• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have shipped to Canada, and used international Priority Shipping.

You have to fill out a customs form and use a special clear label holder for it, but the post office said that it was the best way to send it.

It still took almost 2 weeks to get there.

You do amazing work.

I can't recall if you ever mentioned it, but can you tell me how you learned to sew - and who taught you or did you learn yourself? I teach kids and I am starting my first boys class this fall.

Another drama to add;

My son's elementary school is very small (less than 200 kids) so is very family oriented, I belong to the PTA (low in funds) and I was asked to sew some dresses (5 ) for 1 prek, 3 kinderg, 1 fifth grader ;these kid' s parents are not able to dress them for the promotional ceremonies in June (parents already asked for the help) I was given 30.00 for supplies. The good news is that I approached the owner at the fabric store that I always go to and he will be donating most of the fabric, (cotton) nothing fancy but free. He will give me pink or white solid and the thread....

Now I need help deciding what styles. I am thinking not a lot of ruffles (to make it easier and faster for me) but...WHAT STYLES WILL LOOK BETTER? (I would like to keep it simple) I was thinking for the prek to make the halter dress that I made with lace and tulle to make it fancier, the others I have no Idea specially the fifth grader.

Ideas PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I am sure whatever you come up with it, they will be lovely. You have that magic touch. :wizard:

Just wanted everyone to see the Alice I just finished. I am super proud of it. And we are HUGE Fans of alice in this house!!
th_IMG_4287.jpg

th_IMG_4279.jpg

th_IMG_4282.jpg

Lori

I love this and all the other appliqued outfits.

I would really appreciate it if you all would post tutorials. Pretty please? :flower3:

NO sleep for you!! SEW SEW SEW!!!

:laughing:

How silly am I? I got the sewing machine last night and looked over the booklet. Now I am scared to take the thing out of the box and set it up! My mom is gone for the weekend so I said I would try my hand at setting it up and start in on the criss cross dress from YCMT. Now if only I can get my nerve up to do it!

It starts with the first step. :)

Perhaps check YouTube to familiarize yourself with the basics (ie threading, etc.) and maybe search for a similar machine. That way you can get your feet wet, so to speak.

GL!

Hi ladies!!

With some encouragement, I have decided to try to make some customs on my own (with the help of my mom!) for our October trip to WDW. I went to JoAnn's today, and even found some princess fabric.

Here is what I got - I'll update as we make some progress.

I picked up this pattern for my soon to be 3 year old. I want to make a princess swing/aline top and skirt for her. princess:
IMG_4015.jpg

Here is her fabric. Love the pink Princess cameo fabric. I like the contrast of the dark pink for trim/ruffles.
IMG_4013.jpg

I also plan to make a similar set for my older DD using Ariel fabric, but I am still ISO that. I think my mom's Walmart has it.

I can also use the same pattern to make a pink jumper for her Halloween/MNSSHP costume. She wants to be Annie from Little Einsteins! :love:

This pattern is for my 6 year old. I want to make a swing top with fancy pants using fabric from the Giselle sheet set at the Disney Store online. I was able to purchase it yesterday with a 20% off code, and it only cost $16! :thumbsup2 (The code expired yesterday though.)
IMG_4016.jpg

Here is the Disney Store link to the sheet set.

Oh, and then I picked up these "Make your own soft book" kits. There are some great Princess images that I think I can use for appliques. princess:

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

So I feel pretty good with my purchases. Now I just need to get these things to see the light of day! Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to try this myself. With my mom's help, I think I can do it!! :cheer2:

Just wanted everyone to see the Alice I just finished. I am super proud of it. And we are HUGE Fans of alice in this house!!
th_IMG_4287.jpg

th_IMG_4279.jpg

th_IMG_4282.jpg

Lori

Oh wow! Fantastic job! Very cute!

To all my Disboutique friends......

I Absolutely ADORE all the new stuff I've seen on this thread!!

I know I haven't been posting much, but I've been lurking- but you girls/guys got me out of my cave to post because everything you are posting is just so FANTASTIC! You never cease to amaze me with your creativity!

I am going back to lurkdom now, but before I do, I just want you to know that I'm also off to convince my DD who just had my first grandchild 4 months ago (it was a boy) that it's now time to try again.... and this time for a GIRL so I can CASE everything I see here! LOL!!! Somehow....... I don't think it'll fly. ;-)

Yeah, I'm thinking you might want to give her a few months (like 8 at least!) before pushing her again!

Hi..I know I showed you all the Stepsister appliques that I did last week, but I made a skirt yesterday to go with it. It's meant for Ireland or larger..it's a size 8. So it's really big on poor Lexie, but she's the only model available. :rotfl:
I love how Lucifer and Lady Tremaine came out..I only wish I had done a few more appliques but couldn't think of anything else that went with them. I was thinking maybe Bruno? Oh well..
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072280.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072275.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072278.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072284.jpg

Okay, this is fantastic too! Love it! Great job!

Hello all I have been a lurker more than anything these day's I wasn't even in the mood to sew.:scared1: I know I wanted to share the outfit I made for my friend who is expecting a baby girl in a few months. My hubby saw it and actually wanted me not to give it to her but to take pictures and sell it online. :rotfl: It made me feel so good. Normally when I make something am I am proud of it he kinda just looks and me and say another dress. But this time he raved about it.:dance3: So now I will share with you and see what you all think it's the first time I feel dis worthy. (even though it's not Disney:sad2: I hope to be as great as all of you someday. I just love all the creative outfits here too many to mention. Thanks for sharing.
th_IMG_0447.jpg
front
th_IMG_0449.jpg
back
th_IMG_0450-1.jpg
booties
th_IMG_04512-1.jpg
headband
I don't know why only two resized sorry for the big pics.

Great job!

Here is sTinkerbell modeling her crown tank top. She always wants to tilt her head, squint, and hold her hands in front of her so I can't see her outfit. :headache: and yes, her bows and/or pigtails are lopsided, didn't notice 'till I looked at the photos :sad2:

th_IMG_0248-1.jpg
th_IMG_0246-2.jpg

and here I let her choose the location and props so she's happy:

th_IMG_0251-1.jpg

ETA: Lily is sitting in my lap, when she saw this post she giggled and said "that's too much Lilys!"

Thanks! But yours is actually much cuter, mine is very simple, it just matches the petti. Yours is so cute. I still have not made a halter top for Lily other than one simply sweet one.

Yep, Disney store. I only paid $18.?? for it :banana: :banana: :banana: when one of you enablers posted about a 40% off sale.

Thanks! The tank top is not bad untucked, it has a scallopy edge to it. I'm sure you could make something much cuter! The crown is a shape I cut from my Disney princess cartridge on my cricut, then I traced the shape I cut out onto my heat 'n' bond. It is supposed to be Aurora's crown. Let me know, if you want I will scan it and post it or email it or something.

I love the tank top with it! Very cute! Great job on the applique!

:sad: Lots of cute designs from everyone tonight! Thanks for sharing!!

I love the little one's outfit too- I love that pattern. I never seen to get the 99cent patterns here- they are just 60% off or something.

On an off topic (I know, Im sorry, Im always going off topic!)
This week my husband agreed that we would have NO TV Mon, Tue and Wed night. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Last night wasnt quite as great, I ended up giving Megan a bath and DH got on the laptop and that was sort of the end of the evening, but still better than TV in my opinion. DH is a bit of a news-tv aholic. He has always been, he says he picked up being single for so long....
I'm hoping he will agree to at least 2 no TV nights next week!
No TV also means no sewing, etc, the idea is to spend the time talking or reading together and being with each other.

I don't watch TV. Although I don't really have anyone to talk to around here. I watch Dancing, tape LOST and the NASCAR race. That's it. I miss all my shows and HGTV. But I don't really miss the TV either.

Hi..I know I showed you all the Stepsister appliques that I did last week, but I made a skirt yesterday to go with it. It's meant for Ireland or larger..it's a size 8. So it's really big on poor Lexie, but she's the only model available. :rotfl:
I love how Lucifer and Lady Tremaine came out..I only wish I had done a few more appliques but couldn't think of anything else that went with them. I was thinking maybe Bruno? Oh well..
IrelandandLexieChristmas20072280.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072275.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072278.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072284.jpg

This is wonderful! :thumbsup2

Eww behind the track! That would drive me nuts! My entire family are huge race fans and I even told my daughter we will be sticking it out here for the next two weeks. She wanted to go to the festival in uptown next weekend and I said no way! She's just trying to figure out how to get closer to Kasey Kahne!:lovestruc Funny kid...can't figure out he's a little to old for her!:lmao: But, no, I would be like you...but we may get a taste of it sooner than later...they are building a road course up here in Spencer....more traffic on the scary Yadkin River Bridge!:scared1:

I'm a race fan to. Now, Kasey may be older, but he still looks like a little boy.
Nothing wrong with that!:lovestruc (I'm a JG fan).

How silly am I? I got the sewing machine last night and looked over the booklet. Now I am scared to take the thing out of the box and set it up! My mom is gone for the weekend so I said I would try my hand at setting it up and start in on the criss cross dress from YCMT. Now if only I can get my nerve up to do it!

Let us know how you make out!

I just wanted to share this...yesterday we dd's end of year school program (next Thursday will be her last day of pre-k). After the program, all the parents were asked to go back to their classroom because the kids have things to share with us. Their teacher had made each one of them a memory book. She asked the kids question individually and then wrote down their answers, and she included pictures throughout the year. Anyway, this is one of the pages from my dd's book....

IMG_5082.jpg

I love my little girl!!!! :love: I love that she's happy when I sew her clothes...I hope that last a long, long time!!!!!

Jenny

:sad: How cute!!

Here is sTinkerbell modeling her crown tank top. She always wants to tilt her head, squint, and hold her hands in front of her so I can't see her outfit. :headache: and yes, her bows and/or pigtails are lopsided, didn't notice 'till I looked at the photos :sad2:

IMG_0248-1.jpg
IMG_0246-2.jpg

IMG_0251-1.jpg

ETA: Lily is sitting in my lap, when she saw this post she giggled and said "that's too much Lilys!"

:angel:

Ugh! I get my new sewing machine out of the box and read over the manual. I am trying to set the darn thing up and realize I am missing the zig-zag presser foot. :headache: Can I pick one of those up at Jo-Anns (it is a Brother) or am I going to have to order it. This was the last machine like this that Wal-Mart had.

Call Brother, they might send you one. I've done this with kids toys.

these shorts didn't fit DS anymore so I added a ruffle, then I found this white tank at a yard sale for $0.50 and added the ruby slipper (don't know what she's doing with her face)

100_3599.jpg

close up of the shoe - it's my first applique

100_3602.jpg

I think I might make a belt out of the gingham and tuck the shirt in - it doesn't look "complete" to me - - anyone have any ideas?

I think it's adorable!

Just had to share- my oldest graduated K last week. I am so proud of him. Here are a few pics-
IMG_1459.jpg

Both boys together after the graduation (Cooper is wearing something that I smocked and made for Jackson when he was 2!)-
IMG_1620.jpg

And leaving- he couldn't get out of the shirt and tie fast enough. Oddly enough, he picked the outfit himself. He wouldn't wear the polo type shirt I had out for him. he wanted the tie!
IMG_1634.jpg

We are off to the world NEXT WEEKEND!! Can't wait!

Oh my goodness your sons are just too adorable!!!! That is so funny he couldn't wait to get the shirt and tie off even though he chose them. Hahaha.

Ohhh have fun at WDW!!!!!!

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

Lori

Oh my gracious...this is AWESOME!!! You did an amazing job on this one!!! Love it!

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072280.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072275.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072278.jpg

IrelandandLexieChristmas20072284.jpg
Awww wow this one is very cool too. What an amazing job on all the appliques!!!!

IMG_0248-1.jpg
IMG_0246-2.jpg

IMG_0251-1.jpg

Okay, she is just the cutest little thing!!!! I love the tank with the petti!!! So adorable!!!

these shorts didn't fit DS anymore so I added a ruffle, then I found this white tank at a yard sale for $0.50 and added the ruby slipper (don't know what she's doing with her face)

100_3599.jpg

100_3602.jpg

I think I might make a belt out of the gingham and tuck the shirt in - it doesn't look "complete" to me - - anyone have any ideas?

That is really cute! Great job on your first applique! I would add the same ruffle to the bottom of the tank top (but then, my kids don't "tuck" :laughing: )

Hi ladies!!

With some encouragement, I have decided to try to make some customs on my own (with the help of my mom!) for our October trip to WDW. I went to JoAnn's today, and even found some princess fabric.

I picked up this pattern for my soon to be 3 year old. I want to make a princess swing/aline top and skirt for her. princess:
IMG_4015.jpg

Here is her fabric. Love the pink Princess cameo fabric. I like the contrast of the dark pink for trim/ruffles.
IMG_4013.jpg

I also plan to make a similar set for my older DD using Ariel fabric, but I am still ISO that. I think my mom's Walmart has it.

I can also use the same pattern to make a pink jumper for her Halloween/MNSSHP costume. She wants to be Annie from Little Einsteins! :love:

This pattern is for my 6 year old. I want to make a swing top with fancy pants using fabric from the Giselle sheet set at the Disney Store online. I was able to purchase it yesterday with a 20% off code, and it only cost $16! :thumbsup2 (The code expired yesterday though.)
IMG_4016.jpg

Oh, and then I picked up these "Make your own soft book" kits. There are some great Princess images that I think I can use for appliques. princess:

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

So I feel pretty good with my purchases. Now I just need to get these things to see the light of day! Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to try this myself. With my mom's help, I think I can do it!! :cheer2:
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2:
You're going to do so well!!!! I love all the ideas you've dreamed up and your fabric choices are awesome!

Ok, so where exactly are you all getting this petti @???
I didn't know if someone else answered but here is an answer. The petti skirts are coming from either the Disney store or Disneyshopping.com

100_3599.jpg

100_3602.jpg

I think the belt would be cute.

Ugh! I get my new sewing machine out of the box and read over the manual. I am trying to set the darn thing up and realize I am missing the zig-zag presser foot. :headache: Can I pick one of those up at Jo-Anns (it is a Brother) or am I going to have to order it. This was the last machine like this that Wal-Mart had.

Is there a custmer service number for the manufacturer/distributor?

I went out and bought the princess storybook to make a skirt. For those of you who made these, did you cut the storybooks out on the dotted lines and then applique each patch onto the skirt? Or is there another way? I guess I'm not sure how to make one.

TIA!
Chantell

I went out and bought the princess storybook to make a skirt. For those of you who made these, did you cut the storybooks out on the dotted lines and then applique each patch onto the skirt? Or is there another way? I guess I'm not sure how to make one.

TIA!
Chantell
I have one that I did and just sewed the pages together like a stripwork skirt. That's how I plan to do the others that I have.

100_3599.jpg

100_3602.jpg

Great job on the applique! And I think the belt is a great idea!

Hi ladies!!

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

Good luck! Looks like fun!

For those of you who asked, here is my crown. It is green because that is the color of paper I had handy when I cut it :confused3 I'm leaving it full sized for those who want to copy it.

Auroracrown.jpg

Here are my latest creations. I love the second set!:lovestruc :love:

47b8db37b3127ccea82cdd473a1800000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

47b8db37b3127ccea82cdd12bb7d00000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

47b8db37b3127ccea82cddfabb9500000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

47b8db37b3127ccea82cddc6bba900000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

47b8db37b3127ccea82cdd9d3ac200000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

I can't wait to start working on some Disney outfits but I have not been inspired yet. I bought fabric today to start working on a welcome home set for Mark's homecoming---it will take awhile because I have some serious apppliqueing to do on it.

Hi ladies!!

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

looks like you've got some great ideas. Welcome!

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4279.jpg

IMG_4282.jpg

Lori

OMG this oufit is FAB!!!!:worship: :worship: I bow down to your wicked applique skills!!!

Here is what I have been working on lately:
DSC00464.jpg

I totally CASED this one! I am still not completely happy with the bottom, but oh well.

DSC00467.jpg

this it the new round neck top from YCMT with the easy fit pants. I think i am going to like this pattern once I get a few more under my belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter