Diser's for CMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a little restaurant here where they hang out. The manager is a friend of their's, and well, he's a character. We live in a college town, and said manager will do anything when a pretty girl comes in.

So one day, the guys were there. They saw Nick at one of the tables talking to a girl. Strange thing was, they kept looking over at Cody and Toby.

We found out later, that Nick had told her that they were really best friends, and one thought so much of the other that he had cosmetic surgery done so he could look just like his best friend!

And yes, amazingly enough, she believed it! :rotfl:

ooh, i've never brought the funny on command before. i'll see what i can do....

i did talk to ricky! i swear, i am the babblingest brook! poor guy was probably just hoping i could give him a less than 800 word answer...

so, you're going to be down at wdw soon? we should meet up! maybe i could bring the funny to dinner.

fleagle family--you are top notch!

justin, if you fall down, i'll smear the chocolate cake all over my face. we'll be unstoppable!

We are planning on eating at Olivia's next Saturday evening. It will be my wife, my mom, and two extremely excited little girls so it may be a bit chaotic. We are staying at BWV, maybe we can get together somewhere near there after the kids go to sleep one night. My mom could stay with them in the room. Just let me know.

Hey a Blast from your past! Okay, your past 24 hours!

Someone asked me to post the words to Roseanne's song from last night...so here they are. I've also added the link for those of you who want to have a sing-a-long.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=42FhyfFfW_8

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we present your...whatever it was! :)

A Friend Like Flea!
With apologies to "Aladdin"

Well the SPONSORS had a dream contest
And so many of us thought we’d win
But we found much to our great surprise
Hey, they didn’t even let us in!
We found a few lucky top twenty guys
And some joined us here on the boards
They brought some posts, pizazz, some laughs and more
But there’s one I have to recognize!
And I'll say

Oh, Mister Fleagle, sir
You’ve made us so happy
Let me say this once
You pack a punch
You ain't never had a friend like Flea
No no no
Life is a monorail
He brought the car par-ty
C'mon – Dance that funky salmon dance

We pride ourselves on posting
We obsess
We laugh, we cry
Say what you wish
This is the DIS!
How many other boards even try?
Have some of smilies "A"
Try all of smilies "B"
I'm in the mood to thank you dude

Can top 10 do this?
Do top 10 do that?
Do they pull DIScademy from their little hat?
Can top ten go, Schwartz?
Well, looky here
Can top ten go, Rhoda Dakota, let 'er rip
And then make the postings disappear?

So doncha sit on your hands, let’s make some noise
I'm gonna to sing him all our big thank yous
He got us all together, as a group
He made us feel we didn’t really lose
I got an urge to Power Ranger Pose!
What-cha say? That’s how he rolls
His wife and fleaglets sure lucked out, no doubt
Well, all you gotta do is strike a Pose

Oh, Mister Fleagle, sir, you should be in top three
SPONSORS made the call, and dropped the ball
You ain't never had a friend, never had a friend
You ain't never had a friend, never had a friend
You ain't never had a friend like Flea!

i'm sorry that i've disappointed a lot of people on this thread, and i will definitely own up to my white elephant status. it's completely fair if you want to chide me for taking a long time to chime in and join in the fun. i also understand you putting your support behind the other top ten candidates who have been here longer. i'm just happy that you all care so much about each other and this contest. if you knew my heart, you'd see how much love i have for all things disney. :love: we're certainly all connected in that warm fuzzy :)

ok, enough with the sappy....on with the fun... :cheer2:

Okay, I realize that I'm a little late to respond to this post, but I, too, wanted to chime in! :rolleyes1

First of all, I'm glad you joined our happy 'lil thread! :thumbsup2

I, for one, like the ever-growing cast of characters, because it:
1. increases our opportunities for more "drama" and great fun
2. increases the chances that someone will be logged onto this thread whenever I check in. :rolleyes:

I've liked your video from the beginning, and I said as much waaaay back on page 63 of this thread - when we were still trying to figure out exactly which Megan/Meggin was our semifinalist:

Excellent! I have seen this video, and it was one of my favorites, too. (So, exactly how many favorites can a person have, anyway ... :rolleyes1) I had forgotten her name was Megan.

(Oh, and sorry for misspelling your name, btw. ;) )

There's no need to apologize for "arriving late to the game." I know there are varying thoughts on this subject, but -- as some have stated before -- it would be a greater disservice to keep quiet when the whole point of this leg of the "race" is to get out the vote. (Oh, and I'm not trying to intimate that this is your sole reason for joining us! :hippie: You seem like a genuinely warm person in the first place. ;) ) If anything, the delay is a disadvantage to you (and any other semifinalist who has hesitated to step forward) simply because you now have less time to win our hearts! Those who have been here longer probably do have a distinct advantage [with this crowd], because they've had a few extra weeks to form close bonds with their loyal following on the DISBoards. That doesn't mean they're unstoppable, but it makes them pretty darn close... ;) **

(**Editorial Comment: And, no, I'm not so delusional as to think that the DIS is the only source of CMO votes... :rolleyes: )

This is a fun thread full of many amazing people, and I hope that you feel :welcome:

...For what it's worth! :flower3:

My favorite funny Mrs. Fleagle story:

She owns a dance studio with about 250 students. Her "Senior Company" is made up of about 15 kids that have danced with her for many years. One day, just on a lark, she told them that she had a twin sister named Annie in Texas who was absolutely identical.

I happened to come to the studio that day and before she mentioned it to me, some of the girls asked me about it. I know Mrs. Fleagle pretty well, so I went right along with it. "Oh yes, I said, they are IDENTICAL!"

Over the next few weeks, she would bring up the reference to Annie here and there. "Annie" even called the studio one day. She played the setup over the course of several months.

Sometime later, she told the students that she would not be there the next week but that her sister Annie was coming to town and would be substituting. She had sold it so well that the girls were all very excited and TOTALLY convinced.

On the day of class, she put her hair in pigtails and showed up sporting a Texas drawl. She taught the entire class to the girls without anyone suspecting a thing. Then, just as they were about to leave, she dropped the accent and said "you guys are so gullible." They were blown away and many of them even thought that it was "Annie" that was now playing a joke on them, pretending to be Amy.

I'm still in awe of that joke... and now I'm always worried that I'm being set up!

wow! that's awesome! i did something on a smaller scare when i lived in greenville, sc. i was working at chili's as a server, and i thought that i needed to spice things up for my co-workers. i posed one evening as aurelie, the french exchange student who was earning money for her schooling at the chili's. i was mispronouncing menu items and having fun with my tables. a fellow server accidentally busted me by calling me by my correct name in front of my tables. i went back to my section, and said, "surprise, i'm not french. i'm conducting a sociology experiment for school." my fellow servers had a good laugh!

well played, mrs. fleagle! your family's amazing!

wow! that's awesome! i did something on a smaller scare when i lived in greenville, sc. i was working at chili's as a server, and i thought that i needed to spice things up for my co-workers. i posed one evening as aurelie, the french exchange student who was earning money for her schooling at the chili's. i was mispronouncing menu items and having fun with my tables. a fellow server accidentally busted me by calling me by my correct name in front of my tables. i went back to my section, and said, "surprise, i'm not french. i'm conducting a sociology experiment for school." my fellow servers had a good laugh!

well played, mrs. fleagle! your family's amazing!

:laughing: Funny! (I liked Mrs. Fleagle's and tothesea's stories, too! :thumbsup2)

This is a fun thread full of many amazing people, and I hope that you feel :welcome:

...For what it's worth! :flower3:

i do feel welcome, and i thank you for your generosity! i definitely don't want to take any votes away from the friends that you've already made here. of course, if in the midst of casting the hundreds of votes for patrick, justin, and tripp, your finger slips on a lone stray vote for me, that's ok, too :) seriously, though, i'm just happy to be in the same company with the rest of the top ten. in fact, i'm just happy to have met so many other super disney fans!

p.s. congrats on the level up and the avatar! and i loved the picture of you and your boy. how long have you two been together?

Sorry that I've not been around today. Truth be told, I'm having a bad day, as I knew I would. I just didn't want you guys to think that I hit the road once I didn't advance. I'm just not feeling particularly Fleagleish. I wouldn't be able to stand it if I thought that my disappointment took away from anyone's excitement.

Since I have decided to buck all rules and bring the music...FINALLY.....as per my avatar for the moment (until my Andytar comes in), I am prepared for my attempt to relay what you mean to all of us Flea (can't come close to Cato's but here goes)....

You see, just like the diehards here, your heart was so invested in your dream. We initially individually thought it was finally "our" chance. The opportunity to work for the dreammaker. They would see our videos and just know to select us! They would have to KNOW and SEE how perfect we would be......

Then the calls.....as our dreams of being the CMO were ending yours was continuing. You made the cut. You were now able to really believe in the dream. They saw it in you. And you continued to prove you were a kind, funny, creative and sincere force to be reckoned with.

You planned and believed and kept those of us who didn't make Top 20 (and truly believed we would) actually feel a part of the process because "our friend" made it! All of a sudden, our sour grapes were turning. We were excited again! And connected to a process that in any other situation, I am most sure, we would have bagged.

So, my friend, I believe your dream hasn't ended. You have made an impression. You WILL get to the "place where you belong." Maybe not the way we all thought you would.......but you will be a part of the magic of "insert sponsor here." You know how I know? Because you have already brought the magic back to me! And many others here. Diehard fans, who were a bit bruised. YOU REMINDED US of how much we wanted it for ourselves initially and then, wanted it for you!

Thank you for giving of yourself so much over the last few weeks. I have thoroughly enjoyed this and plan to stay around! By the way, it took me WAY MORE than 36 hours of pity party to get past my disappointment (and I had to get smacked around by Haunted a bit), and thanks to you and the others here I was able to vent and share and, ultimately, be able to support the winners in their journey for their dream (bummer we had to have the EXACT SAME DREAM, just sayin')....

There is a song that reminds me of you and your journey. An "insert sponsor here" song from an "insert sponsor here" movie. Here are the lyrics to the song I believe should be your signature song.....You WILL Go the Distance Eric......and, I for one, can't wait to see it all unfold!!!

p.s. I like Roger Bart's version more than Michael Bolton's, and since I am now officially "bringing the music" because it didn't work for me leaving it out.....ut oh.......there's still of touch of resentment left Flea, I am working on it too, see?!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...66&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Love and prayers,

Ann an Eric Fan!!! :hug:

GO THE DISTANCE

I have often dreamed
Of a far-off place
Where a great warm welcome
Will be waiting for me
Where the crowds will cheer
When they see my face
And a voice keeps saying
This is where I'm meant to be

I will find my way
I can go the distance
I'll be there someday
If I can be strong
I know ev'ry mile
Will be worth my while
I would go most anywhere
to feel like I belong

I am on my way
I can go the distance
I don't care how far
Somehow I'll be strong
I know ev'ry mile
Will be worth my while
I would go most anywhere
to find where I belong

I will beat the odds
I can go the distance
I will face the world
Fearless, proud and strong
I will please the gods
I can go the distance
Till I find my hero's welcome
Right where I belong

of course, if in the midst of casting the hundreds of votes for patrick, justin, and tripp, your finger slips on a lone stray vote for me, that's ok, too :)

I think there's a good chance that might happen! ;)

p.s. congrats on the level up and the avatar!

Hee! Hee! (It's really the little things, isn't it? :teeth:)

and i loved the picture of you and your boy. how long have you two been together?

Thanks! We're going on nine years this November. (Sheesh! Where did the time go? :eek: )

Hi all! It has taken me hours to get caught up on this thread!! (Hours of enjoyment of course!) It's great that something so fun has come out of our joy and disappointments. I'm not bitter at all that I did not even get a nomination!!:sad: :teeth:

Is there a new thread yet? Did I miss the link?

I lover your new avatar Disgeeks!! Andy's working on mine and I can't wait!!!! :banana:

I'm really hurting for those we loved who didn't make it to the top 10. You had some really wonderful videos. I don't fully understand all of their judging criteria and I'm sure it's very hard for some of you to understand. But it's a true testament to your characters that not one of you has been bitter - just sad. And that's perfectly understandable!!!! We're sad for you!! And truly - your videos were great to make it this far.:)

Hey all, I have not gotten a "warning" pm about the length of this thread....I will check in with a mod and let you know.

As someone who plans a lot of Disney travel, I thought you all would enjoy one of my favorite requests that I get more often then you think:

"We would like a budget motel close enough so we can walk to all the parks" :lmao:

Oh yes, and this one:
"now, these tickets I am getting, they will get me into all the parks: disney world, univeral, sea world....right??"

Gotta go vote vote vote!

Hey all, I have not gotten a "warning" pm about the length of this thread....I will check in with a mod and let you know.

As someone who plans a lot of Disney travel, I thought you all would enjoy one of my favorite requests that I get more often then you think:

"We would like a budget motel close enough so we can walk to all the parks" :lmao:

Oh yes, and this one:
"now, these tickets I am getting, they will get me into all the parks: disney world, univeral, sea world....right??"

Gotta go vote vote vote!

man, that ther budget motel quote is a good one, I don't care who you are, that's funny...get-r-done...

How close are we to the end of this thread? Let's see if I can be the Thread Killer!!!!

Coverage of Campaign 2008 - The Search for a Chief Magic Official has arrived at http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic

In this week's episode of Inside the Magic (Show #152), you'll hear interviews with 6 of the Top 10 finalists for Chief Magic Official:
Patrick Hurd, Justin Muchoney, Tripp West, David Wotruba, Amy Kate Connolly, and Meggin Weaver

Listen as each answers questions about how they'd make Disney magic and why they're the right person for the job of Chief Magic Official.

The interviews begin around 28 minutes into the show and run for just over an hour.

Again, you can download and listen to the show by visiting http://www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic

An iPod is not necessary to listen... just a computer or other device capable of playing an MP3 file.

Enjoy and thanks to all of the finalists that made themselves available for an interview today. If any of the other 4 wish to join me on next week's show, please contact me and let me know!

I can't believe I spent last night at a show in which everyone died (well almost everyone) when here at home everything was FANTASTIC!!!!!!

There was so much splendid, hilarious, spectacular, over the top, utter incredibleness about last night that I am still taking it all in. It was of course way better than that other Academy's awards ceremony. You guys rocked together like you were the Beatles or the Rolling Stones and I'm so sorry I couldn't be there.

Airwave kisses to all the happy winners, and to all the nominees because just being nominated...

More later when I've caught my breath.

Thanks Ricky for posting this info ... yours will be my first podcast...been waiting for something extra special to do this...as I know I'll soon get hooked!

You will get hooked, Marshay! Ricky's podcast sets the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter