Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Sorry for skipping some things, I will go back shortly to quote and comment on all your lovely projects, but I have a QUESTION for SANDI OR any other people experienced with sewing clothes from commercial patterns

I picked up these 3 patterns today:

McCall's M5391
M5391.jpg

McCall's M6354
M6354.jpg

Vintage Vogue V8789
V8789.jpg

And I'm trying to begin figuring out what SIZE to sew for myself. I usually wear a size 4 or Small in RTW clothes, but when I use my measurements that I take (bust/waist/hip/etc.), according to the pattern sizing I would be a Large for the tunic, a size 14 for the vintage dress, and the shorts. :confused: I even rechecked to make sure I was getting the measurements the right way, and I AM! I tried looking up the patterns on the pattern review site Sandi reccomended, and no one seemed to say the patterns are sized small :confused3 SO I guess I'm asking is it NORMAL that I would need to make such a bigger size off a pattern as opposed to something I buy off the rack??

SANDI HELP ME OUT! I KNOW you just sewed the Vintage Vogue recently!

okay, thanks so much for I am but a wee grasshopper. :worship:
Sunshine

The pattern industry standardized their sizing (among the big 4 - Simplicity (by extension, now New Look, too), McCall's, Butterick, and Vogue) about 40 years ago. The pattern that has held most true for me was to go two sizes up from RTW, BUT you need to pay attention to the finished garment measurements, consider your fabric,and how you want the garment to fit.

I'm extra gifted in the bust, so I did a large amount of altering to the bodice of the dress - add length, not just width if you need to adjust the bust. I have made that shorts pattern and they are pretty true to the size as far as using your measurements matched up with the pattern.

I would highly recommend checking out Pattern Review and see how the pattern worked out for other people.

It is very common to be totally off from your RTW size when dealing with commercial patterns. I always go by the FINISHED measurements listed on the pattern (I know simplicity and mccalls furnish this I havn't sewn a Vogue lately)

If you are bigger than a B cup your shirt & upper dress sizing may be tricky....typically if you are and the pattern is really fitted (I'm thinking of that vogue dress pattern you had) you will probably need a full bust adjustment. It makes a world of difference in the fit. It seems complicated at first but once you learn your alterations they are the same every time you make something....so it's worth the time to learn.

I highly recommend "Fit for Real People" by Patti Palmer it's a great fitting book that shows you how and why patterns are what they are....and how to fix them.

Get that book!!

Hi Everybody,
I have been reading all the posts and I love everything I've seen. My minor surgery did not go as expected. I am fine now but I was having surgery to remove my medi-port that I've had in place for several years. They believed that there was a leak in it but it turned out that it was completely broken. When they had me in the surgery and went to pull out the port a piece of it slipped into the artery in my neck and was carried down to my heart where it was lodged. They had to do an emergency procedure to go and get the piece out of my heart. I am fine and only have a small extra incision but haven't felt really great or energetic yet. I will be completely healed in a couple more days though. It was a close call and I am glad that it happened in the hospital because if the piece had lodged in my heart while I was at home, it might have had some terrible consequences.

Scary! I'm glad you are okay. Get some rest.

I stitched out a really cute Aloha Minnie Mouse onto a dress for me - I'll take a picture after I add Mickey playing a ukelele under a palm tree...

Hi Everybody,
I have been reading all the posts and I love everything I've seen. My minor surgery did not go as expected. I am fine now but I was having surgery to remove my medi-port that I've had in place for several years. They believed that there was a leak in it but it turned out that it was completely broken. When they had me in the surgery and went to pull out the port a piece of it slipped into the artery in my neck and was carried down to my heart where it was lodged. They had to do an emergency procedure to go and get the piece out of my heart. I am fine and only have a small extra incision but haven't felt really great or energetic yet. I will be completely healed in a couple more days though. It was a close call and I am glad that it happened in the hospital because if the piece had lodged in my heart while I was at home, it might have had some terrible consequences.

Many prayers being sent your way.

Judy sending prayers to Lisa too.

I have been reading along but am so crazy busy catching up on things right now.

I'm making a custom for me today...it's a knit dress with a red and blue tropical-looking floral from The Fabric Fairy (someone recently used scraps of this in a project) and a red with white aloha Mickey & Minnie print knit. I appliqued a hula Minnie on one side of the skirt and I'm am stitching out a hula Mickey on the other side right now (he's sitting under a palm tree strumming a ukelele). I'm really excited b/c the dress is cute before the embroidery, but it will be really fun when I get it finished. Why should the kids have all the fun?

My aloha dress! The pattern is from an old Burda (circa 1994) and the appliques are from Sweet Pea (Minnie) and Bows and Clothes (Mickey).

20120512_Shover_1761.jpg

Diane, Please know I am thankful you are well enough to let us know how your surgery went and hope that you have a speedy recovery!

These pretty gifts were made by Mary (RMAMom) the Ariel Hospital Gown and from Ann (fruto76) the Princess Hospital Gown.

d822418b.jpg

4bef230c.jpg

Thanks for the good wishes. Lisa's hospital gowns are so cute and much nicer than the green ones they give you when you check in! Praying that her stay at the hospital goes smoothly!

Very cute!
OMG!!! I am so thankful you are OK -- that sounds so incredibly scary. I am glad you were in good hands in the hospital. I hope you get your rest for now and the energy will come in time. :hug:
Thanks! I am already starting to feel better.

glad they caught it when they did and hope for a swift recovery.
Thanks!

Glad everything is good now and everything was taken care of. Will keep you i my prayers and hope ou start getting your energy back soon.
Thanks! I am definitely starting to feel better today.

I am so glad that the problem happened in hospital! How scary! I hope you will recover quickly from this point on. Will you need the port put back in at some point?
It was quite scary! I am glad that they didn't tell my husband until it was over because he would have been a mess while he was waiting for them to tell him I was ok. I won't have the port put back in until I need it again. There is maintenance/care that goes with having a port so since I am currently in remission I'd rather not have to deal with it.

Many prayers being sent your way.

My aloha dress! The pattern is from an old Burda (circa 1994) and the appliques are from Sweet Pea (Minnie) and Bows and Clothes (Mickey).

20120512_Shover_1761.jpg
I love your aloha dress. I was the one who used that fabric in a scrap box creation. I like how it turned out with your Minnie and Mickey appliqued onto it.

OK a little off topic here.....
A few months ago I mentioned that my DD was expecting her first baby. I have to send a huge thank you to SallyfromDE for my pinterest invite because I took the beautiful ideas and planned Rachel's shower. Anyway, I stopped posting because Rachel is on the boards and the shower was a surprise, I don't know how planning a party consumed my life but it did. I had nothing to post because what little I was sewing was for the party. Now that it's over I can share the pictures with you.

The shower was held at my Mom's house, Rachel thought we were going to work around Grandmoms house and then have dinner for my nephews6th birthday. We stopped on the way at the dollar store and bought 10 birthday balloons and I made sure I was busy so she had to carry them! She walked in with all the balloons and everyone yelled surprise! She never saw it coming :rotfl2:
Here she is with my Mom pinning on her corsage
RachelsShower002.jpg
[/IMG]

It's a boy banner
RachelsShower011.jpg
[/IMG]

Baby Boy Blue Punch
RachelsShower010.jpg
[/IMG]

I made a tricycle diaper and the blocks with baby pics of Rachel
RachelsShower022.jpg
[/IMG]

Diaper Cake
RachelsShower025.jpg
[/IMG]

This is where she sat to open her gifts. This is a very old rocking chair that had a very dark finish on it. My Mom stripped the finish and refinished it in a cherry wood finish so it better matches the crib. It still looks dark in this picture but it's much lighter than it was and know has a red hue to it
RachelsShower021.jpg
[/IMG]

We set up 3 tables and had lunch on the porch.
RachelsShower006.jpg
[/IMG]

My youngest daughter, Abby, made the cake
RachelsShower061-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I bought white frames at Target and glued lace ribbon to them, put different sayings in them and put them throughout the house
RachelsShower055.jpg
[/IMG]

The birds say best wishes and advice for Rachel, and each guest filled out one or two
RachelsShower112.jpg
[/IMG]

My Mom made wreaths
RachelsShower095.jpg
[/IMG]

RachelsShower088.jpg

Finally I made an outfit with matching bonnet and shoes
7bf73ea6.jpg
[/IMG]
Love the ducky buttons
a1a9a545.jpg
[/IMG]

Last but not least my Grandson's first disney custom. A reversible romper
411a7ee9.jpg
[/IMG]

0304af5a.jpg
[/IMG]

It was a great day, thanks for letting me share it with you.
oh my goodness! i love it ALL!!! specially the banner and the framed sayings/poems! we had a ducky shower for my 1st grndson too! love that theme for lil boys! th eblue and yellow are perfect! that cake was so pretty and i loved the wreaths too! great job on everythng and i too love pinterest,a world of ideas right at your fingertips! we are in the process of planning a Minnie Mouse shower for my newest grandchild Liberty! everything in b/w damask and hot pink and MInnie Heads!!! even the kids at the shower get to play pin the bow on minnies head!

I lost the other lot. I went to baseball and got distracted with the kids and forgot to bid higher before it ended.

Love that fabric. Greta job, I haven't attempted shorts yet. Should put that on my list.

great job on the quilts ! I don't know if I could do that, I'm having too much fun sewing little girl clothes right now.

Bog looks awesome ! I would love to make one of those. Is the embroidery all thread ? I can't imagine how much time that takes. Do you do it on another piece of fabric and then divide it onto your bag like that ?

So, since I fixed my Mother's machine I have been busy.

My Tiana dress

540619_2951130391998_1673532524_1724005_1124591281_n.jpg

562171_2951131112016_1673532524_1724007_1849284239_n.jpg

My circus dress, I saw this fabric and knew I had to do something completely crazy and out there with it for a dress. I got this pattern at a clearance center with the big bow and poufy sleeves.

front
560303_2951133912086_1673532524_1724014_1184857256_n.jpg

back
540332_2951134232094_1673532524_1724015_1735759120_n.jpg

I like the bow better in the back than in the front where the pattern says to put it.

Love my Planter's Peanuts fabric from my Aunt.

295089_2951137792183_1673532524_1724022_607691777_n.jpg

On to the next pattern, it had a shirt, pants, dress, and kerchief.... I went with Tangled for my theme.

564195_2951138472200_1673532524_1724024_2140333014_n.jpg

582029_2951140112241_1673532524_1724027_256723310_n.jpg

535300_2951141232269_1673532524_1724029_1368592143_n.jpg
OMGOODNESS I LOVE IT ALL!! is the Tiana dress the McCall's pattern #6271 'LolaLou'? i have had that pattern for awhile but not tried it yet.... what's the 'frustration' level on that pattern? hehe
also is the Repunzel McCall's 6062? i have that one too and lOVE IT! i have used it so many times the edges are worn from pinning! it is so versatile and easy!!!and the capri's and kerchief can be paired with so many other outfits! again love your outfits! the fabrics are wonderful...

Hi Everybody,
oh no! so scary...so glad you are ok!!! prayers you are feeling better soon! and yes it is so good you were in the or when this happened!

Just checking in here, I've been delinquent for months. I've got a trip planned for a weekend in June with my sister and our kids. My 11yo nephew is willing To put up with his crazy aunt, and will wear whatever custom t-shirts I make for him, and my sister and DD's are always ready.

Just thought I'd say hi as I lurk here again. ;)

OMGOODNESS I LOVE IT ALL!! is the Tiana dress the McCall's pattern #6271 'LolaLou'? i have had that pattern for awhile but not tried it yet.... what's the 'frustration' level on that pattern? hehe
also is the Repunzel McCall's 6062? i have that one too and lOVE IT! i have used it so many times the edges are worn from pinning! it is so versatile and easy!!!and the capri's and kerchief can be paired with so many other outfits! again love your outfits! the fabrics are wonderful...

yup, 6271. All of frustration was because I broke my mother's machine doing the top and then got a cruddy replacement that went back in 3 days. Once I fixed my mother's machine it went really smooth and was pretty easy. I bought another copy of the pattern so I could make a different size too.

th_20120512_Shover_1761.jpg

This is supercute! I agree, adults can and DO wear customs too!

Just checking in here, I've been delinquent for months. I've got a trip planned for a weekend in June with my sister and our kids. My 11yo nephew is willing To put up with his crazy aunt, and will wear whatever custom t-shirts I make for him, and my sister and DD's are always ready.

Just thought I'd say hi as I lurk here again. ;)

Welcome back and I hope to see your work more often :)

Diane - I thought I got your quote but I must have lost it. I am glad that you are feeling better. I truly hope that you won't need to have the port replaced and you remain in remission.

Since tomorrow is Mother's Day - please allow me to say: Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, grandmothers, and/or women who serve in a "mother" role to others. I hope you will have a lovely and relaxing day. Even though your family may not say so, I am sure they truly appreciate everything you do each and every day!

The DIS boards freaked out as I tried to respond, I hope this works!

They look great! I am so glad you posted pics of Lisa modeling them! Are they long enough? This was a big dilemma for all of us!
PLENTY long enough and so cute...going to share yours and Lynn's shortly! They are all perfect!
Who is this "Andrea" you are speaking of? But I am hopeful your package from Isa will arrive tomorrow. It might not thanks to the garage door situation. For those who don't know, I wanted to mail my package first thing Thursday morning but on Wed night my garage door broke with my car inside. The door could only be opened 1.5 feet. It wasn't repaired until noon on Thursday so my package got out a few hours later than I intended. And then, to top it off, I mailed Lisa B's fleece blankets (for the orphanage) at the same time and when I put hers in the self serve shoot I apparently jammed it :rolleyes1 So they told me to just set Judy's package on the end of the counter. I hope someone took it right away and that it's not still sitting on the end of the counter! And to top it off, the lady behind me at the self serve thingie gave me a snotty look b/c then she too had to walk her package down to the counter.

It arrived today Miss ISA!...now explain THAT!!! :lmao::rotfl2: So glad your door is fixed.

Those look great and definately much better than hospital issued gowns. I'll be praying everything goes well for Lisa.
Thank you so much! :flower3:
Oh I am so glad that princess Lisa will have nice comfy hospital gowns to wear! I felt terrible that I couldn't help you out with the gowns - the shipping cost would have been >$50 even if I had the gowns made the day after we chatted. I will be praying for Lisa, your family, and Lisa's medical team over the next few days.
Thank you, you are such a sweetheart! I am SOOOO glad you didn't try to make Lisa any, that would have been :eek::eek: for postage!
Judy sending prayers to Lisa too.
THANK YOU Chiara!
Thanks for the good wishes. Lisa's hospital gowns are so cute and much nicer than the green ones they give you when you check in! Praying that her stay at the hospital goes smoothly!

Thank you for the prayers Diane. I am relieved to hear you are feeling better as well and will keep the prayers coming for you.

It was quite scary! I am glad that they didn't tell my husband until it was over because he would have been a mess while he was waiting for them to tell him I was ok. I won't have the port put back in until I need it again. There is maintenance/care that goes with having a port so since I am currently in remission I'd rather not have to deal with it.

May you NEVER need another port!

oh my goodness! i love it ALL!!! specially the banner and the framed sayings/poems! we had a ducky shower for my 1st grndson too! love that theme for lil boys! th eblue and yellow are perfect! that cake was so pretty and i loved the wreaths too! great job on everythng

RMAMOM (Mary) I am so glad she captured these pics from the shower for your daughter..how BEAUTIFUL everything looks and how fun to have a new grandson to look forward to! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!:flower3:

I will be at a dance competition all day aren't I a good Mommy :)

You ARE a good Mommy Chiara, I hope you have a truly blessed Mother's Day!!

to ALL of you lovely ladies!​

My Lisa received two MORE gowns each from Lynn (cajunfan) and Andrea (VBAndrea aka: ISA). Lynn also made Lisa some matching headbands and Andrea made our Miracle Dog Bandit a reversible bandanna. As you can see they are gorgeous and MUCH prettier than the "Lima Bean Green" (Lisa's words) hospital gowns she wore her last weeklong hospital stay.

Hospital Gown from March:

c4a59562.jpg

Lisa LOVES to dance and both today's pics and yesterday's pics show her twirling, arms out and hair flying.

Gowns/Bandanna from Andrea:

5a325f36.jpg

f3bc55e3.jpg

0088b643.jpg

3c22531b.jpg

dfb7c275.jpg

2bec3a3b.jpg

8a5e9510.jpg

5c818806.jpg

191aec4d.jpg

Gowns/Headbands From Lynn
4e29473e.jpg

f61f100b.jpg

5f87f274.jpg

d8858d08.jpg

1a48ef08.jpg

894ccecd.jpg

8b1ae9fd.jpg

ee7d8a1c.jpg

1695e4bf.jpg

T
It arrived today Miss ISA!...now explain THAT!!! :lmao::rotfl2: So glad your door is fixed.
I think that was a typo -- you must have meant to type Miss USA :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

My Lisa received two MORE gowns each from Lynn (cajunfan) and Andrea (VBAndrea aka: ISA). Lynn also made Lisa some matching headbands and Andrea made our Miracle Dog Bandit a reversible bandanna. As you can see they are gorgeous and MUCH prettier than the "Lima Bean Green" (Lisa's words) hospital gowns she wore her last weeklong hospital stay.

th_f3bc55e3.jpg

Gowns/Headbands From Lynn

th_8b1ae9fd.jpg
th_1695e4bf.jpg

[/CENTER]

Cute! I think the length looks decent on the dog one -- I bought 2.5 yards of fabric to make it a couple of inches longer than the pattern.

I think I already missed you, but I hope you have a wonderful trip! Everything you made is great, but my favorite is the Lego skirt! Great use of pattern!

And, Beth using the box:
th_IMG_3149.jpg
Thanks! We had a great trip but it flew by so fast. Got a ton of comments on the Lego Ts.

Wow. Your Dad made a beautiful box for Beth!

The first are for Jonathon to wear with a Peter Pan appliqued T-shirt (Not yet done)
th_2012-05-03_18-48-21_23.jpg

THe FABULOUS pocket appliques were thanks to my dear friend Andrea!!! Jonathon and I love them!!

These are shorts that I made for Christopher to wear to Animal Kingdom. I "think" I want to do Heather Sues Elephant with Ears on a T-shirt for this.

th_2012-05-04_21-34-52_443.jpg

This isn't anything I worked on.... But Ms. Andrea surprised my sweet Alli with this beautiful Tink Tee. Alli was disappointed she wouldn't be able to wear her tink to Disney since it's long sleeve. Andrea must have remembered that!!
th_2012-05-03_10-48-04_679.jpg

Andrea was also kind enough And Appliqued T-shirts my mom purchased and Tinkbell13 kindly did all of our names and sent us the files (? I guess that's how I would say it?) To both of them!

th_2012-05-02_17-24-43_561.jpg

We will wear those the morning we go to Chef Mickey for breakfast. I think we may go to Magic Kingdom that same day. Getting SO excited!!

Allison got a bit of her own Pixie Dust today!! Her doctor gave her the OK to start her new treatment today!!!! WOO Hoo!! She is on :cloud9: Now we just wait to see if it will be successful!! I am going to say it IS going to work!!

Happy Sewing!
Shorts are great! Love the matching Ts and Tink T. :wizard:Hope the new treatment is successful.

I finished up a dress for work. It's a new Simplicity pattern - 1897 - and it is very easy. If you are looking for a simple project to sew for you, I'd highly recommend it.

th_20120505_Shover_1663.jpg

When I tried it on so DH could take a pic for me, my ten year old son asked if it was for our Disney trip. It would kind of work for Animal Kingdom, but I think the only animal kingdom it will see the inside of is a middle school.
I am always so impressed by what you make yourself. Great dress for any wild place.;)

I decided to try a little project this afternoon, so I made something from youcanmakethis.com. It's a microwave bowl potholder. These are from my bargain fabrics from Tuesday Morning!

th_P1020642.jpg
Very cool.

Time to share some pictures. First up is the outfit I made for the birthday boy (my sister's boyfriend's grandson who turned 4). Clearly they are huge Yankees fans.

Problem 1 -- the shorts look "off" in the crotch but I double checked after sewing and I did not sew them upside down. I wrapped the pockets 1 inch to the sides/back and I wonder if that makes them look funny. I meant to have dd try them on but forgot.

Problem 2 -- doing the shirt my hoop came partially unattached and really ruined the embroidery. In the first pic you can't tell, but look up close -- I really should have taken a before pic as I worked miracles, though it is very far from perfect. I didn't have time to buy a new shirt -- nor did I want to spend another $10.

th_CooperShorts.jpg

th_CooperBadNY.jpg

And dd's outfit -- she's a mess but I'm not apologizing because it's not allowed. Forgot to take pics at the party so this is her after swimming hair. Skirt appliques are Planet Applique and shirt is Heather Sue. If this outfit look familiar it should -- I made two of these with mickey head pirate shirts for Madison's BG. I have been dying to make one for dd and this was a pirate themed party so I had the perfect excuse.

th_AlexaPirateFornt.jpg

th_AlexaPirateback.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Other than the Yankees part......cute outfit. Love the pirate outfit too.

[{QUOTE=VBAndrea;44817123]From dress rehearsal today:

th_DorothyAlexa.jpg

[/QUOTE]
How perfect!

OH everything looks GREAT! I LOVE the Buzz skirt. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

TBC...
Sunshine
Thanks! We saw Buzz at DHS and he made a big fuss over it.

OK a little off topic here.....
A few months ago I mentioned that my DD was expecting her first baby. I have to send a huge thank you to SallyfromDE for my pinterest invite because I took the beautiful ideas and planned Rachel's shower. Anyway, I stopped posting because Rachel is on the boards and the shower was a surprise, I don't know how planning a party consumed my life but it did. I had nothing to post because what little I was sewing was for the party. Now that it's over I can share the pictures with you.

The shower was held at my Mom's house, Rachel thought we were going to work around Grandmoms house and then have dinner for my nephews6th birthday. We stopped on the way at the dollar store and bought 10 birthday balloons and I made sure I was busy so she had to carry them! She walked in with all the balloons and everyone yelled surprise! She never saw it coming

It's a boy banner
th_RachelsShower011.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally I made an outfit with matching bonnet and shoes
th_7bf73ea6.jpg
[/IMG]
Love the ducky buttons
th_a1a9a545.jpg
[/IMG]

Last but not least my Grandson's first disney custom. A reversible romper
th_411a7ee9.jpg
[/IMG]

th_0304af5a.jpg
[/IMG]

It was a great day, thanks for letting me share it with you.
what a great shower. Love the banner and outfits-especially Pooh.

I love the Stitch shirt and especially the Lego skirts'n'shirts.
Thanks! Stitched loved that shirt too!

Your daughter doesn't like polka dots? What have you been feeding her? What's in your water? What do the playground bullies say to her???

That being said, the striped fabric is perfect.

And, I love your four parks t-shirts. Lately when I've been going solo I don't even do a park hopper, I'm too lazy to do the whole transportation thing between parks -- but you and your crew and much younger than I. :)
don't get me started on the playground bullies. She is the pickiest eater-mostly white food. She drinks milk & water at home (no juice or soda) but only water at WDW because the milk doesn't taste the same. Her wardrobe has expanded. When she was 3 & 4 she would only wear black or navy. Maybe she will wear polka dots (she does have some PJs with polka dots) and maybe even expand her food choices.:rotfl:

We had a blast doing our 4 park day. I bet you aren't much older than me-could be younger even. I felt every one of my years in my feet, legs and back that day.

Thank you. I guess the recovery is going to be slower than I realized. Today for the first time in a week I had real people food. Oatmeal for breakfast and soup for lunch. I choked/gagged so much on the Ensure I had for dinner last night that I thought I'd give my hacking muscles a break today. Don't know why liquids don't go down but soft foods do? Where's my RN sister when I need her?
Hope you are feeling even better now.

It's been a busy night...
2012-05-08231500.jpg

and I have two more larger pairs of the Mickey shorts almost done as well!
Love what you do with knits too!

VBAndrea said:
So cute! Never too many photos.

I finished up the boy-wear after dinner and got the little monsters to model for me (and my new camera, a Nikon D3100, came - happy Mother's Day to me!) :cool1:

389235_3105532717364_1235641305_32325796_1040448137_n.jpg

577701_3105533277378_1235641305_32325798_872051958_n.jpg

20120509_Shover_1712.jpg
How cute are they? Love it all!

In the meantime I thought I would share a few pictures of my work just for a little more eye candy on this thread.
DSC_0062.jpg

This is a block from a quilt I made for a dear friend of mine that I haven't quilted yet because I have an error somewhere as the top is not squaring up correctly.

DSC_0016.jpg

This is a table topper a friend and I redrafted from an antique block we saw at a quilt show.

Lastly

DSC_0007.jpg

This is a baby quilt a friend and I designed around the fabric (the cream and the brown border). Her favorite color is brown and she was expecting a girl.

Happy sewing everyone!
Love your quilts!

For those of you that don't follow my TR, or my FB fan page, or my personal FB page... My latest bag:

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5160.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5155.jpg

And then - a teaser photo for my Launch bag:

528484_441096335902126_198382840173478_1707865_1813202256_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!
D~
Just love everything about that Tigger bag. Love the multi colored quilting on the launch bag.

So, since I fixed my Mother's machine I have been busy.

My Tiana dress

540619_2951130391998_1673532524_1724005_1124591281_n.jpg

562171_2951131112016_1673532524_1724007_1849284239_n.jpg

My circus dress, I saw this fabric and knew I had to do something completely crazy and out there with it for a dress. I got this pattern at a clearance center with the big bow and poufy sleeves.

front
560303_2951133912086_1673532524_1724014_1184857256_n.jpg

back
540332_2951134232094_1673532524_1724015_1735759120_n.jpg

I like the bow better in the back than in the front where the pattern says to put it.

Love my Planter's Peanuts fabric from my Aunt.

295089_2951137792183_1673532524_1724022_607691777_n.jpg

On to the next pattern, it had a shirt, pants, dress, and kerchief.... I went with Tangled for my theme.

564195_2951138472200_1673532524_1724024_2140333014_n.jpg

582029_2951140112241_1673532524_1724027_256723310_n.jpg

535300_2951141232269_1673532524_1724029_1368592143_n.jpg

My taggie blankets. grabbed both for the pic so you could see the front and back at the same time.

536044_2951525441874_1673532524_1724270_1669782889_n.jpg
WOW! You've been busy. Love everything. That Planters fabric is great!

OhMyGoodness, I'm ridiculously behind. I came over to post my tinkerbell fun for Andrea that I finally finished up today! Thanks for asking me to do this, it inspired me to try something new! :woohoo:

IMAG0413.jpg

And I just couldn't resist... She now has a complete Tinkerbell outfit. :)
IMAG0417.jpg

I'm about 6 pages behind.. YIKES!
So cute!
Y
Wow! Everyone's been busy and looks great! I just finished up my big give items. A few weeks ago I posted a Star Wars car organizer, I finally finished the other. My youngest requested Lightning McQueen. I did change up one thing after I put them in the car. I initially used cord elastic on the top, I thought it would be pretty easy to be able to just slip it over the headrest. I didn't think it all the way through and once toys started getting put into the pockets the elastic started stretching quite a bit so I replaced the elastic with cording.

I was hoping to get more sewing done this week but that didn't happen. My soon to be sister in law called to see if I could be a bridesmaid in the wedding. I was initially planning on making my dress for the wedding so I guess that freed up some time but the wedding is next month and she only started planning the bridesmaid dresses this week. She picked a style and color out so I went to figure out what size and they said the color she chose it would be 12 weeks for the order to come in obviously that's not going to work. So she went to a different place and of course because it's last minute it's going to cost all of us an additional $45 to put a super rush on the order to get it on time. So now I have to go to another store tomorrow to get this darn dress ordered and hope it comes in time. This dress was so not in the budget but it's my brother's wedding so I'll go with it. No wonder why I keep getting this feeling the wedding is going to be alot of drama.

But anyway enough of the drama for now so here's the organizer all complete and then in the car along with the other one.

001-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

005-3.jpg
Those are great!

I've been wanting to make re-useable rain ponchos. Does anyone know where I have find/ buy a pattern for this?
Thanks in advance!:goodvibes
http://www.thegreenpepper.com/adults.html?id=QxLX7DIp

I think that was a typo -- you must have meant to type Miss USA :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
Hi Miss USA!!!! You are a beauty, but we better say MRS. USA!

Cute! I think the length looks decent on the dog one -- I bought 2.5 yards of fabric to make it a couple of inches longer than the pattern.

It is perfect and long enough when she lies down to hide her fanny. I did have you make them maybe a shade big in the width, but she loves them and so do the nurses! We could truly use some prayers tonight please. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter