Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

A couple have asked what fabric I am looking for and honestly its nothing really specific. I've fallen in love with a dress made by a disboutiquer (or former) only it was made 4-5 years ago so no way I can get that fabric
and I just can't seem to find something I like since my head is stuck on what that disboutiquer used.

Here is the dress, it's the party hat/triangle fabric.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2264572&page=7
hey i have a lil piece of that fabric ,i had gotten it several mos. back as a remnant . i think i got it at Hancocks...this is the info on the selvage in case it helps tracking it down...
Printed by Fabri-Quilt,Inc. # 4456
St. Jude's ?? -it's cut off there...
hope this helps~Beth~

Finally finished these!!
th_20120609_Shover_3211.jpg

My husband's shirt is Simplicity 5581 (I also have the cargo shorts from this pattern cut and ready to sew).
th_20120609_Shover_3216.jpg

My boys are all wearing McCall's 6548.
Matthew:
th_20120609_Shover_3215.jpg

Jamie:
th_20120609_Shover_3213.jpg

Benjamin:
th_20120609_Shover_3214.jpg

Best of all, school is OUT!!!!

Love all the shirts, I love all the different faces! And yeah for school being out!!

Great job on your first dress, it looks great!

This was yesterdays project:

th_2b1f302e.jpg

th_0c316615.jpg

th_129181ed.jpg

Looks great and looks like she loves it too!

I made this for my daughter for her birthday today:

Abby wearing Abby Cadabby!!
168225_3999806876213_1941932728_n.jpg

533970_3999812036342_1869752377_n.jpg

Now to practice embroidery on my machine to put an Abby Cadabby on the shirt portion.

Looks cute, both Abby and the dress!!

I have a few things that I can share now. These are the outfits that I made for Reed's Big Give. The family is going to a zoo in the Bahamas while they are on their Disney cruise. The zoo is famous for its marching flamingos. So I made flamingo outfits for the kids to wear:
th_P6060012.jpg

Then I made this outfit for the Main Street Boutiques launch last week. Sorry if you already saw it on FB.
th_P4250061.jpg

th_P4250062.jpg

I love the dress you made for the launch. If I had a girl I would have bought it!

WOW, thanks for sharing with us all the cool things your parents brought back from Africa. My DH's cousin is currently in Africa (was in Mali, but had to transfer out when the coup d'etat occurred. Briefly ended up in Burkina Faso and should now be staying permanently in Cameroon) and has sent me several pictures of the clothing styles worn there, so much of your mom's "leftovers" look familiar. That is a STUNNING wallet! Praying that your mom's surgeries go well and she is up and running in no time!
Sunshine

Thanks! Mali is the neighboring country to Senegal, when the coup started they had lot missionary and embassy families evacuate to their area, scary stuff going on.

Looks great!!

Marissa update...yesterday she wasn't so lucky. She did do the audition wearing her pointe shoes (and evidently nobody else did) and said she felt like she rocked it, but the CM in charge told her that her technique was excellent, but she was too short for what they needed to cast. So it's my fault she didn't make it....the lack of height comes from little ole me! :lmao: But her attitude is still good, and she's determined to keep at it. She still has hopes something will come of Thursday's attempt...when she filled out the application she checked all the boxes...full time, part time, seasonal and holiday.

Now we get to go to WDW and play!

Sorry to hear, I'm sure the right position will come along soon that will be perfect for her.

Wow... what nice fabric but I can see where it might be hard to decide what to make with it.

Thank you! Will probably make some sort of bag but not sure what yet.

I'm not too familiar with Senegal, but being on the west coast I don't think they have an animal population like the eastern and southern countries do (I could be wrong though). Still a very neat experience.

I might use some of those fabrics to make purses or as accents on skirts -- I am not a quilter though. Some of them are really pretty.

And what a neat wallet. I love have useful things from other countries. My keepsakes usually include something useful like a purse and I often buy jewelry too because it lasts forever, and then I try to always get something for the house. Our kids bathroom upstairs has two pictures from Africa and one from Egypt hanging in it. I had a vase from Egypt too but that disappeared -- it was metal and I know one of the kids took it to school when they were studying Egypt -- I hope it's still not all school -- I need to look for that!!!

I had a friend who had knee replacements last year -- her recovery was a bit longer than expected but she is quite heavy so weight bearing was a greater challenge for her. Hopefully your mom's will go well.

You're right about Senegal, they do not have alot of animals there. They do have an animal park nearby though that has quite a few animal. I "might" have an opportunity to go in January to visit them but if I don't find a job soon I won't be able to afford it. If I do go I will have to bring an extra suitcase just for the fabrics I want to buy :rotfl2: I would definately check with the school about the vase. I would be so dissapointed to not get something like that back. I hope your house sells soon, I would assume after the renters leave it would be easier to bring potential buyers in by not having to schedule ahead of time and hoping they left the house is clean and presentable.

Looks great. I love Piglet, you don't see alot of Piglet outfits, it's usually Pooh or Tigger!

Love the Scottie fabric. I want to start sewing more with knits. I wish they had alot more variety of prints in store without having to buy online. I'm so impressed with how fast you sew things up! I'm such a slow sewer it seems like it takes me forever to get one thing done.

My kids love legos and would love your DS's shirt!

OK!! I tried everyone's suggestions..... NOTHING worked. Then Andrea emailed me and suggested I change my needle back to a sharp one, from the ball point I was using (and changed) .... Well I did it. AND IT WORKED!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::worship::worship::worship:

:hourglassMy sand is running out!! Not much time to finish!

Thanks to those that tried to help!

OK!! I tried everyone's suggestions..... NOTHING worked. Then Andrea emailed me and suggested I change my needle back to a sharp one, from the ball point I was using (and changed) .... Well I did it. AND IT WORKED!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::scratchin:scratchin:scratchin:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::worship::worship::worship:

Oh my golly I want to throw a PARTY for you!!!

images

I'm so glad that your machine is working! YAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sunshine

Glad you were able to figure it out. I don't have an embroidery machine so I had no clue what to do to fix it. Good luck getting everything finished in time, I'm sure you'll finish with plenty of time though.

I'm DONE with the wetbags and cloth diapers! WOO HOO!!!!

Pics:

picture231.jpg

picture230.jpg

Now I can move on with my life! HA!

(be back later to catch up properly!)
Sunshine

Pics:

th_picture231.jpg

th_picture230.jpg

Sunshine
Woo Hoo!!!! They look great. I love your fabric choices on the wet bags! I am still contemplating getting a snap tool but I'm not sure what use I'd have for it beyond the hospital gowns and I only plan on making a couple more of those. That snap tape is just so dang expensive!

AND TO ADD TO AMY'S MACHINE FIX: They did not send ballpoint needles with Amy's machine so she went Hancock's and got what they told her to which were Schmetz (???) universal ballpoint for embroidery. They were working just fine initially until her problem occurred. I only thought to have her change to the sharp point that came with her machine b/c I once got Schmetz universal for my serger -- they worked fine for months and then suddenly were horrid and switching back to the exact needles that came with my serger solved it's problems. So moral of the story is, don't trust Schmetz needles!

Must go work on my GKTW pillow cases and a couple more shirts for Amy. I have a new outfit finished for dd but have yet to get a pic -- hopefully can snap one in a bit as she's wearing it today (and to my knowledge hasn't spotted it yet).

Woo Hoo!!!! They look great. I love your fabric choices on the wet bags! I am still contemplating getting a snap tool but I'm not sure what use I'd have for it beyond the hospital gowns and I only plan on making a couple more of those. That snap tape is just so dang expensive!

AND TO ADD TO AMY'S MACHINE FIX: They did not send ballpoint needles with Amy's machine so she went Hancock's and got what they told her to which were Schmetz (???) universal ballpoint for embroidery. They were working just fine initially until her problem occurred. I only thought to have her change to the sharp point that came with her machine b/c I once got Schmetz universal for my serger -- they worked fine for months and then suddenly were horrid and switching back to the exact needles that came with my serger solved it's problems. So moral of the story is, don't trust Schmetz needles!

Must go work on my GKTW pillow cases and a couple more shirts for Amy. I have a new outfit finished for dd but have yet to get a pic -- hopefully can snap one in a bit as she's wearing it today (and to my knowledge hasn't spotted it yet).

Thanks! I actually was rather proud of myself that I pulled most of those fabrics for the wetbags from my scrap stash! Then I picked up a couple of Fat Quarters since Joann's had them on sale this week for 99¢. I actually LOVE my snap pliers and use them for a lot of things: bibs (no more babies pulling off their bib mid meal!), the bottom snaps for baby rompers/onsies/pants, they work as buttons (like on CarlaC's A line dress, use snaps instead of buttons and that makes it easily reversible w/o having to sew button holes, or even on the bowling shirt). Once I actually got them, I was amazed at all the things I could think up to use them on.

UGH, I JUST bought some schmetz ballpoint needles to use in my serger because I had read somewhere that schmetz needles are supposed to be "the best" (can't remember source though). Now I'm wondering if I should take them back and switch them out for the singer ones.

Good luck finishing the pillow cases and can't wait to see a pic of your DD's outfit!

Love the Scottie fabric. I want to start sewing more with knits. I wish they had alot more variety of prints in store without having to buy online. I'm so impressed with how fast you sew things up! I'm such a slow sewer it seems like it takes me forever to get one thing done.

Don't feel bad, I am a slow sewer too. These girls (like Diane, Sandi, and Chiara) sew circles around me!

What do you do with (new) patterns that you no longer have a use for? In cleaning out some boxes, I have found a number of patterns that were never used that I have no use for. There are no organizations near that I could give them to, and I really hate to just throw them out. Any ideas?

You could try selling them at a garage sale or on ebay or craigslist. If you don't want to mess with selling them, you can donate to goodwill or list them on freecycle.org (if there is one in your area).

Wanted to share my kids' Ninjago Lego customs they wore to visit the Legoland Discovery Center that opened in Kansas City!! THey had a great time there! I would highly recommend it! Thanks for looking!
232323232%7Ffp63588%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D354444687%3B34%3Anu0mrj

WOW those are great! I love them! My DD would go NUTS over something like this. she has really become the little Lego geek lately.

I spent my evening cutting out what will be a London Olympics/Epcot themed dress. This one will be fun to embellish and applique.

Now you've gone and piqued my interest. Good thing for me that you are like speedy Gonzales in the sewing room so I won't have to wait long to see it!

Sunshine

I ended up getting a little more sewing done today. Tomorrow is the last day of school and we have company coming so I doubt I will get to much else this week. The design is new and I wanted to try it out today. The pink heart fabric is some of clearance fabric from the sale at Joanns. It is french terry.

th_P6110022.jpg
th_P6110021.jpg

Both of my daughter have informed me that they'd like some pajamas with this piglet design on the top. That's amazing since they haven't wanted me to make them anything in a couple of years!

I also sewed out a shirt for a friend's daughter. They are leaving for Orlando on Thursday morning. I already made her a couple of dresses for the trip. They hadn't thought they were going to Universal but decided to at the last minute. She also has 3 boys but they are all teens and we didn't think they'd wear these shirts.
th_P6110019.jpg

I have a few things that I can share now. These are the outfits that I made for Reed's Big Give. The family is going to a zoo in the Bahamas while they are on their Disney cruise. The zoo is famous for its marching flamingos. So I made flamingo outfits for the kids to wear:
th_P6060012.jpg

Then I made this outfit for the Main Street Boutiques launch last week. Sorry if you already saw it on FB.
th_P4250061.jpg
th_P4250062.jpg

I haven't been able to get much sewing done for the last few days. The end of school is always so darn busy. I am hoping to sew today. It will be my last chance for another week because school ends tomorrow and then we're having company for a week.

I think I already said this, but in case I didn't I wanted to make sure you knew that I think the piglet dress is cute! HURRAY for your older DDs wanting you to sew for them! I swear, if my DDs ever decide they no longer want to wear things I make them I will seriously boo-hoo! And that was very sweet of you to sew that shirt for your friend. Love the HP design! I hope she and her kiddos have a good trip!

I LOOOOVE the flamingo set! that fabric is fantastic! And the launch outfit was stunning as well. Hope you are able to enjoy the company that is staying with you!

I love Spoonflower.com. When ever I am making an everyday dress for myself I go there. The fabric is a little more on the pricey side but I can get any of the patterns in pretty much any type I'd need (chiffon, cotton, satin, upholstery, etc) They have some super goofy ones on there but if you search in stripes, dots, or floral you can usually find something normal. Most of the dress patterns in my size usually use about 2 yards. So a cotton dress for me buying fabric from there is about $36. BUT it's one of a kind and I hate most store bought dresses as they are always too short for me - I'm a pretty modest gal so It's worth it.

Spoonflower....DROOL!

Piglet is so sweet! I love him with the heart fabric! Is that another outfit for your nieces wardrobe? As soon as I am done with helping Amy (which will be the end of this week since she's leaving soon) I plan on working on some sets for Alexa. She is really into matching skirts and t's right now and has loved everything I've made her. She loves anything Olivia too but I need more knits! I also have jeans I bought last year at target's clearance and they need some embellishing. So all that should keep me busy over the summer.

Yep, had a home birth with our second and would never do it any other way. The midwife didn't make it on time so dh caught her. My labor was waaaaaay faster with the second child so we just didn't think we needed the midwife that soon but the minute I got in the birth tub I had to push. We had the Christmas tree in one corner of the living room and the birth tub in the other corner (dd is a Christmas baby).

I remember you saying you might open you wallet to buy some knits from Hancock later on, but just wanted you to know that Joann's also has THEIR knits on sale 50% off this week too. They have some really cute prints right now and I had to do my very best to resist getting some "just to have" right now.

And thank you for indulging my nosiness! I am a birth story junkie! I LOOOOVE hearing about people's experiences. I've often thought it would be so fun to become a doula but my kids are still so young that there is no way I would be able to dedicate the type of availability that would be needed to have a job like that. Maybe someday.

It has been so long since I have been here I almost feel like I should introduce myself all over again! LOL!!

I am seriously hoping for things to slow down a tiny bit so I can get back to sewing and still have time to get on the DIS... especially now that both my computer and the DIS seem to have their bugs worked out at the SAME time!

Later today I might try and go back to read...but seeing as it is now over 100 pages that I am behind I am not so sure I will have the time...

We now have confirmed free dining dates for the week after Thanksgiving. So I have to get my rear in gear to make 80+ shirts for the trip. My grand Princess has put in a custom order for one dress, and her mommy is thinking of a completely different dress.

...of course the beach trip in only 10 days has got me a little behind since I have almost zero planning done for that!

I think I need a life secretary. Someone to follow around behind me taking notes and writing down some seemingly random thoughts that I come up with for my blog (but keep forgetting them before I actually type them out!); doing the paperwork for the launches; keeping my schedule straight... and reminding me when I am supposed to be somewhere!

See ya'll later!

Nini

HI! Hurray for having some set dates! November will be here in the blink of an eye!

This was yesterdays project:

th_2b1f302e.jpg
th_0c316615.jpg

I was really happy with how this came out, sewing on a curve for the armholes has been a learning experience!! I shortened the tie in the back after she took it off.

that dress came out really cute! Great job!

I made this for my daughter for her birthday today:

Abby wearing Abby Cadabby!!
168225_3999806876213_1941932728_n.jpg

533970_3999812036342_1869752377_n.jpg

Now to practice embroidery on my machine to put an Abby Cadabby on the shirt portion.

Oh how cute! Hope your DD had a good birthday.

Finally finished these!!
th_20120609_Shover_3211.jpg

Best of all, school is OUT!!!!

Those shirts look great! Thanks for sharing what patterns you used. AND WOO HOO for school being out!

Well I have officially sewn my first item since home ec in 8th grade....

I started cutting out the pattern and such around 12 and I finished about 8 or so. including lunch and dinner and breaking the machine lol.

I guess that isn't too bad. I do think it turned out okay!

my seams aren't straight and I had to hand stitch/reinforce one of the shoulder seams, but overall I think it went okay.

It is just a basic A-line dress, The pattern was by Lily Bird on YCMT it has lime green polka dot lining.

th_DSC_0232.jpg

I think you did a great job.

:lmao: I know it could be worse....but I really miss my threader :sad: Do you know how many times I kept trying to use it out of habit :headache:

Of course I was just teasing you about the threader being broken. It would be a pain and I hope you are able to get it fixed. And speaking of trips coming up in a flash, you're about to leave soon! So excited (and a wee bit jealous) for you!

Okay, that should catch me back up. No sewing for me tonight. I am taking a BREAK!

Sunshine

That is better than my DD around Easter. She asked me if I was making her a dress. I said NO...I don't have the time.

Her response....."Good I wanted to wear something nice" :faint: Nothing like reassurance from your daughter :rolleyes1

bdayback.jpg

This dress... I can tell you it looks like Simply Sweet with all of Heather's designs but I can't tell you where to find that fabric:confused3

Looking back at this dress, any guesses as to how much material I would need for those sections of the dress that need the patterned fabric? I think I am going to go with the polkadot ice cream cones....I haven't made the simply sweet yet and have no idea how to do the inserts (I don't think they are in the pattern) but I'm good to give it a go! I believe there are 5 or 6 sections.

TIA
ERin

I am going to try to do some hand appliquees, I want to do a star on a shirt to go with V's cowgirl themed skirt for Hoop Dee Doo Revue (any other suggestions for this shirt? The skirt is the Scallopini skirt with red bandana print and cow print.

I was wondering where to get templates for the appliquees, I guess you can probably get them anywhere, but I thought i'd ask.

TIA

I am going to try to do some hand appliquees, I want to do a star on a shirt to go with V's cowgirl themed skirt for Hoop Dee Doo Revue (any other suggestions for this shirt? The skirt is the Scallopini skirt with red bandana print and cow print.

I was wondering where to get templates for the appliquees, I guess you can probably get them anywhere, but I thought i'd ask.

TIA

Some other ideas are boots and horse shoes. For my hand appliques, I usually do a google image search for *fill in the blank* COLORING PAGES or CLIP ART and then just look for something that is pretty basic/simple that isn't very intricate (since I'm not talented enough yet to pull intricate off!). Sometimes I have to reduce or enlarge the image when I am printing to get it to the right size I want.

*edit* Also what about doing some appliqued words like "Yee Haw" or how about a cowgirl hat?

hope that helps!
Sunshine

That is fabulous

Pics:

th_picture231.jpg

th_picture230.jpg

Sunshine

These came out great.

QUESTION

Does anyone have any experience with Janome Embroidery Machines?

I am debating getting one to replace my PE770 since it is having extreme tension issues and has over 4.5 million stitches in a year. I already had it serviced and fixed to the tune of $150.00. Though I may just get another 770 but was looking for reviews.

Machines: wish I could help with your question. 4.5 million stitches - boy you do alot of sewing! I own 2 Viking embroidery machines, my oldest is a 2004 model. They are real workhorses for me. If you'd consider moving to another brand, I heartily endorse the Vikings.

QUESTION

Does anyone have any experience with Janome Embroidery Machines?

I am debating getting one to replace my PE770 since it is having extreme tension issues and has over 4.5 million stitches in a year. I already had it serviced and fixed to the tune of $150.00. Though I may just get another 770 but was looking for reviews.

Don't have a Janome embroidery. I have a sewing and Serger by them and love them both.

Don't have a Janome embroidery. I have a sewing and Serger by them and love them both.

No I have a Duetta and a 770

I have a Janome Serger I love love love. I also love dealer and service shop they are very nice.

I am not happy with the local brother dealer and I don't like the Baby Lock store I called about a serger told them my price range and they were rather rude and snooty.

No I have a Duetta and a 770

I have a Janome Serger I love love love. I also love dealer and service shop they are very nice.

I am not happy with the local brother dealer and I don't like the Baby Lock store I called about a serger told them my price range and they were rather rude and snooty.

I wish you lived closer to me! I have a Janome serger that I'm skeered of! Honestly! I don't know what my problem is. I've had it for 13 months and I can't seem to make myself sit down and really figure it out. I thought I could take baby steps and so I threaded it using the threads that were already in and tying knots with my spools. Then I accidentally pulled out half of it the other day when I wasn't looking at what I was doing and pulled a book against the threads. Ugh. Back to ground zero again. Only this time, I don't even have the advantage of pre-threaded. :mad:

Pics:

th_picture231.jpg

th_picture230.jpg

Sunshine

Looks great! I also love your little mice helpers, my sewing area is decorated with Cinderella and her mice.

No suggestions on embroidery machines. I'm curious what everyone suggests, I would like to start looking at them to buy maybe at the end of summer. I was initially looking at Viking.

Question:

Does anyone use the Floriani Digitizing program? It seems pretty pricey, but easy to use and you don't need to pay for upgrades or changes.

What program would anyone suggest?

Outfit for DD:
insasaddle.jpg

insahorseshoe.jpg

Pillows for GKTW:
gktw.jpg

The near demise of my embroidery machine:
bobbin.jpg

DH supposedly fishing for cat fish:
DSCF6588.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter