Disney discounted room only offer on UK-Expedia; ended 31 March.

This might be in here somewhere but do we (U.S. bookings) get the Disney welcome packet/brochure with magnet if we booked through Expedia UK? And when it's time for Magic Bands to ship they'll come so long as MDE is a U.S. address, correct?

Thanks

This might be in here somewhere but do we (U.S. bookings) get the Disney welcome packet/brochure with magnet if we booked through Expedia UK? And when it's time for Magic Bands to ship they'll come so long as MDE is a U.S. address, correct?

Thanks
I originally booked bounce back through Disney both years I've used Expedia UK, so I think my welcome booklets came for the Disney-booked stays. The magic bands, however, are definitely shipped to you if you're in the U.S and you customize them. Make sure you change your address when you are customizing them, though; the default shipping address will be a Texas address for Expedia.

I originally booked bounce back through Disney both years I've used Expedia UK, so I think my welcome booklets came for the Disney-booked stays. The magic bands, however, are definitely shipped to you if you're in the U.S and you customize them. Make sure you change your address when you are customizing them, though; the default shipping address will be a Texas address for Expedia.

I just read on another thread that you should receive the booklet any way you book. I haven't received mine - I booked about 3 weeks ago for our trip in November. At what point do they send it typically? We booked direct our first and only trip so I'm not sure what's typical. It's really not that big of a deal but it's nice to have.

I received the welcome book with all the info about 3-4 weeks after booking with Expedia uk. It did not have the magnet in it but it did have a page with the dates we could start booking things. I think maybe their not doing the magnet anymore?

I looked at all the links on the front page and didn't see my question. How do I add an extra adult to an existing reservation?

I looked at all the links on the front page and didn't see my question. How do I add an extra adult to an existing reservation?

Call Disney Resort Reservations, I added people to our rooms without any issues.

Hi,

Check out post #497 form SKTiger who replied......

I just called and they were able to add another person to the reservation by calling Disney themselves, and Disney did it without charging for an extra person. Just the pixie dust I needed today!

Hope calling Disney works for you and if so please let us know and I'll post a link on the first page.

Have a good weekend.

Samaya

P.S. Just seen that Hollypost has also replied, many thanks.

Can anyone elaborate on how to add an extra adult? I called yesterday reservations and wholesale and both said I needed to contact Expedia to add an adult. Staying at Yacht Club which sleeps 5 adult.

Can anyone elaborate on how to add an extra adult? I called yesterday reservations and wholesale and both said I needed to contact Expedia to add an adult. Staying at Yacht Club which sleeps 5 adult.
There's an extra charge for each adult beyond two. Expedia needs to make that change for you, since you have to pay them.

Yikes. How much is the extra charge? Can this be done without cancelling my reservation, the price has gone up quite a bit since i booked earlier this year.

I just read on another thread that you should receive the booklet any way you book. I haven't received mine - I booked about 3 weeks ago for our trip in November. At what point do they send it typically? We booked direct our first and only trip so I'm not sure what's typical. It's really not that big of a deal but it's nice to have.

We're going mid November and got the customized booklet with dates yesterday. No magnet though.

Does anyone else have the absolute worst time with Expedia UK's customer service? I feel like I can never get an informative response from them!

I posted a while back about never receiving my booklet (SUCH a minor detail, I know! But it's the principle!) Well shortly after that post I had someone "look into it" for me. I guess they were hoping I'd forget? Well I sent an email AGAIN last week. They just replied today with an apology for the delayed response. Their answer? A REPLY from Disney's wholesale representative simply stating our reservation number and dates. What the heck? That had nothing to do with my inquiry. It's almost laughable now.

I know you're all thinking how minor this is and there are plenty of other things to worry about but I and my kids get giddy over simple little things like that! I just wish they'd give me a clear answer.

Does anyone else have the absolute worst time with Expedia UK's customer service? I feel like I can never get an informative response from them!

I posted a while back about never receiving my booklet (SUCH a minor detail, I know! But it's the principle!) Well shortly after that post I had someone "look into it" for me. I guess they were hoping I'd forget? Well I sent an email AGAIN last week. They just replied today with an apology for the delayed response. Their answer? A REPLY from Disney's wholesale representative simply stating our reservation number and dates. What the heck? That had nothing to do with my inquiry. It's almost laughable now.

I know you're all thinking how minor this is and there are plenty of other things to worry about but I and my kids get giddy over simple little things like that! I just wish they'd give me a clear answer.

I'm not sure you'd get the Disney booklet from Expedia? Wouldn't that come from Disney itself? I would call WDW - I doubt Expedia even knows what you're talking about?

I didn't get a booklet either but assumed that was because I booked via a third party and not Disney directly. Everything else worked(linking to MDX, making FP+, ordering magicbands), so I didn't pay much attention to the booklet.

I received the welcome book with all the info about 3-4 weeks after booking with Expedia uk. It did not have the magnet in it but it did have a page with the dates we could start booking things. I think maybe their not doing the magnet anymore?

I'm not sure you'd get the Disney booklet from Expedia? Wouldn't that come from Disney itself? I would call WDW - I doubt Expedia even knows what you're talking about?

I've read from various people that they received it even booking through a third party. A couple on this thread alone. It's really no big deal. Just frustrated that Expedia can't just tell me it's not possible. Their responses are awful. I feel like I'm speaking with a 4 year old!

I asked Disney and they said they do send it out but they can't do it. It had to be done through Expedia UK. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter