• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused3 Question for those of you doing the mystery quilt from ycmt....Do you think the 3rd color is more of a fuschia or a samon color...I know I probably can use either, but just wanted another opinion I am going out to get my other colors and wondered what you thought?
I used this fabric:
SH3514_Blush.jpg

Sort of a combination of both!

I am almost done remodeling my daughters room. I tried so hard to get her to do horses. She won though. It's an Ariel bedroom. One wall is purple, the rest a very pale yelow named "Good Morning Sunshine" I am very proud of the valence I made. It is from Ariel Walmart fabric. I then sewed some dangle trim. It is so cool because the trim is various shades of turquoise (sp?) but next to the purple sheer curtains, takes on some purple tones. It sparkles in the sun. Here is her bed with the "anti-monster" curtain. Did you know that this keeps out the monsters, so three year old little girls sleep "all by myself" now???

agmroom008.jpg

agmroom006.jpg
I need an "Anti Monster" curtain!

Leighanna ALWAYS ends up in our room before the night is over!

Great job!

I used this fabric:
SH3514_Blush.jpg

Sort of a combination of both!

Thanks Tom..:thumbsup2 now seeing your print it makes me feel a little better about using a small print for my light pink.

Do you have any tips on the crayon rolls....I love them and would like to make some for our family reunion in a couple of weeks. Pretty much a pattern as I am most definitely one of those people who needs a pattern something to look at or even written out directions!!!:lmao:

Did you know that this keeps out the monsters, so three year old little girls sleep "all by myself" now???

agmroom008.jpg

agmroom006.jpg

Hey, does that work on five year olds? The room looks great, I need to finish Megan's, it is half her old nursery, half new stuff.

Hey, I updated my trip report. I'm almost done!

Thanks Tom..:thumbsup2 now seeing your print it makes me feel a little better about using a small print for my light pink.

Do you have any tips on the crayon rolls....I love them and would like to make some for our family reunion in a couple of weeks. Pretty much a pattern as I am most definitely one of those people who needs a pattern something to look at or even written out directions!!!:lmao:

Ok, so Duh! Why didn't I just google it.....and low and behold...I found one!!! step by step....picture by picture....for me the sewing idiot!:rotfl2:

Ok, so Duh! Why didn't I just google it.....and low and behold...I found one!!! step by step....picture by picture....for me the sewing idiot!:rotfl2:
:goodvibes This is the Tut I used! http://skiptomylou.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/on-a-roll/

Although, the crayons that I purchased are boxes of 24.

So, being that I could not throw that many crayons away, or pick which ones I wanted to use, I made my to hold 21.:headache:

Why 21 do you ask? Well, to save on fabric, I cut the fabric width wise, got 2 pieces approx. 22 1/2" each. That made room for 21 crayons allowing for the seam allowances.
Also the interfacing that I bought was 22 1/2" wide, so it made for a lot easier rotary cutting!
I threw out the white crayon (who uses white anyway:confused: , unless your are coloring on dark or black paper.) And also got rid of a couple of other colors that don't quite fit the rainbow spectrum!;) (At least in my world!:snooty: )

Don't worry, I didn't really throw them away! We will use them around the house or in some other craft project somewhere!

Hope this helps!

I might even try to get a picture of them when I am done!

For the crayon roll ups. Someone suggested using a fabric placemat. So I picked some up for 50 cents each and I also picked up a pack of ten twist up crayons. (Jenna likes the twist up crayons cause they don't have to be sharpened.) Hopefully I can get to this tonight because it was supposed to be a surprise gift to her for in the car. I also got her an Enchanted coloring book.

Maureen,

her room turned out so cute!!!

I love that mural.

I need an "Anti Monster" curtain!

Leighanna ALWAYS ends up in our room before the night is over!

Great job!

Hey, does that work on five year olds? The room looks great, I need to finish Megan's, it is half her old nursery, half new stuff.

Hey, I updated my trip report. I'm almost done!

Thanks everyone! I love getting compliments! Her little room looks simply darling and girly if i do say so myself! I bet there will now be a mad dash to purchase "Anti-Monster" curtains.

the mural fills the entire wall. We bought it from Lowes i think almost 6 years ago. it was pretty easy to put up, but took 3 of us to handle all of the sections. i think it's in 8 sections. I'm trying to find another one for my other son of the "world" I want like a map.

I'm skimming and going back to quote quotes so I apologize if I missed anyone. Everything is so cute!

Elisa - Great pictures from your trip! I really like those princess halters.

I would LOVe to see some pictures from December in Disney World! We will be there the 1st through the 8th and I need to know what sort of clothes I need to make for the girls!

Thanks to anyone who can help me out or anyone who lives near orlando who can tell me what the weather is like in December! TIA! Candice:lovestruc

We were there this past December 7-14. The weather was beautiful (80's) and we wore shorts/capris and t-shirts the whole time and were able to swin every day. We only had to pull out sweatshirts one night. Everyone mentioned that it was unseasonable warm, though. I planned long sleeved t-shirts to go under most outfits and I think leggings would be a great idea for under dresses, just in case.

Mom finished the hem on outfit #3 last night:

th_minniedress.jpg

Very cute! I love the black accent with the ribbon.

I finished a few more things. We are meeting some online friends when we get to Orlando. I made these for her kiddos-
th_IMG_1645.jpg
th_IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

You've done a wonderful job on all of these! Your Tink is absolutely fabulous!! I love, love, love the mix of fabrics.

Great outfit! I love how you used the cherry prints in different scales.

That is very pretty. I like the flowers with ric rac stems. I've been seeing those a lot in scrapbooking too.

Your outfits are always so bright and fun that I can't help but fall in love with them. Your girls are sweet too! I love the outfit you made for your older DD and I want to make something very similar for Megan.

I SOOOOO want to tell you all about something that happened at Epcot the other day, but I am trying to save it for my trip report! But, I will tell you that Lydia DID get to meet Marie while she was wearing her Marie custom!!! It was MAGICAL!!! Lydia was SOOOOO excited!!!
Here are some pictures:
Marie admiring Lydia's dress:
DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
DSCF3348.jpg

Marie was really cute and sweet! I am SOOO happy we got to see her!

Those pictures are beyond precious!! I'm so glad that we're getting a few glimpses of your trip. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. I can't wait for the trip reports!!

I SOOOOO want to tell you all about something that happened at Epcot the other day, but I am trying to save it for my trip report! But, I will tell you that Lydia DID get to meet Marie while she was wearing her Marie custom!!! It was MAGICAL!!! Lydia was SOOOOO excited!!!
Here are some pictures:
th_DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
th_DSCF3348.jpg

Oh, Ella and I are SO jealous!! How very cool that you got to meet Marie! I think Ella may have passed out cold if she actually got to meet Marie - so, it may have been a good thing we didn't see her - we might have had another head wound!:lmao:

Have a great next couple of days and a safe trip home!

this is my first attempt at sewing since high school (20+ years) - I made it a size larger because we aren't going to DW until next summer.
th_MVC-067S-1.jpg
th_MVC-064S-1.jpg

Cute outfit - I love that purple Tink fabric. Great job on the slipcovers! Makes me wish that our pop-up needed some sprucing up! :laughing:

I have a few dollars left in my account and want to buy a ycmt pattern. Which one? These are the ones I am debating:

Carlac stripwork jummper
"" easy fit pants
" ruffled capris and pants
erin's designs ruffled halter tops
star bright desings adorbale cris cross top

which one???? I love them all!

Everyone keeps raving about the Easy Fit Pants, so that's next on my wish list. I really want that ruffled halter top too. I also think the Simply Sweet dress pattern would be very versatile of you had a little one who likes dresses/jumpers.

I am almost done remodeling my daughters room. I tried so hard to get her to do horses. She won though. It's an Ariel bedroom. One wall is purple, the rest a very pale yelow named "Good Morning Sunshine" I am very proud of the valence I made. It is from Ariel Walmart fabric. I then sewed some dangle trim. It is so cool because the trim is various shades of turquoise (sp?) but next to the purple sheer curtains, takes on some purple tones. It sparkles in the sun. Here is her bed with the "anti-monster" curtain. Did you know that this keeps out the monsters, so three year old little girls sleep "all by myself" now???

agmroom008.jpg

agmroom006.jpg

I love it! Seems funny to see someone actually using the pillowcase for it's intended purpose. :rotfl: The trim on the curtains is a great touch!

Okay so if one is sewing ruffles on pants I imagine one must RUFFLE something first right?

:lmao:

I seriously don't know who I'm kidding. Every time I think about sewing I start to sweat in a most unladylike manner!

I've a fear of failure...and getting stuck with needles.

I'm much better at being the boss of everyone!!!

seriously.

Come on Miss Cammie, Sally NEEDS ruffles! You can do it!! Just fold a strip of fabric in half and stitch with a long basting stitch. It practically ruffles itself.

I just got back from having lunch with Leighanna today. I have 13 "orders" for more. Not that I am getting paid anything but hugs and kisses.:lovestruc (That to me is worth more than money!)

I will try to get an assembly line going tonight, and see how many I can get done!

Everyone wanted their name at the top.

I just love visiting my kids at school. That kid lovin' is just the best. Good luck with your project!

Has anyone made a dress or top out of those preshirred fabrics? I have several and I'm not real sure how to cut it. She is only 20" in the chest so I assume I cut the fabric 20" wide. My question is how do you measure where to cut the skirt portion? I guess I'm worried the skirt will not be full enough since she is so little in the chest. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Here are some pictures of the girls at Magic Kingdom
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072183.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072208.jpg

th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072245.jpg

Ahhh...now that's pure heaven!!!
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072260.jpg

The girls got picked to be conductors on the train.
th_IrelandandLexieChristmas20072226.jpg

They also both got picked to be in the Story time with Belle. Alexis LOVED it. She's seen it before but has never gotten picked.

Love the outfits, the girls look so cute! The Dole Whip sure does look yummy! How lucky to be in Story Time with Belle, I'm sure they loved it!

I have been a busy bee! lol, here are a few of my recent creations :
Polka dot Hippo
th_hippo1.jpg

th_hippo3.jpg

Vintage Charm (And finally a picture of one of my other dd's lol)

th_galleryabby.jpg

th_abby5.jpg

multiabby.jpg

abby0001.jpg

th_abbers0000000.jpg

Not sure if I shared this one or not so i will share it again just in case ;)
th_sea5.jpg

and olivias Birthday dress:
th_cupcake03.jpg

th_cupcake06.jpg

th_cupcake00.jpg

th_BF2-1.jpg

BF6-1.jpg

Love all of the dresses. The birthday one is fantastic! I love the Baby Lulu print. I haven't ventured into knits yet but maybe one day! Of course, that assumes I get off my duff and finish the other things I have planned!

Wow, I am almost afraid to post after all that wonderfulness! Beautiful dresses!

Here is what I made today. A friend sent me a picture (I think from ) and asked if I could make it so I practiced on Megan first:

th_IMG_0496.jpg

She got lots of compliments tonight (it was achievement night at school) from the moms. DH thinks it it ridiculous, what do men know about fashion? :mad:

Elisa, I picked up that diamond rosebud fabric several times but thought if I was going to copy you, I shouldn't copy exactly so I put it back. I did find something suitable to copy your cute halter tops, so don't fear, you will be CASEd!

I love the set! Great job!

oh my goodness I had a hard time loading this page today. hmmm my computer must be feeling crazy. anywhoo I finally finished a summer set!
th_IMG_4233.jpg

th_IMG_4225.jpg

th_IMG_4247.jpg

and a silly pic
th_IMG_4243.jpg

Lori

I love this print! I've seen it at Joann's and haven't picked it up yet but I love what you did with it! Fantastic!

Seriously, how sweet are you!

OH my goodness!!! I am so glad that you are all ok!!! :hug:

We had lots of fun with you Steph! Arminda was particuarly smitten with Jacob! :lovestruc and was very sad that we didn't see you the next day!
The outfit you made for Megan was absolutely adorable!!!

I can't tell you how funny it is that anyone would be excited that someone met ME! :rotfl: But, I would love to meet you!

We are still here, we come home on Saturday. :sad2:

Yes, I do. Satuday, May 17.

I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I was when she told me that she met you!

I did meet a non disboutique diser today though, I believe her username was LovesDisney. She was very sweet!

Aww how nice of him to buy you a new sewing machine!!!
We were all very smitten with Jord and Morgan!!! What sweet hearts!!!:love:

Again, I laugh! I am the biggest dork you will ever meet! You should have seen me at the parks today! I went as casual Snow White! :rotfl2:

Don't worry. Corey usually gets straight As. We spoke to all of his teachers before we left, and they all had absolutely no concerns about him catching up when we get back. He brought his books with us to and has been doing some homework here too. Arminda doesn't get letter grades, but she is ahead in most everything, so don't worry about her either. And, my baby Lydia isn't in school yet.

Here are some pictures:
th_DSCF3344.jpg

Posing like Marie:
th_DSCF3348.jpg

Oh, I love your Marie pictures! Lydia looks thrilled! That is what I love about Disney, it is so magical! Have a great rest of the trip! Come home safe and sound too!

this is my first attempt at sewing since high school (20+ years) - I made it a size larger because we aren't going to DW until next summer.
th_MVC-067S-1.jpg

I also made some slipcovers for our popup camper:

th_MVC-066S-1.jpg

th_MVC-064S-1.jpg

Great job! Love the slipcovers!

Haven't had much time to post lately but I had to vent to someone who would understand. My mother in law called dh at work yesterday. Guess where she called from????? SOARIN!!!!!! They decided to take a spur of the moment trip and thought Disney would be fun. What on earth were they thinking not taking us with them?!?!?!??!?! I'm so totally green with envy I can hardly stand it.

I'd be jealous too!

agmroom008.jpg

th_agmroom006.jpg

Great job on the room! Love the valance!

Quick question for those who've done the storybook skirts, the Mickey Mouse one, where did you find the book fabric? Wally World or Joanne's? I'm looking for a quick fix for our trip in two and a half weeks.

Thanks!

I got the books last week at Joanne's. I haven't seen them at Wal-mart or Hancock in my area.

Now that I'm caught up I guess I better finish up DD2's birthday invitations so I can get started working on her skirt for her party!

th_MVC-067S-1.jpg

I also made some slipcovers for our popup camper:

th_MVC-066S-1.jpg

th_MVC-064S-1.jpg

I think you did a great job!

That Cars fabric is also the very same fabric that I am using for my youngest daughter's ruffled top. I was fortunate to find a lot of it in a Baltimore WalMart. You are very talented!

Has anyone made a dress or top out of those preshirred fabrics? I have several and I'm not real sure how to cut it. She is only 20" in the chest so I assume I cut the fabric 20" wide. My question is how do you measure where to cut the skirt portion? I guess I'm worried the skirt will not be full enough since she is so little in the chest. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
I just measured Jenna and had the ladies cut that length. They just cut it straight across.

Thanks SAHM1000!

I ended up going out and hit Joann's I hit pay dirt, well, I will tomorrow but I did pick up one of the two Mickey Mouse Clubhouse books and am in the process of cutting it out to start on the skirt.

I'll be going back for some pre-shirred material and maybe a few more books like the princesses, Cinderella, and Cars. We'll see how long it takes me to make the first skirt. Then I've got to get a halter top going.

Elisa, I would love to know what pattern you're using for halters as well, I love that square neckline. I looked for the diamond and rose fabric at my Joann's but they didn't have any, I'll have to try the other Joann's.

Candicenicole- it looks like we will be at the world at the same time, we are there 12/2-12/9. We have been there before at the beginning of December a few times. It has been warm the past few years, maybe chilly in mornings and evenings. Are you going to MVMCP? We are going on 12/4.

Love all the customs, this is the only thread I read daily. One of the nurses I work with promised to give me a sewing machine, so hopefully soon I can post some creations rather than lurking and purchasing all of your beautiful creations off of :wizard: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter