Disboutiquers Part 5 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished dd's 101 dalmatian outfit except for the buttons for the strap (the buttons will be on the back)
th_IMG_5891d.jpg
th_IMG_5896d.jpg

I *love* these!!! The colors are stunning - great work! :worship:

If only I were talented enough to CASE this for my dalmatian-loving kidlets...

OH, I see how it goes!!!! :snooty: I've waited every so patiently for pictures :rolleyes1

Now, where's that white one!!! :yay: :
Taylor is SOOOOOO cute!!!!! She looks adorable in the petti!
WHAT?? Did you not see the email I sent directly to you? I could have sworn I sent you one with all the pictures..???? :confused3 [seriously]

Now you might just have to wait a tad longer for the white one as I have not had a chance to complete MY VISION just yet. I am working on one of my BIG GIVE outfits instead. popcorn:: BUT I am glad you remember about "my vision" for that white petti even though I have not given you ANY details! Haahhahaha :lmao:

Mousetriper, I lost the quote, but for my petti colors (too excited, have to share) :rotfl: I ordered pink and white for Lily and black for Jayden. After seeing your pictures I'm really glad I ordered a black one! I keep trying to convince Jayden we need to incorporate her petti into her Halloween costume (a cool witch, Miley Cyrus, etc.) but no, she wants to be Hermione. :confused3
Oh my goodness, the black one seems so much fuller than the other ones I got. Not sure why but it does????:rotfl2: I LOVE THEM!!! I can't wait to see Lily and Jayden in theirs!!!:goodvibes

I would DEFINITELY make a shirt for your trip! It would be SO CUTE in long sleeves with fur cuffs and a big red/white polka dot belt! OOH! We're going in January/February - I may do that myself!
Oh my gosh that is a FABULOUS idea.....I am so gonna go with that. You ROCK girl. Hmmmm...did I ever post my dd in her Valentine get up?? Maybe I should do that....a friend of mine has a photography studio and lots of pettis so we did some pictures. I will have to find them.

Love the minnie outfit. Taylor is stunning. I love chucks and love to see them on little ones. Jackson had a pair that he outgrew, but he loved them. Cooper found them and would not wear anything else. They have both outgrown them now. I am kind of sad because their school won't let J wear them and C is "highly discouraged" from wearing them too.
Thanks so much Stacy! I think chucks are soo adorable on the little ones. I am excited to buy my son his 1st pair...hahahahah!! Your boys are just so dang cute, you ARE doing a trip report right????

Thank you! Let's just say I NEVER leave her studio without an empty wallet!:rotfl:
HAahahaha....:rotfl2:

How cute cute cute! Both the outfit and your DD!!!! I love that shirt. I pmed you about the petti but would you mind sharing with me where you got the shirt too? I think we might NEED one of those for Dec! Maybe in a sweat shirt though!

When ar eyou guys talking about going??? We are going the second week in Dec for A's bday! I would love to meet up with you guys if you are there! There is word through the grapevine that we might be a "real" family by then! Would love to celebrate with soem fellow adoptive parents!!!

Awww thank you so much Callie....! I saw the shirt a long time ago and then last year I really wanted one but couldn't find it again so I made one. Lets just say it is a good thing you are seeing it from a distance. Hahahaha.....actually DD loves it still and so do I.

We are really hoping to go in early December it just depends on what happens. I would love to meet up with you guys though if we are there at the same time. I am sooo happy that you will be a FOREVER FAMILY by then!!! I am praying for the same thing.

I just finished dd's 101 dalmatian outfit except for the buttons for the strap (the buttons will be on the back)
IMG_5891d.jpg

and ds's matching shirt again
IMG_5896d.jpg
Oh that outfit turned out so adorable. Your DD and DS are gonna look so cute in them!!!! Way to go!!!! LOVE IT!!

I hope you are both celebrting in December!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thank you, I really hope so too!!!

2929329420067077547S500x500Q85.jpg
2617148380067077547S500x500Q85.jpg

Here is a Minnie dress I just finished. I am grateful for the daisy tutorial. I almost put a Mickey head with a bow, but decided the flower would dress it up more! I was working with a remnant and the dots are not quite straight, but she won't care.

I spent most of the day typing touring plans on 4x6 cards. The closer the trip gets, the more I think of to do!
Awww that is adorable. I love the black with the minnie dot!!! VEry very cool

So how many "normal" adult women would shoot their hand to their head to see if they are wearing their crown, then check to see if they are still dressed as Snow White??

:lmao:

I had completely forgotten about the totally cool Princess Crown antenna topper I had bought at Disney World!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
:lmao: Do you really want us to answer that???????? :rotfl2:

Hi Everyone...just thought I would share a few pictures I took of my little one in her new black pettiskirt....all "Minnie'd up"....:rotfl2:

th_1MinniePetti.jpg

th_1MinniePettiTree.jpg

th_1MinnieSkip.jpg

th_1MinnieFaceCrop.jpg
What cutie! You definitely have a little fashionista on your hands there ;)
I think I have the same petti except with a lace trim (I know all too well how long Sams can take *lol*) It does give an awesome shape under fifties style dresses though :) They're one thing I don't think I would ever attempt to make myself.. I've done tulle/cotton petticoats before which are easier, though they're usually less dramatic in terms of pouffiness. I found a basic petti tutorial in a community I used to frequent if anyone wants to give it a try while they're waiting on Sams: (if you check the memories there are other tutes too)
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/6045490.html

I ALMOST FORGOT! I had pictures of my babies taken the Saturday before we left and they are GORGEOUS! If you want or are bored you can view them at http://www.kaybrownphotography.com/mp_includes/index.asp! On the right side click on order/view pics, then click view all events and we are the first one listed: Adkinson!
Beautiful photos, you must be thrilled with them!

Okay, I'm having a bad day and Mindy's pics cheered me up and since I'm on my computer with the "old" photos I thought I'd post a couple I LOVE of Lily. They just go to show, that even if your child is crying throughout the entire photo shoot you can still get some good pictures!

th_Lily1-1.jpg

th_Lily2-1.jpg

And not to leave out the big kids. These were taken before Lily was born. And I love the missing front teeth..and the toes... and little boy bruised legs...wah! They're growing up! :sad:

th_1-1.jpg
Great pics, I love this style.

I finished my friends outfit for dd:

th_DSC00483.jpg

not the best pic, but get the idea

here is what I did with $3 jeans from walmart:
th_DSC00487.jpg
That's really cute, I like the fabrics :)

Now for my really bad rendition of a whale applique lol. It is however done though and that the cool thing since I have to have it in the morning! Also thankfully he is rarely still so noone will see a lot of the uglies lol. BTW we went with the water is clear theory because my night was devoted to something else. ;)

th_sewing024-3.jpg

I remembered about halfway through that I do better going quicker than when I take it slow!

And what my night has been really devoted too.

th_sewing022-2.jpg

We did nails ... obviously not hair. I had forgotten how giggily 4 and 5 year old girls are! DD is on the left and my best friends DD who is 5 is on the right. They are STILL awake! And we have to get up early in the morning. Sigh what was I thinking.
The applique looks awesome. The sailor hat on the whale is a nice touch :)

Here is a Minnie dress I just finished. I am grateful for the daisy tutorial. I almost put a Mickey head with a bow, but decided the flower would dress it up more! I was working with a remnant and the dots are not quite straight, but she won't care.

I spent most of the day typing touring plans on 4x6 cards. The closer the trip gets, the more I think of to do!
Cute dress, I think the flower really finishes it off perfectly.

And, just because I am still up, I thought I'd share with you all a little story.

On Monday, I got to my meeting and was getting out of my van. One of the other sisters was arriving at the same time. She looked at me and said, "OOOhhh, you are a PRINCESS!" My hand IMMEDIATELY shot to my head to see if I'd left a tiara on, then I looked down at my shirt to see if I'd forgotten to take off some of the red ribbons that I had sewn on my blue shirt while we were in Florida.

Perplexed by my odd behavior, the sister then pointed to my van and said, "Your antenna topper. It's a crown."

:headache:

So how many "normal" adult women would shoot their hand to their head to see if they are wearing their crown, then check to see if they are still dressed as Snow White??

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I had completely forgotten about the totally cool Princess Crown antenna topper I had bought at Disney World!

That sounds like something i'd do for sure! :rotfl:

IMG_5891d.jpg

IMG_5896d.jpg

LOVE it! Very, very cute!

Now for my really bad rendition of a whale applique lol. It is however done though and that the cool thing since I have to have it in the morning! Also thankfully he is rarely still so noone will see a lot of the uglies lol. BTW we went with the water is clear theory because my night was devoted to something else. ;)

sewing024-3.jpg

I remembered about halfway through that I do better going quicker than when I take it slow!

sewing022-2.jpg

We did nails ... obviously not hair. I had forgotten how giggily 4 and 5 year old girls are! DD is on the left and my best friends DD who is 5 is on the right. They are STILL awake! And we have to get up early in the morning. Sigh what was I thinking.

The applique looks great! I bet the girls had a great time!

And, just because I am still up, I thought I'd share with you all a little story.

On Monday, I got to my meeting and was getting out of my van. One of the other sisters was arriving at the same time. She looked at me and said, "OOOhhh, you are a PRINCESS!" My hand IMMEDIATELY shot to my head to see if I'd left a tiara on, then I looked down at my shirt to see if I'd forgotten to take off some of the red ribbons that I had sewn on my blue shirt while we were in Florida.

Perplexed by my odd behavior, the sister then pointed to my van and said, "Your antenna topper. It's a crown."

Why, Yes, I AM a Pricess! Thank you for noticing!

Oh my gosh that is a FABULOUS idea.....I am so gonna go with that. You ROCK girl. Hmmmm...did I ever post my dd in her Valentine get up?? Maybe I should do that....a friend of mine has a photography studio and lots of pettis so we did some pictures. I will have to find them.

OOH, Yes! you need to post pics! There's never too many pics of pettis!

Wait a minute...what does that mean..."since I am a CM now"? DO YOU MEAN A CAST MEMBER AT DISNEY???? How did I miss this????? :confused3 Gotta put my glasses on!:3dglasses

Welcome home Mindy! I loved the sister pics...makes me cry! I have to go back and look at them more closely but they were beautiful!

Heather Sue - way to go on your gorgeous AK Big Give outfit!!!!

Sorry so brief but I gotta get to bed now! Look no time for color! :headache:

I am a CM at a Disney Store. But since Disney now owns us again.. YEAH!!...we get many of the same benefits as park cast members. I would love to be a cm at the park, and I think I can do sort of an intership there. We just had a lead who was there for 5 months.

I am keeping my wonderful holiday material. It is blue and white and has the gang playing in the snow. I am thinking of making dd's Christmas dress out of it still and maybe dd13 a skirt with it.

OK I want opinions before I break out the sewing machine lol.
This is what DD 4 is wearing tomorrow ... I am debating doing an applique where the red in middle is the bodice or the center strip.
th_sewing038-1-1.jpg

So of course DS 1 has to match he has shorts but I could not be that simple ... insert eye roll here.
th_sewing010-1-1.jpg

Without the shorts
th_sewing014-2-1.jpg

With them
And since 16 month olds are rarely still enough to actually see what they are wearing here it is.
th_sewing018-2.jpg

I do not like how the whale bleeds through the water but it is tomorrow so I am sucking it up and taking one for the team on that one. Since he is so little it looked strange centered hence the off center so yes that is on purpose lol. Now my question should I make some cute little saying to match it or just leave it as is? Should I mess with DD's outfit or do you think it is ok the way it is?

I love it how it is. It is so cute! Love the what idea!

I finally finished my BIG GIVE outfit.
th_LionKingonfloor.jpg

I'm a little insecure about how the applique turned out, but I'll post a picture of it anyway.
th_6-1-08babysimbaapplique.jpg

Isabelle is a little bigger than Tessa, so it should fit her better.
th_LionKingIsabelle.jpg

What a beautiful job you did! I love the AK dress! The applique is awesome!

Hi Everyone...just thought I would share a few pictures I took of my little one in her new black pettiskirt....all "Minnie'd up"....:rotfl2:

th_1MinniePetti.jpg

th_1MinnieFaceCrop.jpg

That top is so cute! Love the petti...want to buy one big one but our Disney Store one will have to do for now!

Well I actually used that skirt pattern and added it to the CarlaC Simply Sweet Tops and Dress pattern and made the dress that I posted for the big give. I just shortened the bottom layer of the skirt so it wouldn't be too long with the longer bodice that I did.
th_S2010233.jpg

It looks great. DD wants a giselle dress. I was going to do the white princess dress, but now what we are going in Sept it will be too hot! This is a really great idea!

I finished my friends outfit for dd:

th_DSC00483.jpg

not the best pic, but get the idea

here is what I did with $3 jeans from walmart:
th_DSC00487.jpg

Great job! I love the jeans! Need some ideas for all my holiday micky fabric!

Okay, I'm having a bad day and Mindy's pics cheered me up and since I'm on my computer with the "old" photos I thought I'd post a couple I LOVE of Lily. They just go to show, that even if your child is crying throughout the entire photo shoot you can still get some good pictures!

th_Lily1-1.jpg

th_Lily2-1.jpg

And not to leave out the big kids. These were taken before Lily was born. And I love the missing front teeth..and the toes... and little boy bruised legs...wah! They're growing up! :sad:

th_1-1.jpg

You have beautiful children. And I love those pictures.

th_IMG_5891d.jpg

th_IMG_5896d.jpg

WOW! I love it! I have some fabric to make a similar dress, I just don't have everything yet. DD4 really wants a 101 Dalmation dress.

It is beautiful! I love the flower. For our minnie dress I am thinking of just buying a daisy and pinning it to the dress..

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So I was at Walmart tonight and saw they had some clearance disney fabrics...

this fabric $3.00 yard
th_P1010194.jpg

this little mermaid one also for $3.00 yard
Sorry you can't see this one very well.
th_100_2813.jpg

And then there was a silky/satiny pink Hanna Montana...that I think was $5 a yard...

I didn't buy any tonite...but I may have to go back and get some...Happy shopping....:moped:

I have both of those fabrics...not the HM..not really into her too much. I wish I got it on sale! Guess I need to go to Walmart!

I am a CM at a Disney Store. But since Disney now owns us again.. YEAH!!...we get many of the same benefits as park cast members. I would love to be a cm at the park, and I think I can do sort of an intership there. We just had a lead who was there for 5 months.

I don't suppose you get any discounts on cruises do you? Cause for THAT I might have to get a part time job. Congrats on the new benefits by the way!

Heather, I LOVE the LK applique!

I don't suppose you get any discounts on cruises do you? Cause for THAT I might have to get a part time job. Congrats on the new benefits by the way!

Heather, I LOVE the LK applique!

I think we do...DH won't do a cruise unless it is to Alaska. Who wants to freeze on a cruise? I did mention to him that I think we get a nice discount on a cruise and he had a thoughtful look on his face!

UM... I wouldn't suggest trying to make them. And they're not real easy to buy either. Making them involves LOTS and LOTS of fabric, and LOTS and LOTS of ruffles. Buying them involves LOTS and LOTS of patience (the company takes FOREVER to produce them), or a happy bidding finger on :wizard: ! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thanks for the encouragement! and optimism :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: So i guess i will just admire all of your little girls from afar:goodvibes

sewing024-3.jpg

sewing022-2.jpg

The whale is adorable!

Looks like the girls had fun doing their nailsprincess: princess:

Don't all of us Disney girls walk around with our tiara's on?:lmao:

Very cute story!

As you all can see I have no clue how to do the multi post quote sorry!!!!!

I ALMOST FORGOT! I had pictures of my babies taken the Saturday before we left and they are GORGEOUS! If you want or are bored you can view them at http://www.kaybrownphotography.com/mp_includes/index.asp! On the right side click on order/view pics, then click view all events and we are the first one listed: Adkinson!
Oh my goodness!!! Those are BEAUTIFUL pictures! Your girls are just gorgeous!!! Welcome home!! I'm glad you had a good time.

This is SUCH a DARLING outfit!!! Girl you are SO flippin talented!!! LOVE IT!!! I would wear it!!! :goodvibes
What size would you like?;) I actually held the skirt part up to myself before I attached it to the bodice and I thought "hmmmm....I'd wear that". :rotfl:

Thanks Ladies! I'm a little nervous about the dress (okay I'm nervous about the circle skirt too). I know that it's a DISboutique promise to show off any/all creations :worried:....Well if they come out awful, it will be good for a laugh right?

Speaking of laughs...I'm having a totally mommy moment as I'm typing this. DD has bronchitis and an ear infection so I kept her home from day care today...which means we cuddled on the couch watching Disney movies all day. DD finally let me get up and check my email (and Disboards of course) and she ended up falling asleep sitting up next to me. But I just realized that I'm still singing along to HSM2 and she's asleep! Why am I leaving this on the TV????
We all were beginners once, so we would never laugh at your efforts! Sorry to hear about your sick little one. So funny about leaving the show on. I often realize about 1/2 way through naptime that Noggin is still on (and I'm singing along with Moosehead A. Moose).

So funny about leaving the show on. I often realize about 1/2 way through naptime that Noggin is still on (and I'm singing along with Moosehead A. Moose).

I do that too!

Days are the sunniest
jokes are the funniest...
elephants are the tonniest
Troubles - they're the none-iest

Everywhere I go!

Everyone's outfits look wonderfull. You ladies are so creative!!

I've finally finished a summer shirt for myself - :scared1: I know! It's a little too big because I didn't think I was the size of the pattern, but apparently I am. I have some corrections to do and then I'll post it.

I'm off to Joanne's today to get some fabric for shorts for DD8 - yup she's grown out of all her shorts! I love that they're healthy, but can they just stay in one size for a season so I can recover financially!!!

I think we do...DH won't do a cruise unless it is to Alaska. Who wants to freeze on a cruise? I did mention to him that I think we get a nice discount on a cruise and he had a thoughtful look on his face!

OK, I have to say...your DH is SO right!!! My in-laws gave us a cruise to Alaska as a wedding gift, and it was AMAZING. Before I got used to the idea, I agreed with you- I thought Alaska was a crazy destination. But when the boat pulled up next to the glacier in glacier bay and we watched the icebergs calve- we're talking pieces of ice the size of a house tumbling into the ocean- that's the most amazing thing I've seen so far in this life. (note: I don't have kids yet.)

If you wouldn't mind PMing me the details of the cruise discount- That's a dream of mine I haven't been willing to indulge in at full price yet, and I would seriously consider taking the second job to do it!!

On another topic, I have been to two wal-marts lately, saw the silky HM on clearance for $6.00 but I did not see the pink minnie and I may have to go search at a couple others for it!

Those turned out really cute.

I love the Minnie dress, but where is the tutorial for the flower that you mentioned?

It is in Teresajoy's bookmarks. Here is the url: http://disboutiquers.proboards106.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=76

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. That makes:
1 long fancy princess dress
2 Pooh outfits
2 short princess outfits
1 AK outfit
1 outfit for our O'Hana breakfast
1 Mickey and Minnie outfit
1 Minnie dress
and 2 sets of matching shirts

Plus I know there were at least 1 (if not 2) other things, but it has been several months (and Giuliana has them at her home) so I cannot remember. I'm done (of course, I said that after the last outfit--then when I saw that remnant of precious Minnie dot..................!) At this point, I think the only thing that would tempt me is if I saw something appropriate for Epcot.

I feel a little inadequate compared to all the wonderful stripwork, twirl skirts, and beautiful appliques... I think the most difficult part is not being able to try stuff on her. She didn't know until last Friday that she and her mom were going with me. I just made things and gave them to her grandmother to give to her mom. They tried them on her and said they fit. In just a couple of weeks, I get to see for myself!!!

Wow! That turned out great! She's going to love it! I love how you put the fabric appliques on the jeans- very cute!

Let me just say- we are going to have some GORGEOUS grandchildren!! :thumbsup2

We got a package in the mail yesterday!!! Tessa was SOOO excited to get her birthday card from Luke. It is currently hanging on her bedroom wall. She wants to make something for him now. She has already made him a pink sparkly foam frame, but I'm trying to encourage her to make him something a little more boyish. ::yes:: The letter was too cute!! Did he sign his own name? If so, he has VERY good penmanship!

AHHH I won't panic but...we just changed our ressies for our trip to Disney. We were going Dec7-13, but since I am a cm now, I decided to try a different time with a different discount. We are going Sept 28-Oct 4. That is only 107 days away!
YAY!!!!! Also, congrats on being a CM!! How cool is that!? I would be happy to just have a Disney Store close by!

Two Words,

ZAC EFRON!!!!

efron_zac.jpg

:thumbsup2
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Sorry so brief but I gotta get to bed now! Look no time for color!
I was going to say that I almost didn't recognize you because of the lack of color. But, my sister beat me to it!

These are just adorable!!! How cute are they going to be!?! GREAT job!

I think your applique looks wonderful! I guess we're all more critical of ourselves! I'm glad the "go fast" method works for you! I didn't go fast on a lot of the Lion King applique and that's why my lines are so wonky in the face area.

The girls painting their nails are too cute!! I just love those little giggles.

WOW!! I LOVE IT! Just when you think there's nothing new anyone can do with minnie dot, someone posts another original, fantastic outfit!

So how many "normal" adult women would shoot their hand to their head to see if they are wearing their crown, then check to see if they are still dressed as Snow White?

Oh my gosh, that is SOOO funny!! :rotfl: You are such a dork!

I think I'm going to start going to your WalMart!! I don't think I've ever seen Disney fabric on clearance at ours. Oh, I take that back, the Pooh toile was once $2/yard and I bought the whole bolt.

I am SO with you on that! I have NO desire to cruise to Alaska, of all places! My mom and dad are planning an Alaskan cruise for their 45th anniversary next year. They're nuts!

I do that too!

Days are the sunniest
jokes are the funniest...
elephants are the tonniest
Troubles - they're the none-iest

Everywhere I go!
Yes, but you actually know all the words! :rotfl:

I've finally finished a summer shirt for myself - :scared1: I know! It's a little too big because I didn't think I was the size of the pattern, but apparently I am. I have some corrections to do and then I'll post it.

I can't wait to see your shirt!

this little mermaid one also for $3.00 yard
Sorry you can't see this one very well.
100_2813.jpg

Wow! Do you want to know how much the Little Mermaid Fabric is here in Canada at Wal-Mart? 7.88$/metre! (1 metre = 1.09 yards / 1 CAD $ = 0.96 USD $). I really need to go cross-border shopping this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter