Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Okay so round one of Elsa dress has issues. I am relatively new to sewing and I drafted it myself. I got tired and should have stopped sewing but instead I modified my pattern. I added both elastic and a zipper So the bodice couldn't be attached. It is now a skirt for DD. Anyways here is the first round :) second round will have the bodice and one type of opening :)

Edited: removed giant picture.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love all of the dresses everyone is making.

emmamc252: The puzzle and shirt are wonderful!

Hey everyone! Just found the board! We are leaving for disney in 23 days and of course I've left all my sewing/crafting until the last minute! I'm so excited to browse through here and see everyone's creations! Here's my to-do list for our trip:
1. Applique shirts for dd5 and ds3 for animal kingdom.
2. Dress for MK for my Dd (I scored a yard of fashionable princess fabric!) I'll be using llk's homegrown tank dress pattern.
3. Minnie/Mickey inspired dress using this same pattern
4. Drawstring backpacks for both kiddos
5. Matching princess protection agency shirts for dh and ds.
6. Anna and Elsa shirts I've designed for myself and my dd.
7. Finishing up my daughter's custom minnie mouse toms.

Think I can get it all done??? I will say I have already gotten their Easter baskets made and Easter outfits so hopefully I can stay focused on Disney crafting!!!

I have been watching this group for awhile :-) In fact this thread (or the one a few threads back) is the reason that I got an embroidery machine....which turned into a bigger embroidery machine and I am hooked :-) I am also back to sewing! We have done several trips since said machine was purchased.

I am now planning a 10 day (wohoo) trip for the food and wine festival. It is adults only and we will do all special outfits (we are cheesey, but even as adults we do get so much extra attention!)

I am just now starting to plan our outfits for this trip. The first part will be my mom and I only and then my dh will join us and my mom will leave after 1 day of it being the 3 of us. My dh will wear shirts that I have embroidered only.

I do plan on doing MNSSHP while we are there. I haven't decided yet what how we will dress. Last year we were dalmations. I look forward to seeing everyone's creations and sharing!

Jennifer

I just requested to join the FB group...hopefully picked the right one!

I'm looking for more Disney Fabric but I'm having a hard time finding some cute Disney fabric. We have JoAnn fabric near me that I found some princess fabric and minnie fabric but I'm looking for other princess fabric/princess inspired. Any ideas? Fabric.com seems to have a lot of options but I've not ordered from them before.

Thanks!

I made Easter outfits for my grandchildren. My grandson chose Cars for his shirt so I thought I would share the here.

I used Simplicity 3856 for his shirt and Simplicity 2907 for his pants.

I used Maja's Heirloom's Elsa pattern for the top and Simplicity 2083 for the skirt.

I also made a Disney Princess scrub top as a gift for my daughter who will be graduating from nursing school soon. The pattern is Butterick 5301.

Hi all! I've been MIA for quite a while, but back now! Have missed all the great outfits, ideas, and creations for sure!
I was thinking I didn't have anything toshare, as my daughters are now into Cosplay and Comic Cons etc, but then I realized Shannon (15) did Elsa for Toronto Comic Con in March!
I did the sewing, using a dress pattern for the actual dress, but cutting it down two sizes (she's a size 2, which doesn't exist in pattern-land, lol), but she did all the hand sequinning herself! I was so proud of her! Now she is super interested in sewing, so we're working on a jacket for another cosplay outfit.

The MOST fun about her doing Elsa at Comic Con was that all the little girls thought she really WAS Elsa! One little girl saw her, SCREAMED from across the hall, ran over and grabbed her around the legs, then leaned WAAAY back, looked into Shannon's eyes and said "I you biggest fan!!" We both absolutely melted on the spot! We quit counting at 250 people asking her for photos....

toronto_comic_con_2014__elsa_by_naruhinafanatic-d79ludh.jpg

10012470_10202429360948942_487514531_n.jpg

1011419_737587966275067_111378454_n.jpg

This is the little girl who screamed and ran across the room:
1959342_737588166275047_2078305543_n.jpg

Hi all! I've been MIA for quite a while, but back now! Have missed all the great outfits, ideas, and creations for sure! I was thinking I didn't have anything toshare, as my daughters are now into Cosplay and Comic Cons etc, but then I realized Shannon (15) did Elsa for Toronto Comic Con in March! I did the sewing, using a dress pattern for the actual dress, but cutting it down two sizes (she's a size 2, which doesn't exist in pattern-land, lol), but she did all the hand sequinning herself! I was so proud of her! Now she is super interested in sewing, so we're working on a jacket for another cosplay outfit. The MOST fun about her doing Elsa at Comic Con was that all the little girls thought she really WAS Elsa! One little girl saw her, SCREAMED from across the hall, ran over and grabbed her around the legs, then leaned WAAAY back, looked into Shannon's eyes and said "I you biggest fan!!" We both absolutely melted on the spot! We quit counting at 250 people asking her for photos.... This is the little girl who screamed and ran across the room:

You both did a wonderful job on the dress and your daughter looks beautiful.

I made Easter outfits for my grandchildren. My grandson chose Cars for his shirt so I thought I would share the here.

I used Simplicity 3856 for his shirt and Simplicity 2907 for his pants.

I used Maja's Heirloom's Elsa pattern for the top and Simplicity 2083 for the skirt.

I also made a Disney Princess scrub top as a gift for my daughter who will be graduating from nursing school soon. The pattern is Butterick 5301.

Beautiful! I love seeing everyone's creations (Disney and other!). Your grandkids are going to be adorable!

So... after reading pages and pages of your wonderful ideas and being completely inspired, I dusted off my sewing machine and 48 hours later, here's what I finished for my daughters:

Minnieinspireddresses_zps93a3c2a5.jpg

So... after reading pages and pages of your wonderful ideas and being completely inspired, I dusted off my sewing machine and 48 hours later, here's what I finished for my daughters:

Minnieinspireddresses_zps93a3c2a5.jpg

Those are so cute, your daughters are going to be adorable wearing them.

Hello! My name is Dee. I used to lurk and check out the cute things you were making but I need to join in now!! Last year I had a baby girl so between the cute stuff you all create and the fact that I have a little princess I am inspired:lovestruc
So I have a few questions which I hate to ask because I know you are all so busy w/ your families and projects.....but I could use the help and advice! I read all 128 pages so I hope to not ask questions that have already been asked and answered.
I am a fan of so many of your projects! (I saw a lot so I hope I don't mix any up) Caralyn817 - the bows are awesome. Dmgeurts - your bags are AMAZING. :worship: I am a photographer and I have to say your daughter did a great job on those pics! Good for her! Love to stitch - the red and black outfit w/ the Minnie head is on of my favorites! Goteamwood - I have to admit sometimes I say boy stuff isn't as cute as girl stuff.....you blew that out of the water! Your boys have the cutest things. Nannye - V is one lucky girl!! There are many more but I read a lot so I'm having a bit of a block.
I read the first page...I've never even touched a sewing machine so I'm trying to pick a good one. I'm wondering if I can get a good one and grow into it or do I need a "starter" machine? When you talk about machine applique and you say "put on your machine and it stitches it out for you" is this along the idea of a cricut (cricut I know sewing not so much)? If anyone wants to share the machine they use I'd be curious:)
We leave for disney in a few wks, if I can I'd love to do the mickey head applique on a few shirts. I don't know if that's doable, to learn that in a few wks? Then someday if I can make a bag half as nice as d's I will be happy!
My dd has a unique name the only way she will have something personalized is if it's made for her. So if I wanted to put her name on the shirt do I need something special?
That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any help!

Hello! My name is Dee. I used to lurk and check out the cute things you were making but I need to join in now!! Last year I had a baby girl so between the cute stuff you all create and the fact that I have a little princess I am inspired:lovestruc
So I have a few questions which I hate to ask because I know you are all so busy w/ your families and projects.....but I could use the help and advice! I read all 128 pages so I hope to not ask questions that have already been asked and answered.
I am a fan of so many of your projects! (I saw a lot so I hope I don't mix any up) Caralyn817 - the bows are awesome. Dmgeurts - your bags are AMAZING. :worship: I am a photographer and I have to say your daughter did a great job on those pics! Good for her! Love to stitch - the red and black outfit w/ the Minnie head is on of my favorites! Goteamwood - I have to admit sometimes I say boy stuff isn't as cute as girl stuff.....you blew that out of the water! Your boys have the cutest things. Nannye - V is one lucky girl!! There are many more but I read a lot so I'm having a bit of a block.
I read the first page...I've never even touched a sewing machine so I'm trying to pick a good one. I'm wondering if I can get a good one and grow into it or do I need a "starter" machine? When you talk about machine applique and you say "put on your machine and it stitches it out for you" is this along the idea of a cricut (cricut I know sewing not so much)? If anyone wants to share the machine they use I'd be curious:)
We leave for disney in a few wks, if I can I'd love to do the mickey head applique on a few shirts. I don't know if that's doable, to learn that in a few wks? Then someday if I can make a bag half as nice as d's I will be happy!
My dd has a unique name the only way she will have something personalized is if it's made for her. So if I wanted to put her name on the shirt do I need something special?
That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any help!

For a basic sewing machine (not an embroidery one), I got a Brother CS6000i and love it. I did Mickey Heads for our trip last fall, and after one practice one, got the hang of hand applique.
Not sure if I can post the link, but if you google "The Bestest Applique Tutorial EVER! (By Heathersue)", you will find a GREAT resource that has helped me immensely.

I worked my way up to appliqueing a MONORAIL and a DISNEY BUS!!!

Start simple this trip. We took princess patterned material and made a Mickey Head out of it, for example.

Jiffy shirts has great prices for plain t-shirts, especially if you are buying several, and very, very fast shipping.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter