Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

I have to show you these cute tshirts, although I am super embroidery challenged in doing them. Of course, not doing placement to directions could be a problem :goodvibes You print out the picture for placement, but I don't have printer right now, so I tried to improvise. :rolleyes1

Cinderella gave me fits, I broke 6 needles and can't begin to count how many times the thread broke. I finally remembered that on my last project I wanted to try a prewound bobbin. I finished the shirt anyway as a tester.

002.jpg

Snow was the second one. I should have given up while I was ahead. The neck line is crooked and I had the interfacine off a couple of times trying to get it straight. Anyway, it is way off center and the neck makes it look even worse.

003.jpg

I thought I finally got the placement right. I measured, and re-measured. But it's still off. I think I'm finally getting there!! :lmao:

001.jpg

I'm going to give Tink a try next. Try to do a better job of centering it. I was making them for a gift, and I don't really want to do them again. The other "stitchers" were putting little bows at the top of the necklace. I think I might try that to try and camoflague how off center they are.

Kirsta thinks they are creepy! Little heads on a necklace. :rotfl: I've done other designs from Nobbie Neez, but I found these were pretty dense in places and stitched out just okay. But they are cute and you get the idea of who they are.

I just wanted to post that My Boyfriend works at a Walmart that just got back their fabric section and he came home with pics of Disney fabrics that were in the store to show me what they had, and I said yes I need them all HAHAHAHA. I love that Man :love:

I have to show you these cute tshirts, although I am super embroidery challenged in doing them. Of course, not doing placement to directions could be a problem :goodvibes You print out the picture for placement, but I don't have printer right now, so I tried to improvise. :rolleyes1

Cinderella gave me fits, I broke 6 needles and can't begin to count how many times the thread broke. I finally remembered that on my last project I wanted to try a prewound bobbin. I finished the shirt anyway as a tester.

002.jpg

Snow was the second one. I should have given up while I was ahead. The neck line is crooked and I had the interfacine off a couple of times trying to get it straight. Anyway, it is way off center and the neck makes it look even worse.

003.jpg

I thought I finally got the placement right. I measured, and re-measured. But it's still off. I think I'm finally getting there!! :lmao:

001.jpg

I'm going to give Tink a try next. Try to do a better job of centering it. I was making them for a gift, and I don't really want to do them again. The other "stitchers" were putting little bows at the top of the necklace. I think I might try that to try and camoflague how off center they are.

Kirsta thinks they are creepy! Little heads on a necklace. :rotfl: I've done other designs from Nobbie Neez, but I found these were pretty dense in places and stitched out just okay. But they are cute and you get the idea of who they are.

I saw those designs from NN and thought they were darling but I knew I'd NEVER in this lifetime get the placement right on the shirts!

I saw those designs from NN and thought they were darling but I knew I'd NEVER in this lifetime get the placement right on the shirts!

actually, if you do it like the directions, it could work. You print a picture, then put it on the t for placement. And center your needle from that. My problem is I don't have a printer right now. So I'm just trying to guess.

actually, if you do it like the directions, it could work. You print a picture, then put it on the t for placement. And center your needle from that. My problem is I don't have a printer right now. So I'm just trying to guess.

well that doesn't sound so bad then. I didn't know that's how it worked.

Hi all! Finally read through everything I missed while I was gone!!

Thursday after chemo Tori got very sick again and had to go back to the ER. She had a 104 temperature and her blood pressure got very low. It was really scary. Then I had to miss work on Friday again. At this point it is not even worth me working most of the time between what I am paying for Tori's care during the day. It is frustrating.

Anyway, by Friday afternoon she was much better and we got to go to the Ride for Wishes, so I wanted to show you how the final outfit turned out!

First, here are 3 of my 4 kiddos:

th_Picture+008.jpg

Here's Tori in her outfit and the boys in their Big Bro shirts:

th_Picture+026.jpg

Good view of the whole outfit...I'm thankful you guys thought up the idea of the head scarf! It really pulled the outfit together!

th_Picture+050.jpg

America's Next Top Model:

th_Picture+052.jpg

I got a lot of compliments on the outfits which was neat!!

I'm so sorry to hear that Tori had a rough time after her last chemo round. It sucks so much that such awesome little people have to endure things like this. However, I am glad that she is feeling better. All the pictures are ADORABLE! Love the Team Tori shirts.

This is the Unicorn t my dd requested in Rainbow (done on a $2 ON tank):
th_UnicornTankRainbow.jpg

Close up:
th_UnicornRainbow.jpg

And this is the outfit I made her to wear to the baseball game -- the skirt turned out longer than I wanted, but it will last year a couple of years this way! And yes, she picked out her coordinating footwear all on her own despite me wanting it make her rag flip flops to match.
Baseball1.jpg

DS, sister's boyfriend's grandson and DD at the game:
th_Baseball2.jpg

Still need to take pics of the teacher's totes. I'm in the middle of appliqueing the piano teacher's now (had to go with plan B b/c plan A did not work out) and I'm getting more annoyed with dd's teacher every day that I'm contemplating keeping her tote!

Oh the unicorn came out GREAT! Looks just like something you'd pick up at a store. The baseball set is cute too.

I've already shown this on Facebook, but know everyone doesn't do FB, so I thought I'd post it again here. I especially want to thank Andrea for sharing her twirl skirt math, this is what I did with it! The first pic is just so I could try out the waist elastic, the skirt isn't done yet, but she looked so cute, I took a pic...she had to run and get her matching shirt for the full effect! :rotfl:
th_870b85c3.jpg

And the completed skirt, without the kid in the middle. :laughing:
th_6e8acb7c.jpg

WOW. GORGEOUS!

The big launch for Main Street Boutiques is tomorrow night so there is a lot going on over on FB right now. If you get a chance to pop on there and look at everything tomorrow evening, you'll be amazed. Everything is just spectacular! I've had so much fun just looking at everybody's fabulous creations!

I am so excited for this! I can't wait to get to see all the awesome things that were created for the launch. Of course I won't be able to buy anything, but drooling is free, right?

QUESTION

I went to sew my easy fits tonightt. Everything was going well, and all of a sudden my machine started to sew funny. The bobbin seemed to get stuck, the thread got tangled and it was a mess. The stitches weren't catching. I cleaned the bobbin case, oiled it, rethreaded and changed my needle. What am I doing wrong?

What else can I do? Any ideas what the problem could be? I finally turned it off and posted on here

Oh no! I'm so sorry that you are having such machine woes. Have you tried using a totally different bobbin? Maybe that one was just wound wonky. If that doesn't fix it, then I think Andrea is right and there is probably a stray thread somewhere causing trouble. UGH, I hope you are able to get it fixed!

I got the gear in to fix my moms old singer...got it all cleaned, replaced the gear...retimed it and then all excited to sew...and something is messed up with the tension...the underside of the fabric is a mess of excess thread. I've tried adjusting the tension but it's not getting better...any ideas?

I think I remember my mother swearing at that machine often...perhaps that's why I was so late to try sewing :lmao:

Bummer that it's still not working quite right. Hopefully D~ (the resident vintage sewing machine expert) will have some ideas for you because I haven't a clue and I would HATE you not to be able to get it up and working!

For the tote I wanted to make the pocket piano keys all around. I saw an on line tut, but they were hand sewn and I was hoping I could finagle the rectangle on my embroidery machine but it wouldn't reduce to the right dimensions. There was no way I was going to do 40 rectangles by hand. So plan B was I found an on line applique for a set of piano keys -- I did two sets on one pocket and then on the other side I put some of Heather's music notes. It will still be cute, but not exactly what I was hoping for. All I did yesterday was cut fabric and applique the pockets. And today I have to take dd to the hospital to have her sutures removed which sounds very simple but travel time and wait time will make this an all afternoon event. I will pick her up from school at 1130 for a 1315 appt and hope to get done and back to school by 1530 to pick up ds -- I have to go over a draw bridge and through a tunnel to get to the hospital and then sometimes it takes 20-30 minutes to find a parking spot in the garage (I am NOT exaggerating). Traffic going home will be a royal mess if we don't get out of there before 2:30pm b/c there is a ship yard near there that has the same shifts as the hospital.

And something came in the mail yesterday!!!!! I had dd try it on right before bed -- it's only a hair loose so I am concerned if she doesn't wear it this year there is a chance she may not fit in it next year. She can't decide b/c she really loves the dress from Alli too. Maybe I'll post pics of her in both and get votes! If she wears yours I may have to put two tiny darts under the arms, but I think I could get by without doing so too. So thank you :worship: it really is a gorgeous dress!

DD's teacher is NOT an awful teacher -- it's more so her personality getting on my nerves. She is very young and an overly excessive braggart! Her constant boasting is what is killing me -- she even started off her monthly news letter gloating :sad2: And my dd is a bit of a show-off at times as well and I fear seeing her teacher like this will only make dd worse. Thankfully only two more weeks of school and next year we transfer back to the other campus so dd goes back to having a teacher she's had twice before that we LOVE! REally crappy thing is dd started the year with an awesome teacher, but after about one to two months she became pg and was put on bedrest so we lost her.

You already did everything I would have told you to do for the machine. Triple check that there isn't a thread in the bobbin area.

And you have jinxed me with your bobbin issues -- remember I told you I was having some issues stitching something out and thought I had a bobbin wound wonky? Well, it was doing it again on and off yesterday and now my machine periodically squeaks! I have a feeling it will be going in for service soon!

WOW, the piano tote sounds like it's going to be really cute, even if it's not exactly the way you had imagined in your head.

Hope the stuture removal goes well. My SIL lives in the Hampton area and traffic IS a complete nightmare there. I cannot imagine having to deal with all of that on a regular basis as it's a giant pain when we are only visiting and don't actually have to be anywhere at a set time!

Glad that your DD is going back to the other teacher that you like better.

And I cannot believe that now YOUR machine is giving you issues too! FX that it's an easy fix and that Amy doesn't reinfect your machine with whatever is ailing hers! HA!

th_002.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_001.jpg

Wow that looks like a very involved design! Sorry you had such issues getting the placement right on them. I think adding the bows (or something else to the top where the design should meet the neckline of the shirt) would be a good idea.

Okay, now I have a QUESTION

I made the fab five themed skirts and I need to work on the shirts to go with them. WHAT COLOR SHIRTS should I get for the two skirts pictured below if I want to use the applique design shown?

picture216.jpg
picture220.jpg

il_170x135.195180110.jpg

Since the Mickey head needs to have a white background it won't work on a white shirt (or will it?). I thought about maybe yellow, or possibly a pink one for the Daisy one. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sunshine

I need some help. I just finished the easy fit shorts for my son in a size 2 (He is 14 months old). Anyways I am having a snafu with the hem. When I go to hem them the 2.5" they are extremely close to the crotch/leg seam (where the crotch and leg are connected) and when you got to hem them they pucker in that area because they are so close. Plus I would like him to have additional room in that area for his diaper. Is my best option to reduce the hem some by like 1/2"-1" so that it isn't so close? :confused3 I hope I didn't do something wrong. It all came together easy enough but then that stupid hem is driving me nuts. Also after measuring your child's waist how many inches do you reduce your elastic cut? I did my son's waist measurement minus 4" and they fit fine. It's just so hard because I would like them to fit in September when we go and it's hard to know how much he will grow. Thanks!!!

I generally use 12 blocks per row -- I did the same thing with the Tink one -- 3 solids and 3 prints and each were repeated in each row. I think I've also made them with ten blocks in each row but then I increase the width of the block so the skirt stays full. I can't even tell that your ruffle isn't as full -- I actually may do what you did with your ruffle for my next patchwork to save on gathering time!

I always loved this -- one of my favorite takes on Ariel :) Didn't someone (maybe you or Heather???) also make an Ariel style skirt out of a spiral pattern with a wispy fabric :confused3 or am I imagining things?

For the skirt, do you do each strip (lengthwise) and then sew the strips together? Or do you sew them by tier? Just wondering which way is easiest!

Thanks about Lydia's Ariel! I was happy to get a chance to post the picture. :rotfl:

th_002.jpg

I think they all turned out really cute!

But, I kind of agree with Kirsta! There was something about those heads....

I made the fab five themed skirts and I need to work on the shirts to go with them. WHAT COLOR SHIRTS should I get for the two skirts pictured below if I want to use the applique design shown?

picture216.jpg
th_picture220.jpg

il_170x135.195180110.jpg

Since the Mickey head needs to have a white background it won't work on a white shirt (or will it?). I thought about maybe yellow, or possibly a pink one for the Daisy one. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sunshine

I know many people don't like appliques on felt, but I do. So, I would suggest appliqueing on felt (maybe on blue?) and then sewing it onto a white shirt for the Donald. I think a pink shirt for Daisy would be cute though.

I need some help. I just finished the easy fit shorts for my son in a size 2 (He is 14 months old). Anyways I am having a snafu with the hem. When I go to hem them the 2.5" they are extremely close to the crotch/leg seam (where the crotch and leg are connected) and when you got to hem them they pucker in that area because they are so close. Plus I would like him to have additional room in that area for his diaper. Is my best option to reduce the hem some by like 1/2"-1" so that it isn't so close? :confused3 I hope I didn't do something wrong. It all came together easy enough but then that stupid hem is driving me nuts. Also after measuring your child's waist how many inches do you reduce your elastic cut? I did my son's waist measurement minus 4" and they fit fine. It's just so hard because I would like them to fit in September when we go and it's hard to know how much he will grow. Thanks!!!

First, are you sure you sewed the right sides together for the crotch? If you show us a picture we could probably tell. I'm not explaining it well, but it's a mistake that many of us have done!

If they are sewn correctly, I'd just reduce the hem size.

For the elastic, I always cut it the size of the waist. My girls hate tight elastic. I've never had a problem with anything falling off of them, but then again they have cute little behinds to hold stuff up too! :rotfl:

th_002.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_001.jpg

For centering, since you don't have a printer, most machines have a way to baste down the rectangular outline of the design, usually for if you need an overlayment or interfacing. Check your user manual on your machine. I know on Vikings, it's a special button you push, but I don't remember on the other machines. I'm sorry I'm not more help, but since my injury, I haven't been able to sew or embroider, and it's amazing how quickly you forget.

First, are you sure you sewed the right sides together for the crotch? If you show us a picture we could probably tell. I'm not explaining it well, but it's a mistake that many of us have done!

If they are sewn correctly, I'd just reduce the hem size.

For the elastic, I always cut it the size of the waist. My girls hate tight elastic. I've never had a problem with anything falling off of them, but then again they have cute little behinds to hold stuff up too! :rotfl:

I only have beginner to intermediate sewing skills so bear with me. LOL! I can try to post a pic later but right now I am having my car serviced. :headache: When you say "the right sides together"? Do you mean front and back pieces? See this pattern is different than other ones I have messed with because the front and back pieces are just mirror images. In other shorts patterns, the back is slightly different to allow room for the bum but this one wasn't like that. :confused3

picture216.jpg
picture220.jpg

il_170x135.195180110.jpg

Thanks!
Sunshine

I am with Teresa on this one. I would do it on felt to make it pop on a white shirt. My reason is the other colors I would use Blue or Yellow would have to match exactly IMO.

I will say I never do the 2.5 inches for a hem to me that is to much So I generally reduce it. Also as Teresa says there is a common mistake a lot of us have made where we have mixed up the top and bottom. If you post a picture we should be able to help.

I know many people don't like appliques on felt, but I do. So, I would suggest appliqueing on felt (maybe on blue?) and then sewing it onto a white shirt for the Donald. I think a pink shirt for Daisy would be cute though.

I am with Teresa on this one. I would do it on felt to make it pop on a white shirt. My reason is the other colors I would use Blue or Yellow would have to match exactly IMO.

See, this is EXACTLY why I hang out here! you all are GENIUSES!!! :worship: Why didn't I think of doing that??? :confused3 I don't have an embroidery machine (I just posted that image because it's what I'm going for), so I don't know if I'll be able to get it onto felt or not (can you iron felt?) but I'm SURE I could stick another contrasting cotton fabric under the Mickey head.

Thanks so much!
Sunshine

I only have beginner to intermediate sewing skills so bear with me. LOL! I can try to post a pic later but right now I am having my car serviced. :headache: When you say "the right sides together"? Do you mean front and back pieces? See this pattern is different than other ones I have messed with because the front and back pieces are just mirror images. In other shorts patterns, the back is slightly different to allow room for the bum but this one wasn't like that. :confused3

Chiara explained it a lot better than me! If you mix up the top from the bottom (so much easier than you'd think!) things won't come out right in the end. :lmao:

See, this is EXACTLY why I hang out here! you all are GENIUSES!!! :worship: Why didn't I think of doing that??? :confused3 I don't have an embroidery machine (I just posted that image because it's what I'm going for), so I don't know if I'll be able to get it onto felt or not (can you iron felt?) but I'm SURE I could stick another contrasting cotton fabric under the Mickey head.

Thanks so much!
Sunshine

Glad we could help!! You can iron felt, I do it all the time.

Ok ladies this is my first time posting pics. Hopefully these show up.

IMG_8158.jpg

My son modeling

IMG_8167.jpg

Here they are compared to the pattern. I think I got top and bottom right but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I didn't. I am pretty sure I double-checked before sewing because she has that little box that says don;t mix them up but who knows?

IMG_8168.jpg

See how close that giant hem comes to the crotch.

IMG_8171.jpg

The bunching around the crotch seam

I saw on your blog that Tori was back at the ER :sad1: and then you hadn't posted for a couple of days so I was a little worried -- glad to see you back :)

The pics from the Ride for Wishes are super (though I'd like BIGGER pictures!). Tori looks soooo tiny next to her brothers. I thought I had a skinny girl but Tori's as petite as they come. She look great in the bandana :)

I thought the pics were pretty big! But I'll post from photobucket from now on!!

Tori is VERY tiny. The swimsuit she wore this weekend was 18 months and she is SEVEN! Her height is due to her NF..small stature is a side effect. Her weight is from the chemo! She used to have a big fat tummy but that is gone now.

This is the Unicorn t my dd requested in Rainbow (done on a $2 ON tank):
UnicornTankRainbow.jpg

Close up:
UnicornRainbow.jpg

Baseball1.jpg

I love these both! My husband plays baseball, so I always love baseball things, especially on little girls!

I've already shown this on Facebook, but know everyone doesn't do FB, so I thought I'd post it again here. I especially want to thank Andrea for sharing her twirl skirt math, this is what I did with it! The first pic is just so I could try out the waist elastic, the skirt isn't done yet, but she looked so cute, I took a pic...she had to run and get her matching shirt for the full effect! :rotfl:
870b85c3.jpg

And the completed skirt, without the kid in the middle. :laughing:
6e8acb7c.jpg

This is GORGEOUS!!!

Thanks! It wasn't pattern, it was all done by measurements that Andrea shared with us a while back, and I think I used more blocks than she did because I wanted all the solid colors, plus the dot fabric to fill it out. And I rounded up to make it easy to cut to size...she had suggested increasing each row by 1.5 or 1.75, I started at 1.75 and went up a smidge from there. The waistband row is 30 x 5", with 1.25 turned over for the elastic, that's a size I know fits my DD well. Each tier has 12 blocks, all 5" wide, with increasing length to add the twirl factor. The top row is 5 x5, row 2 is 5 x 9", row 3 is 5 x 16". The ruffle is 5 x 22", pressed in half. I would have preferred to make the ruffles a bit fuller, but I ran out of fabric. But I don't think you can really tell. :lmao:

Ok, I am horrible (HORRIBLE!) with math. Do you mean all the blocks longways are 5 inches, but then they vary in the length? So they turn into rectangles?

These are cute! They look like a lot of hard work so way to go!!!

Here they are compared to the pattern. I think I got top and bottom right but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I didn't. I am pretty sure I double-checked before sewing because she has that little box that says don;t mix them up but who knows?

Your son is very cute! It looks like you put the shorts together correctly. Like someone else said, I never do a 3" hem on the easy fits. It's too big. You could easily trim off an inch or or so of fabric from the legs and make the hem narrower so that it lays better.

Good news and Great news!!!:cool1::cool1:

First, I changed the needle and thread on my machine... it worked fine. It must have been the bobbin I was using! almost done 2 pairs of shorts already.

Second~ AND BETTER... Embroidery machine is here!!:thumbsup2 So far so good!

I did end up in the ER with Alli today, but she is feeling much better. So much for going back to school full time (she went back yesterday for the first time in 10 weeks).

On to sewing!!

th_IMG_8158.jpg

My son modeling
th_IMG_8167.jpg

th_IMG_8168.jpg

th_IMG_8171.jpg

I think you got the top and bottom right but it almost looks like you sewed the wrong legs together like I did recently. The crotch look horrible an I realized the I sewed both back and both front together instead of one of each. It really changed how the crotch looked.

When they are on him, in that picture anyways, they don't look bad.

It sure sounds like your afternoon will be busy. I hope that the suture removal goes ok. I remember when Meredith had to have her sutures removed. It was awful! I didn't realize that it would hurt her so much. But her surgery was on her hand and the surgeon said it hurt to remove the sutures because there are so many nerve endings in the hand. I was mad that they didn't numb her hand for it.

I can't wait to see pictures of the piano tote. It sounds like it is going to be super cute!

I am glad that you got the dress and I hope you are able to use it. If not for the piano recital, then for something else. I love the colors in the dress. It wasn't the usual pink or purple that you always see. I had two of them but I sold one at my spring yard sale.
I didn't know removing sutures from a hand was more painful. Numbing it probably would have hurt worse though -- you get a terrible sting with the injection of the anesthesia. Alexa just said a few "ow's" when the corpsman pulled on the sutures -- one was a bit embedded. Nothing too bad though and we had great traffic so we even had time to look at shoes after the hospital, but picky Alexa didn't like any! She wants heels and all I can find are jute wedges which does not work!

Agree -- love the color of the dress! And Alexa has olive skin like your girls which looks really good with the dress.

Came back to add -- we just showed Alexa's piano teacher the dresses and she said either would be great and Alexa should pick -- she picked Alli's dress which is fine b/c that one won't fit her next year but your dress should still fit her next year -- it has a good two inches of chest room. So this year you'll see pics with Alli's dress and next year it will be Meredith's.

th_002.jpg

th_003.jpg

th_001.jpg

Cute! I have not seen those before.

Hope the stuture removal goes well. My SIL lives in the Hampton area and traffic IS a complete nightmare there. I cannot imagine having to deal with all of that on a regular basis as it's a giant pain when we are only visiting and don't actually have to be anywhere at a set time!

Glad that your DD is going back to the other teacher that you like better.

And I cannot believe that now YOUR machine is giving you issues too! FX that it's an easy fix and that Amy doesn't reinfect your machine with whatever is ailing hers! HA!

Wow that looks like a very involved design! Sorry you had such issues getting the placement right on them. I think adding the bows (or something else to the top where the design should meet the neckline of the shirt) would be a good idea.

th_picture216.jpg
th_picture220.jpg

il_170x135.195180110.jpg

Thanks!
Sunshine
Suture removal went well -- there were no bridge openings and the tunnel was not clogged :) Parking wasn't even bad -- we were able to park on the third floor :dance3:

I removed the bobbin thing on my embroidery machine -- it was so easy to do -- no tools required. I found lots of lint and stray threads in the colors of red, yellow, black and white. No other colors -- I think Mickey was in my machine! I had no bobbin issues today but it still squeaks periodically and I have no idea what to oil (if anything).

I like yellow and pink for the shirts. I do like the idea of felt for a border but I've only tried it once and I found it to make the shirt stiff. I prefer the applique right on the shirt but a lot of people really like felt -- just a matter of personal preference. I can tell you it's way easier to applique on a flat piece of felt and then sew it on an item.

I don't think you switched the waist from the legs. But I never do a 2.5 inch hem. No clue on the bunching in the crotch -- did you clip the seam and use a small seam allowance?

For the skirt, do you do each strip (lengthwise) and then sew the strips together? Or do you sew them by tier? Just wondering which way is easiest!
I sew all the tiers then attach the tiers together starting with gathering the ruffle first -- I go from largest to smallest to make my last row of gathering the easiest. Make sense or clear as mud?

I thought the pics were pretty big! But I'll post from photobucket from now on!!

Tori is VERY tiny. The swimsuit she wore this weekend was 18 months and she is SEVEN! Her height is due to her NF..small stature is a side effect. Her weight is from the chemo! She used to have a big fat tummy but that is gone now.

Ok, I am horrible (HORRIBLE!) with math. Do you mean all the blocks longways are 5 inches, but then they vary in the length? So they turn into rectangles?
I figured the chemo had a part in the thinness -- my dd is pretty thin too though. tori has always looked petite, but seeing her next to her brothers really shows it!

The rows are are 5 inches in height -- the width on the squares is what increases between each row so they can be gathered.

Good news and Great news!!!:cool1::cool1:

First, I changed the needle and thread on my machine... it worked fine. It must have been the bobbin I was using! almost done 2 pairs of shorts already.

Second~ AND BETTER... Embroidery machine is here!!:thumbsup2 So far so good!

I did end up in the ER with Alli today, but she is feeling much better. So much for going back to school full time (she went back yesterday for the first time in 10 weeks).

On to sewing!!
I just saw your e-mail as I was replying -- glad Alli is doing better now but what a scare! I noticed on Saturday how she was unsteady when walking -- I think you even said something to her about it once and she denied it. Feed that girl more ramen :rotfl:

Yay and Yay!!!! I cleaned out my bobbin on my embroidery machine and I think it's OK now -- but the machine still squeaks periodically :confused3 I will not take it in for a cleaning until after your trip. I'll still help you with more shirts or whatever. E-mail me with a list of everything you want done and we can divvy it up (but you get all Christopher's tiny shirts:rotfl2: -- it will be good practice for you!). Dh wants all of us to go fishing on Sunday, but otherwise I'll be around.

Must go work on my tote -- progress is slow because I wasn't happy with it and did more embroidery on it today (which means I spent more $$ on designs!). Thankfully I already had Heather's music notes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter