Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

PurpleEars - that is very encouraging, the embroidery machine I'm interested in runs about $300. That is more fitting of my current budget and good to know you are pleased with yours! I will definitely post pictures as soon as DISboard lets me! :)

Yes my embroidery machine is a workhorse. I have to tell you though, most people find 4x4 very limiting. I have a MAJOR case of hoop envy but I manage to get by with what I have. Let's just say I am itching for an upgrade! I have to wait until the mortgage is paid off before doing that though.

As I mentioned above, my serger is supposed to be delivered TODAY! I'm about to pee my pants I'm so excited! (Darn 4 kids really took a toll on this poor body! :rotfl: ) AND my DH is out of town on an overnight class trip so as soon as it arrives (and the kids go to bed) I can play guilt free with it to my little heart's content.:lovestruc

Sunshine

Oh I can't wait to see what you make with the help with this new toy! Have fun playing!

I wish I'd finish my yardwork too! truth be told I've taking a break this week -- my mom had surgery and the kids are off school. I am hoping to make something tomorrow -- not sure what to make though. I want to try to make a pattern for a knit dress based off my Olivia pattern with a different style skirt to it (I'm too cheap right now to buy the actual pattern -- it's another Farbenmix so would be $15) but I also need to do dd's Dorothy dress for her play in May and I want to make a purse for myself and some totes -- I guess it just depends on what I have the fabric for. I want to make myself two skirts too but I just gained 9 pounds :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: and really want to make sure I can lose it so I size my skirts right. So much to do....

She had surgery for uterine prolapse (she's 81 so it's about time she had it fixed!) -- just an overnight hospital stay and she is doing really well at home. She was supposed to have 24 hour care upon coming home and when it was my shift all I did was watch tv and sudoku -- my sister and I made it about 8 hours of "care" instead of 24 hours. My mom was offering to make me dinner while I was there:laughing: So I think she's doing more than OK.

Me <------ who has a dog snoozing on my lap which is preventing me from cleaning, doing my daily workout (I started yesterday but if I say it's daily it should force me to do it everyday) and sewing.

I am glad that your mom recovered from her surgery well. She sounds like one of those poeple who cannot stop! We can encourage each other to keep up with our daily workout! I climb the stairs at work at lunch time.

PurpleEars: My dd went to the pioneer village yesterday and had a fantastic time! It was cute to see all the kids at school dressed up like they were from the turn of the century.

Great to hear that she had a great time!

Seems like I only manage to do drive by posts on here lately. I believe most of you now about my Grand Princess' recent surgery and very rocky road to recovery. She is only 4 and doesn't understand all that is happening.

This is the latest update from my DIL on her FB page.
"Update on Alyssa: Hi everyone. Another visit to the Dr today means good and bad news. The good news is her foot looks great as far as correcting the clubfoot. Also, in just a few short weeks she will be able to put pressure on her foot. This means that she will be able to walk again. The bad news is has gotten some pressure sores on her heel and back of her leg. Also we will go back into the surgery next Friday. The doctor wants to surgically remove all the dead skin. At this time, she will be put to sleep for about 30 mins so the Dr can get the skin removed. She will then be put into another splint for a week and we will return to the Dr the following week for a cast. She is finally eating better and sleeping more and more each night. When you see her, she has these awful black circles under eyes. She went to class last night a church but Shawn stayed with her. Please keep praying! She is still trying to heal. What a ride this has been,.."

Please keep us in your prayers..

Nini

Oh Nini, I am so sorry to hear about the pressure sores. I will pray for a successful surger and quick recovery.

Sandi - you posted after I started the multi-post. Great job on the outfits today. I thought your DS had a great expression for the Goofy shirt!

Yes my embroidery machine is a workhorse. I have to tell you though, most people find 4x4 very limiting. I have a MAJOR case of hoop envy but I manage to get by with what I have. Let's just say I am itching for an upgrade! I have to wait until the mortgage is paid off before doing that though.

Darn grown-up responsibilities always keeping us from our fun ;). Fingers crossed that it won't be TOO long before you get to upgrade.

I had a very productive day - finished up a bunch of stuff!
th_20120412_Shover_1371.jpg
th_20120412_Shover_1369.jpg
th_20120412_Shover_1373.jpg
th_20120412_Shover_1374.jpg

The top 2 shirts are for our trip - the bottom two outfits are for a joint birthday party tomorrow for the youngest two. I still have to do up DS's shorts to match that t-shirt, but I already have them cut out of a fun lizard print twill I picked up at Joann's last week.

I really REALLY like the goofy tee. Did you use a commercial pattern for those?? If so, do you mind sharing which one? I really like the style of the muscle tees with the contrasting fabric down the sides. Everything else is fabulous as always :)

Seems like I only manage to do drive by posts on here lately. I believe most of you now about my Grand Princess' recent surgery and very rocky road to recovery. She is only 4 and doesn't understand all that is happening.

"Update on Alyssa: Hi everyone. Another visit to the Dr today means good and bad news. The good news is her foot looks great as far as correcting the clubfoot. Also, in just a few short weeks she will be able to put pressure on her foot. This means that she will be able to walk again. The bad news is has gotten some pressure sores on her heel and back of her leg. Also we will go back into the surgery next Friday. The doctor wants to surgically remove all the dead skin. At this time, she will be put to sleep for about 30 mins so the Dr can get the skin removed. She will then be put into another splint for a week and we will return to the Dr the following week for a cast. She is finally eating better and sleeping more and more each night. When you see her, she has these awful black circles under eyes. She went to class last night a church but Shawn stayed with her. Please keep praying! She is still trying to heal. What a ride this has been,.."

Nini

Oh I am so sorry to hear that your granddaughter is having such a tough time recovering from this surgery. I will be praying for her and the rest of your family, as I know it's hard on everyone else too.

My dd went to the pioneer village yesterday and had a fantastic time! It was cute to see all the kids at school dressed up like they were from the turn of the century.

Oh I'm so glad that your DD had a good time at her field trip!

Sorry D -- I really haven't been tending to my TR lately -- someone keeps posting pics of things like being in a parade at AK over there :confused3

She had surgery for uterine prolapse (she's 81 so it's about time she had it fixed!) -- just an overnight hospital stay and she is doing really well at home. She was supposed to have 24 hour care upon coming home and when it was my shift all I did was watch tv and sudoku -- my sister and I made it about 8 hours of "care" instead of 24 hours. My mom was offering to make me dinner while I was there:laughing: So I think she's doing more than OK.
I wish I'd finish my yardwork too! truth be told I've taking a break this week -- my mom had surgery and the kids are off school. I am hoping to make something tomorrow -- not sure what to make though. I want to try to make a pattern for a knit dress based off my Olivia pattern with a different style skirt to it (I'm too cheap right now to buy the actual pattern -- it's another Farbenmix so would be $15) but I also need to do dd's Dorothy dress for her play in May and I want to make a purse for myself and some totes -- I guess it just depends on what I have the fabric for. I want to make myself two skirts too but I just gained 9 pounds :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: and really want to make sure I can lose it so I size my skirts right. So much to do....

WOW you're sewing list sounds a lot like mine: filled with way too many projects that you never quite have enough time to get around to! :lmao: I am glad that your mother is recovering so well from her surgery. Hopefully she continues to feel great.

A girl after my own heart - I only have 5... But I would love more. LOL If I was to save one, and only one from a fire - it would be Patience - but to be honest with you, she'd probably survive a fire - except for her bobbin winder tire, and I can order a new one. LOL
D~

HA HA leave it to you to know exactly which part you'd need to replace on Patience if she went through a fire! She is such a beautiful machine though, so I can see exactly why she's stolen your heart. :lovestruc

Well, my new serger arrived this afternoon but I didn't get to start playing with it until after 9 when the kiddos went to bed. I DID watch the videos/tutorials earlier, so that helped. I was feeling a little intemidated when I was watching the videos, but once I actually pulled the machine out of the box and started working with it, I felt much better. There's still a TON I know I need to learn, but I'll get there.

Tonight I fiddled with narrow rolled edges. With three girls I know I have oodles of ruffles in my future, so I know I will get VERY good use out of this function. I made some cloth napkins. Kind of a lame first project, but I needed something easy and repetitive, so this fit the bill and actually we are about to run out of napkins so this helps solve that problem too!

picture.jpg

I ended up making 11, some with curved corners, and others with boxed corners. I need to practice more on the boxed corners because they did not come out as clean as I would have liked. Doing narrow rolled edges was SOOOOO much faster than the way I've made napkins before (turn and top stitched) plus is uses less fabric. I also got to re-thread the machine several times, due to a thread breaking once and running out twice of the upper looper thread. Serging uses a TON of thread, so I guess I'll be ordering some soon. Now that I've mostly got the narrow rolled edge down, I'll try to work on some other technique tomorrow night.

Sunshine

Sorry D -- I really haven't been tending to my TR lately -- someone keeps posting pics of things like being in a parade at AK over there :confused3

Me <------ who has a dog snoozing on my lap which is preventing me from cleaning, doing my daily workout (I started yesterday but if I say it's daily it should force me to do it everyday) and sewing.

Andrea glad to hear your mom is doing okay.

Nini

Nini many prayers for the Grand Princess

Tonight I fiddled with narrow rolled edges. With three girls I know I have oodles of ruffles in my future, so I know I will get VERY good use out of this function. I made some cloth napkins. Kind of a lame first project, but I needed something easy and repetitive, so this fit the bill and actually we are about to run out of napkins so this helps solve that problem too!

picture.jpg

I ended up making 11, some with curved corners, and others with boxed corners. I need to practice more on the boxed corners because they did not come out as clean as I would have liked. Doing narrow rolled edges was SOOOOO much faster than the way I've made napkins before (turn and top stitched) plus is uses less fabric. I also got to re-thread the machine several times, due to a thread breaking once and running out twice of the upper looper thread. Serging uses a TON of thread, so I guess I'll be ordering some soon. Now that I've mostly got the narrow rolled edge down, I'll try to work on some other technique tomorrow night.

Sunshine

Love your napkins. Good luck with your serger.

we are home from a great trip. I have a bunch of things I need to start working on.

th_20120412_Shover_1371.jpg

th_20120412_Shover_1369.jpg

th_20120412_Shover_1373.jpg

th_20120412_Shover_1374.jpg

The top 2 shirts are for our trip - the bottom two outfits are for a joint birthday party tomorrow for the youngest two. I still have to do up DS's shorts to match that t-shirt, but I already have them cut out of a fun lizard print twill I picked up at Joann's last week.

These turned out great!

Nini

I am sending prayers for your sweet Grand Princess Nini... Poor baby - please keep us updated. And (((Hugs))) for you too!

HA HA leave it to you to know exactly which part you'd need to replace on Patience if she went through a fire! She is such a beautiful machine though, so I can see exactly why she's stolen your heart. :lovestruc

IKR... LOL

Well, my new serger arrived this afternoon but I didn't get to start playing with it until after 9 when the kiddos went to bed. I DID watch the videos/tutorials earlier, so that helped. I was feeling a little intemidated when I was watching the videos, but once I actually pulled the machine out of the box and started working with it, I felt much better. There's still a TON I know I need to learn, but I'll get there.

th_picture.jpg

Sunshine

YAY!! You did a great job. That was one of my first projects with my serger, as well... I did a set of napkins/placemats/table runner for my BIL and his new bride as their wedding gift. I got lots of practice... If I remember correctly - they wanted service for 12. :eek: It sounded like an easy enough project - but it was actually quite intense!

You'll get lots of great use out of your serger! :lovestruc

we are home from a great trip. I have a bunch of things I need to start working on.

WELCOME HOME!!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

D~

20120412_Shover_1371.jpg

20120412_Shover_1369.jpg

20120412_Shover_1373.jpg

20120412_Shover_1374.jpg
Love all the new projects you've finished. They all turned out great!

I can't wait to see what you end up making! I know how you feel about the Farbenmix patterns. They are very cute but so expensive!

Glad to hear that your mom is doing better. It sounds like she really sprang right back after her surgery!

Seems like I only manage to do drive by posts on here lately. I believe most of you now about my Grand Princess' recent surgery and very rocky road to recovery.
Nini
Nini I commented on this on FB but I wanted to say again how much I hope your Grand Princess starts to improve rapidly. I know that this has been a very difficult time for her and your family. Sending prayers your way!

PurpleEars - I missed your second response yesterday, sorry! The side cutter sounds really interesting!!! This might be something I could use in the meantime while waiting to purchase a serger. What do you think? I am planning on making all three of my daughters disney princess costumes and I really wanted to serge the seams so I wouldn't have to allow for french seams...do you think the side cutter would work for that? I would just like the dresses to hold up for more than one wear, I'd like them to be able to use them for play when we come home too.

PrincessMickey - All I can say is WOW! Everything you are making looks amazing!!!

smile5sunshine - That is the SAME serger I was looking at!!! I am very anxious to hear what your thoughts are!

MeShell2002 - What a beautiful dress, it will be treasured forever I'm sure of it! :)

miprender - Most of my machines are antiques or vintage. I have one main "modern" machine, a Simplicity Quilter's Classic. For the price it has been a wonderful sewing machine. I think you are right about the serger! :)

Oh yay, I can post pictures now! Here are a few things I have been making. This was my first attempt at a dress. I didn't use any pattern, I just sort of made it up as I went along, but I'm so pleased with how it turned out! This one I don't think will go to Disney, as we have so many t-shirts already and I'm still planning to make a few more things. My daughter is going to wear this tomorrow to a princess themed party, hence the crown and septer. Lol* She said she loved it when she tried it on, that was all the thanks I needed!

GEDC8351.JPG

This was my second attempt at a dress, for my oldest daughter who will be 10 soon, and my first try at a pillowcase dress. She really loves it and that makes me so happy. The only think I don't like is the purple I added, I wish I had done that differently, it looks kind of funny to me. Oh well, this was fun and super easy and I will be doing lots more of these.

GEDC8353.JPG

I then made another for my 11 month old, but made it a little too short! Hers I will be pairing with a little pair of denim shorts from Target and it will be a top rather than a dress...

GEDC8403.JPG

This last one I just finished yesterday and I'm so thrilled with it! I even made a matching hair bow and diaper cover, that was a real feat for me! Lol* This is also for my 11 month old...

GEDC8410.JPG

GEDC8408.JPG

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I really appreciate them! We do have a Ross but I just didn't have time to get there before the shower. It was kind of a last minute decision to go. It was the day after I had the spend the night party for Hannah's friends and I was afraid I would be too tired. Just another thing to add to the list of "pick up" when I see a good sale.

Okay - Where did you buy that embossing font? LOVE that!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! And I guess I should also ask, does it come in a 4x4 size?

I know i don't have a 770, but I do have a brother machine . . .other than the bobbin that came with the machine (pre-wound) I have been using pre-wound bobbins from Long Creek Mills and they are fabulous! I haven't had any problems with them at all (and although they happened to come with my machine since the woman that originally bought it went to LCM and bought a bunch of supplies and then never opened the machine, I checked the price and they seem to be very reasonable. . . they'll even send you one of each to try in your machine for $1.00 (includes shipping).
http://www.longcreekmills.com/product/bobbins.html

Or if our machines take the same kind, I can drop one in the mail to you :)
I really need to find someone with this machine that can show me (in person) how to use it OTHER than embroidery . . .
Thanks for sharing!!!! What you said makes perfect sense!!!

Thanks for the info! I might try and do the $1.00. So is this long creek mills in your area so we can all go there when we do the Charlotte Dismeet?

That actually does come in a 4x4. I found this AWESOME little shop called embprojects.com. She does a $5 a month subscription and you can download whatever, how much ever. I've used several of her things. The big towel is a 5x7 design but the hand towels were a 4x4.

I didn't have much time yesterday to come back and answer all the the kind and helpful comments everyone left...but thank you! I'm so thrilled I found this thread!

Blyssful - your sheet sets are gorgeous! I know you said you didn't like how they turned out, and I can be a perfectionist about my creations as well, but I just have to say I really love what you did even if they weren't the way you wanted them! You have given me great ideas for wedding gifts...we have a wedding coming up in May and now my gears are turning! ;)

miprender - hahahaha, I currently have 13 sewing machines...I don't know WHAT I would do if there were a fire!!! LOL* :)

13! WOW! I went to this little sewing shop in Franklin, NC a few weeks ago when I was up at my parents home in Western NC... her entire shop was lined around the ceiling with vintage machines. It was so awesome to see all those!

I'm glad I could inspire someone, so many people here have done that for me! :) The things I would do differently about the pillowcase is first use better quality but I think I should have used Sulky Solvy on the top like I did for the towels. And if I did a different color pillowcase, I'd use cut away stabilizer instead of tear away... I just don't like when the stabilizer shows through the white. Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Nini

Keeping y'all in my prayers. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Glad to hear your mom is ok Andrea and she was willing to cook for you!

Congrats on Baby Number 3! Everyone is pregnant!! So exciting. :woohoo:

I have a Question

For those of you who are experienced serger users, How much THREAD should I be ordering??? I want to have enough to do a small variety of colors, but I don't know how many CONES of each color thread to buy??? Do I need to get 4 cones of each color, or can I get by with (mostly) 2 cones of serger thread for the upper and lower loopers, and then use regular sewing thread for the needles?

*edit* Okay, I also wanted to ask if there is a specific brand of serger thread that is better. I'm looking at the Maxi Lock cones. Would this be quality thread or is there another brand that would be better?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Sunshine

I have a Question

For those of you who are experienced serger users, How much THREAD should I be ordering??? I want to have enough to do a small variety of colors, but I don't know how many CONES of each color thread to buy??? Do I need to get 4 cones of each color, or can I get by with (mostly) 2 cones of serger thread for the upper and lower loopers, and then use regular sewing thread for the needles?

*edit* Okay, I also wanted to ask if there is a specific brand of serger thread that is better. I'm looking at the Maxi Lock cones. Would this be quality thread or is there another brand that would be better?

Sunshine

I buy maxilock or toldilock when its 50% off at Joanns. I also occasionally buy online from atlanta thread company or thread art. The cheaper brands of serge thread tend to break and shed more than the brand names.

Just starting out I would get white, cream, grey, and black. If you get 4 spools of each in the really big size they will last for a year or two. I only use the other colors if I'm doing a rolled hem and trying to match something specific or if I'm using my coverstitch feature (you may not have that one....I never matched thread perfectly until I got one....u'd be surprised how far grey will take you!)

I've never tried using sewing thread in my serger because I like the big cones then you don't run out of thread unless you are doing a color change....also the sewing thread on spools may not feed evenly and you may get tension issues.

I sew for a boy and girl....so the other colors I have are royal blue, kacki, baby pink, leaf green, hot pink, brown, navy, purple, and red....this is used more for coverstitch than anything on tshirts. I actually use the grey or black on denim?sp and it blends fine.

Have fun!

Hmm I see that the 50% 15 or more is over at just peachy. I really dont need the 15 designs that I pt in my cart but of course now I ideas for all the designs I picked out :)

20120412_Shover_1371.jpg

20120412_Shover_1369.jpg

20120412_Shover_1373.jpg

20120412_Shover_1374.jpg

These are so cute! I think I love Hello Kitty more than my 8 y/o. :laughing:

WOW you're sewing list sounds a lot like mine: filled with way too many projects that you never quite have enough time to get around to! :lmao: I am glad that your mother is recovering so well from her surgery. Hopefully she continues to feel great.20projects/picture.jpg[/IMG]

Sunshine

These look great. Congrats on the new serger! :) Maybe I'd fall in love with sewing if I had a serger instead...hehehe.

ger I was looking at!!! I am very anxious to hear what your thoughts are!

Oh yay, I can post pictures now! Here are a few things I have been making. This was my first attempt at a dress. I didn't use any pattern, I just sort of made it up as I went along, but I'm so pleased with how it turned out! This one I don't think will go to Disney, as we have so many t-shirts already and I'm still planning to make a few more things. My daughter is going to wear this tomorrow to a princess themed party, hence the crown and septer. Lol* She said she loved it when she tried it on, that was all the thanks I needed!

GEDC8351.JPG

This was my second attempt at a dress, for my oldest daughter who will be 10 soon, and my first try at a pillowcase dress. She really loves it and that makes me so happy. The only think I don't like is the purple I added, I wish I had done that differently, it looks kind of funny to me. Oh well, this was fun and super easy and I will be doing lots more of these.

GEDC8353.JPG

I then made another for my 11 month old, but made it a little too short! Hers I will be pairing with a little pair of denim shorts from Target and it will be a top rather than a dress...

GEDC8403.JPG

This last one I just finished yesterday and I'm so thrilled with it! I even made a matching hair bow and diaper cover, that was a real feat for me! Lol* This is also for my 11 month old...

GEDC8410.JPG

GEDC8408.JPG

Those are all great! My first pillowcase dress with a different color band ended up all wonky. I think it looks super cute just the way it is... In fact, the band would be perfect for a cute applique or name. :)

QUESTION

When y'all make an ITH project that calls for the same color bobbin, do you just wind the color you're actually using or a different weighted thread? I tried doing this with an ITH eye spy bag but my bobbin was still a little crazy, even after adjusting the tension. And my tear away stabilizer didn't tear away so great from the vinyl. :headache:

I really REALLY like the goofy tee. Did you use a commercial pattern for those?? If so, do you mind sharing which one? I really like the style of the muscle tees with the contrasting fabric down the sides. Everything else is fabulous as always :)

I use a lot of Ottobre magazine patterns. The sleeveless tee is from the summer 2005 issue. If you have never seen Ottobre, it's a European magazine (published out of Finland), but I have to say their English edition is always spot on with translations - can't say the same of all Euro magazines. I love being able to trace off the size I need and that as my kids grow, they have grown into new patterns. They also have the BEST stuff for boys, hands down!

I'm working on this pillowcase-type dress right now:
13.jpg

It's from the Spring 08 issue and I am appliquing Alice in Wonderland designs on it.

PurpleEars For those of you who are experienced serger users, How much THREAD should I be ordering??? I want to have enough to do a small variety of colors, but I don't know how many CONES of each color thread to buy??? Do I need to get 4 cones of each color, or can I get by with (mostly) 2 cones of serger thread for the upper and lower loopers, and then use regular sewing thread for the needles?

Sunshine

All of your dresses turned out cute! As for the serger, I buy the jumbo cones of white for the loopers and the regular size for the needles. I have 4 each of the colors I use the most. When they go on sale - Maxilock is my favorite - do not use off-brand unless you enjoy rethreading a lot.

If you want to do rolled hems, a little wooly nylon for the upper loopers (you can get metallic or variegated versions) is great, but definitely thread it by tying it to a piece of regular thread or you will go nuts. I actually like to thread my machine by tying on new colors to the old ones and then stitching slowing (let your foot off the pedal as much as you can while it still goes forward for best results).

Andrea... glad to hear your mom is doing well. My mother had that done a few years ago.

OMG, I am feeling totally sheepish now. :flower3: I'm the one who wrote up the quick tutorial. I had completely forgotten about that. :rotfl: here is a link. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41263798&postcount=1350

:cool1:I almost posted that it was you that did a write up about it. I guess my memory isn't that bad:rotfl:

miprender - hahahaha, I currently have 13 sewing machines...I don't know WHAT I would do if there were a fire!!! LOL* :)

WOW that is alot of machines. I only have 3 :sad2:

A girl after my own heart - I only have 5... But I would love more. LOL If I was to save one, and only one from a fire - it would be Patience - but to be honest with you, she'd probably survive a fire - except for her bobbin winder tire, and I can order a new one. LOL
D~

:rolleyes1 I think we all know you would save Patience. :lmao:

Nini

Saw this on FB .... praying for your Grand princess.:hug:

20120412_Shover_1371.jpg

20120412_Shover_1369.jpg

20120412_Shover_1373.jpg

20120412_Shover_1374.jpg

WOW... those are just awesome shirts you made. I normally don't like sleeveless shirts on boys but those are really cute.

QUESTION
Where did you get the Goofy Candy design? I saw someone with it before.

picture.jpg

Sunshine

Congrats on the new serger... all you edges look great.

[
miprender - Most of my machines are antiques or vintage. I have one main "modern" machine, a Simplicity Quilter's Classic. For the price it has been a wonderful sewing machine. I think you are right about the serger! :)

GEDC8351.JPG

GEDC8353.JPG

You are a girl after D's heart:lmao: And everything looks great.

I have a Question

Sunshine

I use the Serger thread that comes on the cones from Joanne's. I bought a whole bunch when it was BOGO Free and that was over a year ago. They last a really long time and I serge almost everything and I just had to change one cone out after a year.

Yes Diane i saw that sweet dress!!! very pretty! and yes i am a thrift-a-holic! and it is paying off big time for a family friend...my oldest dd's dh's cousin is getting married,very small budget and nothing fancy,park pavillion w/ kitchen ,by the lake. they are asking for reception food in lieu of gifts from me and my other dd. I am doing blt dip and crackers and the platter/bowl will be a gift also! but she also knows i am a thrifter and asked if i had or could get sheets { top } to use on the picnic tables...she asked for florals in blues/pinks/yellows...i am glad to say i am able to provide at least 12 from my stash! she is going for the country/vintage look,flower girls w/ galvinized buckets kinda theme.and thsis is all perfect for an eEarth Day wedding...

QUESTION

When y'all make an ITH project that calls for the same color bobbin, do you just wind the color you're actually using or a different weighted thread? I tried doing this with an ITH eye spy bag but my bobbin was still a little crazy, even after adjusting the tension. And my tear away stabilizer didn't tear away so great from the vinyl. :headache:

When I did the ITH cell phone case I just used my embroidery bobbin thread, I didn't bother changing it and it didn't matter as it was never going to be seen.

Goofy's Candy Co. is from Sweet Pea's Place (members section)

Thanks...going to check there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter