DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

March 3rd, 2013 (Part 5) - Extra Magical Magic Hours!

Here are some more Wishes pictures because I just couldn't get enough! We had such a great spot!

dsc0282ex.jpg

dsc0285se.jpg

dsc0286qd.jpg

These are my favorite fireworks of the whole show:

dsc0287h.jpg

dsc0288tm.jpg

dsc0289ii.jpg

dsc0291ij.jpg

WE PUT OUR FAITH AND HOPE ON A SHOOTING STAR!

dsc0292rt.jpg

Then we went over to Casey's and got hot chocolate. I don't think you all understand how cold it was. Plus when you are outside all day you SERIOUSLY deserve some hot chocolate. I drank mine in like 5 minutes flat. Matt met us at Casey's and we discussed our game plan for the rest of the night. He's staying with us in a few days but his family was currently in Disney staying at the Yacht Club! We planned to meet up with him after Celebrate the Magic so we could all play!

Preston and I went back to watch Celebrate the Magic in the hub. Plus YAY FOR HAVING HOT CHOCOLATE!

img9017d.jpg

Castle pictures!

dsc0295bk.jpg

dsc0297gm.jpg

Preston NEEDED his picture with Chip N Dale. They are his favorites!

dsc0298jw.jpg

Getting ready for the show! (and trying to stay warm)

img9018tv.jpg

img9020gk.jpg

Then it was Celebrate the Magic time!!!!!! This was really the first time I sat there and watched the entire thing and OH MY GOD. It's incredible. I love how they use a paintbrush for the transitions. I LOVE that Wreck it Ralph and Brave are in it. And the Tangled part literally left tears running down my face. Preston said he was even tearing up a little bit. He loved the technical lighting side of it and thought it was incredible!!

dsc0307vh.jpg

Like... we all know I LOVED Magic, Memories, and You. But now Celebrate the Magic just holds a REALLY special place in my heart. AH I love it so much.

I HAD to get a picture with my favorite - Pluto! Gahh I love him so much.

dsc0317dv.jpg

After that we went to Tomorrowland and there was a 5 minute wait for Buzz. Obviously we HAD to go on that. It was Preston's first time on it and he BEAT ME. Curse his video game background.

dsc0319lp.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I can't believe @PrestoVision beat me on Buzz Lightyear his FIRST TIME on the ride. All of these years and built up skill mean nothing.

dsc0324kj.jpg

Then we met up with the crew! It was SPACE MOUNTAIN TIME!!!

We went on and it was seriously one of the most fun space mountain rides I ever experienced. Being on that ride with a group big enough to take up every seat in the rocket is AMAZING - especially when you're great friends from home who aren't usually in Disney all together! We were all screaming and having a BLAST!

I posted on twitter:
Seriously like I don't think there's ANYTHING better than going on Space Mountain with a huge group of crazy friends.

In these two ride pictures we all wanted to do an "awkward wink" to the camera... but it's HILARIOUS because Mark and I are the only ones who knew where the camera was. Everyone else looked the wrong way! :lmao:

dsc0327fg.jpg

dsc0331aj.jpg

Then these are just frumpy:

dsc0332lg.jpg

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil:

dsc0334gv.jpg

We went on it twice, like I said. GAHH it was so fun. We also saw Lindsay doing ride photos after! I'm excited we ran into her and that she got to meet everybody!

Continued in Next Post

March 3rd, 2013 (Part 6) - Extra Magical Magic Hours

Reentering Tomorrowland...

img9034c.jpg

Then Preston and I went to Peter Pan and rode it! We ran into a group of freshman we knew from our school! I swear, EVERYONE is here this week.

img9042z.jpg

Then we went back to Tomorrowland and went on Monsters Inc! That was a great attraction to watch as a group. Unfortunately none of us got chosen but we were all cracking up the whole time!

Then we were going to go on the PeopleMover but it was closed. So we headed towards Frontierland but stopped at Winnie the Pooh on the way! It was precious, obviously.

dsc0336l.jpg

Then we went to Thunder Mountain and I told everyone about the trick of looking out of the back of the car for a more thrilling ride. It was so much fun!! We also saw the group of freshman and Keirsten and Primo there!

We went on two times in a row. Then we went to Storybook Circus and went on Dumbo! YAY CLASSICS! It was wonderful just to walk right on without a wait!
dsc0337cj.jpg

dsc0338jf.jpg

After that we went on the Barnstormer! I haven’t been on that ride since it was in Toontown, so it was great to be reunited for a good 63 seconds.

We walked into the gift shop and looked around, and then it was back to Main Street!

dsc0340gi.jpg

All of that running around and freezing our butts off made us VERY hungry. So we had a late night Casey's run!

My usual:

dsc0341j.jpg

Preston and Matt's choice of the night:

dsc0342bp.jpg

Then we left the park! Thank GOD a bus was waiting for us when we got to the bus stop.

I got back to the room and passed out within seconds.

Continued in Next Post

I'm more of a lurker but I just HAD to see if I'm the only one who sees it! Is it just me, or does Alexsander look like he'd make a not so bad Prince Eric!?

Jess, do you have any special camera settings you use for fireworks pics? Or do you just set to auto and start blasting away? Your fireworks pics are really good, and I assume you're not using a tripod...

As cold as it was, could your day have been any more perfect? Preston must have really enjoyed MK and I know being together sharing the experience made it even better for you!

I loved all of the photo's, but I think my favorite was of the whole group in front of the castle just before leaving. Everyone looks great, and the castle lit up in the background makes it a "needs to be framed" photo.

Looking forward to reading more! :surfweb:

:rotfl: On my very first trip (it was 2 months before my 3rd birthday), the Treehouse was literally my favorite "ride." Before we left, my parents said I could pick one more ride before we went home. And I picked the Treehouse :lmao:

Of course, as soon as I was done, my parents said it was time to leave and I burst into tears. Because I had to say goodbye to Mickey. Since I was so adorable (and probably because I picked the Treehouse for my last "ride") my parents took me over to Mickey's Starland and we waited to see Mickey...and I proceeded to thank him for letting me visit his home.

Clearly my Disney addiction started at a young age. :laughing:

Your post is really making me crave some Pooh's stuffed toast! I also love Crystal Palace, I love the pics you guys look like you had a great time!

I haven't seen the castle show in years, its now a must do for my next visit!

I'm so glad you had such a fantastic, yet cold, first day with Preston. I'm also glad to see you had such an amazing experience watching Wishes and Celebrate the Magic with Preston. My DBF and I thought that was one of the most magical experiences of our trip! They are both just that much more magical with someone to snuggle up to ;)

Can't wait to hear more!

Ok, add me to the mounting protesters that you should be Jasmine! I definitely think you should go to that audition!

These updates are so magical! How fun to have your love at Disney with you! My dream is to do a trip with just my husband and I...someday! I'm so glad the trip together was everything you dreamed it would be!

Hi Jess - jumping in after reading ALL of your updates (took days! hahah) I also think you should audition for Jasmine! And don't give up! I'm a theatre director, KEEP AUDITIONING, you know how it can be a numbers game sometimes! Good luck and keep these great updates coming! :goodvibes

I'm still in love with this TR... Your pictures are amazing, I miss WDW so much when I read this.
Btw. I'm suddenly blocked on your Twitter??!

I totally need to hear your voice because the voice I hear when I read your reports is Rapunzel ""BEST DAY EVEEEERRRR"!

Isn't the World so much nicer with the one you adore????

Hi Jess! I'm still reading, but haven't been commenting as much. I just had to pop in and say that I'm really enjoying your posts about your experience with Preston there! It's so magical, and I am SO EXCITED for June when I go with my DBF! It'll be his first time, and I am just so unbelievably excited to share it with him! 99 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double Digit Dance!!!!!!! :banana:

Keep up the great updates! :thumbsup2

The spring outfits for the Trolley Show are perfect.

Watching Wishes from the Swiss Family Treehouse would be cool… and that is about it.

Your videos of the Dapper Dans are awesome. I JUST LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

Oh Wishes. ♥ Your pictures are beautiful.

Celebrate the Magic is INCREDIBLE. I think it is better than MM&Y!

Your pictures on Space ohmygod :rotfl:

You are having Way to much Fun!:thumbsup2 The Pics from Space Mountain are without a doubt the best set of Group Pics I have ever seen AnyWhere on the DIS! I can't wait to see what you do at some of the others!

It looks like you guys are having a great break. Too funny about constantly running into other people from your school!

Jess, your photos are wonderful! Loved the fireworks shots.
The photo with your group and Piglet really shows how tall Mark really is!
So glad you had such a great time with your friends.
Will you still be continuing the CP through the summer? I will be visiting twice and wondering if I may have a chance of wandering into you at some point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter