• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dining (Reviews: Apr20-28 w/pics!) Finally DONE

curiouser

Keep believing, keep pretending...
When chefs are born they possess a gift or two... one of those is the power to make some exceptional food.

Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, get this ADR tonite. We'll make a wish and call WDW-Dine, and all those dishes will be mine....

Cast of characters:
468845169_04c3520274.jpg

• Myself, curiouser aka Morgan. Newly 26, loves cheese, sushi and ice wine.
  • Jeff, my DSO. 27, loves coffee, good cuts of beef and sandwiches (sometimes I think he's like Experiment 625 from Lilo & Stitch).

Premise:
Yo Disboards, its my birthday, gonna eat good cos its my birthday.. Okay, well it WAS my birthday; and if one must age another year they might as well celebrate it in the happiest place on earth with some good food, right?

Restaurants to be reviewed:
Pecos Bills [Review]
California Grill [Review]
Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) [Review]
The Lunching Pad [Review]
Kona (breakfast) [Review]
Lotos Blossom Cafe[Review
Earl of Sandwich[Review]
Tusker House[Review]
Jiko[Review started]
Toy Story Pizza Planet[Review]
Le Cellier[Review]
Casey's[Review]
Pepper Market[Review]
Tangerine Cafe[]Review]
Beaches and Cream[]Review]
The Plaza[]Review]

Chapter 1: A growl is a wish your stomach makes
Chapter 2: I've got a wrap in me
Chapter 3: Unbelievable sights, indescribable feelings
Chapter 4: Diamonds in the rough
Chapter 5: You ain't never had a friend like coffee
Chapter 6: Now I'm in a Whole New World of Food
Chapter 7: I can see what's happening (what?!), and they don't have a clue (who!?)
Chapter 8: It's 8:46am and I haven't had enough coffee to think of a title
Chapter Something: The Plaza

Yum...looking forward to your review. You went to some of my favorites.

:cake: (we need a smiley holding a fork and knife!)

I'm not sure how birthdays work in your family..

..but in my family, we don't have birthdays, we have birthweeks. This is especially important as you get older because there is the need for mulitple birthdinners. Like one with your SO, one with your family, one with his/her family and one with your friends.

For me, this worked out really well as it was a way to shed my healthy eating ways and train for the marathon of Disney Dining that lay in front of me.

Furthermore, I have discovered that this is truly the best scam ever. You get to go out to eat all week with people who pay for your dinner that night and then give you gifts (Disney Gift Cards) that pay for your dinner again the next week! Its really quite brilliant! I highly recommend pulling this one over on your friends and family, if you can! :rotfl:

And since I mentioned it, I might as well share what exactly I consumed to stretch my bell-eh into shape for the Dis (after all, why just show Disney food? Okay, yes, I realize this is a Disney Dining Reviews board - technicality):

459349138_4caad41776.jpg

Pretzels and Wings from Quaker Steak and Lube

465633472_0397a5a8db.jpg

Chicken parm from Buca di Beppo

464694012_52614255c4.jpg

Sushi - yum yum!!

But anyway, on to the real stuff-- the Disney stuff - right?

We left for the World on Friday, April 20th. Lunch was Arby's. You all have those, right? They're good. I don't understand why roast beef from the grocery store doesn't taste like the roast beef at Arby's.

I somehow managed to swallow down the Jeannie O turkey sandwich they handed me on the plane. I'm not quite sure how that happened. It must've been loss of rational thought due to a) hunger and b) frustration at not being able to complete my surgery on Trauma Center for the Nintendo DS. At any rate, had someone put a handle on said sandwich it could've doubled quite nicely as a curling rock for cats.

We arrived at MCO and headed straight for the food court. Neither of us were really hungry but we knew full well that by the time ME dropped us off at OKW we'd be empty for options. So we opted for one of our favorite fast food places of all time: Chick-fil-a. The line was short and the staff there was moving quite swiftly. We ordered our sandwiches and I thought, for a brief moment, that my ears doth tricked me. "Would you like lettuce, tomato or cheese on your sandwiches"?

What? Cheese? On Chick-fil-a? They offer CHEESE on your CHICK in the South?!? Mental note of reasons why to move South: Sweet Tea, Pibb Xtra, cheese on your Chick-Fil-A.

Sadly, my brain could not comprehend that much at 9pm at night, so I said no. I regret that now. Eh, oh well, the sandwich was still good, but smaller than ours. That could be the reason why Cleveland is one of the most obese cities in the nation - that or the fact that winters are so cold you need the extra blubber - it's still up for debate. But it was with a full stomach and dreams of my ADRs that we set off for OKW and rested up for Saturday: The Day I would find my Own Personal Walden.

What a great idea:idea: Birthday WEEK!

Great start, Your food pics look great! I'm already hungry & we haven't even seen any Disney food yet!

Great! I can hear those little kids right now...."DISHES (dream a dream) DISHES (eat some for meeeee)..." well you know the rest :wizard: Looking forward to more :)

459349138_4caad41776.jpg

Pretzels and Wings from Quaker Steak and Lube

OMG. :yay: I absolutely LOVE The Lube! My FAVORITE! Some people just don't know what they are missing. I just started counting WW points (again) today, so if I can't eat them, at least I can look at them! :rotfl:

I can't wait to read the rest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter