Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candicenicole- it looks like we will be at the world at the same time, we are there 12/2-12/9. We have been there before at the beginning of December a few times. It has been warm the past few years, maybe chilly in mornings and evenings. Are you going to MVMCP? We are going on 12/4.

Love all the customs, this is the only thread I read daily. One of the nurses I work with promised to give me a sewing machine, so hopefully soon I can post some creations rather than lurking and purchasing all of your beautiful creations off of :wizard: .

Well that is great! Hope for a warm week this year as well! I am not sure about the MVMCP. I did not get the tickets yet. i really do not know anything about it but since i am funding this trip, It depends on how much $$$$ I make between now and then! lol

Thanks for the Info!

Thought I would come out of lurk mode and share the packages we received in the mail a few days ago. The first set of pics is for our October WDW trip.
The second set is my 8 year old modeling her Biscotti corset dress that she will wear to her sister's rehearsal dinner in September.

100_1305-1.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1308.jpg

100_1309.jpg

I just love the barettes they are so cute !

100_1299.jpg

100_1301.jpg

100_1302.jpg

I did'nt tie it very tightly in this so it may look a tad loose
100_1304.jpg

She's starting to look so grown up :sad1:

Thought I would come out of lurk mode and share the packages we received in the mail a few days ago. The first set of pics is for our October WDW trip.
The second set is my 8 year old modeling her Biscotti corset dress that she will wear to her sister's rehearsal dinner in September.

100_1305-1.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1308.jpg

100_1309.jpg

I just love the barettes they are so cute !

100_1299.jpg

100_1301.jpg

100_1302.jpg

I did'nt tie it very tightly in this so it may look a tad loose
100_1304.jpg

She's starting to look so grown up :sad1:
Wow those are super cute!!!

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my newest creation and my BIG news! Well here is the newest dress that I made for Roseanna:
47b8db35b3127ccea83b3c19aa2700000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

47b8db35b3127ccea83b3c1c2b1200000015138AcNmjZwzcNa

and the news is......that I have finally decided to try to start selling my bows and creations on ebay. i have spent months trying to perfect my skills and this dress and the comments that it has recieved out and about was the last push to get me started. I have one listing up and need to take pictures of 2 more sets and create listings for them tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies, this my be my last way to fund our Disney trip this fall for Mark's homecoming.

WHERE IS WENDY -- UTAHMAMA!!??

Seems like she hasn't been around in while, anybody know where she is?????

Hi everyone! I wanted to share my newest creation and my BIG news! Well here is the newest dress that I made for Roseanna:

and the news is......that I have finally decided to try to start selling my bows and creations on ebay. i have spent months trying to perfect my skills and this dress and the comments that it has recieved out and about was the last push to get me started. I have one listing up and need to take pictures of 2 more sets and create listings for them tomorrow. Wish me luck ladies, this my be my last way to fund our Disney trip this fall for Mark's homecoming.

Congratulations on your decision to sell on ebay! Now you need to have somewhere what your ebay id is so we can cheer you on!!

The outfit is adorable!!! And, we need an ebay id so we can check it out!

OH YES, an ID in the siggy would be helpful here!

Congrats! I hope you do great!

thanks ladiesfor all the encouragement! I added my id to my siggy---rosiescoutureboutique. My listing is not showing up yet but I looked under help and it says that it can take up to 24 hours to show in the searches???? It shows in my ebay though. I hope it shows up soon because I only did a 5 day listing. I will do 7 day ones for my next 2.

TeresaJoy- Im trying to understand- you are in WDW NOW- right?!
WHY are people wearing long sleeved shirts and jeans???
We are usually there this time of year and I have never worn pants....Are temps really off or something?
You have me concerned!

Okay- so Im thrilled! Kayla my foster got adopted Friday night, and my 2 GA dogs (brother and sister) are getting adopted this week! Hooray! Now I have a nice chocolate labbie boy in GA I have to find a nice home for.....
Mulligan

The butterfly dress was a big hit at the birthday party-heres an action shot-

and my cousins stopped in yesterday for lunch and wanted to see all the outfits I've made. Felt so good to have someone admire my sewing.
Guess what I made them???
Canadian Chedder Cheese Soup (recipe from Mickey Monitor)

It was a big hit- turns out I didnt fare so well though- I just cant eat onions any more.
Up for tomorrow- something with pooh fabric I think
oh and I made this yesterday-
travel sized pillow- perfect for a 2yr old

custom bows to match my outfits from waughzee- got these a week ago, but havent shared yet

Very pretty. I have that fabric. I may have to CASE you.

We are usually there this time of year and I have never worn pants....Are temps really off or something?
You have me concerned!

Okay- so Im thrilled! Kayla my foster got adopted Friday night, and my 2 GA dogs (brother and sister) are getting adopted this week! Hooray! Now I have a nice chocolate labbie boy in GA I have to find a nice home for.....
Mulligan

The butterfly dress was a big hit at the birthday party-heres an action shot-

and my cousins stopped in yesterday for lunch and wanted to see all the outfits I've made. Felt so good to have someone admire my sewing.
Guess what I made them???
Canadian Chedder Cheese Soup (recipe from Mickey Monitor)

It was a big hit- turns out I didnt fare so well though- I just cant eat onions any more.
Up for tomorrow- something with pooh fabric I think
oh and I made this yesterday-
travel sized pillow- perfect for a 2yr old

custom bows to match my outfits from waughzee- got these a week ago, but havent shared yet

very cute stuff. If I wasn't in an apartment I would take that cutie doggy in. He is beautiful. My aunt has a chocolate lab and he looks just like that one. He is such a doll too.

Teresa, so glad you came here to post! Did I miss the Snow White outfit you are talking about? I'd love a picture!

My oldest son used to want to be an astronaut. He had it all planned out in 3rd grade. Go to Naval Academy, learn to fly, become and astronaut. Now he wants to go to the Naval Academy and be a sharp shooter, and an engineer. Oh and play lacrosse while there:)
I just quoted myself. Just wanted to show you the wall mural on Ben's old bedroom.

agmroom014.jpg
Oh my goodness!!! I showed Lydia that mural, and she was jumping up and down excited!!! That is so cool!!!

I didn't post a picture of my Snow White. I just threw it together after we got here. Like I said, it was not real flattering, but for you guys, I'll post a picture!
akpic.jpg

The pants were long, but I cut them off for capris and I tacked red ribbon on the sleeves of the shirt.

I think the thermostat must be broke!!! I've turned it way up and it's still cold...and now it's raining!! Bring some of that Florida sunshine back with you!!
Oh shoot! We'll try to bring the warm back then!
I am almost done remodeling my daughters room. I tried so hard to get her to do horses. She won though. It's an Ariel bedroom. One wall is purple, the rest a very pale yelow named "Good Morning Sunshine" I am very proud of the valence I made. It is from Ariel Walmart fabric. I then sewed some dangle trim. It is so cool because the trim is various shades of turquoise (sp?) but next to the purple sheer curtains, takes on some purple tones. It sparkles in the sun. Here is her bed with the "anti-monster" curtain. Did you know that this keeps out the monsters, so three year old little girls sleep "all by myself" now???

th_agmroom008.jpg

th_agmroom006.jpg
Maureen! I love it! How precious! I love the valances and the anti-monster curtain!
TERESA JOY!!! Have SO much fun at Kennedy Space Center!!! It's a WONDERFUL place to visit!!! Make sure Lydia tries some "Astronaut" ice cream!! It's crunchy!!

I grew up going to Johnson Space Center in Houston all the time!!! Y'all will have a BLAST!!! PUN SO INTENDED!!!!
You are funny! I'll look for the ice cream!
Im sorry I didn't get to meet you as well - I just happened to look up and see your sister and literally jumped infront of her stroller! She looked like she was taking the heat a lot better than we were!

Enjoy the space center! We haven't been there in YEARS!
That figures you'd see her on a day we weren't together!

I need an "Anti Monster" curtain!

Leighanna ALWAYS ends up in our room before the night is over!
Lydia too!

Those pictures are beyond precious!! I'm so glad that we're getting a few glimpses of your trip. Looks like you are having a wonderful time. I can't wait for the trip reports!!
Thanks!!! Corey is talking about writing a trip report too!
Oh, Ella and I are SO jealous!! How very cool that you got to meet Marie! I think Ella may have passed out cold if she actually got to meet Marie - so, it may have been a good thing we didn't see her - we might have had another head wound!:lmao:

Have a great next couple of days and a safe trip home!
I was so happy that we met Marie while she was in her very special Marie dress! :hug:

Oh, I love your Marie pictures! Lydia looks thrilled! That is what I love about Disney, it is so magical! Have a great rest of the trip! Come home safe and sound too.
Thank you!

You have me concerned!

I'm going to have to go back through my pictures to see what I posted, I don't remember many long sleeved shirts. It's been pretty hot here during the day. Monday night at Epcot I froze my booty off though after the sun went down! I was FREEEEZING!!! Last year when we were down at this time, it never got real hot though.

I just remembered that I need to do some work on Lydia's Space Center outfit, so I better get going!

Oh my goodness!!! I showed Lydia that mural, and she was jumping up and down excited!!! That is so cool!!!

I didn't post a picture of my Snow White. I just threw it together after we got here. Like I said, it was not real flattering, but for you guys, I'll post a picture!
th_akpic.jpg

The pants were long, but I cut them off for capris and I tacked red ribbon on the sleeves of the shirt.

Oh shoot! We'll try to bring the warm back then!

Maureen! I love it! How precious! I love the valances and the anti-monster curtain!

You are funny! I'll look for the ice cream!

That figures you'd see her on a day we weren't together!

Lydia too!

Thanks!!! Corey is talking about writing a trip report too!

I was so happy that we met Marie while she was in her very special Marie dress! :hug:

Thank you!

Love the casual Snow White outfit!

someone posted with cow print, farm animals and something else. Was something actually made with that? The fabric was really cute! I'd love to see the finished project.

also what does CASE stand for?

I was looking some pictures while printing out my packing list and I just thought that I would post this pic of Jenna. This was what she looked like when she had curls and longish hair.

curlyjenna.jpg

FYI that is not snot hanging out of her nose. That is a scar that she got while at daycare when she was 1 1/2. She fell off of a slide and hit her lip on a bookshelf.

someone posted with cow print, farm animals and something else. Was something actually made with that? The fabric was really cute! I'd love to see the finished project.

also what does CASE stand for?
Copy And Steal Everything It means that you want to use someone's idea. I don't think that anyone on here minds if you do it. I know that I don't. I think it would be cool if someone wanted to CASE me.

I finally finished my DD2's birthday invitations! Yeah!:banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm having a bad night though, thinking of strangling my DH. Good thing he is 300 miles away and my arms aren't that long!

Long off topic RANT to follow!

I asked him to fly (instead of driving 500 miles today from Tulsa, OK to Midland, TX) tomorrow to Midland from Dallas. This would have meant that he would have had to drive home today from Tulsa (about 210 miles) and fly out tomorrow morning. I wanted this for two reasons.....one, he was gone last night and two, we can use the airmiles. The airline tickets do not come out of our money (and neither does the car or gas - he has a company car) but he does have a travel budget. The tickets on Sunday night were $230 round trip. I figure that with driving 500 miles today and about 300 miles tomorrow (for 800 total) his gas has to cost him (I mean his company) $90-100. He has to stay the night in a hotel (minimum $90 if he stays somewhere really cheap but usually $150) and eat (maybe $25). So it works out that he is spending around $205 from his travel budget if he does everything as cheaply as possible instead of $250 for a plane ticket and parking. Not much savings and he didn't come home tonight and his daughters didn't get to see him.

Of course, he calls me around 8:30 tonight to tell me that he got a speeding ticket on the way there for doing 81 mph in a 70 mph. I am usually very understanding about tickets (I have a bit of a lead foot myself) but this is his second one this year. Since he has to drive for his job and since he has a company car where they pay for his insurance we have to pay to get the ticket taken off his record. So it usually ends up costing us around $350 for each ticket :scared1: . Thankfully he has a good job and we can afford to pay for it, but it is like throwing money out the window in my opinion. I have been doing everything in my power lately to keep our costs down since we are expecting baby #3 in 7 weeks and I know our expenses will go up once the baby arrives and I want to do bodily harm to him! The girls and I never eat out when he is gone (which we used to do as a treat - McDonald's or Little Caesars) anymore and I have been using coupons like a mad woman to save on groceries, trying to drive less since gas is up, etc. I think if I had to have my blood pressure taken right now it would be through the roof! And even though I'm not a big drinker (not at all, barely drink as it is) I need a drink but can't b/c I'm pregnant! So instead, I'm ranting and raving to everyone here. I know it's not really a big deal since he is safe and we won't end up losing our home or anything like that but I am spitting mad! Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a better outlook on this. At least I hope I do before he gets home!

Sorry for such an off topic rant and rave!

And I really don't want to do a lot of bodily harm to him, I would maybe just like it if he stubbed his toe or had a hang nail that hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter