late!!! LOL!!!

Wish we knew the rotation so we could actually formulate a plan!

MJ

there are some great new pictures from a tour this weekend at the Meyer Werft shipyard! She even got a picture of the radio tower waiting to be installed!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2564348

Here's some pixie dust for getting your preferences on the bookings tonight, Platinum cruisers! (Please leave me a Remy ressie for night 3!)

Have not taken enough cruises to be able to book tonight, but EXPECT you will post all the details....:cloud9:

I will do my best, staying up and then getting to work by 6:00 am (and a day chock full of meetings no less) is going to make me one unhappy camper! But I promise to be nice here :love:

Wrote to DCL today fishing for more Remy details, but no response as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter