Disney dangled the visual weinee & Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! 10/26

I love that they added eyes to the planes!

I heard so many horrible reviews on Planes, but my kids really liked it (Ethan LOVED it!!). I thought it was okay, not as good as the first Cars, but that is a favorite of mine anyway.

I thought that it was a cute addition to the otherwise pretty boring planes.

I started watching Planes but then ended up turning it off because I just couldn't get into it.

I really do enjoy the Backlot tour photos. For some reason, we have NEVER been on it. There are always other headliners that end up taking up our whole day when we are at HS. Guess I will never get to go on it at all now. :sad1:

At least I can say I have been on the awesomeness that is Maelstrom... :lmao:

Aww, sad that you didn't get around to it and now it's gone.

Did I tell you to stand up? Sit down! You got told!

Our stomachs were telling us that it was time to eat and Hunter had already put in his request. Betcha can’t guess where we were going! Actually, I bet you can. As a matter of fact, I’d be willing to say that 99.9% of you already know. Yep, we were on our way to Pizza Planet. :rotfl:

At Pizza Planet, there are probably what? Six items on the menu? Two of those being salads, one being a meatball sub and the other being pizzas. John hardly ever orders “just a salad” and he’s not a fan of meatball subs so that meant he was going to order a pizza. For some reason, it took him forever to decide if he wanted a meat pizza, a veggie pizza or a plain cheese pizza. Lucky for us (yes, I am being sarcastic), the line was long so he had all the time in the world to decide. This was so unusual for him because he is not a foodie and really only “eats to fill the hole”.

Our orders were taken and we moved forward and waited on our food. Oh I forgot to tell ya’ll that Hunter had already told us what he wanted and had gone in search of a table. We got our food and Hunter called to say that he had a table upstairs. Up-dang-stairs! :crazy2: Does the boy not remember that the stairs at Pizza Planet freak me the heck out? :sad2: In his defense, I honestly can’t remember if there are even tables downstairs. I am afraid of heights and if I can see down while I am climbing stairs, I almost freeze up. If any of you were at Pizza Planet and you encounter a grown-ss woman walking in the very middle of the stairs, not looking down, not looking side to side but concentrating on carrying her tray and holding herself steady, I am so very sorry. This phobia overtakes me and I can’t help myself. :rolleyes:

Our table was right next to the window and I took a picture of our view:

The castmembers put our meals on two trays and, I have to say, these people really know how to pile the food on without smooshing, gooshing, everything up.:thumbsup2

The pizzas came with caesar side salads but I asked if we could change one to chips and they said not problem so Hunter got chips instead of a salad.

While eating our lunch, we talked about what we should do next. We had Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania a little later and really didn’t want to wander too far off. The Great Movie Ride was an attraction that we hadn’t done yet so it was decided that’s where we would head to. We were cleaning off the table when I saw a family coming up the stairs looking for a place to sit. I motioned to the mother that we were finishing up and they could have our table. I like paying it forward even if it is just something as simple as giving someone our table.

Our walk to The Great Movie Ride was quick and we soon joined the line which was stopped outside. I had never seen the line outside before and even went back out to confirm that the stand-by time said that it was short. It was. The line moved forward slow and steady and we were inside of the air conditioned building in no time at all:

We watched the same old movie clips that have been there since the first time we rode it in 1998. I know that they are classics but can’t they also throw in something more recent. Even something in the 80s, 90s or early 2000s? Kinda off topic but not really but maybe...anyway...I was talking with a friend who used to be on the Dis and I told her that I had an idea for Disney. :scratchin Since the Backlot Tour is closed and the props are probably going to be stored in a warehouse or something, why doesn’t Disney try to incorporate them into The Great Movie Ride? They could probably easily change out the first scene that you see on the ride...a picture is coming up...and put in some of the Chronicles of Narnia props that I posted a picture of earlier. I’m betting there are a lot of scenes that could be changed out without a lot of work. That’s my suggestion to Disney. Maybe I should send them a note and ask them to put it in their suggestion box.

So, after watching snaking our way through the maze of bars, we were soon boarding our, our, our ????? what are they called? Our ride vehicle? In front of us was this big man who was blocking my dang view:

Even though there were still some open benches/seats, the castmembers made us all cram in and they put as many folks on our row that they could. I’m talking we were smashed in there like sardines in a tin can. And, the person next to us had leftovers from their meal that smelled like
they had been carried around in the heat all day long. So, not only did we feel like sardines but we were smelling things that smelled like sardines. :faint:

Between Mr. Big Man in front of us and our guide who stood for a lot of the ride, I couldn’t get a decent picture:

These are the two sections that I was talking about changing into the Chronicles of Narnia (or anything else) scenes:

**Continued in next post

The next three pictures didn’t turn out so good:

We stopped in the gangster scene and a mean old gangster ordered our guide to stop the vehicle and he promptly took over:

And took over he did with the lungs of an African elephant (or whatever else has really really big lungs and makes a loud noise). He screamed every single word that he said and it was annoying. :sad2: At one point, apparently a guest behind us decided to move or stand up or something and the gangster screamed “Did I tell you to stand up? Sit down!” John, Hunter and I said “You got told!” and kind of laughed it off. Then the gangster/guide jumped up from his seat and screamed again “Sit down!” Everybody around us looked at each other like “Is this guy for real or just kidding?” Either he took his job really seriously or he was being a little turdface and abusing his powers as a guide to take out a little frustration. Can we say someone needs a dunk in a vat of pixie dust? :rolleyes2

By the time we reached the part where our guide gets fried and turned into a skeleton, we were all ready for him to get fried and turned into a skeleton. :p Helllllo Mr. You Were Our Original Guide:

Is the Alien scene before or after you get your original guide back? No matter, whenever it was, I tried to get a picture but for some odd reason, we never did see the actual alien trying to come down from the ceiling. ???:confused3

I always think of my Mama when we get to the Wizard of Oz section of the ride. Not because she loves the movie but, rather, because she can’t stand it. She said that when she was younger it was one of the movies that would play over and over and over again and she got so tired of hearing everybody talk about it.

I believe that I was trying to take a picture of what I thought was a hidden Mickey in this next picture. Why else would I have taken a picture without even a single Munckin in it?

Other than the screaming at the top of his lungs and possibly rude gangster, we enjoyed our ride through The Great Movie Ride.

**Up next: I bet she could get a suck on ya that you couldn’t get loose from!

Caught up on your last few posts.

Hooray on good bus karma to and from HS/CBR. Too bad it was not quite good enough for you to see Hunter's debut in the IJ Stunt Show

:(

But good for Hunter- I'm sure it was one of the highlights of the trip for him!

I know just how you feel. During our trip in 2008, my older son Nate was feeling so sick (dehydrated, I think) that we stayed behind on the day Mark and Ben went to HS. Ben was chosen for the Jedi Training Academy. Mark did take a few pictures of that. THEN, since it was Year of a Million Dreams, they took Ben backstage to have his picture taken with the cast. Mark got a picture of this too. Just one picture. He said that was all he needed. He was right!

Thanks for sharing the missing pictures of the Backlot Tour (may it RIP) and Tower of Terror.

I haven't ever been in Pizza Planet, so I don't know what those stairs look like. Sometime, when you are not petrified, you should take a picture and post it.

I don't know what is up with the CMs at the Great Movie Ride. We had the most awkward experience the last time we were on the attraction.

:confused3

I got 100 on your test. I definitely knew you were heading to Pizza Planet because Hunter wanted Pizza. At least it's pretty good there.

I am pretty positive there is an elevator in Pizza Planet. Past the games, on the opposite side from where you get your food.

There are a few tables downstairs at Pizza Planet, though not many. You did have a nice view from your table upstairs!

Too bad you had a nasty gangster CM. They are supposed to have an attitude, but not make you want them to be fried for real! :rotfl2: The Alien scene is during the gangster's takeover, and I remember having the alien not come out for us once too. :confused3

So glad that you all are safe after those storms this week....I thought of ya'll when the weather photos started popping up. Looks rough.....hope all is back to normal soon!

I WON!! :cool1: I guessed that you guys were going to Pizza Planet because of course, Hunter needed pizza!! By the way, as a previous poster said, Pizza Planet has elevators! Ask next time and you won't have climb the scary stairs!

Love your pics of Backlot Studio tours....we will sure miss it! :sad:

Don't you just love it when pictures are hanging out with other pictures out of order? :rotfl2:

Haha, they totally did put eyes on the planes! I've seen Planes. It's a cute movie. Not their best, but I generally love Disney movies as a whole.

I like paying it forward at crowded counter service restaurants too. It's so much nicer to tell someone that your table is available rather than just allowing them to wander around.

ICK to the person sitting next to you on GMR with the food. That's gross.

Well, I am finally caught up again. About 10 pages worth!!

I don't even remember what I was going to comment on, but I have to say good bus karma when you went to get the meds for John. Too bad you missed Hunter's starring role!

I love all your chapter titles! SO funny!:rotfl:

Glad you're all okay after the big storm. Scary stuff.

I got behind but am caught back up! :cool1:

I was totally laughing at your TOT picture where John didn't make the scared face. We have a few pictures from our trip that someone didn't get the memo about the face/look we were going for. HaHa!

What a bummer that you missed Hunters Indiana Jones performance! But Yay for the good bus karma....it seems like you were able to get there and back in record time.

Ah...pizza planet. DH isn't on board but Olivia and I definitely can relate to the Disney pizza love. And while I don't go into complete panic I can see how those stairs could do it. Add carrying an overloaded tray to boot and yikes those stairs!!

We sat upstairs at pizza planet in March but I don't remember the stairs...only that some kids felt they should sit across the way and acted put out when I asked them to move, but I guess the look I gave them made them have second thoughts. :rotfl2:

Dee that picture is just too cute! Skip wouldn't have even taken 1!

I'm sorry I'm slow in getting here for your update, Lisa.

Pizza Planet! Gee, what a surprise. I have to say I HATE all Florida pizza, but it really wasn't all that bad at Pizza Planet (I will not go out of my way to go there though).

Sounds like a not so pleasant Great Movie Ride. I actually think the whole thing needs an overhaul.

The gangster who yelled about the sitting down probably could have done it a bit more calmly. But my guess is that Disney has them making sure everyone is following the rules because of those who have gotten hurt on rides because they DON'T follow the rules and then they blame Disney. I can't remember what ride we were on last month, but I remember someone being told THREE times to sit down.

Sorry you guys had such a horrible storm ! I can imagine the problems it caused with no electric, downed trees and branches.
I have went on the Great Movie Ride probably a dozen times and I still love it. Oh and my favorite parts are Wizard Of Oz :rotfl: and Tarzan.

Bad screaming Gangster yelling goof!!!! what's that about?
Pizza Planet! Not such bad meatballs!! Of course i agree with Kathy. Not a fan of Florida Pizza..

Whoa, scary about the storms. Glad you are all okay.

Love your lost pics. I love the eyes on the planes! And I'm so glad someone knew what that steam roller was from. I knew it looked familiar!

I guessed Pizza Planet too! And though I've never been there, I agree with whomever said they have an elevator. If there is no downstairs seating, they have to have an elevator for wheelchair access. I'm sure you could use it!

Sorry your gangster was a jerk. Seems unnecessary. Oh, and I love the picture of you on the backlot tour!

Oh, and those dresses and backsacks are so cute!

Pizza Planet, of course. So, here is our story. I am NOT a fan of pizza, and my family is very aware of that. EVERY. TIME. we go to HS the kids want Pizza Planet...and they win EVERY. TIME. :sad2: And EVERY. TIME. I cave I make them promise that "next time we will go somewhere else." :thumbsup2 Never happens...:crazy2: Oh, what we mammas do for our youngins! :p They DO have good cupcakes, though! ::yes::

I love the Great Movie Ride.... BUT, I cringe at the scene from Alien every time I go on it. :scared: Me no like scary movies...or scenes from scary movies on fun rides! :lmao:

I think we all guessed Pizza planet! ;) (I have a nephew that pretty much will only eat Pizza so they have eaten there many times, he has actually branched out and will eat hamburgers now too!:thumbsup2 LOL)

We ate there this past trip, too, I thought it was pretty good. The line was out the door to get food though. We ate upstairs, there is a set of stairs in the back that are more closed in and might not be too scary for you, although I wish I knew about the elevator when we were there.

Sorry your Great Movie Ride gangster was so cranky and loud. We were in the front row when we went on it in September, it was weird sitting right next to the driver. I agree that they should make a few changes to the ride and the movie clips in the queue area, they have some newer ones at the end montage, why not the beginning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter