• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Outfit for DD:
insasaddle.jpg

insahorseshoe.jpg

Beautiful - love the details!

I FINISHED :cool1::confused3:woohoo: ALL MY SHIRTS !!!

I'll have to post pictures after.

As for the cellphone case I recommended I need to go back and learn to read. :lmao: I thought she said she had ages 4-14 :rolleyes1

Anyway, just thought I'd post a few things I've made lately. Get ready for lots of (kind of terrible) cell phone pics!

First is a tic tac toe game I made for Justin's Big Give. Love those Canadian Gives! ;)
th_IMAG0093.jpg

The next few things are gifts that I made for my BFFs baby shower this past weekend. (We've known each other in 4 decades and we're not even 30 yet...how crazy is that!) Anyhow, I was given about 10 yards of coordinating fabric by my aunt and when my friend found out she was having a boy I was SO EXCITED! I made a bunch of other things but didn't take pictures of everything.

Elephant that she asked for made from an old pattern my mom bought in the 70's!
th_IMAG0069.jpg

We decorated onesies at the shower and I made this as a prototype.
th_IMAG0098.jpg

I was most excited about this one. The bunny on the left is mine from when I was a baby. It actually belonged to my brother first so it's 31 years old...and in remarkable shape! My friend had one too so I knew I needed to make one for her. Needless to say, it was a big hit!
th_IMAG0109.jpg

WOW... everything is so cute. I love that elephant and I don't think you would have any trouble selling on etsy.

Wanted to share my kids' Ninjago Lego customs they wore to visit the Legoland Discovery Center that opened in Kansas City!! THey had a great time there! I would highly recommend it! Thanks for looking!
232323232%7Ffp63588%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D354444687%3B34%3Anu0mrj

Adorable!

OK!! I tried everyone's suggestions..... NOTHING worked. Then Andrea emailed me and suggested I change my needle back to a sharp one, from the ball point I was using (and changed) .... Well I did it. AND IT WORKED

:hourglassMy sand is running out!! Not much time to finish!

Thanks to those that tried to help!

Glad you were able to fix the problem.

I'm DONE with the wetbags and cloth diapers! WOO HOO!!!!

Pics:

th_picture231.jpg

th_picture230.jpg

Now I can move on with my life! HA!

(be back later to catch up properly!)
Sunshine

:cool1: Those came out great ... your sister must be so happy.

Of course I was just teasing you about the threader being broken. It would be a pain and I hope you are able to get it fixed. And speaking of trips coming up in a flash, you're about to leave soon! So excited (and a wee bit jealous) for you!

Sunshine

:lmao: I know you were just kidding.

Yes we are excited... only 1 week left :woohoo:

Outfit for DD:
th_insasaddle.jpg

th_insahorseshoe.jpg

Pillows for GKTW:
th_gktw.jpg

The near demise of my embroidery machine:
th_bobbin.jpg

DH supposedly fishing for cat fish:
th_DSCF6588.jpg

:scared1: What happened to that bobbin?

Love the Saddle Insa... it is so adorable and love the added details of that fringe.

:scared1: What happened to that bobbin?

Love the Saddle Insa... it is so adorable and love the added details of that fringe.

:banana::banana::banana: for getting all your shirts done!!!! I can't wait to see pics from your trip!

Believe it or not, that bobbin made itself look like that all on its own. I was in the middle of a shirt for Amy. things were stitching along just fine and then I noticed a loop in one of the satin stitches and though "how odd" but then it went along fine again. About an inch later I heard a horrid noise and everything stopped. The shirt was sucked down into the bobbin area -- but actually it was just thread and thankfully not the shirt so the shirt was saved! there was a bunch of nesting so I took out the stitches past the loop and was able to finish the shirt. Clearly needed a new bobbin and the only other thing it needed was a new needle. I'm still having a few issues with occasionally the bobbin thread not catching, but I was able to complete another shirt and it went decent. I think my machine needs service but I don't have the $$$ right now. I need some more oral surgery which insurance pays only a wee portion of and we hired landscapers for the RI house.

Would you believe I started that skirt last August? I couldn't find a coordinating trim to go with the fringe trim so I put it away. And then months later it dawned on me to just do a roll hemmed and be done with it!

dress of the day :rotfl:
c9b4866e.jpg

QUESTIONS
I am getting a bit tired of the pillowcase dresses....she now has 6 of them :rotfl: Any recommendations on a pattern I should try? She loves twirly things but they cannot have a lot of seams on the inside or be tight fitting on top...something with a lined top and a twirly skirt? I have been looking online at stuff and am a bit overwhelmed. Also need stuff at beginners sewing skill level...I have barely managed to sew a curve with out lots of swearing...:rotfl2:

another question
she wants a princess dress to wear to the princess dinner at Epcot...her first choice is snow white. Any idea how I can make this without going bananas?:banana::banana::banana:

Outfit for DD:
th_insasaddle.jpg

th_insahorseshoe.jpg

Pillows for GKTW:
th_gktw.jpg

th_bobbin.jpg

th_DSCF6588.jpg

:banana::banana::banana: for getting all your shirts done!!!! I can't wait to see pics from your trip!

Believe it or not, that bobbin made itself look like that all on its own. I was in the middle of a shirt for Amy. things were stitching along just fine and then I noticed a loop in one of the satin stitches and though "how odd" but then it went along fine again. About an inch later I heard a horrid noise and everything stopped. The shirt was sucked down into the bobbin area -- but actually it was just thread and thankfully not the shirt so the shirt was saved! there was a bunch of nesting so I took out the stitches past the loop and was able to finish the shirt. Clearly needed a new bobbin and the only other thing it needed was a new needle. I'm still having a few issues with occasionally the bobbin thread not catching, but I was able to complete another shirt and it went decent. I think my machine needs service but I don't have the $$$ right now. I need some more oral surgery which insurance pays only a wee portion of and we hired landscapers for the RI house.

Would you believe I started that skirt last August? I couldn't find a coordinating trim to go with the fringe trim so I put it away. And then months later it dawned on me to just do a roll hemmed and be done with it!

The horse set is so cute! Great job (even if it did take you almost a year to finish it! HA!) The pillowcases look great! I know those families will really appreciate them. :scared1: at your bobbin! You don't suppose that Amy's first machine had some sort of disease and now she (and her house) has been contaminated and she passed it off to YOUR machine, do you??? :eek::lmao: And how cool that your DH caught a sting ray! Hope he manages to get a fish or two as well. ;)

I'll have to post pictures after.

*chants* PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!

WOO for being done though!

th_c9b4866e.jpg

QUESTIONS
I am getting a bit tired of the pillowcase dresses....she now has 6 of them :rotfl: Any recommendations on a pattern I should try? She loves twirly things but they cannot have a lot of seams on the inside or be tight fitting on top...something with a lined top and a twirly skirt? I have been looking online at stuff and am a bit overwhelmed. Also need stuff at beginners sewing skill level...I have barely managed to sew a curve with out lots of swearing...:rotfl2:

Okay, check out the $5 pattern sale on youcanmakethis.com. I picked up the tunic shirt by CarlaC (can't remember the name off the top of my head) but I would bet you could do french seams on it and then extend out the hem to be a dress instead of a top (that's what I wanted to do with it). Since its a tunic top it will be very loose and might work. There are other patterns on sale too, but that one sprang to mind to suggest. The other one that might work would be the "Bia" A-line dress, also on sale. The dress you worked on today looks super cute though, great job!

*edit* Is it ANY seams/tightness that bother her, or just the ones around the waist? A snow white inspired dress would be REALLY easy to do if you use a simple peasant dress pattern, but I don't know if she will tolerate the elastic around the neckline and arms. If you think that would work, there is a free pattern I've used before by "Create Kids Couture" on fabric.com site that I used for my DD's Easter dress.

Sunshine

c9b4866e.jpg

QUESTIONS

The Simply Sweet by CarlaC on You Can Make This is lined and twirly and easy. Fits your criteria. (Plus she has really easy step-by-step instructions!)

Question:

Does anyone use the Floriani Digitizing program? It seems pretty pricey, but easy to use and you don't need to pay for upgrades or changes.

What program would anyone suggest?

I have the monogram version of the program...I DON'T know how to use it correctly so I would :love: to hear what others have to say about it.

It was VERY pricey, but I found that program before I found the DIS and this group, so I didn't know any better. :confused3 I agree it is very easy to use and not having to pay for updates is great!

~Jennifer

Okay, check out the $5 pattern sale on youcanmakethis.com. I picked up the tunic shirt by CarlaC (can't remember the name off the top of my head) but I would bet you could do french seams on it and then extend out the hem to be a dress instead of a top (that's what I wanted to do with it). Since its a tunic top it will be very loose and might work. There are other patterns on sale too, but that one sprang to mind to suggest. The other one that might work would be the "Bia" A-line dress, also on sale. The dress you worked on today looks super cute though, great job!

*edit* Is it ANY seams/tightness that bother her, or just the ones around the waist? A snow white inspired dress would be REALLY easy to do if you use a simple peasant dress pattern, but I don't know if she will tolerate the elastic around the neckline and arms. If you think that would work, there is a free pattern I've used before by "Create Kids Couture" on fabric.com site that I used for my DD's Easter dress.

Sunshine

Anything that encircles her waist, hips, legs or arms tight enough to make contact is an issue..so elasticized arms wont work unless they can be made SUPER loose...or the elastic omitted altogether. Will check those out tho..thank you!

The Simply Sweet by CarlaC on You Can Make This is lined and twirly and easy. Fits your criteria. (Plus she has really easy step-by-step instructions!)

thank you will check that out too! :)

The horse set is so cute! Great job (even if it did take you almost a year to finish it! HA!) The pillowcases look great! I know those families will really appreciate them. :scared1: at your bobbin! You don't suppose that Amy's first machine had some sort of disease and now she (and her house) has been contaminated and she passed it off to YOUR machine, do you??? :eek::lmao:

I wondered that myself, when she called me!! Glad it's working better for her now!
Sunshine

Is the DIS working weird for anyone? It's saying I need more than 1 letter to post

:scared1: I hate that sound and when your shirt gets sucked in. Do you know they actually sell scissors just for that. :lmao:

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/double+curved+embroidery+scissors.do

c9b4866e.jpg

QUESTIONS

I second the Simply Sweet. It is really cute and you can princessfy it.

Here is yet another Question

What kind of sewing machine do you have?

I decided I am going to use my Duetta as my primary embroidery machine, get the PE770 serviced again :headache: and get a sewing only machine. I really hate switching machines back and forth so this is probably the most economical option. Tell me about your machine and what you love about it.

another question
she wants a princess dress to wear to the princess dinner at Epcot...her first choice is snow white. Any idea how I can make this without going bananas?:banana::banana::banana:

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/author/MTAzOTI5MjQ5OA==.htm

Look at Carlas patterns. I think the simply sweet is lined. Her blog has ways to princess "ize" the pattern. But I don't think Snow White is one of them.
The precious dress would be good. Navy top, yellow skirt and red sleeves with blue ribbon.

http://scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/2009/09/princess-pointers.html

I have the monogram version of the program...I DON'T know how to use it correctly so I would :love: to hear what others have to say about it.

It was VERY pricey, but I found that program before I found the DIS and this group, so I didn't know any better. :confused3 I agree it is very easy to use and not having to pay for updates is great!

~Jennifer

I know Floriani goes to our local shop once a month or so and they do classes for the program. That is one reason why I think about the Floriani, any other I'd have to order online and wing it on my own.

I decided I am going to use my Duetta as my primary embroidery machine, get the PE770 serviced again :headache: and get a sewing only machine. I really hate switching machines back and forth so this is probably the most economical option. Tell me about your machine and what you love about it.

You have a Janome sergrer right? Look at thier machines. My mother bought a basic Janome years ago and that thing is a work horse. I still have it as a spare. My machine is the Janome Decor 3050, I don't think they make it anymore. I'm a basic sewer I guess. Frontward, backward, zig zag and ruffler. LOVE the Janome ruffler. The machine is quiet and sturdy. I had my Brother only a few months when the whole feed dog contraption fell apart. I bought the Janome second hand. the shop I got it would take trades on machines that were a year old for an upgrade.

The horse set is so cute! Great job (even if it did take you almost a year to finish it! HA!) The pillowcases look great! I know those families will really appreciate them. :scared1: at your bobbin! You don't suppose that Amy's first machine had some sort of disease and now she (and her house) has been contaminated and she passed it off to YOUR machine, do you??? :eek::lmao: And how cool that your DH caught a sting ray! Hope he manages to get a fish or two as well. ;)

Sunshine

I am thinking Amy's machine contaminated mine. I was over at her house so surely must have picked up the germs from her defective machines and passed them on to mine. Amy should have provided me with isolation wear knowing that her machines were :sick:

We caught 5 cat fish worth keeping. Well, I didn't catch any. All I caught was one piddly fish and he hooked right through his head so we couldn't release him -- but he was made into bait for the biggest cat that was caught -- I feel terrible for that though. I don't handle the bait or fish. I cast and make myself useful by providing snacks for everyone while we are fishing :) The ray was on ds's pole, but he was playing on the beach so dh had to reel it in and said it put up an immense fight -- I missed him reeling it in b/c I was checking on the kids. DH was able to release the ray though can't guarantee he survived. First time he's ever caught one!

Is the DIS working weird for anyone? It's saying I need more than 1 letter to post

It's just you -- sort of like how your embroidery machines work for you :lmao:

:scared1: I hate that sound and when your shirt gets sucked in. Do you know they actually sell scissors just for that. :lmao:

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product/double+curved+embroidery+scissors.do

I second the Simply Sweet. It is really cute and you can princessfy it.
Scissors wouldn't have reached under the hoop that far. I was able to barely get my seam ripper to do the job. It was really just the thread sucked in and not the shirt (thank goodness). Amy did a Alex (Madagascar) shirt and it got eaten and she covered the hole with a paw print -- I never thought the shirt was salvageable but she did it!

CAROLYN -- I third the SS -- It has a lining and you could extend it past the waist so the waist line isn't a bother. The skirt portion has a seam, but a french seam would work perfect.

I have two singers -- one is from Wally's and works very decent except it sometimes sucks knits or thin fabrics in the plate. It makes great button holes so I mainly use it for that. My new workhorse machine is a 20+ year old singer that a friend gave me. It works quite well. Whatever you get, I was told to always get a machine with a drop in bobbin.

c9b4866e.jpg

QUESTIONS

559875_2779200973870_136431737_n.jpg

This one was easy, outside the zipper. No gathering or funny stuff.
http://www.simplicity.com/p-6757-childs-dresses-disney-fairies.aspx

Also this one wasn't bad, no zippers, just elastic and gathering.

540619_2951130391998_1124591281_n.jpg

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m62...age_id=486&search_control=display&list=search

another question

How about a contemporary Snow White version with no zippers or button ?

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6062-products-10873.php?page_id=486

I have made this dress and it was so easy. I could easily see it in Snow White colors. No gathering, just straight sewing for the most part. Only gathering if you do the ruffle on the bottom. The elastic does the gathering everywhere else. The pattern actually calls for elastic on the sleeve edges too.

582029_2951140112241_256723310_n.jpg

This last dress has no elastic or anything at the waist. You could cover the gathering on the inside with bias tape easily so no edges. Elastic only holds it up. No rough edges. I have thought about making a Snow White version of this, maybe I can help ?

How about making hr a slip whit no edges that she can wear under all other clothes. It can be made out of some kind of fabric she likes with the seams on the wrong side. Would she go for that ?

I ended up getting a little more sewing done today. Tomorrow is the last day of school and we have company coming so I doubt I will get to much else this week. The design is new and I wanted to try it out today. The pink heart fabric is some of clearance fabric from the sale at Joanns. It is french terry.

P6110022.jpg

P6110021.jpg

P6110019.jpg

Great job as always! I love the Harry Potter.

Wanted to share my kids' Ninjago Lego customs they wore to visit the Legoland Discovery Center that opened in Kansas City!! THey had a great time there! I would highly recommend it! Thanks for looking!
232323232%7Ffp63588%3Enu%3D5%3B%3B3%3E54%3B%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D354444687%3B34%3Anu0mrj

Love it!

I'm DONE with the wetbags and cloth diapers! WOO HOO!!!!

Pics:

picture231.jpg

picture230.jpg

Now I can move on with my life! HA!

(be back later to catch up properly!)
Sunshine

I am so jealous of these! I've started trying to make diapers for my sister's baby. The diapers weren't so bad, but I have no idea how to do the snaps. I can't get the stupid snap thing to work and I have no idea what I am doing! I LOVE these!

Outfit for DD:
insasaddle.jpg

insahorseshoe.jpg

Pillows for GKTW:
gktw.jpg

DSCF6588.jpg

Love all of it! I'm excited for the kids to make their pillows at GKTW.

c9b4866e.jpg

Great job and your daughter is SO cute!

HELLO!!

I feel like I haven't been here forever! It took me a long time to get caught up and I tried to catch everything but my computer is not acting right so I apologize to those I missed!

Haven't done a ton of sewing lately. Tori had her first break from chemo so we went and got pedicures!

nails.jpg

I did get a package out to my sister with the things I had made for her baby and with a Hungry Caterpillar little lovey. Here's the first pic I got in her "A" shirt and her diaper. (Both by me.)

NewImage.jpg

I am almost done with the stuff for Reed's Big Give, but I needed to get the waist measurements so I could put the elastic in the shorts. On top of chemo and all that nonsense, I have a bad tooth that is killing me. I went to the dentist on Wednesday but it will be $500 to fix, even with my insurance, and that is over my budget. If I'm going to spend the money, I'd rather by the Brother machine that just came back on HSN. I'm thinking about it! :dance3:

Outfit for DD:
insasaddle.jpg

insahorseshoe.jpg

Pillows for GKTW:
gktw.jpg

bobbin.jpg

DSCF6588.jpg

Would you mind sharing where the horse, shoe and saddle came from or are they your originals? I have an 10 year old grandaughter that wants curtains with the horse themed stuff and I have found lots of kiddy looking horses but nothing that is more grown up like this one.

you guys are awesome :) Thanks for all the ideas for patterns...I was looking at them all and Maddie saw the simply sweet with the pic of the dress for her doll and was all excited:rotfl: I think that may be the winner, esp after she saw the cinderella version...looks like I may be making her 2 :love:

pyrxtc---thank you for those ideas:love:...I dont think she would do the elastic around the neck :( but any input how to turn simply sweet into snow white appreciated!

you guys are awesome :) Thanks for all the ideas for patterns...I was looking at them all and Maddie saw the simply sweet with the pic of the dress for her doll and was all excited:rotfl: I think that may be the winner, esp after she saw the cinderella version...looks like I may be making her 2 :love:

pyrxtc---thank you for those ideas:love:...I dont think she would do the elastic around the neck :( but any input how to turn simply sweet into snow white appreciated!

I've seen Snow White veresions of the simply sweet. yellow skirt, navy top, and the staps are the one with the ruffle, used in blue and red stripe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter