• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISer chapter of NKOTB anonymous...join the party *ahem* intervention!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is good to hear about the 5 Star package. I have not read very good reviews about it at all!!!

Today is the day! :banana: We have 9th row floor seats tonight so I hope to get some good pictures to post! I will report back tomorrow!!!

Have fun!! I'm sick and could use some happy stuff to make me feel better!!

Shelby

Have fun!! I'm sick and could use some happy stuff to make me feel better!!

Shelby

I think it's a side effect from screaming your butt off at a recent NKOTB concert because I'm sick too.

I've got a fever ... and the only prescription is more NKOTB.

Thanks. :) Sadly, the kids are sick too. Both are home from school today. I don't know how happy they're going to be when I tell both of them (5 and 9) that they need to nap for awhile. I just think rest is key to getting better asap.

I'd rather be sick now than for the next NKOTB concert on 11/7. ;)

Have fun to you guys that are going tonight!!! Sounds like a blast!!!

Shelby

You are so luck to have gotten a 5 star ticket. :sad1: So tell us how was it in there? how where the guys? when I went to the LA (staple center) concert.. Oh- and it was my first concert at the staple center too!! I normally see the sports event but never to a concert.. and I am so happy that it was them too! but anyways .. back to the subject!! Someone told me that there really not that tall? is that true? what did you think? How did the boys react to the fans? Did they smell good? awww! Jonathan.. Lucky! and Jordan oh-so fine!! Tell US!! detail!! details!! please!

OK, here's what I can recall!

We were in one of the last groups - I think there were ten of us who went in together, and my friend and I were toward the end of the group. When we first walked through the curtain, Danny was standing there with arms wide open. Man, he has some muscles and a great big smile - nice-looking and nice too. I hugged him and told him how excited we were that they were back and that we couldn't wait to see the show. He smiled and said something to the effect of "we are excited to do it for you all". So then there was a little logjam because the girls in front of us were surrounding Donnie and Joey. Robo, their security head, looks at me and says something like "there's no line girls, go see your men". So I look over and Jonathan is just standing there. I bypassed my friend (she is a Joey girl and was plotting her move, I think!) and head straight for him.

I started to hug him and said something completely cheesy like "you were always my favorite" - he kept hugging me and asked me what my name was. I could barely speak back but managed to tell him, then he repeated it (with that Boston accent - so lovely) and said some more stuff to me. It was pretty much a blur after that but we were together the rest of the time and then we took two pictures. They were rushing us to leave after the pictures, but I did speak very briefly to Joey and gave him a quick hug on my way out. Didn't really see Donnie at all - he was sort of engulfed by some of the girls toward the front of our group. And Jordan seemed a little shy - he jumped in the picture with a couple of the girls but wasn't talking too much, at least from what I noticed. He was dancing around a little bit. I wonder if he was feeling a little sick, because he sounded a little nasal at the concert. He still hit all of the notes perfectly, but the tone wasn't quite the same as usual. Another girl at the meet & greet noticed him wiping his hands with an antibacterial wipe as they were leaving, so he may have been trying not to catch anything from his crazy fans!

I think Jonathan is probably the tallest of the group, and I am about 5'8" with heels - the top of my head came to about his chin if I remember correctly. It seemed that I was around the same height as Danny and maybe just an inch shorter than Joey. Wasn't close enough to the others to tell. Oh yeah, and all of them smelled nice - I can't describe it but it was good :) .

They didn't come out and mingle any after the group pics, which I know they did at their earlier shows. We also had to check our cameras in at the door. They didn't take up our cell phones but Robo threatened to take us out if we tried to take pictures with a camera phone. Still, it was so worth it for just that short time - we had great seats for the concert and made some eye contact on several occasions.

They said at the end of the concert that they would see us in June - hopefully there will be another tour next summer. I highly recommend the 5* VIP if you get the chance! I will do it again in a heartbeat - and maybe next time I can actually make decent conversation ;) . They haven't posted our 5* pics yet, but I did post my best concert pictures on facebook. Tell me the best way to share them with you and I will!

And FYI - I am also sick!

Angey77, being a Mississippi State fan, I would usually say the only prescription for my fever is more cowbell, but after Saturday, I have to agree with you - the only prescription is more NKOTB - guess I'll be sick until next summer!

Sorry for the long post - hope I answered all questions!

Maybe Jordan got us all sick. ;)

Sounds like a fun time!! In the future I MIGHT do 5 star but I'm afraid I'd faint. I'm not kidding, I get very flustered around people like that I can just imagine my heart beating so fast and so loud! We'll see.

Shelby

Maybe Jordan got us all sick. ;)

Sounds like a fun time!! In the future I MIGHT do 5 star but I'm afraid I'd faint. I'm not kidding, I get very flustered around people like that I can just imagine my heart beating so fast and so loud! We'll see.

Shelby

Ha! I completely understand. I was so afraid I was going to pass out! That's probably why Jonathan hugged me for so long - so that I wouldn't hit the floor! I was definitely a little weak-kneed walking out afterwards. But I'm hopeful that I will be able to stay more composed next time (if there is a next time!).

Jennifer

JennM - I would hardly have been able to speak either! Especially if Joey looked anywhere near my direction. It would be a wonder if I managed to get out of there without fainting dead away.

I think Jonathan is probably the tallest of the group, and I am about 5'8" with heels - the top of my head came to about his chin if I remember correctly. It seemed that I was around the same height as Danny and maybe just an inch shorter than Joey. Wasn't close enough to the others to tell. Oh yeah, and all of them smelled nice - I can't describe it but it was good .

I'm 5'8 WITHOUT heels so I would've probably been towering over Danny!! And probably Joey too!!
Never realized Jon was that tall...

Shelby - Feel better!!

Hi guys! I bought 1 ticket last night, am leaving the husband home, and am going to go and have a darn good time. Can't wait!

ETA: Oh! Does anyone know about how long the concert is??

Jenny105 - thanks. I took a nap and feel a TON better! :banana:

At the concert in AC the opening act came on at 8pm. Then there was a little break and NKOTB came on. They were on until a little after 11pm.

Shelby

So glad all you ladies are having fun! I have 9 days till I get to go too!
Now just to figure out a camera, lol! What did you or your friends take??? Any suggestions? The more I research, the more confused I get. And I am not good at making decisions.

Oh man. Went last night. Ears still muffled because all the screaming (including my own) was so loud. The boys were uh-mazing. I cried when they came out, cried when they left, cried when they sang Valentine Girl.

This concert hit me really down deep that I'm sure you ladies can understand. I just....felt their music and their energy. These guys were a huge part of my childhood while my parents were breaking up. I listened to them while they argued loudly, listened to them to fall asleep...you get the idea. To see them back together again was just.....so special. I wish I could thank them for doing what they're doing.....and then make out with all of them. LOL!!!!!!

Oh man. Went last night. Ears still muffled because all the screaming (including my own) was so loud. The boys were uh-mazing. I cried when they came out, cried when they left, cried when they sang Valentine Girl.

This concert hit me really down deep that I'm sure you ladies can understand. I just....felt their music and their energy. These guys were a huge part of my childhood while my parents were breaking up. I listened to them while they argued loudly, listened to them to fall asleep...you get the idea. To see them back together again was just.....so special. I wish I could thank them for doing what they're doing.....and then make out with all of them. LOL!!!!!!

:hug: Oh my. I can totally understand that! I laughed at your last comment. :lmao:

Shelby

I wish I could thank them for doing what they're doing.....and then make out with all of them. LOL!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh..I've had a rough week and I needed that! My mom was just diagnosed with lung cancer...so I've been in a fog. She starts her first chemo on Halloween and she is going to fight with all that she has.

I am going to the MSG show on Monday, and it will be therapeutic for me. I wish I could thank them for coming back and doing this tour, and I really think that they look out into the audience and know how much it means to us...and they seem really appreciative. A make out session would really complete the night for me as well. Don't know how my DH would feel about that though!

Amazing show!!! We had fantastic seats! Those boys are HOTTER than ever! Danny has always been my fave but Donnie is bringing up the competition! Very intense show - the last song just was awesome - seeing the whole arena waving their arms.

Beyond fantastic. I would pay double to go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter