Disboutiquers Part 27 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Ellen, your appliques are AMAZING!!

Here is my T-shirt dress for Fin - my sometimes princess sometimes tomboy ;)
th_photo3.jpg

The back:

th_photo4.jpg

And Marin's:

th_photo1.jpg

the back:

th_photo2.jpg

the Tiana skirts & rosette bows:

th_photo1-1.jpg

(think I put Marin's T w/ Fin's skirt, though! Oops!!)

And one for my niece Madison, too!

th_photo2-1.jpg

I LOVE how you all "gift" to kids! Gonna find out how to help out with that ;)

Very cute, I have never seen t-shirt dresses like that before!

Love the skirts too!

Thanks to everyone. Here she is in the dress.

The Alice dress pattern is Emily from Mamu. I thought it was great since that is DD's name :goodvibes.

I really like it...but you know how those euro pattern directions are. I was sooooo confused. I didn't realize they had you line the front skirt. So I had an extra piece.

The dress seemed really short. I'm so glad I added length to it! I like to make everything longer so the clothes last longer.

As for poor Alice's eye. I told my husband that I was trying to be Monet. Her eyes look great far away..just not up close :lmao:

Here is my little guy's "pirate" outfit

It's so hard to figure out what to charge. With friends it's even harder to charge them. I told my husband I will need to start a sweatshop in order to compete with ready to wear stuff.

I'd like to charge more! But I just don't know how much more people are willing to pay. Especially around here.

Love love the Alice dress! Luckily for me, the girls isn't actually a friend. We were close in 8th grade, but grew apart, and hadn't talked since graduation 10 years ago until a couple of months ago. For a friend it would be harder.

I don't think I ever shared pictures of this dress I made for a customer a while back.

100_5017.jpg

100_5010.jpg

Well I am excited to say that I have decided to donate a custom version of this dress to the auction for Heather and Teresa's sister Barbara!! I am offering to remake this dress to help raise money for Barbara and family to go to Disney World. I am excited to be able to help out and I just love this princess dress, HeatherSue's designs are just the greatest. If you want to help out, head over to Frou Frou by Heathersue's facebook page and take a look!

How beautiful! I wish I could do work like that. Appliques scare me. It's on my list of eventual projects.

So, she got back to me today and said she is hoping $1,000-$1,200 will cover the 4 girls dresses. :scared1: I was shocked.

Does anyone have any plus size pattern sites beyond Simplicity, Butterick, McCalls and Vogue? They didn't have much. Her 16 yr old is an 18-20 in street clothes. I'm a 20 in patterns, 14 street, so I know only a plus size will work, the regular sizes only go up to 22. The mother is in the higher 20s street clothes. I'm not able to adapt or expand patterns, just don't have enough training/experience.

Also, the date is for August 2013 which is forever away. With kids growing, when do you think is safe to start sewing. Obviously not now. 3-4 months out?

Love love the Alice dress! Luckily for me, the girls isn't actually a friend. We were close in 8th grade, but grew apart, and hadn't talked since graduation 10 years ago until a couple of months ago. For a friend it would be harder.

How beautiful! I wish I could do work like that. Appliques scare me. It's on my list of eventual projects.

So, she got back to me today and said she is hoping $1,000-$1,200 will cover the 4 girls dresses. :scared1: I was shocked.

Does anyone have any plus size pattern sites beyond Simplicity, Butterick, McCalls and Vogue? They didn't have much. Her 16 yr old is an 18-20 in street clothes. I'm a 20 in patterns, 14 street, so I know only a plus size will work, the regular sizes only go up to 22. The mother is in the higher 20s street clothes. I'm not able to adapt or expand patterns, just don't have enough training/experience.

Also, the date is for August 2013 which is forever away. With kids growing, when do you think is safe to start sewing. Obviously not now. 3-4 months out?

look for Burda, My Image Magazine or Ottobre (for women) they go up to a 20-22 (46-48 euro).....the patterns don't have seam allowances typically so you can customize them and then add the seam allowances, trace onto paper or interfacing...I know it sounds intimidating, but its the best way for me to get a good fit. Even though I wear 16 pant in RTW I can take a 10-12 pattern, add to the waist and hip, and get a better rise measurement. I can take a size 14 pattern and do a full bust adjustment (i'm a d/ dd) and wear that even though I use a RTW 16-20. HTH, to start look at this tutorial

http://www.burdastyle.com/techniques/make-a-pattern-larger-or-smaller/technique_steps/2

Ready for this?
After my last post, I finished my dinner and went back to cutting. I was trying to decide whether or not to put cuffs on the Christmas pants I'm making for the boys and looked at the instructions for where to change the length if I did...
Can you see where I'm going with this?:rolleyes1
I hadn't made Finn's pattern piece the right length... It was too short:scared1:

Luckily, the pants I'd cut were mostly roll-up modified ones, which don't have the same hem as regular easy fits...so I can fudge those.... The other pair I'd cut are the madras plaid ones, and I think I can fudge that hem too:idea:
The pair of shorts looks like it will be fine....

But I had to stop everything and make new pattern pieces... Check Phalen's (his were okay thank goodness!) Cut into my cutting time considerably!:headache:

I did manage to cut out the Christmas pants and pirate pj pants too. I started cutting out some flannel Cars pj pants too, but then other things took over, so I worked on putting away the laundry and now I'm going to check in on some things and get some sleep :surfweb:

I bought the Portrait Peasant too, but I keep putting it down. For those that have made it, does it really take 3 yards for a size 3-4? That seems like a lot of material.

I just bought this pattern and was a bit shocked by the fabric amounts, too. It is because any ruffles are laid out along the selvage (lengthwise) as one continuous piece instead of along the width of the fabric. I just divided the ruffle length in two and added a seam allowance and cut it as two pieces.

Poor photos, but a birthday tote and crayon roll up I made for dd's friend (tote is reversible):
th_Julia1.jpg

Alexa wore an AK dress to the party b/c it was a safari theme and we got oodles of compliments. And when people saw the gift they told me I needed to quit my day job -- made me feel really good. I really wanted to make a twirl skirt for the b-day girl but didn't have time :(

Cute project! What a nice compliment to receive!

You were right about the Patchwork pattern. I should have picked a different one. Even though I've been sewing for 20 years(eek!), I learned some new tricks from both the Easy Fits and Precious Dress tutes, so I was hoping the Patchwork would have something new for me, but after reading it, there is nothing major. Oh well, it is a good pattern, and does have some good tips for laying out the pieces, and some embellishment ideas. :)

Phew! I finished this last night!
What a pain in the but...the directions were so confusing!
Next time I'm doing it my way!
I'm not happy w/Alice's one eyeball...I've ripped it out and resewn it a million times...so it's staying. I can never get the eyes right!

Working on some pirate skull pants for my little guy now. Trying to finish up before we head to WDW tomorrow!! :banana:

Very pretty, and I liked the picture of your dd wearing it, too!

Most people seem to think that I sew my kids' clothing because it saves me money....not even close. But, by sewing them we get to pick fabrics that none of their friends have and that often have their favorite characters or that they get to mix and match the fabrics. Plus, I have teenagers and they are simply not comfortable wearing a lot of today's "fashion"....they are very modest in their clothing choices by their own choosing, so we simply cannot find clothing they are happy in. Especially dresses, we haven't bought a dress off the rack in probably 6 years, not since they hit the preteen sizes, lol.

Yay for teens who choose modest clothing! My dd is only 11 mos, but I've already told her we'll make all of her clothes rather than buy most of what is out there. ;)

These are what I put in my book.

Portrait Peasant
Bowling Shirt
Easy Fits
Audrey Ruffle
Rosetta Bag
Katelyn Skirt
BabyDoll Dress/Top

I also have a couple of tutorials
A crayon roll, 60 minute skirt and a strip skirt

I have made
Easy Fits, Katelyn Skirt and the 60 minute skirt.

I tend to collect the patterns LOL.

How about trying the Portrait Peasant first? Your dd would look so cute in an embroidered PP top over one of the cute skirts you've made! I'm almost done with my first one and it is really easy to do! You can totally tackle it! (And anything else on your list!)

th_photo3.jpg

This is a SUPER cute idea! Love those dresses!

I'm making progress in my "sewing for Disney" list!!!!:cool1:

I finished washing & ironing all of my fabrics on Tuesday. Today while Finn was at school and then until I had to go to work this afternoon I got my easy fits patterns ready and then cut out:

Alice in Wonderland shorts for each boy
Mad Hatter "ties" to applique on t-shirts for each boy
Madras Hawaiian Plaid pants for each boy
Camo Pirate roll-up easy fits for each boy
Flags of the World roll-up easy fits for each boy
AK roll-up easy fits for each boy

Since it was raining here again, I didn't have to go to my Soccer Shots job this afternoon, so instead I packed up the laptop and went to the bookstore (since DH was home to take care of the boys) and finished the updates for my Dad's website (my other job - I'm his "IT person" :rolleyes1 ) and emailed it off to the guy that hosts the site for us. That means two things 1)I'll get a little paycheck from finishing the work finally and 2)I am free to spend all my time working on Disney outfits and I don't have the website update hanging over my head :cool1:

Yay for getting some projects done! Sorry you had issues with sizing. That is so frustrating!

As I mentioned earlier, I've got a Portrait Peasant top almost done for dd, and I think I'm going to make her a Minnie inspired dress for her first birthday party next month. I think that's the theme I'm going to go with and it gives me a good reason to buy red dot fabric. :) I've got a few more projects in mind between now and Thanksgiving when I have to give back my mom's embroidery machine. My agenda starting in January will be to start selling some projects to buy my own 'Amy'!

Regards,
C.

Quick question - Can anyone recommend a good free/cheap pattern or tutorial for a kids' witch-style cape? I seriously mis-calculated on how much of my accent fabric to buy (okay, maybe I was a little tiny bit convinced I'd mess it up so I bought extra) so I'm thinking I'll make a cape to go with DD3's costume.

I don't have a good answer for this but I want to quote this so others may see it.

Most people seem to think that I sew my kids' clothing because it saves me money....not even close. But, by sewing them we get to pick fabrics that none of their friends have and that often have their favorite characters or that they get to mix and match the fabrics. Plus, I have teenagers and they are simply not comfortable wearing a lot of today's "fashion"....they are very modest in their clothing choices by their own choosing, so we simply cannot find clothing they are happy in. Especially dresses, we haven't bought a dress off the rack in probably 6 years, not since they hit the preteen sizes, lol.

I agree, sewing your own clothes is not a way to save money, it is merely a way to make sure you get what you want.

Good job on raising your teenagers who prefer modest clothing. I dislike off the rack clothing since about 11 as the necklines are often too low or the skirts/dresses are too short. From 11 to 16 I wore mostly baggy clothes since that was the only thing I could get from the stores. After I got to university I rediscovered sewing and have been making my own clothes since then. I still buy off the rack clothing now and then but I prefer to wear what I make.

I missed this one... Did you post pictures??? :lovestruc

D~

Just for you D~, here it is again:
Minnie1.jpg

This is a Jamie dress with a ruffle added to the bottom. Oh and it shows off my modified Minnie Rosetta bag quite well too (thank you for your tut on the zipper!)

The Alice dress pattern is Emily from Mamu. I thought it was great since that is DD's name :goodvibes.

Good job on the dress and the pirate outfit!

I have only been lurking lately because things have been horribly busy. Tons of activities and a way over-scheduled weekend left my whole family exhausted. I also had an interview first thing Monday morning but it went very poorly so I am sure that I won't get offered the job. They said I would hear yesterday and I didn't hear anything so I am sure that means that nothing will come of it. I guess the more interviews that I have, the closer I will get to finding something. It is hard to find a job back in teaching though after being out for 12 years.

Sorry to hear about your interview. :hug: Hopefully something will come up for you soon. I can imagine it is difficult to get back into the profession after being away from it for so long. Good luck with your search!

I don't think I ever shared pictures of this dress I made for a customer a while back.

th_100_5017.jpg
th_100_5010.jpg

Well I am excited to say that I have decided to donate a custom version of this dress to the auction for Heather and Teresa's sister Barbara!! I am offering to remake this dress to help raise money for Barbara and family to go to Disney World. I am excited to be able to help out and I just love this princess dress, HeatherSue's designs are just the greatest. If you want to help out, head over to Frou Frou by Heathersue's facebook page and take a look!

Beautiful outfit! I am sure the second version of the dress will help bring in funds for Barbara's trip!

Our entire family (well, not David, Barbara and the girls yet, since we haven't told them!) are completely speechless over all the love being shown for Barbara.

and look, less that 200 days until our trip!!!

Happy planning! As I said before, the reason why I like hanging out here is that we all care for each other, even though most of us have never met in real life. I think this is just a reflection of the kindness of the members and friendships formed through our passion for sewing and Disney.

Here is my T-shirt dress for Fin - my sometimes princess sometimes tomboy
th_photo3.jpg
th_photo4.jpg

And Marin's:

th_photo1.jpg
th_photo2.jpg

th_photo1-1.jpg

th_photo2-1.jpg

Cute outfits! Good job!

I'm making progress in my "sewing for Disney" list!!!!:cool1:

I finished washing & ironing all of my fabrics on Tuesday. Today while Finn was at school and then until I had to go to work this afternoon I got my easy fits patterns ready and then cut out:

Sounds like you are making great progress!

I would look at Kwik Sew too for options. I found their instructions pretty well written (but I only had experience with their "regular sized" patterns).

Ready for this?
After my last post, I finished my dinner and went back to cutting. I was trying to decide whether or not to put cuffs on the Christmas pants I'm making for the boys and looked at the instructions for where to change the length if I did...
I hadn't made Finn's pattern piece the right length... It was too short:scared1:

Luckily, the pants I'd cut were mostly roll-up modified ones, which don't have the same hem as regular easy fits...so I can fudge those.... The other pair I'd cut are the madras plaid ones, and I think I can fudge that hem too:idea:

But I had to stop everything and make new pattern pieces... Check Phalen's (his were okay thank goodness!) Cut into my cutting time considerably!:headache:

I did manage to cut out the Christmas pants and pirate pj pants too. I started cutting out some flannel Cars pj pants too, but then other things took over, so I worked on putting away the laundry and now I'm going to check in on some things and get some sleep :surfweb:

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your pattern problems! At least it sounds like you can make what you have on hand work though.

:banana::banana::banana:

I offically have a new trip to plan! DH and I are going to Anaheim/San Diego in February! We managed to find a pretty good seat sale to get another trip on our DL annual passes. I can't believe we will be able to go again! We also plan to go to San Diego Zoo and Seaworld. For the Zoo, I should be able to wear what I made for AK, but I think Heather's "believe" embroidery will have to go on my "to buy" list soon!

And, I am going to be down in Anaheim in less than 2 weeks for work (with a side solo trip to DL). I haven't done any sewing for this trip but my Minnie Rosetta and a few blouses I made for the August trip will be coming with me. Maybe I will take my Minnie-inspired Jamie too. Now I just need to finish these presentations so I could actually present my work while I am there!

I just want to take a minute and post my contribution to Barbara's auction. If you get a chance mosey on over to facebook and check out all the great stuff!!!

319150_10150373047744729_121682319728_8045280_1892050432_n.jpg

OK... I have to share my colossal mistake.

I was stitching out a Nemo test. As I was taking it off my machine, my DD asked me why I made it so funny? Um...what do you mean? Well, Nemo is supposed to be orange and WHITE, not orange and BLACK!

Of course, my DS had the right answer...I put Nemo in his Halloween costume...because Halloween colors are orange and black.

That of course started the whole conversation about how Nemo wasn't invited to MNSSHP and was upset and put his Halloween costume on.

Nini

th_photo3.jpg

The back:

th_photo4.jpg

And Marin's:

th_photo1.jpg

the back:

th_photo2.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

th_photo2-1.jpg

Great job on the Tshirt dresses.

Ready for this?

:headache: How frustrating. Glad you are able to make it work out.

I just want to take a minute and post my contribution to Barbara's auction. If you get a chance mosey on over to facebook and check out all the great stuff!!!

That is gorgeous! My DD is all about pink. We call her Pinky Pink as a nickname sometimes.princess:

The Alice dress pattern is Emily from Mamu. I thought it was great since that is DD's name
I really like it...but you know how those euro pattern directions are. I was sooooo confused. I didn't realize they had you line the front skirt. So I had an extra piece.

The dress seemed really short. I'm so glad I added length to it! I like to make everything longer so the clothes last longer.

As for poor Alice's eye. I told my husband that I was trying to be Monet. Her eyes look great far away..just not up close

It's so hard to figure out what to charge. With friends it's even harder to charge them. I told my husband I will need to start a sweatshop in order to compete with ready to wear stuff.

I'd like to charge more! But I just don't know how much more people are willing to pay. Especially around here.

Super cute - and I love the Priate outfit too~!

Know exactly what you're talking about! I used to make and dress porcelain dolls. I had to pay retail for all of my supplies and fabric, which would end up costing me about $100 to $150 a doll. Then people would complain if I added $25 to my cost just so that I could make a "little" profit. They had no idea what the supplies were costing me even after I tried to explain it to them. Wanna take a guess why I don't make dolls anymore? LOL

WOW!!! :worship:

Okay so I don't want to work today so I printed off a bunch of my patterns from ycmt and some tutorials I love. Oh and I printed them on 3 hole paper at work.

I just organized them into a looseleaf binder and they look so pretty and it was much better than actually working right ;)

Works for me! LOL!

I actually have an old catalog holder...the industrial type (from a previous life as a multi state insurance underwriter). I put all the instructions in that. It sets on my table nice and flat and I can flip through it easily. I ALWAYS print my stuff off on 3 hole punched paper!

...and since you work for family (right?) it is not like they are going to fire you.... they are LUCKY to have you!

Nini

They are lucky to have me since they are a bunch of loonies most days. Now I am trying to decide which of these patterns I actually am going to try next. Instead of collecting them.

I just had to ROFL at this entire conversation. I have my patterns in binders too... I slide the pieces into the clear plastic covers.

100_5017.jpg

100_5010.jpg

Absolutely amazing - as usual Ellen!!!

photo3.jpg

The back:

th_photo4.jpg

And Marin's:

th_photo1.jpg

These turned out so cute!

I'm making progress in my "sewing for Disney" list!!!!

Since it was raining here again, I didn't have to go to my Soccer Shots job this afternoon, so instead I packed up the laptop and went to the bookstore (since DH was home to take care of the boys) and finished the updates for my Dad's website (my other job - I'm his "IT person" ) and emailed it off to the guy that hosts the site for us. That means two things 1)I'll get a little paycheck from finishing the work finally and 2)I am free to spend all my time working on Disney outfits and I don't have the website update hanging over my head

Yay for getting other stuff done - I sometimes have to justify my sewing time the same way. :confused3

Ready for this?

ACK!!! Glad you were able to get it to work out! :thumbsup2

Just for you D~, here it is again:
Minnie1.jpg

This is a Jamie dress with a ruffle added to the bottom. Oh and it shows off my modified Minnie Rosetta bag quite well too (thank you for your tut on the zipper!)

OK - I dont' know how I missed this picture... I think I was distracted by that adorable hat. :lovestruc Thanks for posting it again. Soooo... how was the general concensus at WDW about an adult wearing customs? :rolleyes1 Just wonderin' :lovestruc

THis is super cute - as usual Aimee!!! I always love seeing the things you make! :lovestruc

D~ <---- Still sewing for her trip - almost half way finished with the outfits... :eek:

I am sorry I do not have time to quote but everything has been awesome. The Alice dress is so sweet and I adore the pirate pants with the pockets. The patchwork t's are such a neat idea! And I love Ellen's and Aimee's contribution to the auction for Barbara. I was going to make a tote, but I think the twirlier dresses/skirts do better so I may change my mind -- the more money that can be made for the auction the better! My goal is just to do whatever I do with fabrics I already own.

I have taken pics of my Beatle outfits but have yet to get them off the camera....and speaking of Beatles all I have been doing is working on Sgt. Pepper's costumes. I think I started on Monday and am doing ds's first (because I think it's a wee bit harder) and I'm not at all close to being done. And I work tomorrow and on Monday (which is our really long day). Wish me luck getting these finished. I keep running out of trims and heading back to the store and this time I need buttons which I thought I might have so didn't buy any yet. Well, I have some, but not enough. And if we go by $20 a hour I can resell the costumes for a mere $500 each ;)

Okay, here's goes...I'm going to try to post some photos of clothes I've made for some of my granddaughters...let's see if I get this right:)
Here's a Minnie Mouse dress that I made for my oldest Granddaughter

DSC_1773 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

Minnie dressback by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Tiana Dress

DSC_5023 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
Fun Dress for my cousin's granddaughter

DSC_9664 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
The Froggie Dress (middle strip has little frogs on it)

DSC_1198 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr
The Apron dress for youngest granddaughter.

DSC_6212 by Sheila Grammy, on Flickr

I've been making the dresses using a t-shirt for the top because the dresses are easier for the girls to get dressed and undressed.
Getting ready to hit the submit button -- hope this works:rolleyes1
Sheila

Okay, here's goes...I'm going to try to post some photos of clothes I've made for some of my granddaughters...let's see if I get this right:)

Tiana Dress

I've been making the dresses using a t-shirt for the top because the dresses are easier for the girls to get dressed and undressed.
Sheila
Those are all so cute and so are the dresses!:rotfl: I have the same mermaid fabric. My little niece is crazy about mermaids so I picked up some of that fabric several weeks ago. I am thinking that I will make her a skirt and top for her birthday this spring. The dresses are all so full and twirly. Your little granddaughters must love them.

I am sorry I do not have time to quote but everything has been awesome. The Alice dress is so sweet and I adore the pirate pants with the pockets. The patchwork t's are such a neat idea! And I love Ellen's and Aimee's contribution to the auction for Barbara. I was going to make a tote, but I think the twirlier dresses/skirts do better so I may change my mind -- the more money that can be made for the auction the better! My goal is just to do whatever I do with fabrics I already own.

I have taken pics of my Beatle outfits but have yet to get them off the camera....and speaking of Beatles all I have been doing is working on Sgt. Pepper's costumes. I think I started on Monday and am doing ds's first (because I think it's a wee bit harder) and I'm not at all close to being done. And I work tomorrow and on Monday (which is our really long day). Wish me luck getting these finished. I keep running out of trims and heading back to the store and this time I need buttons which I thought I might have so didn't buy any yet. Well, I have some, but not enough. And if we go by $20 a hour I can resell the costumes for a mere $500 each ;)

Whoa... wait one minute... let me get this straight... You are making all these costumes, then planning to resell them for $500 each afterwards????

Who is taking whom to Disney World???? Thinkin' maybe you should be takin' ME!!!!

Tiana Dress

Sheila

As usual Sheila - those grandbabies of yours are so precious - and the little dresses they are wearing are adorable. And I just have to say that your littlest grandbaby has the cutest bare feet ever! :lovestruc I just love that age!

D~

okay, if anybody will recognize who this is it will be you wonderful ladies. My five kiddos have a disney themed halloween ensemble that we are also using on our next trip, but unless you are a fanatic, people may not know who it is....

so, what do you think

Mousedress001.jpg

This is beautiful!

I was stitching out a Nemo test. As I was taking it off my machine, my DD asked me why I made it so funny? Um...what do you mean? Well, Nemo is supposed to be orange and WHITE, not orange and BLACK!

Of course, my DS had the right answer...I put Nemo in his Halloween costume...because Halloween colors are orange and black.

That of course started the whole conversation about how Nemo wasn't invited to MNSSHP and was upset and put his Halloween costume on.

Nini

I think your DS had the right answer about Nemo in his costume!

OK - I dont' know how I missed this picture... I think I was distracted by that adorable hat. :lovestruc Thanks for posting it again. Soooo... how was the general concensus at WDW about an adult wearing customs? :rolleyes1 Just wonderin' :lovestruc

D~ <---- Still sewing for her trip - almost half way finished with the outfits... :eek:

Yay for almost half way point! I would say people had positive things to say about my dress and other customs. I had a number of guests and CM's asking me where I got the dress. Only 1 person asked me if I would consider making a dress for her. I guess I am not a good salesperson? Not that it matters anyway, I am very hesistant about selling since I am concerned that sewing won't be enjoyable if I *had to* do it for an order.

Tiana Dress

Sheila

These dresses look so full and beautiful. Good job!

okay, if anybody will recognize who this is it will be you wonderful ladies. My five kiddos have a disney themed halloween ensemble that we are also using on our next trip, but unless you are a fanatic, people may not know who it is....

so, what do you think

th_Mousedress001.jpg

Is it Suzy the mouse from Cinderella?

th_photo3.jpg

The back:

th_photo4.jpg

And Marin's:

th_photo1.jpg

the back:

th_photo2.jpg

th_photo1-1.jpg

Those t-shirt patchwork dresses are great!!!!!!!

Just click the link in my siggy and sign up!

Ready for this?

I hate when I do things like that!!! I'm glad you could still make them work!

Happy planning! As I said before, the reason why I like hanging out here is that we all care for each other, even though most of us have never met in real life. I think this is just a reflection of the kindness of the members and friendships formed through our passion for sewing and Disney.
:hug: You are so sweet. I agree, everyone on this thread is just so wonderful!

I actually booked my room yesterday, and the price with the dining plan gave me major anixieties!!! I actually got hold of my travel agent and asked her to take off the dining for now, because the thought of spending so much money was causing me to loose sleep! I figure breaking it up into smaller amounts will be better for my nerves!! Here's hoping for a free dining pin code! Or ANY pin code!

Congratulations on your February trip!!! :woohoo:

Thank you Aimee!!!! (I got the ees right today!)

Nini

Clever boy!!!

I think the outfits are doing better overall too, but the Disers bags are doing pretty well. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see your Beatles outfits!

Tiana Dress

Sheila

Sheila the dresses are awesome!!! And your grand daughters are too precious!!!!

so, what do you think

Mousedress001.jpg

I was going to say Perla Mouse too.

Tiana Dress

Sheila
Beautiful work! I like the little overlay on the Tiana dress. I must be very tired -- when I saw the first photo I couldn't figure out why you embroidered "Grammy to many" on the shirt of the first dress :lmao: I figured it out as I scrolled further down.

Whoa... wait one minute... let me get this straight... You are making all these costumes, then planning to resell them for $500 each afterwards????

Who is taking whom to Disney World???? Thinkin' maybe you should be takin' ME!!!!
D~
Heaven's NO! I am making two costumes -- one for each child of mine. They are just taking so long that if I were to sell them ever and were to charge the $20 and hour someone suggested, I would have to charge $500 per costume. It took me over an hour just to do the trim on one of the sleeves. The second one went much faster (maybe only about 20 to 30 minutes). Remember, I'm the one who keeps contemplating opening an etsy shop and never has the time to.

so, what do you think

th_Mousedress001.jpg
Perla is my guess and I see now that I'm quoting what your photo is labeled ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter