• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

does anyone have a simple tutorial on upcycling a T-shirt. J has a couple Disney Store T's that have holes in the backs where the puppy got him.

I am trying to expand my horizons some by working with knits
I am really enjoying working with knits. My first few knits were upcycled things. I think if I were you, I'd cut apart one of the shirts and use it as a guide to making it into a new shirt. If you want to make them into a dress for C, try Little Blue Boo's website. She has some free directions and also some purchased upcycle patterns. I have been looking at buying one of the patterns that turns several t-shirts into a sleeveless dress.

I need a little help!
I am trying to make a few shirts for my nephew for his last few days of kindergarten.

First, they are having under the sea day, I was thinking Sebastian or maybe King Triton but I can't seem to find anyone with that design. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Secondly I need something to applique on his shirt for Zoo day, any ideas?

And since I'm asking, where can I find First Grade Rocks, I thought he could wear that for the last day of kindergarten.

Thanks for your help,
Mary
I think that Glitzy Stitches might also have a first grade rocks design. Try FrouFrou by Heathersue for the Sebastian design. If she doesn't have one, I know she has Nemo. King Triton is going to be harder to find, I don't think I've seen anybody with a design with him on it. Heathersue also has some cute animal designs and I think either Lynnie Pinnie or Planet Applique has some cute animals at pretty good prices.

And in other news...this is what I finished up today!

403447_3220007059151_36061551_n.jpg
That's adorable! I love the ice cream design!

I have long been intimidated by embroidery machines and machine appliques. I've had the disney brother machine for years - when I didn't like my results, I quit trying and have been using it as a regular sewing machine for years.
An expensive regular sewing machine, but it works! :thumbsup2

filmstrip.jpg

filmstrip2.jpg
That turned out great! I've seen other people who have used that design and I always love how it looks. Maybe you should give your machine another try. It might not have been how you were using the embroidery features on the machine that gave you less than great results. It might have been issues with the designs themselves.

Here's the Cars2 outfit that I mentioned in my last post. I finished up appliqueing the shirt tonight. It is my 3rd applique and I can already tell I am getting better at it each time. Still lots of little imperfections with it, but overall I'm pleased. I will say that every time I do a hand applique I have a whole new level of appreciation for D~ and the magnificent creations she sews, as her appliques are flawless!

Anywho, here's my stuff:

picture227.jpg

picture229.jpg

Sunshine
That's so cute! I love the Cars pockets and cuff on the shorts. I am very impressed with your hand applique. I have never done one because they look so hard.

Sandi those look super. I can't wait to see all the shirts completely finished.

I always loved that design! I need to remember it so I can do it for a BG.
You (and your friend) did an awesome job!

It turned out great! I tried doing a hand applique LM a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get it to look one bit good (and my other hand appliques turned out quite well). So I would say he's one of the harder things to hand applique and you did splendid. I ended up painting mine on the bodice of a dress for dd and ds got the lightning bolt on the back of his shirt.

They look superb! I cant wait to see the finished product (which knowing you may be done by now!).

I'm
Did you also change the needle? And I think some people have had little burrs in the bobbin container thingy too than needed to be sanded. Hopefully Teresa will pop back on -- her problem appeared to be bobbin tension to but I'm not exactly positive if it was doing the same thing yours is.

So are you telling me to get my last teacher's tote done tonight b/c you are showing up at my doorstep tomorrow morning with shirts in hand? :rotfl: Seriously, you know I will help you as much as I can. I should have just kept your shirts!!!!

Changed the bobbin....brandnew and wound on different machine. Didn't change the needle but will try when I get home. We are at Allisons recital rehearsal (all day). Dh called amazon and they are exchanging it. I should have the new one Thursday.. going to see what I can manage.

Yes Andrea, I may come knocking!

I'm starting to think I dreamed this fabric....
I swear I've seen it somewhere - and I typically only shop JoAnn's, Wal Mart, and Hobby Lobby.
It was green and shimmery - like a satin - but it had scales printed on it.
It is absolutely PERFECT for a mermaid tail....
I've scoured the internet and can't find it.
Has anyone else seen it, or did I dream it? I DO dream about sewing and Disney, so it's entirely possible!

All of your outfits are gorgeous and I love the mouse ears! What about using Heather's circles -- can you adapt those to an ITH project? Sorry, I've never made anything INH so I don't really know the process and if you are able to make a regular design an INT design but her applique circles go as small as 3" If I ever go back to Dis can I please case your idea for dd? That is if I can bribe her into putting her hair in piggies. Your Insa's are gorgeous -- that is my go to skirt for dd now.
oH, definitely CASE it! You will love it, and you'll be surprised what your kids will do in disney but not in "real life" My oldest DD, wore a skirt or dress everyday there. But she WILL NOT were them at home!!

Love all the pictures... my DD and your DD Samantha must be
from the same school as I had to make a "PINK" Ariel last year too:lmao:

Too Funny!!!

For just needing a circle, I bet you could do your own in the hoop. Just float an extra piece of felt under your hoop to make it all nice and clean looking. You would just have to find a Circle applique and I think my PE770 has one in the preprogram designs.

Added: You would probably want to use black bobbin thread too
:

OMG I never even thought to look in my machine....I'm sure it does a circle!!! DUH!!!

Those turned out great!

I love everything that you made. It all looks adorable! I have some of the same fabric that you did the nerd outfits with. That sort of wavy bright colored fabric. I bought on sale at Walmart last summer. I love the colors in it. I love the story about the mom who thought she could pop into one of the Disney stores and buy an outfit like that with her child's name on it!

Can't wait to see the every day dresses you make for your girls.

Yup you got it! That was the Walmart fabric, go got it last summer too when they unloaded all their fabric dirt cheap! I loved the colors!

I *think* I saw that she bought those skirts. But...easy. It's just flounces (you cut a strip of fabric in a spiral - then pull it so the inside edge is straight and that's the part you sew on) sewn on vertically.

Yes, bought the skirts at Coscto....but I love the tut posted, I had to definitely give it a try.
p.s. what do you mean by 'cut a strip in a spiral?"

Thanks for all the compliments! Hoping to be able to resell all this stuff, I've got so much from the last 4 trips. It kinda makes me sad to get rid of the things I love...but if I know we're never going to use them again, I should sell them, right????

p.s. what do you mean by 'cut a strip in a spiral?"

You don't cut a straight strip; you cut a circle that spirals in on itself. When you open it up and stretch it out, you will get the wavy strip because the outer curve is longer than the inner curve.

Ok, changed my needle. The thread shredded at the needle this time.

Well I guess it's a good thing you have a new machine coming!

I'm really peeved I gave you your shirts back now! I will e-mail you a more detailed schedule -- Alexa's appt on Tuesday and my appt on Wed screws things up -- and I have to use my machine tomorrow to figure to do piano keys (if it's feasible). We just got back form the baseball game. We only went to the second game b/c we knew the kids wouldn't last both games and they love running the bases -- so of course the game goes into extra innings (11 to be exact!). I was hoping to come home and work on my bag but I don't think that's going to happen. Ugh -- now Ben just went upstairs and said the dog gate was busted open and there's a surprise in his room! Better go clean that!

No sewing for me today or yesterday. But I hit Goodwill and picked one of these up.

31pw5YZ0PPL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Double-Figure-Dress-Large/dp/B000EWRG9C

Price: $166.40

I paid $14.99........... I think the top will fit me great but the bottom might not work. I need to learn how to use one since the patterns I have picked out for me are fitted under the bust and this form doesn't go small enough there to accommodate it.

How do it make up the 5 1/2 inch difference in measurements ?

I made DS the easy fit shorts...

th_db2e24dc.jpg

He was quite happy with them so now i will make them with the Cars fabric

Loved the directions, and I was able to sew on a curve for the first time without making a mess

I am kinda scaring myself with how much I am loving sewing why did I resist learning all these years?!?

Great job on the easy fits! I am sure you will sewing up a storm now!

Finally got my latest project done. I really need the practice so I did another set like my Rapunzel except Dora for a friends daughter. You would think because I did it before it would be easy but I totally messed up the pants TWICE !! The first pair, I don't know what I did wrong and really messed it so I went out and bought more fabric since these were beyond repair. I cut out my pattern and proceeded to put them together WRONG. I didn't realize it until i had sewn up both leg outsides, I spent most of last night tearing the seams apart and then started sewing it again only to realize that they were right side out and had to rip up the seam on one leg again. I did get it done right and then worked on the ruffles and stays but after clogging my bobbin twice I gave up for the night. One leg down and one to go. I finished them this morning and then got the kerchief done and made flowers on flip flops to match.

Ugh ! I don't know why it was so easy the first time and really wrong the second. Finished product below....

301761_3084669970404_362493159_n.jpg

401879_3084669170384_1673532524_1767593_656720731_n.jpg

Hopefully the rain stays away tomorrow and I be able to show them off on the little girl who it belongs to.

Now to put my sewing stuff away until Tuesday.

So sorry to hear about all the trouble you had with this set. It turned out great though!

It's time for some :banana::banana::banana: because I finally finished all those silly nursing covers!! Woohoo! Did you all hear the shout about 20 minutes ago? :goodvibes

It doesn't look like 60 items, but it really is!
th_IMG_3274.jpg
th_IMG_3278.jpg

Now I just need to get these suckers sold!!

Finally, I can do some sewing for my family again!
Regards,
C.

Woo hoo! I am SO happy to hear that you are finally done. Hopefully you can sell them quickly (and I am sure your buyers would appreciate having them too!)

i just wanted to share these pix form the shower...they are too funny!
the girls,Mama/Liberty & Elli
560388_10150842487161586_1278497366_n.jpg

Daddy & Blaze
560388_10150842487266586_462886779_n.jpg

These pictures are too cute! I am glad that everyone had a great time. It looks like you had been busy sewing! I like everything you made!

Hello all! I have been lurking and thoroughly enjoying this board. I have beginner to intermediate sewing skills. I have big plans this summer to make my son several pairs of Disney themed shorts for his first trip and a matching skirt for myself. I have already created two skirts. Also I am debating buying a pattern for reversible rompers on YCMT. I love jon jons. So hi to everyone!! :goodvibe

So has anyone made a tote type bag or other bag to take to Disney? I would like to attempt one but wasn't sure if there is a good digital pattern out there or a free tutorial on the web. Thanks! :goodvibes

Welcome! I would suggest the Rosetta Bag too. I don't know if I have a picture of mine, but it showed up in one of our recent Big Give family's (Justin) PTR (since I met them in person - I brought my Minnie Rosetta as an identifier for them to find me)

I had a pretty stressfull week so I did not get much sewing done but I will post the two latest gives I've made. First I made backpacks for Justins give.

th_007-2.jpg
th_008-2.jpg
th_006-2.jpg

Next up, I knew I wasn't going to have the time to do backpacks for Reed's give so I made crayon portfolios for Reed and his sister.

th_004-4.jpg
th_003-5.jpg
th_001-4.jpg

Hopefully I'll have more to post soon. I'm currently working on a skirt that has given me nothing but problems. Was hoping to have it done already but hopefully today or tomorrow. Also working on sashes for the bridesmaid dresses, I only have one more to go and have a two weeks left to get it done. I also hope to get a messenger bag done before I leave for the wedding to carry my camara.

Those backpacks look great. The crayon portfolios are cute too! Thank you for taking the time to make these special gifts for the families. I am sorry to hear that your skirt is giving you troubles. Hopefully you can finish it and make your messager bag too!

I need a little help!
I am trying to make a few shirts for my nephew for his last few days of kindergarten.

First, they are having under the sea day, I was thinking Sebastian or maybe King Triton but I can't seem to find anyone with that design. Does anyone know where I can find them?

Secondly I need something to applique on his shirt for Zoo day, any ideas?

And since I'm asking, where can I find First Grade Rocks, I thought he could wear that for the last day of kindergarten.

Thanks for your help,
Mary

Heather has both Sebastian and King Triton. For the zoo, Heather has the zoo animal set (like zerbras and lions with and without ears) and a sea animal set (with animals like penguins and sharks).

Hi ladies quick question hoping to get your help

I am in the states (from Canada) for another day and super limited Internet. I can check for replies early tomorrow and then we are heading back with a stopat Joann. I want to get the basics for fabric appliqués I am a total newbie and want to try some appliquees (non embroidery) but just need a basic supplies list other than fabric and thread of course just not the time to research myself. So any help for a basic supply list would be appreciated.
tIA
Erin

I saw that Andrea has given you the supplies list, so I hope you got her reply in time!

And in other news...this is what I finished up today!

I'm working on 4 matching shirts for my boys and DH - stitching the first Mickey right now (from Heather Sue's emotions set - really cute!).

Very cute!!

I have long been intimidated by embroidery machines and machine appliques. I've had the disney brother machine for years - when I didn't like my results, I quit trying and have been using it as a regular sewing machine for years.

My friend Tabitha has an embroidery business (Scrapberry designs on facebook) and I had her download Heather Sue's film strip design forever ago. I finally decided to ask her to help me make a shirt.
She did almost all of the work, but I'm so happy with it!

th_filmstrip.jpg
th_filmstrip2.jpg

I have that design like forever and I still haven't done anything with it. At least I can blame my 4x4 hoop - it really limits what I can do with that pattern!

It feels like forever since I have posted a picture of something I've actually sewn!

Here's the Cars2 outfit that I mentioned in my last post. I finished up appliqueing the shirt tonight. It is my 3rd applique and I can already tell I am getting better at it each time. Still lots of little imperfections with it, but overall I'm pleased. I will say that every time I do a hand applique I have a whole new level of appreciation for D~ and the magnificent creations she sews, as her appliques are flawless!

Anywho, here's my stuff:

th_picture227.jpg
th_picture229.jpg

Sunshine

Great job on the set. The applique looks great from here!

You did great! I did hand applique once...then put that idea aside and bought by Deco a couple years later. I had that thing smokin' tonight...here are all 4 shirts (including winking Mickey which was DH's pick!) on the partially constructed shirts:

th_20120603_Shover_3205.jpg

Wow! I can't wait to see the finished products!

Hi ladies! Need some help.... I am devastated and desperate. My new brother pe 770 was fineand I got to test some things out. Then it got wonky on me. I have cleaned it with sir and tweezers, rethreaded, rewound the bobbin. I am afraid it is a tension thing with the bobbin. It doesn't appear to be catching the bobbin thred and is getting tangled under the fabric into the needle hole.

I leave in 14 days and have so much to do. Can I fix it or do I need to exchange it?

Thanks in advance

Thank you Andrea for anserwing my very late email

So sorry to hear about the problems with your machine. It sounds like you will get it replaced so hopefully the replacement will arrive quickly!

I didn't get any sewing done this weekend. DH and I went hiking yesterday. We did very well for the first hike of the season. We didn't take any pictures since it was a hike we have done many times before. Certainly I am grateful that we are just an hour away from the Rockies so we have lots of opportunities to hike in the summer.

First off, thank you to everyone who complemented me on the Cars 2 set. You all sure do know how to make a girl feel good. :goodvibes

It turned out great! I tried doing a hand applique LM a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get it to look one bit good (and my other hand appliques turned out quite well). So I would say he's one of the harder things to hand applique and you did splendid. I ended up painting mine on the bodice of a dress for dd and ds got the lightning bolt on the back of his shirt.

So are you telling me to get my last teacher's tote done tonight b/c you are showing up at my doorstep tomorrow morning with shirts in hand? :rotfl: Seriously, you know I will help you as much as I can. I should have just kept your shirts!!!!

I was REALLY nervous about trying to do McQueen. But I just found the simplest image I could and I left out a TON of the extra details because I knew I would bungle them up! I will say I was sweating bullets hoping it would turn out wearable and was tickled when it did!

I hope that you are able to get your tote finished up so you can move on to working on other things you want to. I'm sure it will come out great (if only you can find the time!).

I'm starting to think I dreamed this fabric....
I swear I've seen it somewhere - and I typically only shop JoAnn's, Wal Mart, and Hobby Lobby.
It was green and shimmery - like a satin - but it had scales printed on it.
It is absolutely PERFECT for a mermaid tail....
I've scoured the internet and can't find it.
Has anyone else seen it, or did I dream it? I DO dream about sewing and Disney, so it's entirely possible!

I think I know what you are talking about. I have a feeling that it was probably something they put out around Halloween though. Maybe see if you can hunt down some fabric with really big sequence "scales" :confused3

Ok, changed my needle. The thread shredded at the needle this time.

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that your machine doesn't work! that is SOOOO frustrating. I'm glad that you will be able to get a new one, and FX that it will get there on time so you can finish up your trip sewing!

No sewing for me today or yesterday. But I hit Goodwill and picked one of these up.

31pw5YZ0PPL._SS500_.jpg

I paid $14.99........... I think the top will fit me great but the bottom might not work. I need to learn how to use one since the patterns I have picked out for me are fitted under the bust and this form doesn't go small enough there to accommodate it.

I have no idea how to make up the difference in measurements, but I hope that someone has some ideas for you so you can get some good use out of your bargain find. Have you tried googling any instruction manuals for the dress form?

I didn't get any sewing done this weekend. DH and I went hiking yesterday. We did very well for the first hike of the season. We didn't take any pictures since it was a hike we have done many times before. Certainly I am grateful that we are just an hour away from the Rockies so we have lots of opportunities to hike in the summer.

Wow that sounds like a TON of fun!

My friend Tabitha has an embroidery business (Scrapberry designs on facebook) and I had her download Heather Sue's film strip design forever ago. I finally decided to ask her to help me make a shirt.

th_filmstrip.jpg
th_filmstrip2.jpg

I LOVE this design! so cute! Glad your friend was able to help show you how to use the embroidery function on your machine. Keep at it and soon you'll be a pro!

You did great! I did hand applique once...then put that idea aside and bought by Deco a couple years later. I had that thing smokin' tonight...here are all 4 shirts (including winking Mickey which was DH's pick!) on the partially constructed shirts:

th_20120603_Shover_3205.jpg

Man your boys (and DH) are going to look great in this set!

Sunshine

I have no idea how to make up the difference in measurements, but I hope that someone has some ideas for you so you can get some good use out of your bargain find. Have you tried googling any instruction manuals for the dress form?
Sunshine

I did Google but no luck. I e-mailed the manufacturer to see of I could get a copy of the directions.

Amy are you using polyestor or Rayon for your embroidery thread?

My machine hates polyestor for the upper thread. Also what color did it shred with?

If it was a darker color that is quite common due to the dyes.

I had this huge reply all typed out all about the great things posted this week and before I could hit post the computer started giving me issues and poof, it was all gone. I know I'll miss a few things but the quilt is amazing, I want to start quilting one these days. Love the new embroidery machine, I am so jealous, some day. Love everything that was made for the baby shower, espesially love the onsie"kini" so cleaver!. As far as the making bags for Disney I have not made one yet for Disney yet but have made several bags. I have not made the rosetta but that is on my list. I have made the Aivilo tote. I do have plans in the next week or two to make a messenger bag that I want to add a little Disney too, I'll post when I'm done.

I had a pretty stressfull week so I did not get much sewing done but I will post the two latest gives I've made. First I made backpacks for Justins give.

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

Next up, I knew I wasn't going to have the time to do backpacks for Reed's give so I made crayon portfolios for Reed and his sister.

004-4.jpg

003-5.jpg

001-4.jpg

Hopefully I'll have more to post soon. I'm currently working on a skirt that has given me nothing but problems. Was hoping to have it done already but hopefully today or tomorrow. Also working on sashes for the bridesmaid dresses, I only have one more to go and have a two weeks left to get it done. I also hope to get a messenger bag done before I leave for the wedding to carry my camara.

May I ask what backpack pattern you used?? Those look wonderful!

The backpacks are awesome -- I love the one done in corduroy. And the crayon roll portfolios are great - I already saw the accomplished art work on the ptr! Glad you are doing so well on the sashes. Hope the stress settles down and you have time to make some fun items.

Thank you!

th_20120602_Shover_3204.jpg

I switched up the color scheme to match the fabric. I just wanted to be careful that he doesn't look like that scary clown at the Boardwalk pool.

I have 4 shirts in progress assembly line style and I am appliqueing on them once I get the shoulder seams and collar done (makes it easier for placement, but still pretty easy to get on the machine.
They look great, I love the fabric!

th_filmstrip.jpg

th_filmstrip2.jpg

Looks great!

I always love your backpacks. they come out so nice! The portfolio sets were cute too and I know the family really appreciated them.

Sunshine

Thank you!

It feels like forever since I have posted a picture of something I've actually sewn!

Anywho, here's my stuff:

th_picture227.jpg

th_picture229.jpg

Sunshine

Looks great, much better than any hand appliques I've done!!

Love them, can't wait to see the finished shirts!

31pw5YZ0PPL._SS500_.jpg

What a great find!. My goodwill had one a few weeks back but they had it priced at $50 which was way too much for me. No ideas on the sizing, hope you can come up with something.

Those backpacks look great. The crayon portfolios are cute too! Thank you for taking the time to make these special gifts for the families. I am sorry to hear that your skirt is giving you troubles. Hopefully you can finish it and make your messager bag too!

Thank you! I like to go hiking too in the Rockies, just a tad south of you though in the Colorado Rockies. I would love to go see the Canadian Rockies and go hiking there someday. A few years back my dad and I hiked the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island. Very pretty and fun, I would love to go back there too!

May I ask what backpack pattern you used?? Those look wonderful!

Thank you! McCalls 6410 View D
http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6410-products-14673.php?page_id=104

Wow! It took me forever to get caught up!

These are absolutely adorable!! I love all of them!!

I made DS the easy fit shorts...

db2e24dc.jpg

Great job! My son would love these!

Teamtori (and anyone else who may be interested)

The dolls were created after parents asked toy companies to make them. Portion of the proceeds go to City of Hope.

I've been following this...I will definitely get one for Tori! Thanks for thinking of us!

What a cute outfit!!

It's time for some :banana::banana::banana: because I finally finished all those silly nursing covers!! Woohoo! Did you all hear the shout about 20 minutes ago? :goodvibes

It doesn't look like 60 items, but it really is!
IMG_3274.jpg

IMG_3278.jpg

Great job! Did you use a pattern for these?

!
Itsey Bistey teeny Weenie Ones'kini! made from a thrifted sheet! I even used the hemmed edge of the sheet for the kini top straps
532794_10150843058546586_277454564_n.jpg

Back of the one'kini!
550733_10150843099306586_1803491457_n.jpg

I love everything you made, but especially the onesie bikini!!! Did you use a pattern for this??

I saw that Andrea already mention the whole Seuss thing at IOA, what about Harry potter for another Universal day? Also now that Tori has lost her other front tooth, Maybe for the Christmas party a Christmas shirt that says all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth and then a matching skirt?

Great idea on the tooth shirt!! I think I will try this for sure!

These all look great!!

I'm working on 4 matching shirts for my boys and DH - stitching the first Mickey right now (from Heather Sue's emotions set - really cute!).

Love this!!!

I am so impressed with the hand applique. I am shocked when I get one to turn out with the embroidery machine, so the fact that you did such a good job on this is so impressive to me! Good job!

Ok, going to send this before I lose it and then post my pics!

Hi all! Finally read through everything I missed while I was gone!!

Thursday after chemo Tori got very sick again and had to go back to the ER. She had a 104 temperature and her blood pressure got very low. It was really scary. Then I had to miss work on Friday again. At this point it is not even worth me working most of the time between what I am paying for Tori's care during the day. It is frustrating.

Anyway, by Friday afternoon she was much better and we got to go to the Ride for Wishes, so I wanted to show you how the final outfit turned out!

First, here are 3 of my 4 kiddos:

Picture+008.jpg

Here's Tori in her outfit and the boys in their Big Bro shirts:

Picture+026.jpg

Good view of the whole outfit...I'm thankful you guys thought up the idea of the head scarf! It really pulled the outfit together!

Picture+050.jpg

America's Next Top Model:

Picture+052.jpg

I got a lot of compliments on the outfits which was neat!!

Chiara-it was a minty green rayon. It was fine, then it got weird. New machine should be here tomorrow.

QUESTION

can you embroider on ribbed type shirts. More specifically, those type tanks?

thank you Sandi and ANdrea!!!!! :love:

I got the post before we left, and got the right materials for the appliquees, now to just figure out some time to start sewing.
Erin

Chiara-it was a minty green rayon. It was fine, then it got weird. New machine should be here tomorrow.

QUESTION

Yes, you can definitely embroider on ribbed shirts. Just be careful not to stretch the ribbing when you are hooping the shirt. Otherwise it will pucker.

Hi all! Finally read through everything I missed while I was gone!!

Thursday after chemo Tori got very sick again and had to go back to the ER. She had a 104 temperature and her blood pressure got very low. It was really scary. Then I had to miss work on Friday again. At this point it is not even worth me working most of the time between what I am paying for Tori's care during the day. It is frustrating.

Anyway, by Friday afternoon she was much better and we got to go to the Ride for Wishes, so I wanted to show you how the final outfit turned out!

First, here are 3 of my 4 kiddos:

Picture+008.jpg

Here's Tori in her outfit and the boys in their Big Bro shirts:

Picture+026.jpg

Good view of the whole outfit...I'm thankful you guys thought up the idea of the head scarf! It really pulled the outfit together!

Picture+050.jpg

America's Next Top Model:

Picture+052.jpg

I got a lot of compliments on the outfits which was neat!!
I saw on your blog that Tori was back at the ER :sad1: and then you hadn't posted for a couple of days so I was a little worried -- glad to see you back :)

The pics from the Ride for Wishes are super (though I'd like BIGGER pictures!). Tori looks soooo tiny next to her brothers. I thought I had a skinny girl but Tori's as petite as they come. She look great in the bandana :)

QUESTION

YES! I just did one and it turned out great! I will have to get the pics off my camera and get it posted. BRB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter