Disney Dream Cruise December 1, 2013

Not sure what is the better option...maybe switching the dates altogether!!:rotfl: I don't want to though, DH was already fed up with me trying to pick a date for the cruise!!:goodvibes

Oh I hope not! Your children are close in age to my grandchildren, it would be nice for them all to meet! :)

Oh I hope not! Your children are close in age to my grandchildren, it would be nice for them all to meet! :)

How old are they??:goodvibes I think we will just stick with the dates, and I am not going to mention this little snafu to DH! :lmao: Maybe I will just conveniently plan another park that day!!:goodvibes

How old are they??:goodvibes I think we will just stick with the dates, and I am not going to mention this little snafu to DH! :lmao: Maybe I will just conveniently plan another park that day!!:goodvibes

When we travel, we'll be with my son, 12, my oldest grandson, 9, then my grandaughter who will be almost 6, grandson almost 5 and grandaughter almost 3. :)

I think we're just going to wing it and go anyway and do the Magic Kingdom on the Friday.

Hey guys!

We will be cruising this trip with you!!!

This will be our 4th cruise for this time frame. We really like the week after Thanksgiving because of the nice mild weather. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. It will be myself, hubby and our two daughters (9 & 5 then).

Only 516 days! :banana:

Hey guys!

We will be cruising this trip with you!!!

This will be our 4th cruise for this time frame. We really like the week after Thanksgiving because of the nice mild weather. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. It will be myself, hubby and our two daughters (9 & 5 then).

Only 516 days! :banana:

Hi!:yay:
Maybe our DD's will meet up in the clubs....2 of mine will be the same age then, with my middle being 7 then!:goodvibes

Yay! Welcome and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all before we travel. :banana:

Walt Disney World 2013 prices are going to be available on July 11! You can only book 499 days in advance, so we may have to wait just a few more days before we can book our pre/post cruise WDW stays. Still...SO EXCITED! :cheer2:

Walt Disney World 2013 prices are going to be available on July 11! You can only book 499 days in advance, so we may have to wait just a few more days before we can book our pre/post cruise WDW stays. Still...SO EXCITED! :cheer2:

Ooh, good to know!

This is exciting!:banana: We cannot decide if we want to go in May 2013 also for SWW weekend, and only to WDW for about 4 night after the cruise. OR skip May, and focus on a longer trip to WDW after the cruise instead. I am thinking take the 2 trips instead of one, as I do not think I can wait from Sept 2012 - Dec 2013 to go back!! That is much too long, I think May will be a perfect in between point. But it means both trips at WDW will have to be on the 'cheap'.

Cheap for us a family of five will have to mean POR I think....or maybe AOA.
Anyway, sorry for rambling!;)

I'm in the same boat! I told my husband I'd refrain from visiting WDW until the cruise but I just don't think I can stay away that long. :rotfl2:

We have to plan our vacation time so carefully because we own a family-based business that we really can't get away from for very long or very often. This trip in Dec/2013 is going to be the first family vacation that will be more than 4-5 nights in six years. We might even be closing our business down that week if we have to, but come hell or high water, we're going!! :rolleyes1

I might plan a short 4-5 night trip for just my hubby and son and myself this fall, depending on what kind of promos they come out with. I do get a travel agent discount but I find that doing the free dining offer saves more money in the long run.

On a side note...have you been reading the thread regarding the fight on Pirate night on a recent cruise? It has me wondering that with the ages of our kids if we should skip this altogether. Or maybe just do the early more "family" show? Thoughts? :confused3

On a side note...have you been reading the thread regarding the fight on Pirate night on a recent cruise? It has me wondering that with the ages of our kids if we should skip this altogether. Or maybe just do the early more "family" show? Thoughts? :confused3

No, I haven't been reading it. Are some saying it's not appropriate for little ones? I saw it on the Fantasy in March and I don't remember it striking me as particularly violent.

No, I haven't been reading it. Are some saying it's not appropriate for little ones? I saw it on the Fantasy in March and I don't remember it striking me as particularly violent.

No, the thread is about two fathers that actually got into a fistfight during the show. I don't know what it was about, I think it being very crowded and people jockeying for position maybe. Is there two parts to the pirate night show?? I think this occurred in the later part.

No, the thread is about two fathers that actually got into a fistfight during the show. I don't know what it was about, I think it being very crowded and people jockeying for position maybe. Is there two parts to the pirate night show?? I think this occurred in the later part.

Ugh how awful! What a way to ruin your family's vacation. :sad2:

I didn't have a great view of the party and was sort of preoccupied with the large group that I was traveling with, but from what I recall, there's the "show" part of it where Jack Sparrow rappels down from the stack and saves the ship from the pirates, fireworks, and then a dance party afterwards.

Ugh how awful! What a way to ruin your family's vacation. :sad2:

I didn't have a great view of the party and was sort of preoccupied with the large group that I was traveling with, but from what I recall, there's the "show" part of it where Jack Sparrow rappels down from the stack and saves the ship from the pirates, fireworks, and then a dance party afterwards.

Thanks for the info....well at least I have lots of time to think it over!! LOL!:rotfl:

Boo...sorry Dec 1 peeps, we have moved our cruise to Dec 8. Too freaked out about Pop Warner at WDW, and the possible x-mas parade taping. Also think we have a better chance of discounts at WDW the 2nd week. Sorry...I wish you all lots of pixie dust for a wonderful vacation!!pixiedust:

Boo...sorry Dec 1 peeps, we have moved our cruise to Dec 8. Too freaked out about Pop Warner at WDW, and the possible x-mas parade taping. Also think we have a better chance of discounts at WDW the 2nd week. Sorry...I wish you all lots of pixie dust for a wonderful vacation!!pixiedust:

:eek: Fiddlesticks! :guilty:

Well it was nice to have met you! Drop in and visit anytime....LOL

Ah that's a shame.
Pop Warner?

Please forgive the pun, but unfortunately I'm abandoning ship due to a family wedding scheduled for next December so have cancelled our cruise as we don't know when we might be able to reschedule for at the moment.

So this is me signing off this thread, hope you all have an amazing time :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter