Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

Hi,

Check out post #497 form SKTiger who replied......

I just called and they were able to add another person to the reservation by calling Disney themselves, and Disney did it without charging for an extra person. Just the pixie dust I needed today!

Hope calling Disney works for you and if so please let us know and I'll post a link on the first page.

Have a good weekend.

Samaya

P.S. Just seen that Hollypost has also replied, many thanks.

My sister just happened to be in London on vacation last month so she called Expedia UK and they made the change to our reservation. We were able to add another adult with no charge since only one adult was on the reservation. She called Expedia UK who then called Disney to make the change.

Hi and hope those who've already taken their Disney Expedia vacation had a wonderful time.

Although we're still months away from December when hopefully the UK Expedia room-only offer will be released again I thought it would be interesting to check Expedia's current room only prices and add those to this thread as a reference.

Expedia UK only have rates up to a check-in date of 11th July 2016 and tomorrow I believe it changes to the 12th and so on.....so for those of you who already have dates in mind you might want to check the current rates so to compare against any future offers.

I've listed below the from-room price for 1-night around spring-break time checking-in on Saturday 19th March 2016.

I haven't checked but I expect those prices to be close to Disney's full US rack-rate.

Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Price from:£119 = $186.15

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Price from:£126 = $197.10

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Price from:£168 = $262.81

Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Price from:£175 = $273.76

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Price from:£175= $273.76

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Price from:£188 = $294.09

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Price from:£308 = $481.82

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Price from:£310 = $484.94

Disney's Old Key West Resort

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Price from:£316 = $494.33

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Price from:£324 = $506.84

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Price from:£327 = $511.54

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Price from:£368 = $575.68

Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Price from:£372 = $581.93

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Price from:£384 = $600.71

Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Price from:£387 = $605.40

Disney's Beach Club Villas

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Price from:£393 = $614.79

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Price from:£407 = $636.69

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Price from:£416 = $650.77

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Price from:£427 = $667.97

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Price from:£452 = $708.65

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Price from:£536 = $838.49

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Hotel-Sear...regionId=178294&hotelName=disney's&sort=price

Today's exchange rate is quoted on xe.com at...£1.00 GBP British Pound = $1.56435 US Dollar.

Over the 3-months when it was last on offer the exchange rate fluctuated between $1.475 and $1.5528.

And for those who've yet to take their Expedia Disney vacation, hope all's on plan and have a magical time.

Last edited:
Hi and hope those who've already taken their Disney Expedia vacation had a wonderful time.

Although we're still months away from December when hopefully the UK Expedia room-only offer will be released again I thought it would be interesting to check Expedia's current room only prices and add those to this thread as a reference.

Expedia UK only have rates up to a check-in date of 11th July 2016 and tomorrow I believe it changes to the 12th and so on.....so for those of you who already have dates in mind you might want to check the current rates so to compare against any future offers.

I've listed below the from-room price for 1-night around checking-in on Saturday 19th March 2016.

I haven't checked but I expect those prices to be close to Disney's full US rack-rate.

Disney's All-Star Music Resort

Disney's All-Star Movies Resort

Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Price from:£126 = $197.10

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Price from:£168 = $262.81

Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter
Price from:£175 = $273.76

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
Price from:£175= $273.76

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Price from:£188 = $294.09

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Price from:£308 = $481.82

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Disney's Old Key West Resort

Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Price from:£316 = $494.33

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Price from:£324 = $506.84

Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Price from:£327 = $511.54

Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Price from:£368 = $575.68

Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Price from:£372 = $581.93

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Price from:£384 = $600.71

Disney's BoardWalk Villas

Disney's Beach Club Villas

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Price from:£393 = $614.79

Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Price from:£407 = $636.69

Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Price from:£416 = $650.77

Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Price from:£427 = $667.97

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
Price from:£452 = $708.65

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Price from:£536 = $838.49

http://www.expedia.co.uk/Hotel-Sear...regionId=178294&hotelName=disney's&sort=price

Today's exchange rate is quoted on xe.com at...£1.00 GBP British Pound = $1.56435 US Dollar.

Over the 3-months when it was last on offer the exchange rate fluctuated between $1.475 and $1.5528.

And for those who've yet to take their Expedia Disney vacation, hope all's on plan and have a magical time.
I just hopped over here to see if the dates are open yet.
I booked last year and cannot wait to see what's available this year.!

Thanks for keeping up with this Samaya! We would never have been able to book a Deluxe without this deal. I'm going to keep watching and hoping to plan a big party group for extended family next year:D

Thanks for keeping up with this Samaya! We would never have been able to book a Deluxe without this deal. I'm going to keep watching and hoping to plan a big party group for extended family next year:D

Many thanks and so happy to read the offer allowed you stay in a Deluxe, hope you had/have a wonderful time and yes, fingers crossed for a similar offer come December for 2016.

And just a reminder to those who's credit card charges a foreign currency transaction fee which can be up to 3%.

lost*in*cyberspac in #3 kindly posted a link to a site which list those cards that don't charge a fee, http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-credit-cards/no-foreign-transaction-fee-credit-card/

So in the meantime it might be worth doing some homework on travel reward credit cards with no foreign transaction fees and maybe hold off applying until November as some cards offer bonus points when spending over a certain amount within the first 3-months of opening.

Last edited:

The past two years the best deals seem to be released in February. I'm waiting too:)
Thanks for posting this. I haven't taken advantage of this sale before, so it's good to know that I should keep checking for deals up until our trip at the beginning of March.

The Walt Disney Travel Company in the UK just released their room only offer for 2016, not sure if or when this will result in lower prices on Expedia but worth checking back every few days.

The 2016 offer looks very similar to 2015's so here's hoping it eventually results in Expedia-UK offering similar discounts to what they offer in 2015.

For reference here's the 2016 Walt Disney Travel Company Free nights offer for European residents.

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/deals/free-nights-offer/021/
Stay in a Value or Moderate Resort for between 7 and 13 nights and receive 1 of those nights free or stay for between 14 and 20 nights and receive 2 of those nights free. Stays of 21 nights will receive 3 of those nights free.
Stay in a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort for between 7 and 13 nights and receive 2 of those nights free or stay for between 14 and 20 nights and receive 4 of those nights free. Stays of 21 nights will receive 6 of those nights free.

Offer is available for bookings made between 16 Dec 2015 and 31 Mar 2016 for selected arrivals between 01 Feb - 15 Mar, 03 Apr - 04 Jul, 22 Jul - 17 Dec 2016, inclusive for participating Value Resorts and 01 Feb to 15 Mar and 03 Apr to 17 Dec inclusive for participating Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts.

Stays are subject to room availability.

Eligibility for the Free Night promotion requires minimum length of stay of seven consecutive nights, and a maximum of 21 consecutive nights at the same participating Disney Resort Hotel.

Offer is only available for the booking party in its entirety. For the avoidance of doubt individuals from the booking party are not interchangeable.

The number and type of rooms allocated to this offer are limited. This offer can be combined with other available Disney offers.

Offer excludes: Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Participating Disney Value Resorts Disney’s Art of Animations Resort (excluding The Little Mermaid room types), Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort. Participating Disney Moderate Resorts Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and The Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Participating Disney Deluxe Resorts Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort (excluding Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort), Disney’s Polynesian Resort (excluding Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows), Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (excluding The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ) and Disney’s Yacht Club. Participating Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s Boardwalk Villas, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Last edited:
The Walt Disney Travel Company in the UK just released their room only offer for 2016, not sure if or when this will result in lower prices on Expedia but worth checking back every few days.

The 2016 offer looks very similar to 2015's so here's hoping it eventually results in Expedia-UK offering similar discounts to what they offer in 2015.

For reference here's the 2016 Walt Disney Travel Company Free nights offer for European residents.

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/deals/free-nights-offer/021/
Stay in a Value or Moderate Resort for between 7 and 13 nights and receive 1 of those nights free or stay for between 14 and 20 nights and receive 2 of those nights free. Stays of 21 nights will receive 3 of those nights free.
Stay in a Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort for between 7 and 13 nights and receive 2 of those nights free or stay for between 14 and 20 nights and receive 4 of those nights free. Stays of 21 nights will receive 6 of those nights free.

Offer is available for bookings made between 16 Dec 2015 and 31 Mar 2016 for selected arrivals between 01 Feb - 15 Mar, 03 Apr - 04 Jul, 22 Jul - 17 Dec 2016, inclusive for participating Value Resorts and 01 Feb to 15 Mar and 03 Apr to 17 Dec inclusive for participating Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts.

Stays are subject to room availability.

Eligibility for the Free Night promotion requires minimum length of stay of seven consecutive nights, and a maximum of 21 consecutive nights at the same participating Disney Resort Hotel.

Offer is only available for the booking party in its entirety. For the avoidance of doubt individuals from the booking party are not interchangeable.

The number and type of rooms allocated to this offer are limited. This offer can be combined with other available Disney offers.

Offer excludes: Disney's Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows and The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Participating Disney Value Resorts Disney’s Art of Animations Resort (excluding The Little Mermaid room types), Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort. Participating Disney Moderate Resorts Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and The Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Participating Disney Deluxe Resorts Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Disney’s Boardwalk Inn, Disney’s Contemporary Resort (excluding Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort), Disney’s Polynesian Resort (excluding Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows), Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (excluding The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa ) and Disney’s Yacht Club. Participating Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Disney’s Boardwalk Villas, Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.
Thanks for keeping us updated! :thanks:

I was just looking at room only rates on Expedia tonight for value resorts for October 2016. Expedia rates for Pop standard view were $131.57 vs. $186 on the WDW site. I didn't compare moderates or deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter