Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Do you guys have any resources for how to make an Anna cape for a 13 year old? My mom should be able to improvise, but I'd like to find a tutorial or pattern if possible. I found a decent one earlier that had the capelet at the shoulders and the long part behind, but I can't find it now.

Hello! I've been lurking for a while and enjoying the amazing things everyone makes here!

@bjscheel, McCalls has a Frozen-inspired cape pattern (M7000) that's available in both girl/misses sizing, hope that helps :)

....Oh my lands.....I just did two ruffles on my serger and top-stitched them down, I need to order a bit more of one of the fabrics for the bottom ruffle and I'm already tired! And I have a plain front panel! I bet you were really excited about A) All the cute and B) The accomplishment! when that dress was finished!!:worship:
ha ha, the ruffles... definitely an accomplishment! Not sure what has possessed me to start on two new dresses, other than my sweet DD who has worn the princess one down and loves to twirl - also has a sentimental 1st Mickey Bar stain on it (memories). I wish I had a serger, would for sure make my life easier! It is amazing how much fabric these take. For the Marie Aristocats dress I am just doing the ruffles on the sides, so I'm anxious to see how that turns out.

I just bought a pattern for Squeaks' Sleeping Beauty dress: over 3 yards for only the skirt and not a single ruffle to speak of!

3 yards! Wow!
A good way to practice your ruffles is to sew a crib skirt ;) I had to take a break from sewing after that one, it was really cute though

I haven't been on in a long time. I haven't been sewing very much but now I have finished 5 Trick or Treat bags and a Halloween dress for my oldest niece. They aren't allowed to wear costumes at school only Orange and Black. I have one more dress to make.

Not sure why the photo is upside down, I turned it in photobucket before posting. It shows the correct way on photobucket.

I haven't been on the Dis in ages, but I thought I would drop in to share with you some of the clothes I have made for my daughter for our trip to WDW in three weeks time!

And finally for MVMCP:

I also made a little something for me... ;)

Amazing dresses! What pattern did you use for the snow white dress? I love the touch of the apple buttons in back- so perfect!

Ohhh my gracious; I was just about to say the same as Dawnlight about the apple buttons! And nice breathable cotton, too, that's very smart. I love those dresses, and I love how they cross in the back! You've been busy!

I just made this for our Akershus visiting day, I hope it makes for some awesome character pictures. Don't worry, I got permission from Brianna Garcia, the artist, to make this for personal use.

IMG_4143.jpg

Not sure if this is where to post this LOL so I have a 7yo girl that is obsessed with all things frozen (well duh right)... so earlier this year we embarked on the "must find Elsa for Halloween"... you can imagine how successful this was...

I couldn't find anything I liked and then the light bulb dinged... my SIL designs costumes (like for real) so I enlisted her on my journey.. what she created from scratch is amazingly beautiful.. it isn't short and actually has a train cape behind it which my husband begged for it to be removable lol She is shipping it to us Thursday so next week I will actually be able to show my daughter in it!

But for now - just had to show this off :cool1:

elsa1.jpg

elsa2.jpg

and the princess eagerly awaiting its arrival...

theprincess.jpg

Ohhh, I see them now! That is STUNNING!

Ohhh my gracious; I was just about to say the same as Dawnlight about the apple buttons! And nice breathable cotton, too, that's very smart. I love those dresses, and I love how they cross in the back! You've been busy!

I just made this for our Akershus visiting day, I hope it makes for some awesome character pictures. Don't worry, I got permission from Brianna Garcia, the artist, to make this for personal use.

IMG_4143.jpg

Ahhhhh! That dress is fabulous; that fabric is a riot. Where on earth did you get it?

Ahhhhh! That dress is fabulous; that fabric is a riot. Where on earth did you get it?

I got the artist's permission to have it printed on fabric special-style. Seriously, I put wayyy too much thought into this. I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it, though. :D

I haven't been on the Dis in ages, but I thought I would drop in to share with you some of the clothes I have made for my daughter for our trip to WDW in three weeks time!
I love, love, love the Snow White dress. DD is obsessed with Snow! Ditto, what patterns did you use, super cute! I have been searching for a good flutter sleeve sundress pattern! The Alice dress is so precious, and I am partial to Eeyore. Just love them, and all in 3 weeks?!? Amazing!

Could anyone help me with some questions about Embroidery/sewing machines? I would like to start sewing/embroidering and was wondering when you see all these cute shirts with the black Mickey heads do you use a embroidering machine or sewing machine? Do you make like a patch then attach it to a shirt ???or just cut fabric out and fuse it to a shirt? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! :)

Could anyone help me with some questions about Embroidery/sewing machines? I would like to start sewing/embroidering and was wondering when you see all these cute shirts with the black Mickey heads do you use a embroidering machine or sewing machine? Do you make like a patch then attach it to a shirt ???or just cut fabric out and fuse it to a shirt? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! :)
Some are done with an embroidery machine and some are done with a sewing machine. The ones on a sewing machine are called "hand appliqué " and there is a very good tutorial on how to do that on the first page of this thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter