Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

If you have a Hancock fabric near you in the isle where they have the iron on appliques they have "lanyard strength" disney ribbon. its considered a roll there is only one yard but it works well fro lanyards. I know that Joanns has some sometimes too. But not usually as many kinds.

Thanks! We don't have a honcock's around here, but I am headed to Joanns this weekend (for the first time.) I'll take a look there.

I wanted to share the bit of good news we got around here...My oldest DD Marissa went for another WDW audition yesterday, and made it to the final round. *They kept 25 out of 120 applicants. *This is further than she's made it before, and this time they collected her resume and headshot, as well as took another photo of her for their records. *They said they'd keep her info on file for 6 months. *She was pretty excited. *They were casting for parade performers, and she said there was one lady watching her and taking notes, something that she hasn't noticed before. *Today is another audition, a general dance one like she's attended before, and expects the usual 300+ performers to be there. *This is for holiday shows, and specifically the Tomorrowland MVMCP one. *The website info said they're looking for pointe also, so she's been dancing all over the house practicing and breaking in the pointe shoes she hasn't worn in a while. * She's loving our new floors for this, we didn't have them during the time she was competing. *So, have a happy thought for her this morning, she has to drive over early for the 8:00 am sign in time. (we live just over an hour away)

And an Amanda update...she took a few steps on Wednesday!!! Her left side is showing more function than the right, but it's still great improvement. She moved into a spine rehab facility over the weekend, and has all sorts of PT and OT every day. She expects to be here for a month, and then it's home. (for the new people, this is the 18 yo DD of a coworker. She fell badly on a trampoline 2 weeks ago and broke her neck) she did have a graduation ceremony last weekend, cap and gown and everything. They skyped the ceremony so she could watch and participate, and then the teachers and a few friends came to deliver her diploma. Her mom said it was really cool. Thanks for your continued prayers and good thoughts!

Any news from the second showing you had?
The first second showing set had us narrowed down along with two other houses -- I think that was in Feb so clearly they chose another home. The second set for a second showing was in April. The news was the people were still interested and then after that we never heard a thing. I'm getting irritated with our realtor but not sure if it's his fault or our tenants :confused3 Our tenants leave on the 15th so that should help me better determine if it's time to say bye to our current realtor or not. While our tenants are nice people, they did not want the house sold until they moved and I suspect it's been an issue for our realtor every time he has to show the place. I also am wondering if he is not getting full cooperation in having them take care of some things -- like Christmas lights that were hanging around the front door through April! But then again, the realtor didn't tell us until April!

Hi Gang!

My PE 770 is here! I had to contact Amazon because the hoop was missing. I was given a partial refund for the cost of ordering one so I'm almost ready to get started. I was just wondering if I should wind my own bobbins or stick to pre-wound. Because I think I remember several of you saying that their 770-s don't like home wound bobbins. Am I correct in that? Amazon offers a box of 144 pre wounds for $34.99. Has anyone here used those? Are they any good?

Thread isn't so hard because there are plenty of reviews to check, but not so with bobbins.

Here's another silly question about stabilizer. When I embroider a t shirt or other knit, is the stabilizer supposed to stay on the back of the design except for around the edges of the design? I read something recently that said it kept the embroidery in place during washing. Argh! It's so confusing! To tear away or not to tear away! Leave it there or not! What brand or doesn't it matter! I really want to do this right and not foul up my machine in the process.

Help me, fellow Dis-noids! You're my only hope! Channelling Princess Leia there for a minute. I'm allowed. Star Wars is at WDW. ;)

Thanks everybody!

Lori in East Podunk
I saw you already placed your order. I wind my own bobbins. I do it on my sewing machine though as using the winder on the embroidery machine has given me some wonky results. And you must use cut away for t's. For cotton skirts or dresses I use tear away (two to three layers medium weight).

I was only using prewounds for quite awhile in my machine, but for the past few months I've been winding my own and haven't had a problem with them at all. The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't find the thin bobbin thread anywhere, so I have to use some that is thicker, so the bobbins I wind myself don't last as long as a prewound.
Do you have a sew vac store in your area? That's the only local place I've been able to find the bobbin thread at. We also have an embroidery store that may carry it, but I never checked there b/c it's not as convenient.

A circle skirt would be very cute with the thin corduroy. I also have the Insa pattern but I've never made it. I think it would be great with some of the patterned corduroy that I bought. I'll have to pull out the pattern and look at it.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you get a buyer very, very soon. It must be very stressful. In the meantime, can you get some other estimates for the lawn cutting? Unless the lawn is huge, that seems like a lot of money.
The Insa is sooooo easy. You will kick yourself for having not tried it sooner.

Our lot is 1/2 acre and half the back yard is forest. So it's large, but not $60 large IMO! I will be getting other estimates.

Ok girls I need help post pictures of your favorite pirate fabric. I need something for J for our cruise.
The only pirate I have is from Walmart -- Hancock's had some new ones though. Do you have a Hancock's in your area?

I pay $148 a month for yard service (mowing, trimming, weed control) that's averaged out over the year. In the summer it's once a week, less in the fall/winter. There are a lot of people out of work right now and would probably do it for less. It's probably hard to find someone when you're not there though!! Good luck, hopefully you'll sell it soon! I feel for anyone trying to sell right now!
This was just mowing and trimming -- no fertilizing or anything else. I thought it was high.

My lawn care costs $35 per mow and he comes every 10 days. More often if the weather makes it grow faster. I just call if I need an extra mowing. He will come less often if it's been dry and/or cold and it isn't needed. I'd say our yard was medium sized. That said, I think this particular man is unusually sensible and co-operative. You could always ask for a similar arrangement with whomever you find. The worst they could say is no.

HTH!

Lori in East Podunk
I was thinking every ten would work too -- I can't afford $60 a week! I was estimating $40 as a HIGH estimate so I was a bit surprised to hear $60.

We pay by the cut. They typically come once a week. We have about a 1/2 acre lot. They charge us $25 per cut. Then I pay another guy $40 to come twice a month to weed and prune everything. We only pay when they come. So in the winter, I don't pay anything. DH and I both have no skill whatsoever as gardeners. Plus DH is allergic to everything he touches in the yard. My older daughter used to do the weeding as part of her chores to earn extra allowance but she also started breaking out in hives every time she went out to weed. Maybe Andrea should try to get a few more estimates. We found our current company because they put a flier on our mailbox. They have been very good and very reliable. But I found the weeding/pruning company through a local realtor. They usually have a list of good and reliable companies to recommend.
You have a good deal! I would go for something like that. I have allergies too so I can relate; however I like mowing for the exercise and I'm too cheap to pay someone to do weeding and the like. I did get hives once in the spring. And my eyes are still itching from the mowing I did two days ago. I can't even wear my contacts anymore except for special occasions due to allergies.

Our realtor is the one who recommended this guy!

I am going to e-mail an old neighbor and see if she knows of any services or even any teen in the neighborhood who would do it. I am not looking for perfection -- I just need it to look presentable.

One more school day...then I will be hitting the Disney sewing in earnest until we leave for our trip! In the meantime, I wanted to share 2 shirts I did for my youngest two:

th_20120607_Shover_3206.jpg

The shirts are from Target - got a great haul on kids' Cherokee t's. They are on sale this week.
The t's look great! I've been very happy with Target's t's for kids (not so much for ladies t's). I am banned from buying anything else though. Your school is out a week before ours. My kids are so sick of school too -- I'm ready for it to be over as well.

O
YAY for ordering all the supplies you need to "play". And can I just say I am so stinking jealous of you and your "spare room" that can be used for a sewing space? My house is busting at the seams so I am banished to the dining room table (which is the ONLY eating surface in our house and also used for homeschooling) so anytime I want to sew I have to drag everything out, set it up and then make sure I put everything back away before I turn in for the night. I know I would get SO much more sewing time if I could just step away without having to clean everything up. So as much as it pains you to get the room cleaned out, be HAPPY that you CAN! (btw, this was all said in lighthearted jest. I am in no way implying that you are anything BUT grateful for your little room. I know it will turn out marvelous!)

Oh thanks for this tip! I tried it and it worked! The thing that is killing me is that I need 10 zippers and they are so ridiculously expensive at Joanns! I could order them from wawak for less than 50¢ a piece, but I don't have time to wait for the shipping on them.

Sunshine
I do not envy your sewing situation! And I thought I had it bad sewing in my laundry room (which is not huge). But at least I can leave my messes out!

How soon do you need your zippers? I ask b/c most stores have decent 4th of July sales. Hancocks had them on sale for 40% off plus an additional 15% off on Memorial Day.

I wanted to share the bit of good news we got around here...My oldest DD Marissa went for another WDW audition yesterday, and made it to the final round. *They kept 25 out of 120 applicants. *This is further than she's made it before, and this time they collected her resume and headshot, as well as took another photo of her for their records. *They said they'd keep her info on file for 6 months. *She was pretty excited. *They were casting for parade performers, and she said there was one lady watching her and taking notes, something that she hasn't noticed before. *Today is another audition, a general dance one like she's attended before, and expects the usual 300+ performers to be there. *This is for holiday shows, and specifically the Tomorrowland MVMCP one. *The website info said they're looking for pointe also, so she's been dancing all over the house practicing and breaking in the pointe shoes she hasn't worn in a while. * She's loving our new floors for this, we didn't have them during the time she was competing. *So, have a happy thought for her this morning, she has to drive over early for the 8:00 am sign in time. (we live just over an hour away)

And an Amanda update...she took a few steps on Wednesday!!! Her left side is showing more function than the right, but it's still great improvement. She moved into a spine rehab facility over the weekend, and has all sorts of PT and OT every day. She expects to be here for a month, and then it's home. (for the new people, this is the 18 yo DD of a coworker. She fell badly on a trampoline 2 weeks ago and broke her neck) she did have a graduation ceremony last weekend, cap and gown and everything. They skyped the ceremony so she could watch and participate, and then the teachers and a few friends came to deliver her diploma. Her mom said it was really cool. Thanks for your continued prayers and good thoughts!
Congrats to your dd! I'm excited for her and wish her continued success in her future auditions.

And it sounds like Amanda is making great progress. I will keep her in my thoughts :)

I hope the audition goes well for your daughter!!!

Thank you for the update on Amanda! I'm happy to hear that she is making progress. The gradation sounds really neat (although, I feel bad that she couldn't be there in person). That was nice for her to be able to participate.

Thanks! We don't have a honcock's around here, but I am headed to Joanns this weekend (for the first time.) I'll take a look there.

They ususally sell it by the yard. But last time I was there I did happen to see a disney princess one by the roll.

QUESTION

Posting on behalf of Amy since she has been busy with appts for Allison lately...

She is looking for American Tail Fievel embroidery or applique designs -- I can't find any but thought someone may be able to help. And Amy should be getting her THIRD machine today :) The second one ended up with a broken hoop attachment on the day it arrived :sad2: Personally, I don't think Amy realizes her own strength.

:scared1: My automatic threader fell off my PE770 into pieces and I have no idea how to put it all back together. I now have to thread everything the old fashion way:sad2:

I checked my stitch count too... I am up to 3 million stitches. :confused:

Hi Gang!

My PE 770 is here! I had to contact Amazon because the hoop was missing. I was given a partial refund for the cost of ordering one so I'm almost ready to get started. I was just wondering if I should wind my own bobbins or stick to pre-wound. Because I think I remember several of you saying that their 770-s don't like home wound bobbins. Am I correct in that? Amazon offers a box of 144 pre wounds for $34.99. Has anyone here used those? Are they any good?

Thread isn't so hard because there are plenty of reviews to check, but not so with bobbins.

Here's another silly question about stabilizer. When I embroider a t shirt or other knit, is the stabilizer supposed to stay on the back of the design except for around the edges of the design? I read something recently that said it kept the embroidery in place during washing. Argh! It's so confusing! To tear away or not to tear away! Leave it there or not! What brand or doesn't it matter! I really want to do this right and not foul up my machine in the process.

Lori in East Podunk

I prewind my own bobbins and use the brother embroidery thread and have never had a problem.

One more school day...then I will be hitting the Disney sewing in earnest until we leave for our trip! In the meantime, I wanted to share 2 shirts I did for my youngest two:

20120607_Shover_3206.jpg

The shirts are from Target - got a great haul on kids' Cherokee t's. They are on sale this week.

Love the Madagascar shirts.

Yeah to your daughter... hope she gets one of those jobs.

Glad to hear your daughters friend is doing better. :goodvibes

The first second showing set had us narrowed down along with two other houses -- I think that was in Feb so clearly they chose another home. The second set for a second showing was in April. The news was the people were still interested and then after that we never heard a thing. I'm getting irritated with our realtor but not sure if it's his fault or our tenants :confused3 Our tenants leave on the 15th so that should help me better determine if it's time to say bye to our current realtor or not. While our tenants are nice people, they did not want the house sold until they moved and I suspect it's been an issue for our realtor every time he has to show the place. I also am wondering if he is not getting full cooperation in having them take care of some things -- like Christmas lights that were hanging around the front door through April! But then again, the realtor didn't tell us until April!

It could be the tenants making it difficult for the showings. At least you only have a few weeks with them... the downside you lose that rent.

QUESTION

Posting on behalf of Amy since she has been busy with appts for Allison lately...

She is looking for American Tail Fievel embroidery or applique designs -- I can't find any but thought someone may be able to help. And Amy should be getting her THIRD machine today :) The second one ended up with a broken hoop attachment on the day it arrived :sad2: Personally, I don't think Amy realizes her own strength.

WOW... she is on her third machine. That is too bad that she keeps getting lemons.:mad:

WOO HOO for one more day! Love the Madagascar set. Will you be visiting Universal on your trip too? (I guess I could just go read your PTR to refresh my memory, however it's easier just to ask you here at the moment!)

Sunshine

No, we are strictly Disney! We saw Madagascar 3 this afternoon - I think I loved it as much as the kids! It was extra fun b/c I was there with two ladies I work with and we sat behind all the kiddos and had a good time, too. We are going again in two weeks for Brave!

I made 2 new coin purses for Disney. I am pretty pleased with them. I'd like to use them to hang off lanyards. I had planned on making the lanyards, but I can only find thin(ish) ribbon. ANyone know where I can get thicker ribbon, like what they use in Disney?

The first is for me and has a black interior. I hand stitched the satin stitch because I am not great at it with the sewing machine yet, and I like the look of it.

th_mycoinpurse.jpg

The second one is for my nephew and it has a baseball (same as the mickey head) interior. I actually used the sewing machine to applique this one and I think it turned out pretty well!!

th_jeremycoinpurse.jpg

I have a couple of easy fits I cut and they just need to be sewn. I also attempted a REAL pattern and that is cute. I did cut out a piece beackwards, but I'm using cheap fabric and considering it a learning experience.

Great job, I can't beleive you hand stitched the one!!

I feel a little embarass to post here as it's been ages since I've been here ...but I always felt welcome and part of a special group,

for the past few months I had several surgeries ( for brain shunts) also found out I have glaucoma , been nothing but in an out of hospitals and doctors ,
a long while back I had some test done and a mass was found in the right ovary, I decided to just ignore it ( beside I had so much going on with the brain surgery) and forget about it, then a few mths back the pain was so bad I decided to go back to my dr and found out it grew and the Dr is the worried about possibility of cancer

here is where I'm at a fence about what to do...I could go for surgery , remove the ovary and mass, wait 2 days for pathology and if is anything bad , go back and have everything removed, or just go have surgery have everything removed ( ovaries, uterus, tubes, cervix) and be done with it( will be put on HRT) ...I'm to have surgery on June 20th, but do not know what to do or who to ask for information, I asked the GYN Dr if he had in office support or someone I could talk to and he said no, I do not want to let my family know as they've been really worried about me so my family don't know about the surgery yet ( but then again I have to decide first on what to do)

Linnette

not doing a lot of sewing but made these outfits recently

th_IMAG0553-1.jpg

th_IMAG0477-1.jpg

Hugs to you. That's a tough decision to make. I know you don't want to worry your family more but I really think you should talk with them before you make any decisions. Will be praying for you. By the way I love those dresses.

As of today I have 100 days before we leave for WDW :cool1:

I have one outfit made
th_98f8f1e5.jpg

Shirt was a $5 find at wally world, made the shorts today. Little man wants me to get every Cars fabric they had and make him more :rotfl:

I am resisting the urge to put these away in the suitcase...it is a bit early to pack I think:rotfl:

Great job!. My DS loves Cars too and would love for me to get all the Cars fabrics too!

Bryce is my personal favorite. DH and I love to hike there. Our ds's middle name is Bryce -- named after Bryce canyon. Havasupi sounds ideal -- next time we can afford to go out there I will look into that.

Where in Africa do your parents live? I hope everything goes well with your mom's surgery.

They live in Senegal which is more populated and not as many animals. They have done a few safaris though. Some day I would love to go visit. Thank you for the well wishes for my mom. She has been having alot of problems with her knees and can barely go up and down stair. She will have on knee replacement in a few weeks and at the end of summer will have the other one done. I'll show some pics in a minute of what me mom brought me.

I really need an intervention. this is not the place to seek it however since you are all to blame!! :rotfl:

I got brave and tried my first applique today:
th_63b163b4.jpg

now the question...
Its a plain white tee for my oldest, who asked me to make her shorts to match. Should I do black shorts with a red polka dot ruffle..or red polkadot shorts and black ruffle?:confused3

or both :rotfl:

Great job!! I would go with red with the black ruffle.

th_20120607_Shover_3206.jpg

Great job. My DS can't wait to see the new movie.

Congrats to your DD and best of luck going forward!! Also good news Amanda is doing so well and great she could "attend" graduation.

So my parents have been living in Africa for the last couple years and come home for the summers. They came home on Wednesday and are staying with me so I can help my mom when she has her surgeries. Two years ago she brought me this panel. I thought about making a quilt with it but just haven't had the time.
003-6.jpg

This year wenever they had anything made she saved the scraps and brought them for me!! Some are really just scraps but some are closer to a yard. Most are batik like and are pretty thick. I can add some of them to my quilt I want to make but not sure what else to make with them, maybe a patchwork skirt or something.
004-5.jpg

Another lady had brought fabric out there with her and ended up not using it so she gave them to my mom to give to me. A few Christmasy and a few Eastery fabrics.
005-5.jpg

She also brought me this handmade wallet. The outside is made of iguana skin and the inside is camel skin. Different but it looks pretty durable. Most people that sew out there still use treadle machines, that is what the wallet was made on. She brought one for me and both my sisters in law. She also brought men's wallets for the guys made from crocodile skin, don't have a picture of those though.
006-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

Wow! It took me forever to get caught up!

These are absolutely adorable!! I love all of them!!

Great job! My son would love these!

I've been following this...I will definitely get one for Tori! Thanks for thinking of us!

What a cute outfit!!

Great job! Did you use a pattern for these?

I love everything you made, but especially the onesie bikini!!! Did you use a pattern for this??

Great idea on the tooth shirt!! I think I will try this for sure!

These all look great!!

Love this!!!

I am so impressed with the hand applique. I am shocked when I get one to turn out with the embroidery machine, so the fact that you did such a good job on this is so impressive to me! Good job!

Ok, going to send this before I lose it and then post my pics!
TeamTori,nope no pattern but i had seen some like it on pinterest,they only had the kini on the front,but i couldn't let her go around with her booty showing ,hehe...so i did the back /bottom and a tie too! i used a thrifted sheet so i just ironed some onto the heat/bond/lite and then cut out the lil triangles for the top and for the bottom i unsnapped the onesie and lay the fabric on top and used a pen { with cap on] to make in indention around the edges of the onesie where i needed to cut,hope that makes sense...then i ironed it all on and satin stitched /appliquéd it to the onesie. for the top trim i used the hemmed edge of the sheet so i had to satin stitch the edges there too since they were rough on the cut side,,,next time i will use ribbon or ricrac since i can just straight stitch that! i cut the ends off the ties after the picture was taken,they were too long. i made them seperate and sticthed ont he sides,next time i will try to make it all one piece,one front and one back with the ties made to it.

QUESTION

She is looking for American Tail Fievel embroidery or applique designs -- I can't find any but thought someone may be able to help. And Amy should be getting her THIRD machine today The second one ended up with a broken hoop attachment on the day it arrived Personally, I don't think Amy realizes her own strength.

Anyone else think that it's just not fair that Amy's had THREE machines when some of us haven't even had one yet?? :confused3:rolleyes::lmao:

: My automatic threader fell off my PE770 into pieces and I have no idea how to put it all back together. I now have to thread everything the old fashion way

I checked my stitch count too... I am up to 3 million stitches.

I'm sorry, I have to admit that I snickered at this because it's such a 1st world problem to have :rotfl2: But seriously, I am sorry that the automatic threading function broke. And WOW for 3million stitches! that's a LOT!

No, we are strictly Disney! We saw Madagascar 3 this afternoon - I think I loved it as much as the kids! It was extra fun b/c I was there with two ladies I work with and we sat behind all the kiddos and had a good time, too. We are going again in two weeks for Brave!

oh I BET you had a good time. I'm guessing you three sat back there, kicked the seats in front of you, talked through the movie and threw popcorn at the people sitting in front of you. ;):lmao:

They live in Senegal which is more populated and not as many animals. They have done a few safaris though. Some day I would love to go visit. Thank you for the well wishes for my mom. She has been having alot of problems with her knees and can barely go up and down stair. She will have on knee replacement in a few weeks and at the end of summer will have the other one done. I'll show some pics in a minute of what me mom brought me.

So my parents have been living in Africa for the last couple years and come home for the summers. They came home on Wednesday and are staying with me so I can help my mom when she has her surgeries. Two years ago she brought me this panel. I thought about making a quilt with it but just haven't had the time.
th_003-6.jpg

This year wenever they had anything made she saved the scraps and brought them for me!! Some are really just scraps but some are closer to a yard. Most are batik like and are pretty thick. I can add some of them to my quilt I want to make but not sure what else to make with them, maybe a patchwork skirt or something.
th_004-5.jpg

Another lady had brought fabric out there with her and ended up not using it so she gave them to my mom to give to me. A few Christmasy and a few Eastery fabrics.
th_005-5.jpg

She also brought me this handmade wallet. The outside is made of iguana skin and the inside is camel skin. Different but it looks pretty durable. Most people that sew out there still use treadle machines, that is what the wallet was made on. She brought one for me and both my sisters in law. She also brought men's wallets for the guys made from crocodile skin, don't have a picture of those though.
th_006-4.jpg

th_007-4.jpg

WOW, thanks for sharing with us all the cool things your parents brought back from Africa. My DH's cousin is currently in Africa (was in Mali, but had to transfer out when the coup d'etat occurred. Briefly ended up in Burkina Faso and should now be staying permanently in Cameroon) and has sent me several pictures of the clothing styles worn there, so much of your mom's "leftovers" look familiar. That is a STUNNING wallet! Praying that your mom's surgeries go well and she is up and running in no time!

WOW! That is so neat about your DD! FX that she did well and will get offered a role! Please keep us updated! Also, thank you so much for updating us on Amanda's progress. I'm so glad she was able to "be there" at her graduation. That was really sweet of the school to make that possible. Praying that she continues to make great progress and heal!

How soon do you need your zippers? I ask b/c most stores have decent 4th of July sales. Hancocks had them on sale for 40% off plus an additional 15% off on Memorial Day.

Congrats to your dd! I'm excited for her and wish her continued success in her future auditions.

And it sounds like Amanda is making great progress. I will keep her in my thoughts :)

Ugh, I can only imagine how frustrating this whole house business has been for you. And I know it makes things even more difficult because you are not there. I will be praying that you are able to make some headway in finding a buyer asap! Oh and my SIL would like the diapers and wetbags by the 18th, and I need to make sure to mail it out in time for her to actually receive them. I did manage to find 5 zippers on clearance for 97¢ each, so I went ahead and bought those. Then I should be able to get the other 5 using coupons & competitor coupons. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Like I said to Andrea, I made it to the fabric store and got (most) of the supplies I need to work on my cloth diapers my SIL wanted for my nephew. I need to head out to Hancock fabric because Joann didn't have enough of the wicking material I needed to line the diapers with. I managed to get all the waterproof diaper layers cut out and started working on setting the snaps. There are 26 snaps on each diaper, so it just takes a while. Fortunately it's fairly mindless work, so I can watch a movie while I do it.

Sunshine

Went with the red with black ruffle (the red at her neck is her gymnastics leotard, she had just gotten home from practice)

812b44a4.jpg

Shes so slim that the shorts are a bit baggy in the front, but she liked them anyway

I also started working on another tee shirt into a dress for DD4, and had to tear it all apart :mad: so will try to fix it tomorrow and post it then...too frustrated to touch it again now:sad2:

Marissa update...yesterday she wasn't so lucky. She did do the audition wearing her pointe shoes (and evidently nobody else did) and said she felt like she rocked it, but the CM in charge told her that her technique was excellent, but she was too short for what they needed to cast. So it's my fault she didn't make it....the lack of height comes from little ole me! :lmao: But her attitude is still good, and she's determined to keep at it. She still has hopes something will come of Thursday's attempt...when she filled out the application she checked all the boxes...full time, part time, seasonal and holiday.

Now we get to go to WDW and play!

I know this is months old, but was wondering where you found the great applique/embroidery for test track? Thanks!

HeatherSue has a TT appliqué on her site, though I'm not sure if this is hers because I've been MIA for a while until recently. All of her things stitch out great!

th_003-6.jpg

th_004-5.jpg

th_005-5.jpg

th_006-4.jpg

th_007-4.jpg

Wow... what nice fabric but I can see where it might be hard to decide what to make with it.

I'm sorry, I have to admit that I snickered at this because it's such a 1st world problem to have :rotfl2: But seriously, I am sorry that the automatic threading function broke. And WOW for 3million stitches! that's a LOT!
Sunshine

:lmao: I know it could be worse....but I really miss my threader :sad: Do you know how many times I kept trying to use it out of habit :headache:

Went with the red with black ruffle (the red at her neck is her gymnastics leotard, she had just gotten home from practice)

th_812b44a4.jpg

Shes so slim that the shorts are a bit baggy in the front, but she liked them anyway

I also started working on another tee shirt into a dress for DD4, and had to tear it all apart :mad: so will try to fix it tomorrow and post it then...too frustrated to touch it again now:sad2:

She looks cute in them. The Easy Fit tends to run baggy but look so comfy:hug:

I know this is months old, but was wondering where you found the great applique/embroidery for test track? Thanks!

FrouFroubyHS has that on her website.

Marissa update...yesterday she wasn't so lucky. She did do the audition wearing her pointe shoes (and evidently nobody else did) and said she felt like she rocked it, but the CM in charge told her that her technique was excellent, but she was too short for what they needed to cast. So it's my fault she didn't make it....the lack of height comes from little ole me! :lmao: But her attitude is still good, and she's determined to keep at it. She still has hopes something will come of Thursday's attempt...when she filled out the application she checked all the boxes...full time, part time, seasonal and holiday.

:hug: Sorry to hear that she didn't make the cut...hopefully she will hear back from the other one soon.

MICHELLE your quote disappeared -- I would be pretty bummed if my automatic threader broke! Have you ever had your machine in for service? I need to look at my stitch count but I'm not sure I remember how. I'll have to see if I can figure it out.

th_003-6.jpg

th_004-5.jpg

th_005-5.jpg

th_006-4.jpg

th_007-4.jpg
I'm not too familiar with Senegal, but being on the west coast I don't think they have an animal population like the eastern and southern countries do (I could be wrong though). Still a very neat experience.

I might use some of those fabrics to make purses or as accents on skirts -- I am not a quilter though. Some of them are really pretty.

And what a neat wallet. I love have useful things from other countries. My keepsakes usually include something useful like a purse and I often buy jewelry too because it lasts forever, and then I try to always get something for the house. Our kids bathroom upstairs has two pictures from Africa and one from Egypt hanging in it. I had a vase from Egypt too but that disappeared -- it was metal and I know one of the kids took it to school when they were studying Egypt -- I hope it's still not all school -- I need to look for that!!!

I had a friend who had knee replacements last year -- her recovery was a bit longer than expected but she is quite heavy so weight bearing was a greater challenge for her. Hopefully your mom's will go well.

Anyone else think that it's just not fair that Amy's had THREE machines when some of us haven't even had one yet?? :confused3:rolleyes::lmao:

Ugh, I can only imagine how frustrating this whole house business has been for you. And I know it makes things even more difficult because you are not there. I will be praying that you are able to make some headway in finding a buyer asap! Oh and my SIL would like the diapers and wetbags by the 18th, and I need to make sure to mail it out in time for her to actually receive them. I did manage to find 5 zippers on clearance for 97¢ each, so I went ahead and bought those. Then I should be able to get the other 5 using coupons & competitor coupons. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Like I said to Andrea, I made it to the fabric store and got (most) of the supplies I need to work on my cloth diapers my SIL wanted for my nephew. I need to head out to Hancock fabric because Joann didn't have enough of the wicking material I needed to line the diapers with. I managed to get all the waterproof diaper layers cut out and started working on setting the snaps. There are 26 snaps on each diaper, so it just takes a while. Fortunately it's fairly mindless work, so I can watch a movie while I do it.

Sunshine
:rotfl2: at your comment about Amy and her collection of machines! trust me, she's not laughing! She leaves very soon and had hoped to get more done. Hopefully I can help her out some this week. And hopefully third time is a charm!

Good job on getting the diapers in order. I still have all mine boxed in the attic which I need to pull down and see if I can find someone to buy them. I know you can't sell diapers on e-bay but I think I can have the local homebirth midwife send out an e-mail to her chain of folks advertising them for me. I paid loads of $$$ for all of them and we were never able to have more children so it's time to get rid of them. I have sooooo much stuff I need to go through and get rid of. I need to e-bay some of dd's good clothes but I've only ever bought on e-bay -- hopefully I can figure out to sell!

Do you have a snap tool? Does it work well? I have more fabric to make a hospital gown but the snap tape is so expensive. My fabric will sit until the house sells. And thank you for your prayers -- the more the better!

th_812b44a4.jpg

Super cute and seeing them I think the right color choice was made. Your dd has mine dd's figure! Sadly my dd takes after her father in that regard.

that applique design is Heather's.

I hate when something ridiculous that can't be changed interferes! I wanted to be a flight attendant but my uncorrected vision was not good enough. It still bothers me to this day! I feel your dd's pain. Since she did so well though hopefully she will get called back for something.

th_812b44a4.jpg

Those turned out cute!!! And, your daughter looks pleased! I love her smile. :)

http://froufroubyheathersue.com/#ecwid:category=1488233&mode=product&product=6016543

Well, that stinks! I'm glad she has a good attitude though!

812b44a4.jpg

Adorable!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter