Disney dining buddy shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an email from DDB about receiving a refund. Interesting, they leave it up to the customer what percentage of the amount they paid they would like as a refund. You choose a percentage than give a reason. Since I never received a notification for my request, I asked for 100%.

I stumbled across them on FB and actually started a thread saying that it was an awesome tool. I got into CRT, BOG and Chef Mickey all the week before Thanksgiving. It got me even more excited to go on the trip and I was able to spend more time and money getting ready for Disney vs hours refreshing the dining page to try and get these reservations. In this day and age why can't Disney send out alerts when dining is open like they did. Makes sense. I am sad that they shut them down.

Just received an email from DDB about receiving a refund. Interesting, they leave it up to the customer what percentage of the amount they paid they would like as a refund. You choose a percentage than give a reason. Since I never received a notification for my request, I asked for 100%.

I would think this would actually violate a Cease and Desist letter because they are transacting after receiving the letter. In cases where money is involved, Im pretty sure no money is to exchange hands unless its a full refund to the customer. The way they are doing this, its allowing them to keep funds or be paid for a service they are no longer able to provide.

I received a Disney Dining Buddy refund email also. I had one active reservation I had received no notifications on, so I requested a full refund.

I got a refund email too. I had one active reservation too so I requested 100% refund. I got another email today saying "A refund in the amount of $8.00 has been credited as requested. Please allow 5-10 business days for the credit to appear on your card."

I would think this would actually violate a Cease and Desist letter because they are transacting after receiving the letter. In cases where money is involved, Im pretty sure no money is to exchange hands unless its a full refund to the customer. The way they are doing this, its allowing them to keep funds or be paid for a service they are no longer able to provide.

If the customer is willing to accept less than a full refund, I can't imagine why it wouldn't be allowed. Plus, whatever the Cease & Desist says is all speculation on our part. They shut their service down, and I can't imagine that Disney would want to take them to court to make them issue 100% refunds to customers who asked for less.

I had a watch, never got the ADR, but I only requested a 50% refund. I figured that DDB did save me time in that for the 2+ months that I had the alert set up because I didn't have to keep checking MDE, so I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask for 100% back even though I didn't get my ADR. They never guaranteed that you'd get an ADR.

I had two requests set up but I didn't ask for my money back. I had them for a while and received a few notifications (which I then missed because I got the email too late) so I figured it was all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter