• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

At Hollywood Studios Bright and Early the next morning This is a modified Simply Sweet. Thank you Nini for help with the panels! Each panel has a diff character(s) appliqued on it.

DisneyDay5_06 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay5_07 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay5_08 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay5_40c by disboardsflick, on Flickr

My mom made the doll dress, We did NOT make the Drizella dress for V. It was made by the lovely and talented Janet.

DisneyDay6_76 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay6_45b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

She wore a hoop skirt with this dress and loved it lol The characters thought it was hilarious when she showed them how she had to sit in it.

DisneyDay6_54 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Dancing with the Prince. I have to say it really irks me when people take pics of other peoples kids, intentionally without it just being in the background type thing. This seems to happen to us a lot.

DisneyDay6_60 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

My mom made this Mary Poppins dress. It is our second time making the dress and such a pain in the rear. It's the material, she hates the material. Next day at Magic Kingdom was partially a write off. We got all ready to see Mary and then she wasn't at the park that day WHAT? No mary? The character handler, said she would try and arrange a meeting after the afternoon parade, but she would be in her chimney sweep outfit and not her white dress.... uh EVEN BETTER! so we stayed by our phone in the MP dress all day. No call. We went to Town Hall to talk to them and they knew nothing and at this point the parade was going to get rained out as it was torrential downpour. We stayed inside Town Hall. The CM's there were trying arrange a meeting with Mary but no dice. Normally I would have just said oh well, but it was her chimney sweep outfit and we'd never met Mary in that and there was always the chance of Bert showing up. In the end wasted time and nothing, but no better place to be in the rain than Town Hall. Actually I think the parade did go that day. I found out later that the character handler who was going to try to arrange a meeting had been sent to a diff park.

DisneyDay7_82 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Be Our Guest for Dinner! V wore a Belle inspired dress made from a Simplicity pattern.

DisneyDay7_87 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

The Beast danced with her

DisneyDay7_96d by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Waiting for Enchanted Tales with Belle

DisneyDay7_112 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

V was chosen to be the beast. She had a good roar!

DisneyDay7_132 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay7_166b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

And what ended up being Tied for my favorite outfit unexpected....
The Dumbo dress. I LOVE how it turned out. It was a modified Simply Sweet. I did all the applique and embroidery and my mom did the dress. We added an overskirt and ruffles. The CM's at The Big Top LOVED it! They asked to take a picture with V.

DisneyDay7_180 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Minnie liked the danglies

DisneyDay7_197 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay7_205 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Epcot! This was our only day at Epcot. Limited pics as I was really starting to not feel well. I had gotten blisters earlier in the week and at this point I couldn't walk. We tried a wheel chair, but by mid day, I was calling a scooter rental company. They delivered a scooter to me and saved our vacation (sort of) by night, I knew I was sick. We lost an MK day by heading to the hospital the following day.

DisneyDay8_04 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Duffy loved her dress. She got a Magical Memories Certificate at the Cdn Pavillion.

DisneyDay8_13b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

You can see the back of the dress here. We met Mary and she REMEMBERED V from last year!

DisneyDay8_25 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay8_30 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay8_34 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

I made my shirt.

DisneyDay8_77 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

This dress is a modified Simply Sweet. I did the appliques and my mom did the sewing.
This day was supposed to be MK all day, but we had to cancel our Crystal palace breakfast and head to The hospital so I could get checked out. I was in and out in 40 mins or less! I got some antibiotics (I had cellulitis) and we headed back to POR to rest. This was supposed to be the day we met up with friends who were at MK but despite trying it just never happened. We went to the park after dinner and waited and txtd etc... but response times were so slow that we just never met up. I thought they'd left so we left. but really they were in the store looking for us. I was so disappointed that V still doesn't know her friends were there. I needed rest and we needed to take it easy. I wish I'd stuck it out later that day and literally waited at the gate until the park was empty so they could see each other.

DisneyDay9_01 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay9_07b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay9_25 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Hairbows were custom princess Pie

DisneyDay9_30 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Our Mary again! and she remembered V by name as soon as she saw her.

DisneyDay10_10 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_11 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_13 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_13 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_19 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_27 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_38b by disboardsflick, on Flickr

This outfit tied for my favorite with Dumbo. It is so simple and I just LOVE it! Headband Is Princess Pie. It was Cased from another disboutiquer. No appliques no nothing just simple. Each panel represents a diff Fab 5 character.

DisneyDay10_58 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_62 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

We met up with D (another disboutiquer) and her girls. One of my fave pics of the whole trip.

DisneyDay10_67 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_91 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_123c by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_127 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

DisneyDay10_133 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

Big V & Little V...
That's a wrap

DisneyDay10_146 by disboardsflick, on Flickr

so many great inspirations. my kiddo is a little older and while she wants to look disney doesn't want to wear princess dresses. so we compromised and she's having fun turning her wardrobe into disneybound outfits.

Here is my first attempt into knits (not that bad) and I love the high/low skirt on it. Can't wait for the weather to get warm so she can wear it.

I wanted to mention that a Facebook group just formed called Disney Sewing Divas. Thought some of you might be interested. :)

I wanted to mention that a Facebook group just formed called Disney Sewing Divas. Thought some of you might be interested. :)
I just went to find it and it's a closed group, how do you join?

Oops, never mind. I requested to join! thanks for the heads up!

Livndisney, I couldn't find that group. I could only find the MI meet up group. Is it a secret group? I'd love to join!

Thanks guys, for all the lovely comments, I have been pretty meh about this trip due to a number of reasons but I am getting more and more excited each day. Today I put this Mickey head on a wee t-shirt and then sewed around it, took me agesssssss......

Kirsten

Super cute!

Erin, I didn't realize you (and your mom) had done so much!! They are all awesome and make me want to find a Disney Girlie Girl to sew for!

:thumbsup2

We changed the name of the Facebook Disney Sewing group to Stitch Upon a Star if anyone is interested. We are growing fast! Thanks.

You know we already have a Dis-boutique group on Facebook right?

I'd love to join the Disney sewing divas if someone could send me the link I searched and couldn't find it. I tried to join the disboutique facebook group a long time ago, but no new additions were being accepted then.

Erin - Love everything you and your mom did for V! So many cute outfits! Lots of inspiration for me, too!

Regards,
C.

It said closed group? So can we not join?

We changed the group name to Stitch Upon a Star. If you search for us, there is a spool next to the group name. t is a closed group but once you send a join request I will add you.!:) Facebook is being a bit glitchy so if you send a request and aren't added within a few hours, let me know. Can't wait to see you there!

Thanks guys, for all the lovely comments, I have been pretty meh about this trip due to a number of reasons but I am getting more and more excited each day. Today I put this Mickey head on a wee t-shirt and then sewed around it, took me agesssssss......

Kirsten

]

Awww, this is so cute!

Okay trying this again! I've been busy with necklaces and I was hoping to share some Disney ones we've done recently.

I LOVED all your pictures!!!!! Fantastic outfits! And such a cute little girl!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter